Start by marking “The Empire of Gold (The Daevabad Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Empire of Gold (The Daevabad Trilogy, #3)

The Empire of Gold

(The Daevabad Trilogy #3)

4.52  ·  Rating details ·  18,238 ratings  ·  3,044 reviews

The final chapter in the bestselling, critically acclaimed Daevabad Trilogy, in which a con-woman and an idealistic djinn prince join forces to save a magical kingdom from a devastating civil war.

Daevabad has fallen.

After a brutal conquest stripped the city of its magic, Nahid leader Banu Manizheh and her resurrected commander, Dara, must try to repair their fraying al

Kindle Edition, UK Edition, 765 pages
Published June 11th 2020 by HarperVoyager

To ask other readers questions about The Empire of Gold, please sign up.
Fanny Maybe more because of the violence. The sexual content is minimal.
Tina There are some small explanations of previous events as they come up, but it pretty much dives in where Book 2 left off. If you can, reading the last …moreThere are some small explanations of previous events as they come up, but it pretty much dives in where Book 2 left off. If you can, reading the last few chapters of Book 2 could help jog your memory. (less)

·  18,238 ratings  ·  3,044 reviews

Start your review of The Empire of Gold (The Daevabad Trilogy, #3)
Regan
Jul 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was literally perfect
Mecca-Amirah Jackson
Super update: 4/16/2020

Just got the ARC! 😂 Time to put the money where my mouth is

Update: 1/14/2020

I still stand by what I said.

2/19/2019:

Nahri and Ali better not get together romantically or I will revolt.
jessica
Mar 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
‘the city of brass’ handed me a map and started me off on an enticingly ambitious journey.

‘the kingdom of copper’ had me at a fork in the road, unable to choose a path as i did not know my destination.

‘the empire of gold’ has rewarded me for my struggles and has shown me that the journey, no matter the obstacles, is worth it.

this book is the X on the map, the lost city of wonder, the hidden oasis in the desert. it is the final resting point at which a traveller can see just how far
Nilufer Ozmekik
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quick confession: When I saw the page numbers of the book, I draw the blanket on my face and try to hide from the book. Nearly 800 pages! I’m so happy it was not a paperback, I’m holding right now! I don’t want to look like wrestler after finishing my reading (I was looking like giant when I finished Dark Tower series of Stephen King book! It gave me cries to look at my triceps!)

Of course the other two books of the installment were long, too but when I start reading something (and you may guess
Charlotte May
This was everything! 😍😍
I will not claim to have understood everything but I loved it nonetheless! 🥰

The end to this trilogy was everything I could have asked for. The extensive world building is expanded even further, the characters are pushed to the absolute limit.

The conclusion was just perfect. I feel like I can’t go into it without spoilers but everything that unfurled I was pleased with.

I’m not going to yammer on because I’m just all gush and no substance. Just. If you enjoy epic fantasy t
Angelica
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, read-2020, arc
You ever hesitate to pick up an especially long book? Like, you want to read it but then you see that page count? This was that book. But I'm so glad I did read it.

S.A. Chakraborty managed to create a concluding novel that brings so much new history and lore to her world, and yet manages to perfectly wrap up the story she had began to tell in The City of Brass.

In this book, the stakes are raised tenfold. The throne of Daevabad is at stake and the lives of every person in the city are in the bala
Aimal (Bookshelves & Paperbacks)
anyway this series is dead to me, dara i’ll get you out of there!!!!!!!!!

Update: 08/08/20 - Every time I think about this book, the more disappointment I feel and I want to take off yet another star, so here we are at a 2. Had it not been for Dara's arc and chapters, it may as well have been a 1. :) Everyone say thank you Darayavahoush e-Afshin for carrying this series on his back.

If you really want to know why this conclusion sucked, here's a 10k word long post with all my many grievances. Very
Will Byrnes
Do you know how many times I’ve had to do this? Forget healing, my specialty should be having my life destroyed and then being forced to rebuild from nothing.

