Start by marking “Walk the Line: Gage (Hidden Oasis #1)” as Want to Read:
Walk the Line: Gage (Hidden Oasis #1)

Walk the Line: Gage (Hidden Oasis #1)

One call can make a difference.

Gage Walker never thought a call to a scene would change his life forever. That was until he met Claire Blake. In the blink of an eye everything changed.

Sparks flew instantly, but when the girlfriends and wives of his fellow brothers in blue became targets, Gage wanted nothing more than to protect her.

Even if that meant he had to give her up
124 pages

Start your review of Walk the Line: Gage (Hidden Oasis #1)
Melissa {I’m All Booked Up Reviews}
Walk the Line by Harlow Layne is just one storyline you will be able to read in the Risking Everything anthology (stories based on first responders) by various authors. It will be released in November and proceeds will be donated to the tunnels2towers foundation.

In this story you meet Gage Walker, who is a cop in Oasis (same town as Secret Admirer). He responds to an automotive accident where he aides in the rescue of Claire.

Harlow’s novella of Gage and Claire is a great introduction to Tate’s
Agata Jędrzejewska
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was beautiful love story. Her so attached to him, him so surprised he is as well. It take place in same town Secret Admirer is, and Gage do even mention the case with Bodhi and Coco. So much is happening in this town, so many crimes lately, luckily we have devoted cops on it, even if results are long to come. I loved twins connection with one another. But most of all I loved Claire and Gage’s connection. He wanted to protect her at any cost. It was very nice romance, and I certainly need to ...more
Kelly Russ
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Walk the Line gave me all the feels I look for in a book. I loved how fast sparks flew between Claire and Gage. Sometimes fast paced romance books are the best. Do yourself a favor and preorder this book. Not only does the money go to charity, Claire and Gage will steal your heart like they did mine.
QuinnReads
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I like the characters - Claire, Gage, Tate, and Manny especially. I love how Claire and Gage meet and the insta-lust. There are a couple of places where the pace / timeline of the story is questionable and the ending feels rushed.

Tara Lee
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful love story, steamy with a little drama that keeps you intrigued.
It gave me all the feels along with falling in love with Gage.

Gage and Claire are one hot couple and I loved the age difference, everything about this book just screams wow.
I wanted more, I loved how fast paced it was Gage and Claire had sparks from the start and I loved that.
Danielle Monteleone
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story gives you all the feels for men in uniform and the wives and girlfriends of those men. Gage and Claire had a connection from the beginning that was strong and one that makes you appreciate those men and women for so much more for their courage and how strong all have to be... I can't wait to read about Tate and get inside his head as a detective.

Erica
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's hard to believe in love at first sight but that's what happens in this story only I feel Gage doesn't realize it. He's never been serious about anything other than his work. The attraction to Clare is big though. A great story with all kinds of feelings! ...more
Rina's Reads
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Super short, extra steam with a cup of swoon - Gage and Claire will hook you in with their drama and Insta-lust. Fabulous read that refers to a previous Harlow book (not that you need to read it, just thought it was cool) and promises another.
Diana Mena
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book and am willingly giving my honest review.

This novella was really good! I wished for more Gage and Claire! I need Tates book yesterday for answers on things I can't say because I won't spoil! Haha! Don't worry, it's not a cliffhanger! Just read it, you'll love it!
Angel
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Layne writes such satisfying stories. Walk the Line is no different! I cannot wait for Tate's book! ...more
Wendy *cr8zysockbookblock*
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs

Oh my goodness,Y’ALL! I’m DONE!! Like put a fork in me. Done! Harlow never fails to deliver these perfectly delicious heroes and sassy yet sweet heroines. Every.Single.Time.

I’m talking, they capture my heart if not on the first page, within the first few. This time was no different. Gage Walker and Claire Blake took hold of me page one and didn’t let go.

Hot Cop, Gage Walker can arrest me any day of the week and twice on Sunday. I will resist, but only to make it mor
Amanda Davanzati
Oct 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I totally enjoyed this book by Harlow Layne! This books was mysterious as well as romantic! The couple in it, Gage and Claire are just adorable. They meet because of Claire being in an accident and Gage being the cop to respond. All while seeing their relationship develop, you get a look into the mysterious investigation involving someone assaulting cops’ significant others. The couple have to overcome some struggles while these assaults are happening.

