Start by marking “Gunshy (Jennifer Pierce Maine Mystery #2)” as Want to Read:
Gunshy (Jennifer Pierce Maine Mystery #2)

Gunshy (Jennifer Pierce Maine Mystery #2)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  82 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Having survived a run-in that destroyed her prized Camaro and almost cost her her life, Jen Pierce has settled into her unexpected role as respected small-town journalist.
That role includes certain social obligations. How could she guess a simple holiday dinner invitation might bring her face-to-face with someone who was near phobically, tragically, gunshy?

Sharon Lee and
Published August 28th 2006 by SRM Publisher Ltd. (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Gunshy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gunshy

Dan
Feb 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, mystery
Quite enjoyable, maybe even better than the first of this series.
Estara
Dec 08, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of Maine and mystery and Sharon Lee
I really loved that the focus of this book was on Jennifer finally making more connections - of her own volition and not just thrust upon her - within the community of Wimsy and of course with Fox. I also loved the fact that this is not a romance - the time frame would make that much too cliché. I missed Marian here, but there was a lot more about the other inhabitants of Wimsy.

Actually I could have done without the mystery altogether, it's just such a lovely slice of life of a person growing m
Li
Apr 17, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommended to Li by: Liked the first book Barnburner
I'm still loving the "retro-ness" of this mystery series.

What surprised me with this book is that the mystery sneaks up on you, unlike the first one Barnburner, where the resolution snuck up on me.

I would really like more in this series - I would totally love to see the relationship between Jennifer and Fox develop. There is so much potential there...
Red
Aug 31, 2009 rated it really liked it
I'm really enjoying the Jennifer Pierce adventures. I like the setting (small town Maine), the characters, and the narrative style. Set in the mid-1980's there is a lot of historic technical charm as a lot of the action is based around the then current computer technology. That part seems very quaint and nostalgic. I really enjoyed this novella length story.
Jean Chapman
Mar 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cozy Mystery

In this sequel to Barnburner, Jennifer and Fox are stunned by the death of one of the members of their online bulletin board. They can't accept the police suggestion of suicide by gun as she couldn't abide guns.
The characters are likeable and the ending was not easy for me to figure out. This book is about life in a small town in Maine. The mystery plot is almost incidental.
The books in this series were full of the latest tech do-das back when originally written. They are now quaint
Mrs Johnnie Tate
May 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone!
This was great!
I cannot wait to read more of this very down to earth, devoid of fluff, sit down and absorb myself type reading! Thanks Mrs. Lee for another unforgettable character with charm that speaks to what is real in the world!
Sincerely,
JCTate
P.S. Cannot wait for more from these characters!
Simba
Oct 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2010
There really should be more of these!
Karen
Aug 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good follow up to Barnburner.
Barb in Maryland
May 17, 2008 rated it really liked it
Follow on to Barnburner is a good read, indeed. Clever mystery, nice atmosphere, well developed characters. A nice way to spend an hour or so.
Scianna Augustine
Feb 27, 2017
Mary Hoover
May 27, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Sharon Lee has been married to her first husband for more than half her lifetime; she is a friend to cats, a member of the National Carousel Association, and oversees the dubious investment schemes of an improbable number of stuffed animals.

Despite having been born in a year of the dragon, Sharon is an introvert. She lives in Maine because she likes it there. In fact, she likes it so much that she
More about Sharon Lee

Jennifer Pierce Maine Mystery (2 books)
  • Barnburner (Jennifer Pierce Maine Mystery #1)