Start by marking “Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4)” as Want to Read:
Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4)

Shelf Awareness

(Green Valley Library #4)

After catching her husband in a compromising position, the last thing that Finley Granger wants is to enter the insanity that is the dating world. She’s dealing with enough upheaval: she’s quit her job as a journalist in Atlanta to start over as a librarian in the backwoods town of Green Valley, Tennessee. But her grandmother has other ideas. When GramBea teams up with her ...more
Published November 19th 2019 by Smartypants Romance

To ask other readers questions about Shelf Awareness, please sign up.
Stacy Knox They are connected but you can read these as standalone and be fine. Although, I recommend reading them all. They’re fantastic!!
…more
(less)

Start your review of Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4)
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

It was after watching one of my favorites, Waiting to Exhale, that I had a breakthrough. Sure, one might say rounding up your husband’s clothes to cut the crotches out of them was more of a breakdown than a breakthrough, but I didn’t care. I had a purpose.

“GramBea, while I might have an English degree, I’m a journalist and an editor, not a librarian.” In my mind, I couldn’t imagine a more depressing prospect. Nothing screams spinster like a librarian. I could literally feel my va
Syndi
Oct 11, 2020 rated it liked it
This is the book for all the nerd out there going on a date. Dinner, costume date, tent date. I do enjoy a nerd romance before and enjoyed it. However in the hand of Miss Ashley, this book is bit boring for me. Too much talking, conversation that I think has nothing to do with the story. I do like Zeke. He is a sweet dork although he is a very alpha male. I think I will enjoy his company when I am stuck in the library.

Finley is fearless woman. She get back at her feet after her separation from
M.E. Carter
I'm done. It's all over. I've read all the SPU books. WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH MY LIFE NOW?!?!?
Kat
Sep 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-1
After Finley catches her husband cheating with her personal trainer (ouch!) she decides to move in with her grandmother and great aunts in Green Valley and start over as a librarian. Of course she runs into Zeke, from Seattle, who is working as an IT specialist at the library and they have a steamy relationship. This one was lots of fun as Finley finds her passion for life again!

Please excuse typos/name misspellings. Entered on screen reader.
Kim
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 4-5-stars
Finley thought her life in Atlanta was going well with her Chief Editor job, husband, and plans to have kids...until it all imploded in an instant. Totally blindsided, she flees to her GramBea's house in the small town, Green Valley, Tennessee. Now she is living with three senior ladies including her Great Aunt Dot and their friend, Estelle and working in the town library. A big life change, but also a wake-up call to who she had let herself become.

She never expected to meet a tall, dar
Shauna Leslie
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was Fantastic. I absolutely loved all of the characters Katie places in the book. Finely’s strength and ability to find herself was very well written without being over the top or allowing her to wallow in self pity over her situation. Zeke’s character was nothing short of a true gentleman. Let’s not fall short of Fineley’s grandma and her crew. A total riot these older ladies were. This book had all the elements, heartbreak, anger, love and best of all a ton of humor.
Cassandra Martin
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book had me laughing out loud so many times!

'"Life is too short, and too precious to dick around and not go after what you want." I snorted, "That should be embroidered on a throw pillow"'

Finely and Zeke find each other when they are both at a transition in their lives. Finely is going through a divorce with her cheating ex, and Zeke is on the search for his birth parents.

Zeke is a handsome IT professional, Cosplaying nerd, and he OWNS it! Finely's Grandmother, her grand-Aunt, and godmot
Lara
Nov 16, 2019 rated it did not like it
Obviously, I'm in the minority on this one. But this book didn't work for me on many levels.

I didn't like Finley, who seemed pretty scatterbrained for a supposed "investigative journalist". There was no evidence of a methodical researcher, which she would have needed in her previous occupation. She's just plain nosy. She also had a lot of prejudices about people, judging them solely on appearances. (Saying that someone can't be good-looking and nice, that they must be harboring a secret? What ki
Sheena ☆ Oh, the Sheenanigans!

It wasn't completely terrible and I did like how the author included a diverse lead hero but nevertheless it was still mediocre at best and I wasn't completely won over. With that being said, I'm not sure if it's just me or not but the smartypants romances just weren't cutting it and it's become more than a struggle to find anything remotely likable about them. Is it just me or…?
Annan Tiernan
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another fabulous Katie Ashley southern story. The relationship Finley has with her grandmother and friends is so enlightening and entertaining. Zeke and Finley together are terrific!!! Each of them has a story to tell...together they can take on the world!
Smartypants Romance
Aug 07, 2019 marked it as to-read

We are incredibly excited to announce the lovely and wonderful Katie Ashley Romance's book for Smartypants Romance! 'Shelf Awareness' is a full-length contemporary romantic comedy, can be read as a standalone, and is book #4 in the Green Valley Library series!

