Start by marking “Winter King (The Wyth Courts #1)” as Want to Read:
Winter King (The Wyth Courts #1)

Winter King

(The Wyth Courts #1)

His court is dying, and she's his only hope ...

Monsters of the Tywyll Forest have poisoned the Winter Court, unleashing a prophecy that demands a human sacrifice to save the withering land. Willing to do whatever it takes to save his people, King Cadewyn of the Winter Court ventures to the human world in search of one insignificant life to claim...

Amber was used to
Published October 9th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Winter King, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winter King

Start your review of Winter King (The Wyth Courts #1)
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)

WK-TEASERS

This was an intriguing and imaginative read.
The winter court needs a sacrifice to save it from a spreading curse that is infecting his land.
A selfless and pure human.
One human life weighed against and the entire court of the Fae and for the winter king there is no contest.
Amber a down on her luck and now jobless young girl is that human.
Kidnapped and taken to the winter court Amber suddenly finds herself a part of a whole new world one she never dreamed existed.
Cadewyn is the winter king of
ⒶH-ℳℰⒾ ♔♚♛Queen Of The Fat Cats♛♚♔
GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I desperately need info, is the guy in the cover the Male protagonist? Is he an antihero? I need an antihero!!!
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 CRANKY STARS

A story about shifters is always a good start for me. This story was well written and held my attention. The author has created a world in another dimension that is constantly bathed in snow. It is inhabited by Were’s and other monsters. In this case, the Were’s are good. There are also Fae and Goddesses. It is also a story of love and war.

Cade is the King of his land, and a darkness is threatening to overtake his kingdom. He asks the Goddess of Wyth what he should do and is told i
Lisa
Feb 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Predictable

This was light and fluffy. This had an amazing idea with some really cool monsters and magic but it was rushed, choppy and fell flat. I read it all in about 2 hours. It was too predictable. It wasn't a bad read but I felt there was this huge story to tell and it could have been much more.
Parvati Patil

Publication date was 10/09
UK link
US link

09/28
I can't find the Amazon link, is this available for preorder?
Vannessa
I was asked by the author if I would read and review this book and I am so glad I agreed! I really enjoyed it and couldn't put it down!

Cade is the Winter King in the fae realm of Wyth and when a curse is literally destroying his land, he has to venture to the human realm to find one who is selfless in order to stop the curse. He has no problem with this at all and sure enough finds Amber, a young, girl whose life is not going the way she wants at all. He drags her back to his palace, where she
Claire Cronin
Oct 17, 2019 rated it liked it
This is the first book in The Wyth Courts series by this author, and although it held a lot of promise I do think it needed developing more, the story needed a bit more oomph, it was a bit predictable and I didn't feel the connections with the characters. That said I did enjoy the story, there is definitely scope for more books, so will keep an eye out and see how they go.

So the idea behind the story is that the Winter King, Cade, has had a curse cast upon his land and only a selfless and caring
Jaiya
Oct 06, 2019 rated it liked it
With an intriguing premise I really wanted to like this more. It was a quick and light read with a few moment of charm. However, the overall story felt a little rushed and I wished that the author dove into the plot a little bit more. There were a lot of opportunities to make the plot alot more interesting, but overall it felt very predictable and the characters underdeveloped. I look forward to reading the second book in the series.

The author provided me with an advanced copy in exchange for my
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
A curse, a sacrifice and an impossible choice. A wonderful new series full of magic, fae and fated romance. I really enjoyed the characters and loved how the story played out. It was hard to put down once I picked it up.
Asha
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Wasn’t expecting it to be great but I was surprised by nice it was it had the right amount of action and romance.
Melissa Weeks
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was good I enjoyed the book Amber is truly the most selfless human and caidin find himself in between a rock and a hard place save his people or follow his heart
Grammy 1
Genre: Paranormal/Fantasy Romance
Release Date: October 9, 2019
Pages: 184

REVIEWED BY MEMBER OF THE PARANORMAL ROMANCE REVIEW TEAM
King Cadewyn (Cade) of the Winter Court has been brought news that a curse has been placed on the land and the land is dying. The Habred live in Tywyll Forest which is inhabited by monsters and after the war with them every leader and important person including the commander were killed. Unfortunately unknown to
carrie thackston
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Fae fantasy romance! Amber is down on her luck. She just lost her job and is living with a horrible roommate. What's special about Amber is she never looses her empathy, kindness or willingness to help. Cade is the Winter king in the Fae realm of Wyth. His land has been poisoned by a curse from longstanding enemies. In order to save his land he needs a pure hearted sacrifice. I loved Amber and Cade. They are perfect for each other! I felt bad for both of them, but they were doing what they ...more
Oct 04, 2019 rated it liked it
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review

The king of the Winter Court faces a dilemma when a curse is cast upon his kingdom and he needs to sacrifice a human who is pure of heart in order to save his kingdom, and his people. Only problem is, the woman he needs to sacrifice is his mate. The idea behind this book is good and it's certainly a light, enjoyable read with dual perspectives (something I always enjoy), however I found it lacking in depth and character development.
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars. Good story, but like many of the other reviewers I agree that the overall book could have been fleshed out more. There was potential for more storylines and insights/perspectives from other secondary characters that were not taken. Because the book was so short the emotions between the two main characters were not as deep and more one dimensional than necessary. If the book were longer there would have been more time to build the tension and attraction between the main characters. Ove ...more
Andrea Thompson
I am part of a big community of readers that LOVE a good journey to Faerie. This story did not disappoint!

