Start by marking “Take a Chance on Me (A Misty River Romance #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Take a Chance on Me (A Misty River Romance #0.5)

Take a Chance on Me

(A Misty River Romance #0.5)

When baker Penelope Quinn steps in to help her brothers family through a medical crisis, shes forced into close proximity with charming Air Force fighter pilot Eli Price.

Penelope has one iron-clad dating ruleshe does not date airmen. Months ago, she relaxed her rule with Eli and immediately lived to regret it. After a long deployment, hes now back in Misty River and, to
Published February 25th 2020 (first published February 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Take a Chance on Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Take a Chance on Me

Start your review of Take a Chance on Me (A Misty River Romance #0.5)
Sarah Grace Grzy
Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
I just wish this were a full length novel!
Tamara
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved Eli and Penelope, and I am looking forward to reading more about Sam!
Beth
Mar 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
I thought this novella was cute! Despite it's brevity, it worked for me. The fact that Penelope and Eli have a history, and it's laid out well for the reader, takes away that moving too fast feeling that a lot of novellas give me.

Penelope's free-spirited nature won me over, and I like how she and Eli are foils for one another, but still have a deep connection point. Also, how cute is the idea of a camper for Penelope to sell her pies out of? I just loved that. I also appreciated Eli's character.
Melanie
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Take a Chance on Me was an awesome intro to Wade's new series! I enjoyed getting to know the characters and can't wait to read Stay with Me when it releases! I liked how Eli challenged the heroine to not think all airmen are the same and maybe her no-dating-airmen rule shouldn't apply to Eli. A great novella!

Purchased FREE on Amazon Kindle. Affiliate link: https://amzn.to/2xU8jYM
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Mar 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Short But Sweet

What a great prelude to this new series by Becky Wade. I'm so excited to read Stay With Me. This book was sweet and over way too soon. I enjoyed the characters and the story. And now I want to eat pie and hold a baby. 💚
Kailey
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this one! I cant wait to read this series! ...more
Nicole
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Originally posted on Inkwell Inspirations

She only wished that relationships were as simple as pie.

Take a Chance on Me, the prequel to Becky Wades Misty River romance series, is the perfect novella for fans of contemporary romance. Award-winning author Becky Wades ability to create wonderful characters that her readers will fall in love with and her trademark humor shines through in this beautifully written novella. Becky Wade has been a long-time favorite author of mine, and I am guaranteed to
Christine Indorf
Mar 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a fun read!! I just really loved the story. Eli loves Penelope and Penelope has a stick rule she will not date a military man which Eli is. When he 1st met her he didn't tell her he was going off to war. So when he came back he wanted her back. To do so he had to do 3 things to prove that he loved her. To be honest to her. write a poem, and make a fool of himself. Can he do all these things to win Penelope heart? Will she break her most important rule and date Eli. Such a fun read and I ...more
Amy
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Just enough to dangle the good stuff in front of your eyes and get you ready for this upcoming series! I love how Becky gives us both perspectives and in this case is adds to the tension and build up for both Penelope and Eli.

The way Becky writes her locations are spectacular. So vivid. More than just whats happening to the characters, but all the extra sights and sounds going on around them. I love this about the way this author tells a story.

This is a novella - the prequel to her next
Susan Snodgrass
Mar 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
'Sometimes, in order to grab hold of something good, you had to empty your hands.'

I adore Becky Wade's books. I never miss a one. This is a prequel to her brand new series, Misty River Romance, and it is just precious. It sets the stage for the sweet little town featured in the series and we get to meet some of the folks who will be featured in the upcoming novels. Recommended.
Coco.V
Mar 10, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon & on iBooks today (3/10/2020)! 🎁
Gloria
We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps. Proverbs 16:9 NLT

This is a great introduction to a new series that takes place in small town Misty River in the north Georgia mountains where there is an Air Force base. Penelope Quinn bakes pies and sells them out of her old vintage trailer/food truck. She has a rule to never date a military man. She has mopped so many tears of her friends who had a bad experience with an Airman. Her brother Theo has a good friend, Eli Price, that he met
Paula Shreckhise
This is a really cute novella to set up the Misty River series. We meet Penelope, her brother and his family and his best friend Eli.
Who else but Becky Wade could put together a romantic story that includes a brand new baby, a feisty cat, a hot fighter pilot, a pie baker and a Dr. Seuss book and make it fun! This is a great novella that gives us a taste of the quaint hometown with solid values and faith filled people.
I loved how Penelope gave Eli a challenge and the things he came up with to
Emilee
Mar 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-book, georga
This is a fun novella. I love Becky Wade's story telling. This one really makes me excited for Book 1 in A Misty River Romance!
Trisha Robertson (Joy of Reading)
review coming soon!
keltrinswife
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a sweet story that is the start of a new series from Becky Wade.
We are introduced to characters in Misty River, with this book being about Eli and Penelope.
Eli is a fighter pilot and Penelope is a baker, who doesn't date...you guessed it. He is determined, but so is she. As their story unfolds, I fell in love with the growth that the characters experienced.
I did not want to put this book down. It made me want more and I am looking forward to this series!
Rebekah Millet
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good gracious! Get ready to swoon over Eli! I devoured this novella and wished it didnt have to end. Im hoping to get a glimpse of my new favorite fighter pilot and Penelope as the Misty River Romance series continues. I dont know of any other authors who write novellas like this for free as a gift to readers. Becky Wade is something else!
Ashley
Take a Chance on Me is a great introduction to Becky Wade's new series. I was already excited for Stay with Me, but this novella has me even more psyched for it.