RELEASE DATE: November 19, 2019

Add to your shelf on Goodreads: http://bit.ly/2ZGlFAO

(HEADS UP: This book will have no Am
Caitlin Reads
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was hilarious! Finley moves into her grandmother’s house after she discovers her husband has been cheating on her. She quickly runs into Zeke who is in Green Valley to find his birth parents while working as an IT professional at the library. There is immediate chemistry between them but Finley is hesitant as she’s coming out of a marriage and romance is the last thing she thinks she needs. I loved Zeke! He was a hot nerd in the best possible way and he was proud of it. He was just a r ...more
Raelene Barns
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an awesome read, enjoy both Katie Ashley and Penny Reid, throw in a cross over characters and you have created a great book
Antonella
Feb 23, 2020 rated it liked it
interesting start!
overall, an okay sweet small-town romance
Heather Miller
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I recieved a copy of Shelf Awareness for an early review, and I am so thrilled to have been able to read this. While Finley's marriage has fallen apart (absolutely worst way possible too!) instead of staying around to mope or torture herself, she's quits her job in Atlanta and moves to a small (key word: SMALL) town in East Tennessee. While there, she is able to reinvent herself - new career and new love interest!

I thought the story with Zeke was great. It's not often that the hero is American I
Curlyhairlass19
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
4.5 stars!

This book was my first Katie Ashley book, and it was so delightfully good!! Right off the bat this story threw me for a loop for reasons I won’t divulge..ya just gotta read, and find out what! Love being in GreenValley of course, and as all the other SPR authors have done such an amazing job in bringing those Penny feels, Katie delivers awesomeness as well.

I fell in love with Zeke. He was just plum amazin’, and Perfect! I love that he was heavy into Cosplay, and such a sexy nerd. Lov
M.  [storme reads a lot]
Done with the series. This one didn’t have the same appeal as the others. I’m sad this is how the series ends when the other novels are so good. Finley and Zeke just don’t meet my standards for romance novels. And I hated the ending prologue. Here’s hoping the other series are good.
Kelly
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*rubs hands together* Okay. We're back in Green Valley--and the Green Valley Public Library, to be precise--where Finley retreats to her grandmother's house after finding out her husband is cheating on her. (As an aside, Finley is WAY chill about the entire situation. More so than I personally thought she should be, but I'm starting to think I'm a deeply vindictive person who longs to see cheats and liars get their just desserts in the most Cletus way possible.)

Needless to say, Finley isn't real
Carissa
I loved this one! I just loved how the whole story played out. A bit unexpected in some parts and it was funny too! Cute ending.

I received this book at my request and have voluntarily left this unbiased review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Angie Reed
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finely wanted to surprise her husband but she ended up the surprised one. Now she is back in Green Valley piecing her life back together she she meets Zeke. Sometimes when life closes a door it opens a much better one. I couldn’t put this book down!
lazybookconqueror
Nov 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelf Awareness is an interesting book about Finley, a woman that moves to Green Valley after finding her husband in a compromising position with her personal trainer. What I really liked about this book was Finley's relationship with her grandmother and her friends. They all end up in this big house that is almost a Golden Girls sorority, and it's delightful to read about GramBea, Dot, and their best friend, Estelle. However, that's as far as I could connect with Shelf Awareness.

Having read St
Wendy ⏃: ✦Cheeky Chicks Blogger✦
4 STARS!

Shelf Awareness by Katie Ashley is a part of Penny Reid's SmartyPants Romance World and book 4 in the Green Valley Library series.

Finley and Zeke find each other after both overcoming some hurdles in their respective lives. The small town of Green Valley, Tennessee brings them together.

This sweet romance was packed with laughs, sexy moments, and great life lessons that will touch your heart. The story also shared the powerful bond between Finley and her grandmother Beatrice, her great-au
Anna lost in stories *A*
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, arc
I voluntarily reviewed an early copy of this book :) this is technically the fourth book in the Green Valley library series, which is part of a much bigger Pennyverse, that I will explain in a moment, but it works perfectly well as a standalone, so even if you are brand new to this author or world, you can easily pick it up and enjoy :) you get all the necessary informations about the main couple in this story, and even though there are definitely interesting appearances from other people who al ...more
Chelé-----4 The Love of Books
This was my first Katie Ashley book and that's been one of my favorite parts about reading some of the smarty pants romance books, getting to read new to me authors!

