Start by marking “Badger to the Bone (Honey Badger Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
Badger to the Bone (Honey Badger Chronicles, #3)

Badger to the Bone

(Honey Badger Chronicles #3)

She's the woman he's been hired to kidnap. But ZeZé Vargas has other ideas . . . like getting them both out of this nightmare alive. Just one problem. She's crazy. Certifiably. Because while he's plotting their escape, the petite Asian beauty is plotting something much more deadly . . .

Max "Kill It Again" MacKilligan has no idea what one of her own is doing with all these
Published March 31st 2020 by Kensington Publishing Corporation

To ask other readers questions about Badger to the Bone, please sign up.
Amy Brobst It's because they are BFFs/ too much like brother and sister. If there were any sexual chemistry between the two, something would have already happene…moreIt's because they are BFFs/ too much like brother and sister. If there were any sexual chemistry between the two, something would have already happened between the two of them. (less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Monica LOL...probably watched out for Max or did things behind the scenes to protect them all.

Start your review of Badger to the Bone (Honey Badger Chronicles, #3)
Jilly
Well that sucked.
It's bad enough that there is a fucking apocalypse going on and we don't even get to kill any zombies and instead are stuck at home cooking for a bunch of ingrates all day, but now the book I've looked forward to for months sucked?
Jilly's feeling stabby.

Oh yeah, I'm ordering this model when we all get our robot bodies. I like his sweet moves.

So, you might wonder why it took me almost a week to get through this book when I can usually knock out 2 or 3 in that time. It's because t
Corina
Shelly Laurenston is one author that has always had the most wonderful and diverse characters. Her Badger series is no exception. The cast is colorful, boisterous, fun, CRAZY, hilarious – one of a kind.

If you love PNR and shifters of all kinds, and you love entertaining, laugh-out-loud and ridiculously funny stories – you need to read this series – but please start with book one in her Pride Series The Mane Event. The author interweaves more and more of the Pride series with the Badgers – hello
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession

I'm so disappointed that I didn't enjoy this book more. I love Shelly Laurenston. She can make me laugh and smile like no other, but this book just didn't have the romance I come to love from her funny shifter books. I loved Charlie and Stevie's books, and I loved Max in those books, but this one was a bit of a mess. First off it jumped around so much. One minute we are reading from Max's pov then the next some random character from one of her many other series/books. The cameos of past characte
Kate
There is always one book in the series that disappoints me and usually it is the last one. Why? The endings are always rushed and here it was no different.

Seems I'm a black sheep when it comes to this book. It is most definitely Me and not the book!

I considered myself to be a very lucky lady and I am still of that opinion. However Shelly Laurenston writes hilarious female characters that are unique and know what they want and here with Max it is no different but out of these three sisters she is
Carol
Snarky...outrageous...."tongue in cheek" humor...Shelly Laurenston at her best!
4.75 stars.
I loved this one so much....but then I never had any doubts to start with...."mad" Max Mackilligan and her crazy honey badger sisters..... such divine stuff!!!! ....absolutely hilarious reading!!!!...plus the added benefit of super-cool cat..... ZeZé Vargas.....and all the usual suspects.

OUTRAGEOUSLY FUNNY!!!!

I SAVORED EVERY MINUTE OF READING TIME!!!

In fact, I am totally incapable of being objective here
Tucker  (TuckerTheReader)

Many thanks to Kensington Books for the free copy in exchange for an honest review!
"I’m a fuckin’ honey badger and by this claw”— she held her hand up—“ I fuckin’ rule."

Well, now that I am at the end of the series (or at least, I've finished all of the books currently available in this series), I can say that, in my opinion, this series kind of went downhill.

So, what's this book about?
She’s the woman he’s been hired to kidnap. But ZeZé Vargas has other ideas . . . like getting t
Carvanz
This had me laughing so hard, my sides hurt! I was recommending this to friends before I even reached the 25% mark, it was that good!

Max was one crazy, whack-a-doodle and I loved how protective she was over those she cared about. I’ve never read another heroine like her but she’s the type that I could definitely get used to. With her madcap group of friends she was scary good at taking down the bad guys, or just anyone that ticked her off.

Heda Octavia

And when it came to Ze, she didn’t do the insta anything
Mindy Lou's Book Review
I can't possibly express enough how much I am loving this series. I don't think I have laughed so hard as I have at these sisters. They are totally kick ass woman and living on the crazy train!

This one focuses on Max, but where Max is, so are Charlie and Stevie. I love that. These sisters have each others back and really show what family is meant to be. They seem to hate everyone and everyone seems to hate them, and yet they are constantly surrounded by other shifters.

Even though each book foc
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
Badger to the Bone is book three in the Honey Badger Chronicles by Shelly Laurenston and narrated by Charlotte Kane.

I had a blast with the audiobook. I smiled a lot. Laurenston, weather writing as Akin or Laurenston; always makes me smile and feel good. I know when I pick up one of her books I’m in for a good time.

