Start by marking “Rage and Ruin (The Harbinger, #2)” as Want to Read:
Rage and Ruin (The Harbinger, #2)

Rage and Ruin

(The Harbinger #2)

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  13,001 ratings  ·  1,357 reviews
Dangerous secrets and forbidden desires lead to shocking consequences… Don’t miss book two of the fantastical Harbinger trilogy from #1 New York Times bestselling author Jennifer L. Armentrout.

Half-angel Trinity and her bonded gargoyle protector, Zayne, have been working with demons to stop the apocalypse while avoiding falling in love. The Harbinger is coming…but who or w
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 468 pages
Published June 9th 2020 by Inkyard Press

·  13,001 ratings  ·  1,357 reviews

Start your review of Rage and Ruin (The Harbinger, #2)
Arini ~ Miss Casually Reading
Jun 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
#1 Storm and Fury — 4 Stars
#2 Rage and Ruin — 3.75 Stars

The ending left me speechless, like the snap of Thanos’ gauntlet-clad fingers kind of speechless . . .

The pop culture references in this book is insane. Can you imagine having a conversation with a demon about BTS? Nobody can pull off that kind of ridiculous but clever and highly entertaining humor, except JLA.

When I was reading this, plot wise, it reminded me so much of the shows Supernatural and Shadowhunters. Another rehashed idea, yet s
jessica
Jul 31, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i read this book for zayne and zayne alone. and all i can say is HOW DARE YOU END A BOOK LIKE THAT, JLA!!!

i dont think i enjoyed this as much as the first book and that could be for several reasons - too much time between books, so i forgot a lot. the pacing is slow. not a fan of the many pop culture references. and trinity is so annoying/immature and i hated how she treated zayne.

that being said, i loved the further world-building in this. its so interesting learning more about the angels and
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
4.5 Stars

My God!! I forgot how much I love Gargoyles! Of course, I do have statues around my room, but I digress!

Okay, so the Zayne in the book has long blonde hair, but this is my Zayne.

I love the hell out of these characters! And in no way shape or form did I see that ending coming!! Although, I do always wonder why this one person ends up a bad guy in some books and movies 🤔

Anyhoo, I really looking forward to the next book!! Damn it!!

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾

BLOG: https://melissa413readsalot.blogspot....
Angelica
Apr 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Jennifer L. Armentrout can do no wrong. Let's just put that out there for all to know.

Even when she writes books that aren't my cup of tea, and it has happened before, I still keep running back, and 9 times out of 10, she delivers and I love her so much for it!

Also, just so this can be out there for all to acknowledge and be awed, by the end of 2020, JLA would have published THREE novels in the year alone! Each of them being 500+ pages! And from what I can tell (I've not read the rest but have s
megs_bookrack
This cover has added 10-years to my life.

Thank you, Jennifer L. Armentrout, for being you.

Okay, admittedly, that just got a little weird, but I just CANNOT wait to get my hands on this!!!
~Poppy~
Jun 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.75 Stars
Lia Carstairs

“Rage and ruin had not corrupted me. They powered me.”

Haha I was so off about who the Harbringer was.
Like completely off.💀

Also, JLA really loves her cliffhangers. (view spoiler)

My favourite scenes definitely involved when Roth &
Ashley
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: releases-2020
Star Rating: —> 5 MILLION,BILLION, TRILLION STARS!
(Technically 5, but the rating system is SO limited; bah, semantics)

AHHHHH! This was one of my absolute top favorite reads of the year, I am shaking, literally... i’m crying, no, sobbing. I can’t get over how insane this was... an emotional rollercoaster ride that I waited a year for and is over ALREADY & I’m going to have to wait againnnn for most likely around a year to get to read the last book in the trilogy! I had to have written a short rev
☆ Anneli ☆
Jul 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, annotated
Rage And Ruin
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

No please don’t be over yet! And that cliffhanger is not okay! How- I’m, no- I can’t wait a whole year before the next book.🤭
This book was so fun to read and I laughed about a hundred times, at least. I need the third book ASAP.
Sentranced Jem
Jun 15, 2020 rated it really liked it

That ending! Can we talk about that cliffhanger?! 🤯🤯

I knew I loved Jennifer L. Armentrout story telling magic but this book was beyond good. This book blew me away 🤯 EVERYTIME I thought I knew where this book was headed, JLA shocks me... Rage and Ruin was so so good.
Kat Valentine
Mar 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Let me start by saying how much I love this series!!!! Damn Jennifer Armentrout for writing another series that puts my stomach in knots and gets my heart racing and gets my girl parts a humming!!! I've always loved gargoyles since I was little and her Wardens like Zayne are sexy hot and magnificent!!! And our heroine Trinity wonder girl with super powers who's half angel and half human and who despite having a eye disease that will probably leave her blind hasn't stopped her from being a bad as ...more
Anna *Bran. San. Stan*
So, this could easily have been a 5-star instead of a solid and perfectly binge-worthy 4-star read for me, were it not for a couple of issues. But let’s start with the positive, shall we.