It's difficult to not like Amber, and even knowing the motivations for King Cadewyn taking her back to his kingdom, it's hard not to feel for the guy. He's just trying to save his realm after all. There's drama, that wonderful feeling of being dropped into a lush mythology and some truly steamy romantic tension.

If you are a fan of fae / human romance, this is a great choice!
Emily Dickson
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Winter Court is under a court. To save his Kingdom King Cadewyn needs a sacrifice. What happens when that sacrifice is also his mate? Amber is a great character and was taken from her home and into the Winter Court. While there she develops feelings for the king. Plenty of creatures and action with some steam. This was a great story. Loved it! I am voluntarily reviewing an arc.
Mandie
Oct 17, 2019 rated it liked it
This was an interesting read. I really had high hopes for this book, as I really loved the blurb. It had high potential. But I did not enjoy it as much as I had hoped. It was really hard to keep my interest.
🅙𝔲𝔩𝔷
Didn’t enjoy. Not for me
Lu
Dec 16, 2019 rated it liked it
More like 3.5! It was so fun! But because it was so short it was very fast paced so things did happen quickly

I loved the world though! Will definitely read the next one!
Pauline Anne
Apr 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fantasy with lots of emotion as well as action. Loved the setting of this beautiful winter wonderland. Hated the fact it was being destroyed by a curse. A curse that could only be broken by the sacrifice of a good human soul. A soul that just happens to be Cade's soulmate.
What will it be, saving his kingdom or the love of his life? Not an easy choice to make.
Great read.
Angie Turner
Apr 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Titillating

Case and Amber may start out with a strong sexual attraction to each other. The difficulties that face Cafe's people are testing that attraction. The end is a surprise I didn't see coming.
Ashli Adames
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
WOW..

Talk about a book that keeps you on your toes! I can't wait to continue with the rest of the Wyth Courts books! Case & Amber certainly didn't disappoint 🥰
Sanaiya V
May 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
pretty basic, but enjoyable
Manu
Jun 04, 2020 rated it it was ok
If I have to read 'snow above' one more time...
Too good to be a school paper yet insufficient for a book. Even though the idea was nice there was nothing original about it. Sorry not sorry.
Sumaiya
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing guys😍❤️❤️
It was very romantic short kinda book and I can't wait 4 the next book
I recommend it 4 you all
Jul 20, 2020 rated it did not like it
This was.... bad. so so bad. It was painful to read. I couldn't finish the first few chapters.
Laima
Aug 02, 2020 added it
I dont even know how to rate this book 🤷🏼‍♀️
JOCA
Feb 20, 2020 added it
Shelves: dnf
Interesting premise but I wasn't a fan of the writing style. It was bland and sentences, especially dialogue, were awkwardly phrased. This was a DNF for me.
Karen D Scarver
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Hot Winter

Good story. Cade and Amber overcame the odds to be together. The King finally met his long awaited mate, only to have to do the unthinkable or would he!

• Trial for the Shadow King (Captive of Shadows #2)
  • Promised to the Shadow King (Captive of Shadows, #1)
  • Spring Warrior: Steamy Fantasy Romance (The Wyth Courts Book 2)
  • Awakened by the Shadow King (Captive of Shadows #3)
  • The Cruel Fae King (The Cursed Kingdoms #1)
  • The Cursed Fae King (The Cursed Kingdoms #2)
  • Hunted by the Winter King (Faeted Mates, #1)
  • Battle for the Shadow King (Captive of Shadows #4)
  • Claimed by the Fae King (Mated to the Fae King, #4)
  • Stolen by the Fae King (Mated to the Fae King, #1)
  • Destined for the Fae King (Mated to the Fae King, #2)
  • Fae's Consort
  • Taken from the Winter King (Faeted Mates #2)
  • Forever wth the Fae King (Mated to the Fae King, #5)
  • Two Vicious Kingdoms (Battle for The Dark King,  #2)
  • Three Deadly Trials (Battle for The Dark King, #1)
  • Seduced by the Fae King (Mated to the Fae King, #3)
  • Lord of Winter (Fae of Darkness, #1)

News & Interviews