I definitely recommend this book if you lik
Mary
Nov 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is interesting, amusing and romantic. The storyline is sweet and funny, but sometimes you don't know the timing, or it's confusing. It could use some polishing of the dialogue too. What I loved were all the characters. Gage is caring, gentle and a bit awkward. Claire is bubbly, tough and independent. Tate is mysterious and intriguing. It definitely is worth reading, and I can't wait to read the next book.
I received a complimentary copy of this book from the author. This is my honest and vol
Katy Battisti
I thought it was an okay read. It was a hot cop insta love story. The storyline was good, I liked the characters but then the author kept mixing up the characters names towards the end. That turned me off a bit.
Carla
Aug 07, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eh

Good premise but this book confused me. Loved the characters but the mixing of names and the awkward moments between everyone was different.
Lauren
Jul 12, 2021 rated it liked it

This is an instance where the whole insta love thing didn't work for me plot-wise. Everything seemed kind of strung together and disjointed. But the ideas are definitely there.
Dorothy Bircher
Aug 29, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gage & Claire

Gage is a sexy af cop & Claire is the damsel in distress!! This novella was cute, I wish it was a full book so we could get more of the background and relationship.
Aily Powell
Aug 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet novella

Gage saves Claire and there have slow start but so intense connection. I love that Claire is there for Gage and Vice verse.
Jovette Bossé
I absolutly loved it! A sweet and beautiful love story!😍🔥❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤🥰
Patti
Dec 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book! Intriguing storyline, well fleshed out characters, drama and just the right amount of romance. Always enjoy all the books by this author.
Alicia Andrews
Dec 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Harlow Layne did it again!
This story I had no clue as to what was coming or what to even expect.
I felt so many different emotions, had so many different thoughts and in the end I ABSOLUTELY loved every second of it!

Full Review-https://aliciasbookblog106921670.word...
Stephanie
Dec 12, 2021 rated it liked it
Amanda Baker
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Harlow Layne writes sweet, sexy alphas. She has a new novella coming out on November 5, 2019, featured in the Risking Everything anthology. This is a steamy first responders anthology. Walk the Line is about a sexy as sin cop named Gage Walker!

Gage is a gorgeous Henry Cavill look-alike, who will make your knees weak and make you swoon! Gage crosses paths with the weary but stunning Claire Blake and the rest is history. The energy that each of these characters possesses feeds right off the other
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Drama, steam and a hot cop. Sign me up! I DEVOURED this book. The moment I started reading the story I got sucked into the story and had to know what was going to happen next. Everything about this is completely addicting.

Claire was injured in an accident and found comfort in her rescuer, Gage. There was instant chemistry between the two of them. I loved that Gage felt the instant need to protect her no matter what. Gage is a little hesitant when it comes to Claire though, because the things he
Suzaan Jansen van Rensburg
Gage and Claire met when she was in a car accident. A very scared Claire did not want him to let go and he went with her to the hospital and stayed until he knew that she would be all right. He then offered to pick her up upon her release and circumstances led to him taking her home to stay with him while recuperating rather than at her own apartment. They shared a connection but will Gage trust himself and her enough to be vulnerable and open to a relationship? All the while wanting to protect ...more
Lauren Hutchinson
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. This short story was fantastic apart from being longer I couldn't ask for more in a book. I was desperate to read more of the story that I just couldn't stop reading and I was so disappointed when it ended. I could have happily read about them all day long. A fantastic story. ...more
Barbara
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ten very good stories in one place some Authors I have read and others are new to me. The story I am reviewing is Walk the Line by Harlow Layne which is Gage Walker and Claire Blake's story which held my interest until the end of the story. ...more
Thi
Nov 10, 2019 rated it liked it
This was an ok read. I didn’t like the way it was wrapped up in the end. Gage should have been more upfront with Claire.
PaB
Jun 16, 2021
Harlow Layne
Oct 01, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Molly
Nov 20, 2019
Amber
Dec 23, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Santa's Special Delivery (Sleeping with the Scrooge)
  • One of a Kind: Kind Brothers Book 1
  • Wicked (Wicked, #1-3)
  • Four Ranchers' Bride (Love by Numbers, #3)
  • Front Check (College Sports #3)
  • Five Mafia Captors' Virgin (Love by Numbers, #4)
  • Risking Everything: A Steamy Anthology of First Responders
  • Mall Santas
  • Baby's Daddy
  • Beauty and the Captor
  • Take Two
  • Firefighters Next Door (Temptation Next Door, #6)
  • Her Savior (Beauty and the Captor #2)
  • Every Other Memory
  • Her Dom (Beauty and the Captor #3)
  • Texting With the Enemy (Digital Dating #1)
  • Heard It in a Love Song
  • Long Lost: A Small Town Enemies-to-Lovers Romance
Harlow Layne is known for her contemporary romance style of beautiful slow-burn, sweet, sexy and swoon-worthy alphas, and fast pace, super-steamy romance in her Love is Blind series.

Stalk Harlow here:
➜ WEBSITE: https://harlowlayne.com/
➜ NEWSLETTER: https://harlowlayne.com/newsletter/
➜ FACEBOOK: https://bit.ly/HarlowEllaFB
➜ INSTAGRAM: https://bit.ly/Harlow_EllaIGtw
➜ TWITTER: https://bit.ly/harlow

News & Interviews

Science fiction and fantasy are the go-to genres for writers—and readers!—who like to explore the wilder borderlands of contemporary fiction....