---------------------------------------

Yet everything was just a touch off. There were empty spaces where conjured buildings should have stood, ugly pockmarks on the skyline. The brass walls were tarnished, the edifices—on closer inspection—riddled with missing bricks and blackened mortar. Defying any weather pattern Nahri knew, somehow
mina reads™️
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: about-poc, arcs
I love this trilogy so much it’s unreal
More thoughts on my YouTube channel https://youtu.be/8NtUPX_koyY

Empire of Gold was truly a perfect finale in my opinion, it expanded the world so beautifully, it answered all my questions and even a few new ones I never thought to ask. It had adventure and plot twists and character development, and everything else I could have wanted from this wonderfully whimisical fantasy series. The way that Chakraborty is also able to naviagate discussions of the cyclic
Elle
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: author-is-nice, 2020
Now a Goodreads Choice finalist in Fantasy!

It’s really no secret how much I’ve adored this series. From the moment we met Nahri in The City of Brass, I knew this was going to be a special story. I’d like to just take a beat and thank Shannon Chakraborty for transporting us into a world of her own imagining; I feel truly lucky to have been able to experience her creation.

“Creator, every time I think I’ve found the bottom in all of this, I get some new story of murder and vengeance.”

But for th
halfirishgrin
I honestly can't even *imagine* what direction this book will take after the events of book #2 but I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED and it'll 100% worth however damn long the wait is. I just want my children (ALI AND NAHRI) happy and safe ...more
Ashley Nuckles
Mar 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SO GOOD. I LOVED THIS SERIES OMG.
Anissa
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am not okay.
Jonathan O'Neill
Update 22/7/20. Removing half a star. With a bit of time to reflect, I definitely preferred the second book and can't justify giving this one the same rating

***MAJOR SPOILERS***

City of Brass 3 ⭐
Kingdom of Copper 3.5 ⭐
Empire of Gold 3 ⭐

Daevabad Trilogy = 9.5/15 ⭐

Firstly, Congratulations to S.A.Chakraborty on completing her debut trilogy, what a fantastic and hard-earned achievement!
‘Empire of Gold’, despite suffering in the end, from a generic storyline, some under-developed and clichéd charact
demi. ♡
❥ 5 / 5 stars

Reading this trilogy is the best decision I’ve ever made so far this year. ♡︎

I love it. I love this trilogy so much I couldn’t put into words. It gave me tears sometimes, yes, but it also brought me so much joy. I don’t even know if I’ll be able to move on from this exceptional and amazing world since I feel like I’m completely bound to it and every single character in it already.
Nouf *LostinFantasy*
I received an E-ARC of the book through Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

Actual Rating: 4.7/5 rounded up to a full 5!

If you know me at all you’ll know how much this series means to me. I’ve fallen in love with this world and characters since the first book released and I’ve been waiting desperately – and nervously – for the final book.

Now that I’ve read it I can definitely say that it solidifies the trilogy as one of my all time favorite book series ever.

The book was filled with
micolreads
Apr 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best-of-2020
This book was like those songs that start slow, almost soundless, but that just go up and up until you cannot not hear them.

This series made me realize that love is powerful, it can get you through a lot and make you stronger. But it's not everything. Friendship and family are always there when love is challenged. I thought i couldn't read more about Nahri and Dara being apart, but the fact that I enjoyed, that I loved them being in love but apart, just reminds me that you can do everything you
Farheen
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can't be the only one who ships Ali and Nahri, right? 😭

Update: (view spoiler)
Brenda Waworga
Jul 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
That was one hell of joy, i cannot rate this below 5⭐️ really, i love everysingle word.. everysingle moment... basically EVERYTHING from page one until the end, this is the conlusion i was hoping for even beyond!

I laughed, i cried, i screamed, i wept, i cheered, i message all my friends who already read this and fangirling with them!

ALL THE FEELS

This is such a emotional review i know, but i don't want to say much about it beside.. just gooo gooo read it if you haven't

Thank you S.A Chakrabor
Deborah Obida
Jul 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult, fantasy
Empire of Gold is one of the best conclusion to a series that I've read in a while.

This book started just from where Kingdom of Copper ended. There is an abundance of action scenes, magic, great characters and unique plot. After finishing this series I think it's safe to say this is the first of it's kind that I've ever read. There was lots of revelations about Nahri's past and many other things like the marid and ifrits.