As always the books are full of humor, quirkiness, action and entertainment. This was no exception! We still get that fun loving feel and silly humor plus some suspense and mystery add
Christa
Absolutely hilarious.

I won this in a Goodreads giveaway!
Somia
Tons of humour, quirkiness, action and entertainment is what I've come to expect from Laurenston's books, but this book and the series it is a part of for me have not been up to scratch (to varying degrees) - especially when compared to a number of her previous books. I know to leave reality at the door and enjoy the often very crazy ride but this book for me was just a messy and at times confusing mixture of scenes, events and characters.

There was so much constantly happening in this one, and t
Erin
Giveaway win!

Spring Into Reading A Thon: A book with romance or friendship

If I'm honest this book is probably more of a 2 star read but it was fun. And given what we are all going through I think we could all use a little fun.

The writing wasn't great. The plot was pointless but while I read this book I was able to turn my brain off. So for that reason alone I bumped it up a star.

Badger to the Bone is book 3 in this series but I was able to pick up the plot(what little plot there was).

Will I
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Shelly Laurenston returns with book three in the Honey Badgers Chronicles! I was really excited about this book because I think of her books as refreshers for me. There are no other books like this series and really, no one else writes quite like Shelly Laurenston.

If you like over-the-top humor that’s a little bit violent and dark, then I think you’ll enjoy this series. The antics that these characters get themselves involved in are really crazy and it’s really fun to watch. However, I don’
Treena
Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for granting my request for an ARC of this book. The review below is entirely my own opinion.

I love the MacKilligan sisters! I knew from book 1 that Max’s story was going to be one heck of a roller coaster ride. And it sure was!

This book was light on the romance versus other PNR‘s (and even books 1 and 2 of this series), but very much full of fun and non stop action! I couldn’t stop reading or laughing!

I will say though that you need to read the first 2
Lady Heather
Publication Date: March 31, 2020

" 5 -This is Your New Life - Stars!"

I'm a HUGE fan of Shelly Laurenston's over-the-top, obnoxious, extreme, sarcastic, and extremely funny characters.
Ever since I read the first book in this series Hot and Badgered, I couldn't wait to read Max's story. For me, she was the most outrageous and entertaining of the three sisters.
Don't get me wrong I thoroughly enjoyed Charlie and Stevie's stories, but Max is on a level of special all on her own.

Badger to the Bone
Alison
Three and a half stars.

I don't even know where to begin with this. Maybe I just need to say honey badgers are being honey badgers. This is the novel for the third of Freddy MacKilligan's daughters, Max Yang. Being stalked by her mad cousin Mairi, Max is kidnapped but she realises that one of her kidnappers is not like the rest, in fact he is trying to help her, so even though she doesn't need his help she has to save the poor schmuck, especially when she realises that he is a shifter and doesn't
Beth
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Complete escapism reading at its B E S T! I love Shelly Laurenston's ability to make me care about a group of off the wall 1/2 sisters that just happen to be honey badgers, as well as the cats, bears and wolves. I laughed out loud, cheered them on and had a blast reading Max's story!

I received this ARC copy of Badger to the Bone from Kensington Books. This is my honest and voluntary review. Badger to the Bone is set for publication March 31, 2020.

My Rating: 5 stars
Written by: Shelly Laurenston
Se
Lidia
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it and laughed through most of it!
Aurialis
Kahea
***4 Stars***

I totally NEEDED this.

I needed an insane, OTT, WTEF. make me laugh/snort out loud read to simply take me away from the reality we are living in and put in another one and this book did that for me.

Now, as I’ve said before, I don’t really read these books for the romance, I read them for the crazy, unique characters that populate them and this one is chock full of them. Max and Ze, being the MC’s as far as the budding romance is concerned, were a lot of fun. Max is beyond...well
1-Click Addict Support Group
Off the wall, hilarious must read…

Closing the final page of this book hurt so much! I did want to close the MacKilligan sisters for good, not one little bit. Ferociously loyal and combative, Charlie, Stevie and Max were half-sisters that shared a bond like no other. Any paranormal/shifter story I ever read didn’t come close to the wackiness and utter laugh-out-loud-ness, every read in this series was. The third honey badger sister, Max had (as they all did) her own unique neuroses and way of doi
Douglas Meeks
Mar 31, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well the DragonKin might be gone but we have the honey badgers to spread the kinds of insanity that only Shelly Laurenston can dish up since I am convinced it takes a very disturbed mind to think of these kinds of books ..... and I love them.

The first thing I remembered (that I had forgot) was you don't eat or drink while reading these books or you stand a very good chance of wearing those items. These books are insanely funny and if you can get through them without several laugh-out-loud moment
BJ
Sep 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: loved-it
Liked the h so much in this book. Finally we see ore than her mad skills, she's funny and actually very caring, and we see this when she leaves the h to comes to terms with his family history. He was in shock at first, and it was rather sweet to see him wanting to stay close to her, and her family. Their madness somehow grounded him, and gave him time to just be himself. I liked seeing more the of their family connections, and how Charlie was valued by others in the shifter world. It was all gre ...more
Miranda Reads
description
Ended up being another fun one!