The plot and suspense made it hard to put the book down and do the sensible thing; you know, like getting some sleep. Some plot twists were unexpected and had that heart-breaking wth-quality, others I saw coming. (I’m never sure if I’m disappointed or proud of myself for figuring out stuff beforehand.)

I also f
Sabrina
Jun 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Get it here:
Amazon US * Amazon UK

That ending was so unfair! I need the next book ASAP.
naz
Jun 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lovely-3-4-stars
Meet Zayne: Protector of his love, Trinity:

“You needed me, and I needed to be there.” Zayne made it sound so simple, as if that was the way it always had been.”

Meet Trinity: Protector of all puppies:

“The demon had scared the poor puppy, causing it to yelp and topple onto its side with its little legs rigid. And that flipped me straight into Bitch Got to Die mode.”

first of all, that ending? my heart is not okay, i'm an actual sobbing mess. i NEED the next book. NOW:(

“That half grin gr
Mikky (Nocturnal Predators Reviews)
Originally posted at:

What a rollercoaster of emotions! This is the first book that's made me tear up this year. I need the next book in this series as soon as humanly possible! There were so many highs and lows and even more wrench-your-heart-out lows.

Trinity has a good head on her shoulders. She tries her best to be self-sufficient and strong but knows when to ask for help. I appreciate her wanting to resolve the conflict that came up between her and Zayne like rational human beings by usin
Yodamom
May 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, netgalley, owned, arc
Action, adventure, discoveries, laughter, love and heartbreak. We get all the feels in this one. Oh I am going to warn you, the end is a boom. Tissue time ! There is also a massive cliffhanger so prepare to order the next book as soon as it’s published.
Trinity and Zayne now bonded as it should have been are trying to figure this new life out. Trinity wants to stand tall and show the world she is more than what they see. Zayne wants to protect her, sometimes dimming her light. There is an emotion
Melissasfandomworld
5 perfect stars!

This reading experience was everything I hoped for beforehand and MORE. ”it all means so much more”

Trinity is frigging awesome. I love how strong she is, especially knowing she’s always coping with her lessened eyesight and such. And still, she can kick some ass. She’s so brave. And I also really like that at the same time, she can be insecure sometimes and fallible. She’s such a fantastic MC!

”The fact that you can kiss me when I look like this?” His voice was like sandpaper.
MC The Bookaholic ♡
Jun 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jla
5 WTF?!?!?? stars

What the flying effff was that ending? Like really JLA?! You had to end it on a cliffhanger?!?!

....I appreciate that ending as much as I loathe it though for reasons I will not disclose as they are spoilers.

Anyway. Trin & Zayne? Oh em gee! They still had that one step forward, two steps back thing going on, but it was amazing.

Their chemistry is so on point.

I loved that Roth was present in this book a lot more.

Guys so much happened here and my mind is like mind-blown by how awe
TheBibliotheque ♡
Jun 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-arc, 2020-faves
"Because I have no plans of letting you go anytime soon," he said, moving wickedly fast. Before I knew it, I was on my back and he was above me, his lips brushing mine as he said, "So, I'm glad we're on the same page."
Then he kissed me, and yeah, we were definitely on the same page.

Ladies and gents, the Zayne train has departed. Buckle up. Choo choo!

My review for book #1 Storm and Fury: 5/5 stars

*arc kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest fangirling episode of holy wows because
Siobhan Davis
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: preordered
Oh my God, Jennifer, are you trying to kill me? I finished at 2 a.m and didn't fall asleep until 6 a.m. because my brain couldn't switch off, and I couldn't stop thinking about what happened at the end and getting all teary-eyed even though I know it's going to be okay.