The entire series is set in a magical city and Egypt, mostly the former. Th
Raquel Flockhart
ARC provided by the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

1. The City of Brass | ★★★★★
2. The Kingdom of Copper | ★★★★★
3. The Empire of Gold | ★★★★★

“Not wanting to be destroyed by despair doesn’t make you a coward, Ali. It makes you a survivor.”

It is always a bittersweet feeling when you reach the last sentence of one of your favourite series. The denial that you will not read more about characters you love, characters whose adventures you have been following

Hafsah (on hiatus)
Fact: I stayed up all night to finish this 28 hr audiobook in under 3 days. And frankly I'm not sure whether to be impressed, or concerned about my priorities.

Fact 2: if Fact 1 doesn't evidence how compelling this story was, I don't know what will.

This was easilyy my MOST anticipated book for 2020, and (disregarding lessons learnt from my past experiences) I had raised my expectations extortionaly high. Yet...miraculously (thank god!) this time I was NOT disappointed.

That said, the one thing
Ellie (faerieontheshelf)
If you look up the word 'anguish' in the dictionary, you will find the last 100 or so pages of Empire of Gold.

But all jokes aside, this was a very accomplished ending to the trilogy. Character arcs were neatly resolved, narratives concluded, antagonists defeated. Every single character at the end of the book was pointed in a direction that I was incredibly pleased with, and I absolutely confess I wish we had a selection of post-ending short stories. And that is the reason why I have a selection
Beatrice in Bookland
"Nahri always smiled at her marks."

1. The city of brass ★★★★★
2. The kingdom of copper ★★★★★

4.5

I don't even know what to say about this book, it was almost perfect.
The only thing I didn't appreciate was the romance - even tho I don't despise it - because I just wish these two had remained platonic friends. But I did like how nothing was rushed, especially in the last pages.

Dara has been my favorite character since his very first appearance in The city of brass and his ending - and his last scene
Zitong Ren
And that’s the end of this series. Oof. Well. I have thoughts, naturally, I always have thoughts for some reason not that people care all that much, but I’m still writing this review.

I think that this is a good ending for these characters where everyone comes out surprisingly unscathed. It’s certainly not as dark or gruesome as a lot of adult fantasy, but certainly covering more adult themes. Now, I say that I think it is a good ending, and I liked how the author left about fifty pages after th
megs_bookrack
I WON A GIVEAWAY!!!

Look at me go! It's like the world isn't falling apart after all...

I'd like to thank the Academy, William Morrow Books and Goodreads for this honor.

Fadwa (Word Wonders)
Can't think... head empty.

Seriously though, I finished it. My favorite series. And I don't really know what to do with myself. I cried and laughed and cried some more. Loved things, hated things, saw the necessity in things even when I hated them. And just. Dara did that.

RTC!!
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
A solid conclusion to this Arabian Nights-inspired fantasy. It has some great twists and turns.

RTC.
Veronica Belmont
Ugh, so good. I'm so sad that this series is over, but so happy to have read it. The worldbuilding is something I will hold as a high standard for fantasy for years to come. ...more

• The Witcher, Vol. 1: House of Glass
  • Supernova (Renegades, #3)
  • Crooked River (Pendergast, #19)
  • A Murderous Relation (Veronica Speedwell, #5)
  • Yes No Maybe So
  • Recipe for Persuasion (The Rajes, #2)
  • The Gravity of Us
  • Lincoln's Grave Robbers
  • The Hand on the Wall (Truly Devious, #3)
  • The Amber Room
  • Fry Bread: A Native American Family Story
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 7 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #7)
  • The Shepherd's Crown (Discworld, #41; Tiffany Aching, #5)
  • Taming Demons for Beginners (The Guild Codex: Demonized #1)
  • The Bear
  • Goldenhand (Abhorsen, #5)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 3 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #3)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 20 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #20)
S. A. Chakraborty is the author of the critically acclaimed and internationally best-selling The Daevabad Trilogy. Her work has been nominated for the Locus, World Fantasy, Crawford, and Astounding awards. When not buried in books about thirteen-century con artists and Abbasid political intrigue, she enjoys hiking, knitting, and re-creating unnecessarily complicated medieval meals. You can find he ...more

The Daevabad Trilogy (3 books)
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
  • The Kingdom of Copper (The Daevabad Trilogy, #2)