Start by marking “Die Rose Von Lancaster: Roman” as Want to Read:
Die Rose Von Lancaster: Roman

Die Rose Von Lancaster: Roman

3.46  ·  Rating details ·  97 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Wie fühlt es sich an, in einer anderen Welt zu leben? Lydde kennt dieses Gefühl nur zu gut. Durch eine Felsspalte ist sie ins 17. Jahrhundert gestürzt und hat dort den geheimnisvollen Noah Fallam kennen und lieben gelernt. Aus Liebe bleibt sie bei ihm, doch schon bald kommen ihr Zweifel. Mit ihrer selbstsicheren und unabhängigen Art ist sie den Puritanern ein Dorn im Auge. ...more
461 pages
Published 2006 by Knaur (first published March 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Die Rose Von Lancaster, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Die Rose Von Lancaster

Sep 26, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book had an interesting story, but it was not really well-written (which is strange for Denise Giardina). But it ended with a cliff-hanger and, apparently, there will not be a sequel. I would really like an answer to the cliff-hanger question; I know how he knew who, but I'd like to know why!
Shari Chantal
Aug 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great great story! I'm just wondering - what did Unkle John find in Noah's remains in the end after returning into the present, next to the celtic cross necklace as he says "Oh God, Noah" and prays? Was it the knife he received from John in case Noah and Lydde would have been captured to commit suicide? Does it mean Noah killed himself? But why? And why did he return to the wormhole - without Lydde? Did she die? I'm so confused. Damn I so wish there was a sequel...
Sep 22, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A cross between the Scarlet Pimpernel and Outlander. I hope there are meant to be more books in this storyline because I can't figure out what the ending meant!
Karin Bartimole
Mar 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Part time travel, part historic novel, all adventure! From the mountains of West Virginia to puritanical 1650's England, time and reality are bent, but human strengths and flaws remain universal. I couldn't put this book down!
one of my favorite books of all time. Borrowed it from the library several times and loved it each time i read it.
Jul 20, 2007 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: alreadyread
Although interesting in its concept, the book can get preachy at times and is not one of Giardina's best efforts.
Squire Whitney
Even as a Denise Giardina fan, this is my least favorite book I've ever completed. Giardina is just not cut out for fantasy. Plus, the sex scenes are pretty cringeworthily explicit for me.
Not quite as impressive as Giardina's other works, but I enjoyed reading a different genre. I also liked how she played with some traditional story elements. An interesting read.
Jan 22, 2010
Dawson Kemme
Nov 10, 2014
Feb 10, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Often labelled an Appalachian writer, or a historical novelist, Denise Giardina describes herself as a theological writer, exploring fundamental issues of faith and belief through literary characters.

Born and raised in the West Virginia coalfields, Giardina is an ordained Episcopal Church deacon, a community activist and a former candidate for the WV state governorship.

Her novels, fictionalizing h
More about Denise Giardina...