Full Review to Come
Ivy Deluca
description
I do this to myself. Every time.

I know that Shelly Laurenston, my favorite author, comes out with a book once or twice a year, so I have to savor her books when I can. But do I? Yes, if savor means devour them and get all sad because I have to wait. Again.

In this entry, Max MacKilligan and Zé Vargas meet when she’s “kidnapped” by an old enemy, aka her mother’s ex. What Zé comes to realize is that a) Max goes nowhere she doesn’t want to go; and b) there’s an entire shifter world that he didn’t k
Marta Cox
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-reviews, netgalley
Well the honey badgers are back and if it's chaos, violence, snark and romance you are looking for than this book certainly delivers. It begins with middle sister Max allowing herself to get kidnapped because she's determined to get back at her mother's ex ( yep sneaky honey badger ! ). Max doesn't need outside help because she's got her own back up but it seems an undercover agent has other ideas. Ze hasn't a clue what is going on and is almost convinced he's hallucinating but his life is about ...more
Julia's Book Haven
I may had squealed a little when I got the email telling me I got this ARC. I absolutely love this series. It’s combines Shelly Laurenston’s signature humour with exciting action and a really lovely sister relationship that at times really steals the show. All the previous characters from other books make an appearance too which I loved. Max and Ze were at first a bit mismatched, with Max knowing with 100% certainly who she was and Ze still struggling to discover his true self. But just like her ...more
Tori
Mar 23, 2020 rated it really liked it

As always, Shelly Laurenston leads the charge with plenty of humor and outrageous hi-jinks as the MacKilligan sisters find themselves yet again in the middle of chaos. The fast pacing and action packed scene,s in conjunction with a plethora of new and old characters, will have fans will race to the end, crying with laughter the whole way.

Badger to the Bone is Max's story; the hard core morally deficient sister whose skills in the streets are only matched by her skills on the court. Pic
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
I enjoyed the audio-the narrator was good. However, this isn't a book to enjoy via audio because there are just so many characters!! The story is told in 3rd person and jumps from the Mackilligan sisters, to cats, to lions, to bears...it was just a LOT going on and it was difficult to keep up with while listening.

If you read the previous two, you know what you are in for-crazy antics from the sisters, hilarious banter, action, and a super strange romance! I enjoy the light heartedness of the bo
Melanie Duncan
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Laurenston continues her Honey Badger series with as much hysterical laughter and accidental (or not) maulings as her previous books. ZeZé Vargas runs into Max MacKilligan when she's kidnapped; he's one of the kidnappers. When Max accidentally outs Ze and realizes he doesn't know he's a shifter, the bloodshed and hijinks begin. Laurenston's humor is truly glorious to behold.

• Alpha Night (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #4; Psy-Changeling, #19)
  • Dark Alpha's Temptation
  • The Kissing Game
  • Wild, Wild Rake (The Cavensham Heiresses #6)
  • Spy, Spy Again (Valdemar: Family Spies, #3)
  • House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City, #1)
  • Gypsy Truths (All The Pretty Monsters #6)
  • Girl Gone Viral (Modern Love, #2)
  • Bears Behaving Badly (BeWere My Heart, #1)
  • When He’s Dark  (The Olympus Pride, #1)
  • The Boyfriend Project (The Boyfriend Project, #1)
  • Scot Under the Covers (Wild Wicked Highlanders, #2)
  • Ignite on Contact (Brotherhood by Fire, #2)
  • When a Tigon Weds (A Lion's Pride #9)
  • First Comes Scandal (Rokesbys #4)
  • Love Hard (Hard Play, #3)
  • Magical Midlife Madness (Leveling Up #1)
  • The Demigod Complex (Brimstone Inc., #1)
Originally from Long Island, New York, Shelly Laurenston has resigned herself to West Coast living which involves healthy food, mostly sunny days, and lots of guys not wearing shirts when they really should be. Shelly Laurenston is also The New York Times Bestselling author G.A. Aiken, creator of the Dragon Kin series. For more info on G.A. Aiken's dangerously and arrogantly sexy dragons, check ou ...more

Honey Badger Chronicles (3 books)
  • Hot and Badgered (Honey Badger Chronicles, #1)
  • In a Badger Way (Honey Badger Chronicles, #2)

Articles featuring this book

Are you worried you've missed your perfect match? Your perfect romance novel match, that is. Don't worry; we're here for you. We've got ice cream,...
“I’ll dismember you while you’re still breathing. And, in case you’re concerned, because it seems like you’d be concerned—you’re clearly very caring—I won’t miss a lick of sleep or have any PTSD over it. Your screams will mean nothing to me, because I won’t give a fuck. Why? Because I’m a cunt. I’m a raving, raging cunt.” 3 likes
“I’m a fuckin’ honey badger and by this claw”— she held her hand up—“ I fuckin’ rule.” 2 likes