Start by marking “Things That Women Do” as Want to Read:
Things That Women Do

Things That Women Do

After Anna Shields receives an invitation from her estranged Aunt Lydia, she flies to Tennessee to find a number of older women—Tasha, Sadie, and Chloe—also living on Lydia’s farm. After losing power during a blizzard, the women share dark and startling secrets. Skating between past and present, they reveal frighteningly desperate things that they have done. Anna begins to ...more
Kindle Edition
Published September 17th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Things That Women Do, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Things That Women Do

Start your review of Things That Women Do
Kavya PV
Sep 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
'Things that Woman Do' is a stand alone contemporary written by Cynn Chadwick which follows the lives of certain women and and their bond till their old age. It starts with a flash back on how it all started with Lydia,Chloe, Sadie and Tasha. Then it advances to the present scenario with Anna, Lydia's sister Frances's daughter coming to visit her aunt.
It is dramatic with a lot of heartbreaks and basically it is filled with emotions. Going back to the past for explaining the present situations gi
Cayce Young
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is a work of art. The way Cynn Chadwick has woven the stories, feelings, thoughts and lives of these women together is nothing short of masterful. It is complex, rich, vibrant, heartbreaking, joyous and full of secrets both revealed at last and long lost.
Ever Leigh
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I think the cover does a great job of setting the mood. This story will make you think, make you feel, and just touch you in a way you did not expect. It's empowering and real!

Wonderful characters, multi-dimensional and believable. A plot that's pacing is right on and captivating, there are just not enough good things to say about this book. GREAT NOVEL!
Truly Trendy PR
Things That Women Do by Cynn Chadwick will draw you in from the beginning with intriguing characters and a captivating story line. A story full of drama, family, heartbreak, and hope. The kind of story that reads like a diary or a movie. Things That Women Do is sure to leave you wanting more. *I received a complimentary copy from RABT Book Tours and the author in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.*
Maryrose Petrizzo
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Riveting

While all of Chadwick 's books are great, this one is the best. It drew me in from the start as we learn about each character and that powerful bond women have with mothers, sisters, and friends. It had it all; romance, murder mystery, and in depth characters. I highly recommend it.
Diane
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This one will stay with me

Wow. Such a complex but well written story within a story within a story filled with engaging and flawed people. This book has it all. Kudos to the author!
Mary Magnuson
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book. I could relate to all characters and it triggered all emotions. I liked it so much I’m going to suggest my book club read it.
Nony
Dec 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
We do have problems and circumstances where we aren't able to deal with anything but strong is the one who is able to deal with these circumstances confidently. Once we get some support or get to know how other people are also dealing we get more confidence and deal with those problems more accurately and dont fall apart.
Anna the main lead of the story receives a letter from her Aunt Lydia to whom she has never even talked to visit her on her farm in Tennessee where she lives with her friends Ch
Abhijeet Patil
Apr 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
🅸🅽🆂🅸🅶🅷🆃🆂

Anna receives a letter from her aunt whom she have never seen or talked to, only heard of. The letter has an invitation to visit her aunt in Tennessee.
Aunt Lydia lives in farm with three more friends, Chloe, Sadie and Tasha. Anna visits her aunt Lydia to know more about her and spent some time with her. But as the time goes, she finds more secrets of her aunt and her friends which are connected to her own past.

🆁🅴🆅🅸🅴🆆

As Anna visits her aunt Lydia in Tennessee, she starts connecting with t
P.J.
Jul 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Anna receives a letter from her aunt Lydia, who she has often heard her aunts talking negatively about as she was growing up, asking her to come visit so she could give her something and tell a story to go with it. She's just broken up with her fiancee, who is now marrying her ex-best friend, so she decides to go. It took me a chapter or so to actually get into the book, but I liked the stories from the past being woven into the present so that you were able to find out what happened with the si ...more
paiges_prologue
Jun 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lies, murder, secrets, love affairs. All within a small eastern Tennessee town, the things that women do for both love and loss captures readers as if you are reading a private journal.
Spanning over multiple decades, the lives of four women are intertwined by love, tragedy, heart-ships, and triumphs. Caretaker and female empowerer, Lydia, is the marker to which the women have ultimately settled with. A last minute visit to the now 70 year old women by a long lost niece shifts their worlds. At
Susan Ward
Dec 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Things That Women Do is a fast-paced and well-written story about sisters, mothers, children, and close friends - and the things that women do to make themselves happy and whole. Written from multiple points of view over several decades, these strong women shift each others' tectonic plates in ways small and large. Several mysteries are unraveled in the process, with many surprising dramatic moments. I've known women like this and the backdrop is familiar, but I've never read a story like this. ...more
Tara Sizemore
Jul 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I was drawn in immediately with all of the characters and trying to figure out all of the different relationships between everyone. There were so many secrets and twists that I was not expecting and could not put it down! I would highly recommend this book and will be checking out some of her other work.
Janie Jessee
Apr 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"Things That Women Do" is certainly a page turner. Every secret and reveal kept my eyes wide and held my focus. This was such a satisfying read, and it definitely ran the gamut of emotions, from love and heartbreak to guilt and redemption. ...more
Jan-Carol Publishing
Jan 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
"Things That Women Do" is an absolute page turner. Chadwick weaves an inescapable story — one that will remain with readers long after the last page is finished. ...more
Jackie Denney Langille
Jared Wheelock
Jan 19, 2020

• White Rose, Black Forest
  • The Suffering
  • Dark Awakening (Cascade Saga Book 2)
  • A Knife's Edge
  • Edward the Egg: Coloring Tales of Adventure
  • The Tail of Max the Mindless Dog: A Children's Book on Mindfulness
  • The Dark Archer
  • Beasts of the Night
  • MOON PEOPLE: THE JOURNALS OF LORDIAH
  • Guardian of Angel
  • Ales, Agents, and Alchemy (Murder by Alchemy, #1)
  • Father of Contention
  • Unforgettable Nights (Unforgettable Series #2)
  • Bulletproof
  • The Broken
  • The Lost Throne (The Kingdom Within, #2)
  • Zandra: My Daughter, Diabetes, and Lessons in Love
  • Dear You, Young Girl
Cynn Chadwick was born and raised in New Jersey but has lived in the South for over twenty years. Earning both an MA in literature and an MFA in fiction at Goddard College in Vermont, Chadwick is currently a lecturer in the Creative Writing Program at the University of North Carolina at Asheville. Prior to earning her degrees, she worked for one of the first women in the United States to become a ...more

News & Interviews