Start by marking “Let It Be Me” as Want to Read:
Let It Be Me

Let It Be Me

(Amarillo Sour #2)

Who says history is boring?

Professor James Mitchell has a rock star reputation. With a waitlist for all his classes, a best-selling book, and the requisite leather jacket, the university and publisher are eager to capitalize on this British sensation. But after his girlfriend leaves him for another man, James goes from rising scholar to spiraling bad boy. Forget contracts
381 pages
Published September 30th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Let It Be Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Let It Be Me

Start your review of Let It Be Me
Siobhan
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I positively adored Counting on You, the first book in Laura Chapman’s Amarillo Sour series, and could not wait to get hold of the second book. Thus, the moment Let It Be Me was on my Kindle, I jumped right in. As I had hoped, it was a great second book in the series.

I will be honest and say I didn’t enjoy this one quite as much as I enjoyed the first book. I enjoyed Counting on You a wee bit more, but that does not mean Let It Be Me is a bad book. I was invested from the start, I devoured it in
InD'tale Magazine
Watch out for Laura Chapman! She is on a mission to be one of the best in the romance genre and with a book like this, she will be there sooner rather than later.

Read full review in the 2020 March issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Cynthia Cinnamon
Another charmer!

What can I say other than I loved this book. The tension between Ali and James was fun and flirty but realistic. A happy, sweet romance that hits you right in the feels. My only complaint is that I finished it and have to wait for the next book.
Elvira
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love this series having read the first book I couldn’t wait to read James and Ali story they caught my attention from the first sentence to the last. It was like a breath of fresh air to have the characters chemistry be strong. The storyline flowed smoothly. I am looking forward to reading more.

Barbara
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book two in the Amarillo Sour series a well written story with a very good storyline, it felt like you where there watching the story unfold. By an Author I have not read before. Professor James Mitchell and aspiring filmmaker Ali Ferguson-Day's story. I want to read more in this series. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Elle Stephens
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
cute story with fun, intriguing characters
KL Cassanello
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
He's a hot mess, but only because he's trying to get out of his employment contract. She's hired to whip him into shape. Ali has James all figured out, and he can't seem to slip anything past her. His take-no-prisoners attitude is spectacular to see, except for the hold that he allows Becca to have on him. Ali kicks Becca's proverbial butt more than once, and lets James see that he's better than that. Ali is brilliant, especially her organizational skills and ability to set up project timelines, ...more
Sheila
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ali is to tame the bad boy professor James but while they have their differences it is not long before they realize the attraction between them. Enjoyed reading this story with Ali and James and how they worked through their differences to get to a good relationship.
Melissa
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: booksprout
A history professor and an aspiring filmmaker butt heads from the moment they met.
It's an interesting read with bumps along the way that make it a bit mysterious and engaging.

Jolie
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I wasn’t sure if I was going to like Let It Be Me after reading the first few chapters. James was a hot mess. Ali wanted a docuseries so bad that she would do anything to finance it. It made for an awkward few first chapters. But once everything was ironed out, the book became enjoyable to read.

Let It Be Me’s plotline was medium paced. The characters were fleshed out and had a depth to them. I loved how relatable the characters were. Their issues were something that anyone could relate to. I als
Lisa Proskin
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I want to visit Amarillo Sour!

What a great story! I was so glad to be back with the Amarillo Sour gang. James is a great hero and I love learning more about him. I can’t wait for book three.
Kelly
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
History professors should wear leather jackets!

I might have paid better attention to my history professors in college if they'd dressed like James or were half as good at storytelling.

My favorite part of this Amarillo Sour bar story was that James and Ali were good challenges for each other. Ali's mom was hysterical, and James' friend Seth was the right mix of best buddy and truth-teller. The TV show idea was original, too.

I recommend this for anyone who likes a clean, sweet romance with charact
Chelsea
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet romance with plenty of bumps along the road to keep it interesting and a truly swoon-worthy ending. The story arc is full of enough adventure and mystery to keep you turning the pages, but also realistic enough that the reader can get truly sucked into the character. Also, the characters. One of the things I love most in a book is great character development, and Chapman definitely nailed it. Both the primary characters and the supporting cast were realistic, believable, and lika ...more
Regina
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ever since finishing "Counting on You", I've been waiting to read this story! James is such an entertaining hero, and Ali-with-an-i is the perfect challenge (and ultimately match) for him.
I loved their banter, their plotting and scheming, and how their relationship developed over the course of the story.
More please!
Sep 24, 2019
Nancy Jones
Sep 30, 2019
Laura Chapman
Oct 10, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
James Robert
Will Griesmer
Latisha Depoortere
Jake
Oct 21, 2019

• Jesse and the Ice Princess (Gulf City High, #1)
  • Roman and the Hopeless Romantic (Gulf City High #2)
  • How to Kiss a Guy in Ten Days (Edenvale Arts Academy #1)
  • Beard with Me (Winston Brothers, #6)
  • To the Only Boy I've Loved Before: A Sweet YA Romance (Edenvale Arts Academy Book 2)
  • The Love Fakers (Love Quiz, #1)
  • The Quarterback and the Ballerina (The Ballerina Academy, #1)
  • While You Were Flirting (Edenvale Arts Academy #3)
  • My Know-It-All Nemesis (Sweet Mountain High, #2)
  • Dating Mr. Darcy (Love Manor Romantic Comedy, #1)
  • Happy Trail (Park Ranger, #1)
  • Tomboys Don't Crush on the Captain (How to Date a Tomboy, #3)
  • The Running Back and the Prima Donna (The Ballerina Academy, #2)
  • My Fake Boyfriend  (Sweet Mountain High, #3)
  • Dare You to Fall for the Catcher (Rock Valley High #3)
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • No More Horrible Dates (High Tea, #3)
  • Dare You to Date the Point Guard (Rock Valley High #2)
Laura Chapman is the author of sweet and sexy romantic comedies, including Playing House, The Marrying Type, the Queen of the League series, and other stories. A native Nebraskan, she loves football, Netflix marathons, and her cats, Jane and Bingley.

Amarillo Sour (2 books)