Start by marking “Dr T: A Guide to Sexual Health and Pleasure” as Want to Read:
Dr T: A Guide to Sexual Health and Pleasure

Dr T: A Guide to Sexual Health and Pleasure

The indomitable Dr Tlaleng Mofokeng – affectionately known as Dr T – is passionate about making sexual health and well-being services available to all, regardless of their sexual and gender identities and their economic status.

This book is filled with the specifics of sexual anatomy and health as well as advice and facts about pleasure and sexual rights. Dr T, in her typic

Published August 7th 2019 by Pan Macmillan SA

To ask other readers questions about Dr T, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dr T

Start your review of Dr T: A Guide to Sexual Health and Pleasure
Claire Hondo
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The book is sectioned in such a way that she talks of sexual anatomy and physiology involved so that you are comfortable with parts involved. Then she deals with sex and medical conditions that can affect you. Then the juicy part😜, the sexual pleasures i.e the fantasies, big O, girl on girl, anal play and finishes the book with sexual rights i.e LGBTQIA+ and sex workers.

In medical school, we focused more on sexual illness and disease processes hence I skipped the whole section on medical condit
Mbali  (flowahh_)
Jun 30, 2020 rated it really liked it

Funny story, I had big plans on doing a Dr T inspired #booksaslewks for Valentine’s Day last year, but then I chickened out because I hadn’t finished the book and I was afraid people would ask me what I thought and I wouldn’t be able to give them a clear answer 😂

Dr T’s book is exactly what the title says it is, a guide to sexual health and pleasure. This book is a detailed guide on everything you need to know about your sexual health, from your physiology, menstrual health, medical conditions,
Akho
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dr T has done absolutely outstanding work on this book. Even at my big age I have learned so much; I no longer give nicknames to the intimate parts of my body - a vagina is just that... not a kitty or cake or whatever food comes to mind, it is a V A G I N A! I think every woman should have this one in her bookshelf - a sister in book form! ❤👌🏾
Kerigo Odada
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The book is a wonderful read that makes one feel like you're simply having a chat with Dr T over a glass of wine as you discuss issues that are often avoided yet very important. It's informative, empowering and fun. The book is a movement on its own. ...more
ABAgail
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was penned by an incredibly passionate doctor, author, and health advocate who truly cares about her patients' well-bring. She is an outspoken advocate for human rights and sexual health.

This book relates great information about sexual wellness and intimacy--from STI's to consent to sex after a lover has passed away. Where else can you find such information, and from a Black female perspective at that?!

Read this book!!!
Paballo
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a book to have everywhere for the education of both children and adults. It erases all myths about sexuality and teaches everyone how to be responsible as well as an enlightenment on how to have sexual pleasure.
Letlhogonolo Mokgoroane
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
‘The Pleasure Revolution is about understanding the many ways that sex happens, it is about consent and what it takes to have fulfilling sexual experiences.’

This book focuses on the often missing link in sexual health which is pleasure. The book is divided into three parts.

The first part deals with physiology, which teaches us about our bodies and how certain illnesses can impact our sex lives. It equips us with the knowledge to understand our bodies better. It is written in a very accessible m
Rene
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I could not wait to get a copy of this book. Dr T is an absolute Rockstar when it comes to sexual health. The minute I bought my copy I read it. I facilitate sexual health sessions for nurses and lay counselors in the Civil Society space in South Africa and I immediately incorporated some of the learnings from this book and advised them to get a copy. I will not only be using it on my work spaces but with my 11 yr old daughter. This book is a great reference for health care workers but also for ...more
Lungile Mnqayi
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I totally loved this book. It teaches me things I thought I knew but didn’t. Very interest how certain myths about sex are crushed by this book. Thank you Dr T, some of the things I learnt:

Consent
Sexual rights and the fact that sexual health is a human right
LGBTQIA - the subject for me has been a bit of a mystery and it was great to learn.
Overall to have confidence sexually, also there is nothing to be ashamed of in sharing and exploring your fantasies!

And many more.... let me go book my dentis
StheM
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dr T! Thank you for writing your book. Last week I had a male student come see me about work and we got to talking about the protests against GBV on campus. Then he asked me about your launch on campus and we started discussing consent and sexual pleasure and how to navigate those conversations. Basically your book has given us a channel and the language to have previously awkward conversations. As a teacher and mentor of young people, this is makes my life infinitely easier. Thank you!
Itumeleng Khumoyarona
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing book that illustrate sexual and reproductive health in an easier and youthful manner. I would recommend the book to Botswana secondary school learners as well as moral education teachers. The topics are aligned to the syllabus.
Leungo Motlhabane
Mar 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Factual, relatable and affirmative. Dr T’s use of words, her tone and topics discussed make for an easy, informative, funny and comfortable read. I could have easily been in her consultation room as I read this. I didn’t know how much I didn’t know about sexual health, pleasure and rights until I read this book. This guide is a must read for all who didn’t get the sex talk from parents/guardians/caretakers, who want to get comfortable learning and experimenting with sexual pleasure and those who ...more
Pia Broker
Jun 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
I did not know how little I knew and how liberating it feels to have a better idea about sexual health, sexual pleasure, and sexual rights.

Sexuality is something deeply human. I really recommend this book to girls and boys and everyone in between! Even though it might feel uncomfortable at times, especially when you come from a background where you don't openly talk about sex like me, it is important we all understand what it is and don't act as if it doesn't exist :)
Athalia Maluleke
Feb 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is a sister in book form and I think every woman should have it in her book shelf. Love it!
Shanthini Naidoo
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dr T is succint and clinical, humorous and strong in her messaging. An education I can't wait to share with my daughters. The answers are all there. ...more
Veronica Vosloo
Phathie
Feb 20, 2020
Juliet
Mar 30, 2020

• Black Tax: Burden or Ubuntu?
  • Zandile The Resolute
  • The History of Sexuality, Volume 1: An Introduction
  • Daisy in Chains
  • Look What You Made Me Do: A Memoir
  • Spud: The Madness Continues
  • Tales from the Couch: A Clinical Psychologist’s True Stories of Psychopathology
  • Son of Rosemary
  • Dis Ek, Anna
An M.D,and a Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) Expert specialising in Clinical Services, Advisory role, Health Policy, Comprehensive Sexuality Education, Training and Facilitation, Advocacy, Global Health Politics and Content Production.An Aspen New Voices Fellow and board member of the Global Advisory Board Sexual Health &Well-being’s (GABSHW).She is committed to Sexual and Reprodu ...more

News & Interviews

“How do we reclaim the use of language? Can we get to a point where in SeSotho or isiXhosa women can speak about their genitals without offense given or taken based on the experience of how such words are used & weaponized against us” 3 likes
“Whatever that detail is, it cannot just be assumed that when you touched her vagina and it was wet, it meant she wanted to have sex.
Consent does not work that way.”
2 likes