Can I have book 3, please?
Ashlee » libraryinthecountry
Feb 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
I waited to start this, only because everyone had me freaked out with their ominous angsty crying reviews over the ending. 😂 And yeah, I get it ... but the ending wasn’t nearly as heart wrenching as I expected it to be. Instead, it’s completely badass and incredible. THAT LAST PAGE 🤯

Please give me more of Zayne and Trinity AND Layla AND ROTH fighting side-by-side in the next book.

These spin-offs are delivering in so many ways, I might just like them more than the original series. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Kris (frantic4romantic)
What a ride that was!

Zayne and Trinity. Trinity and Zayne. What is there to say? Or rather, what’s ISN’T there to say?

I fell in love with this story last year after I borrowed Storm & Fury from the library on a whim. Zayne was a little bit of a stinker (which I loved — and after reading Dark Elements actually appreciate even more) and Trinity was a little reckless and whole lot sassy. It made for a great story and by the end I was ready for more.

I waited what feels like forever for Rage & Ruin,
Dorian Haviliard♕
Nov 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-sequel-eva, idek
not fair not fair not fair not fair not air not fair not fair not fair not fair not fair nfot fair not fair not fair not fair not fair not air not fair not fair not fair not fair not fair nfot fairnot fair not fair not fair not fair not air not fair not fair not fair not fair not fair nfot fairnot fair not fair not fair not fair not air not fair not fair not fair not fair not fair nfot fairnot fair not fair not fair not fair not air not fair not fair not fair not fair not fair nfot fairnot fair ...more
Jenn
description

I. CAN'T

I think this may be my favorite book from Jennifer Armentrout. It was THAT GOOD. I don't know how I'm going to wait an entire FREAKING year for the next book.

description

Ok the book. A lot went down. We finally got answers about who the big bad is - and damnnnn is it a doosey. I honestly am really scared for the group because I cannot even begin to fathom how any of this can end well. Well I mean, this one didn't really end well and it had me completely FREAKING OUT.

I really liked how we got more
Roobie
⭐️3.5 stars⭐️

If I have learned anything watching over humans, it is that they will follow and believe just about anything as long as it's easy.
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
Rage and Ruin brimmed with emotions, secrets, twists and lots of charm. Not only did this story have so much heart but it made me laugh, smile, cry and I even got the chills a few times. I loved that their world had a richness and depth to it that I could easily visualize. And I was obsessed with these characters that felt like my friends. So if you love paranormal romance stories then definitely add this series to your tbr.
“I don’t know if I can do this,” I admitted in a whisper.
Paige ♠
Nov 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
mandy ♡
5 "You're my light." Stars!

Last year, when I read Storm and Fury, it instantly become a favorite of mine and one of Jennifer’s best books to date. I wasn’t sure how she could top it. But, Rage and Ruin does just that. In this installment we are brought back to the world of Wardens, demons, and angels. Zayne and Trinity have just recently been bonded as Protector and Trueborn. We go with them on a journey of figuring out this new dynamic between them while simultaneously trying to repress their f
Nia •ShadesOfPaper•
HOW DARE YOU, MISS JENNIFER L. ARMENTROUT, END A BOOK LIKE THAT?!

Thank you HarperCollins and Inkyard Press for the ARC.

Blog | Twitter | Instagram | BlogLovin’
inabookshell
Sep 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WHAT IS HAPPENING?!?!?

• Crossroads and the Dominion of Four
  • Found (House of Night Other World, #4)
  • Hawk
  • The Sound of Stars
  • The Court of Miracles (Court of Miracles, #1)
  • Havenfall (Havenfall #1)
  • Supernatural Academy: Year Two (Supernatural Academy, #2)
  • Life and Death: Twilight Reimagined (The Twilight Saga)
  • Regretting You
  • Four Days of You and Me
  • The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (The Hunger Games, #0)
  • The Rise of Magicks (Chronicles of The One, #3)
  • Sorcery of Thorns
  • Twice in a Blue Moon
  • The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1)
  • Call Down the Hawk (Dreamer Trilogy, #1)
  • The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2)
  • Bookish and the Beast (Once Upon a Con, #3)

To email me, please use the below addy.
jenniferlarmentrout@live.com

# 1 New York Times and # 1 International Bestselling author Jennifer lives in Charles Town, West Virginia. All the rumors yo

The Harbinger (3 books)
  • Storm and Fury (The Harbinger, #1)
  • Grace and Glory (The Harbinger, #3)