Can you imagine working with a personal trainer for months, getting all dolled up and sexy to surprise your husband for a night he won't forget only to come home and walk in on something devastating and shocking! Betrayal at the highest level AND there's a twist to this deception that had my jaw hitting my kindle! Fuck you Grant!

So
Michele McMullen
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Katie has taken us back to Green Valley for a fabulously southern romance ! Finley & Zeke are sweet, swooning and sexy.
Finely has returned to recharge following a cheating husband put an end to her marriage. She has taken up residence with her grandmother and has been keeping to herself to regroup and figure out what she wants. Zeke and Finely meet of course at the library and begin a friendship that neither one was expecting. Zeke is sweet and swoon worthy he soon realizes the reason that Fine
Fiona
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finley leaves Atlanta still reeling from the demise of her marriage. She goes to Green Valley to stay with her grandmother, godmother, and aunt. She is reluctant to jump into dating again but her family has other ideas. She meets Zeke, who is on a sabbatical in Green Valley and her curiosity is piqued. This story is funny, sweet, and sexy. I love the chemistry between Finley and Zeke, but I equally love Finley’s rapport with her loving but interfering family. I really enjoyed this book…it is wel ...more
Jenny - Book Sojourner
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku, romance, read-in-2020
Loved Finley and Zeke.
Kahea
***4 Stars***

This was a fun, quick read that was low on drama and angst and filled with some laugh out loud moments as well as some swoon worthy ones that had me melting and a cast of characters that definitely made things all kinds of interesting.

I loved Finley and Zeke. Finley is sweet, sassy and though she’s had her world flipped upside down, she slowly works through it all (with a little help here and there) and comes out stronger for it in the end. Zeke was a surprise and a very pleasan
Lori
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finley and Zeke

I really enjoyed this book! Finley has put some time and effort into improving herself, in part to help her marriage. Then she catches her husband cheating on her and her life is turned upside down. She leaves the big city and moves to the small town of Green Valley to stay with her grandmother. At her new job at the library she meets Zeke. Zeke is spending sometime away from his home and meets Finley while volunteering at the library.

Zeke is not who Finley expects him to be. He
Katie Ashley
Oct 21, 2019 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
OMG! It's getting so close to the release of Shelf Awareness. If the reviews are true, you're going to laugh until you cry...or pee!
PREORDER TODAY!
Nook: https://bit.ly/33le8cX
Google Play: http://bit.ly/2Kkdx3W
Goodreads: http://bit.ly/2ZGlFAO

photo GVL04-3DAYS_zps6uomlxyt.jpg

• My Bare Lady (Scorned Women's Society, #1)
  • No Whisk No Reward (Donner Bakery, #2)
  • Beef Cake (Donner Baker, #3)
  • Stud Muffin (Donner Bakery, #1)
  • Batter of Wits (Donner Bakery, #5)
  • The Treble With Men (Scorned Women's Society, #2)
  • Sticking to the Script (Cipher Office #2)
  • Weight Expectations (Cipher Office, #1)
  • Stranger Ranger (Park Ranger, #2)
  • Happy Trail (Park Ranger, #1)
  • Cutie and the Beast (Cipher Office, #3)
  • Been There Done That (Leffersbee, #1)
  • Baking Me Crazy (Donner Bakery #1)
  • Code of Honor (Cipher Security #2)
  • Code of Conduct (Cipher Security, #1)
  • Upsy Daisy
  • Engagement and Espionage (Solving for Pie: Cletus and Jenn Mysteries Series, #1)
  • Half Truths (Secret Society, #1)
Katie Ashley is a New York Times, USA Today, and Amazon Top Three Best-Selling author of both Indie and Traditionally published books. She's written rockers, bikers, manwhores with hearts of gold, New Adult, and Young Adult. She lives outside of Atlanta, Georgia with her daughter, Olivia, her rescue mutts, Belle and Elsa, and her two cats, Mama Kitty and Luna. She has a slight obsession with The G ...more

Green Valley Library (7 books)
  • Love in Due Time (Green Valley Library, #1)
  • Crime and Periodicals (Green Valley Library #2)
  • Prose Before Bros (Green Valley Library, #3)
  • Carpentry and Cocktails (Green Valley Library, #5)
  • Love in Deed (Green Valley Library #6)
  • Dewey Belong Together (Green Valley Library, #7)