Eli and Penelope were likable characters who were easy to root for. Because they knew each other previously, their romance didn't feel rushed. That isn't always the case with novellas, so I really appreciated that. This was the perfect length.

I'm really looking forward to visiting Misty River again and checking in with all these
Sherry Deatrick
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Becky Wade sure packed a lot into this novella. The characters were developed so that I felt I knew them.
I love that Eli was an airman, as I don't think I've read about occupation before. And Penelope's reasoning for not dating him seemed entirely justified. But sometimes reasoning just has nothing to do with it.
Some of my favorite parts were Eli and the Sharpshooters, laugh out loud hilarious.
This book is a gem. I am so looking forward to the Misty River series.
Debb Hackett
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Becky Wade delivers another lovely novella, giving us a glimpse into the setting for her upcoming new series, Misty River. As ever, her characters burrow in deep and quickly. The topic of fighter pilot girlfriend issues hit close to home for me as I'm married to one and the author nails the lifestyle and the feel of that profession. Highly recommended.
Dana Michael
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Y'all! Oh my goodness! This was such a fun and sweet read with laugh-out-loud moments. Just be ready for the baby sitting scenes. The H and H had me rolling on the floor laughing. I really loved this story. I just wished it was longer. I am looking forward to the next book in the series.
Heidi
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Delightful! I loved reading Penelope and Eli's story. Clever, witty dialog and a fast-paced plot made this novella a satisfying weekend read. As always, Wade crafts a hero and heroine who are both easy to root for. And what's not to love about a fighter pilot?
I'm looking forward to reading the first book in the Misty River Romance series.
Terésa  Thomas
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Perfect Introduction to Misty River

This novella has captured my heart, I wish I could pick up and move to this quaint town, eat all the pie and watch as all my new friends fall in love. Reading the upcoming series will be the next best thing. Hoping there will be plenty of snipets about Penelope along the way!
Nicole
Mar 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Take a Chance on Me by Becky Wade is a really fun and engaging read. I love Wades unique and endearing characters, especially Penelope. Penelope is hilarious, loyal, and determined. Shes also very observant. She has watched as all her close girlfriends have fallen in love with the wrong kind of men and then paid the price. In an attempt to refrain from the heartache her friends have encountered, Penelope has set rules for herself that she absolutely refuses to budge on even when very obvious ...more
Rosalyn
Feb 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Amazing and sweet

Anything by Becky Wade is guaranteed to be a good read. This one is no exception. I loved it...except it was over just a bit too soon!
I greatly enjoyed meeting Eli and Penelope.
Their story is extremely sweet and well worth the read.
Penelope has her own business, Polka Dot Apron Pies, and she runs it out of a small camper. I found this to be quite intriguing.
Penelope has also had a long time resolution in her lifeno dating airmen. Shes seen so many of her friends left heart
Sam
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was ok
Where is the ending?

Very disappointed this story suddenly came to a screeching halt. What happened over the next six months? I felt like there were too many unanswered questions. Will you do a story on Sam and fill us in on what happened with Eli ?
Leah
Mar 28, 2020 rated it liked it
This was a quick read. It takes place in north Georgia. The story is about a baker and a pilot for the Air Force getting a second chance at a romantic relationship. Penelope was a bit frustrating at time. There is a happy ending, but it ends without closure. I hope there will be more about their relationship in other books.
Mar 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is a nice novella to begin Becky Wades new series. She did a nice job introducing characters and making the big issue of her book be more than determining if feelings are mutual. This story made me excited for the next book in the series. ...more
Nancy
Wonderful

I loved this short story by Becky Wade. She introduces us to her upcoming new series with a powerful story about trusting God. Cant wait to start the series.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• If for Any Reason
  • Royally Yours
  • Ruby Jane (The Montana Marshalls, #5)
  • The Way of the Brave (Global Search and Rescue, #1)
  • Now and Then and Always (Maple Valley, #1)
  • Like a Winter Snow (Port Willis)
  • Small Town Girls Don't Marry Their Best Friends (Beaches of Trumanville #3)
  • Match Made in Wyoming (Wyoming Wildflowers, #2)
  • Before I Called You Mine
  • Love You Truly
  • The Solid Grounds Coffee Company (The Saturday Night Supper Club, #3)
  • Above the Fold
  • The Fifth Avenue Story Society
  • Woman of Sunlight (Brides of Hope Mountain, #2)
  • The Land Beneath Us (Sunrise at Normandy, #3)
  • A Match for Emma (Mitchell's Crossroads, #3)
  • On Wings of Devotion (The Codebreakers, #2)
  • Finding Peace in Wishing Bridge
During her childhood in California, Becky frequently produced homemade plays starring her sisters, friends, and cousins. These plays almost always featured a heroine, a prince, and a love story with a happy ending. She's been a fan of all things romantic ever since.

Becky and her husband lived overseas in the Caribbean and Australia before settling in Dallas, Texas. It was during her years abroad

A Misty River Romance (1 books)
  • Stay with Me (A Misty River Romance, #1)