Start by marking “Once Upon A Holiday” as Want to Read:
Once Upon A Holiday

Once Upon A Holiday

This holiday season, there’s more than gingerbread in the oven.

I was always a type-A kind of girl— and that’s exactly what got me into trouble with Sterling Ahren.

Having a baby before thirty didn’t work out, so I took some time off to sort out my life. Sterling’s my new landlord… and he doesn’t plan anything.

He’s a billionaire playboy who can’t stand the holidays. A recl
Published November 7th 2019 by Independently published

To ask other readers questions about Once Upon A Holiday, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Once Upon A Holiday

Start your review of Once Upon A Holiday
Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~
While I have previously read a couple of books from this author, I didn't read the two families whose books led to this interconnection. Once Upon a Holiday is a standalone novella. I did not have any trouble enjoying the book although I had no prior knowledge of their two families. I must add, though, that I am definitely intrigued enough to read those books.

June is an independent, successful business owner. She has a large, loving, but meddlesome family who she adores. Unfortunately, June feel
Claudia Burgoa
Oct 15, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Once Upon a Holiday is funny, touching, and delightful. This smoking hot billionaire holiday rom-com will make you feel the magic of Christmas.

One-click your copy today at the special release week price.

Amazon Universal

All Retailers

✔ Hot Billionaire playboy
✔ Fun quirky heroine
✔ Opposites attract
✔ Overprotective brothers (Spearman clan)
✔ And a partridge in a pear tree (maybe not this part)

300x300

Copy of Untitled (2)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Once Upon A Holiday is a stand alone novella by Claudia Burgoa. This is my very first book by Claudia. I can imagine how attached an author must get when she writes more than one book about a family. I can just imagine how thrilling it must feel to bring together TWO families she has written about into one beautiful Christmas story. The Spearmans meet the Aherns in this wonderful little holiday tale of love and the magic of Christmas.

Once Upon A Holiday by Claudia Y. Burgoa | Goodreads

June Spearman is thirty three years old. She has three older b
Thuy Taylor
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was such a delightful, charming holiday story. Juniper and Sterling meet one night, and while she doesn't recognize him(because he’s sorta famous), he is so enthralled by her. These two have this amazing night together which changes their lives forever. I love that they really and truly enjoyed each other's company, while their attraction is always there, the friendship and trust they start to build means so much in their budding relationship. It was fantastic to see this broody, don't ...more
Wendy *cr8zysockbookblock*
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs

Oh my goodness I loved this adorable story! Juniper “June” and the way she plots and plans out her life down to the finest detail. Lol
Spur of the moment hooking up with the hottie, she definitely makes no plans for anything like Sterling. He’s hot, and kinda cynical, but totally free spirited! That’s bound to be a good story right?!?!

Juniper “June” Spearman is sister to the Spearman men you may have read about in some of Claudia’s other books. If you haven’t no big, she
Carol
4 stars.
Holiday Romance/ Standalone Novella.

My first book by Claudia Burgoa.
She had me hooked from the start, it was a fast read.
Sweet and sexy romance with an unexpected pregnancy for a heroine that had been planning on having a baby by artificial means. (June and Sterling's story ) Fun and sweet!!!!

I just finished it this morning and I am already starting another book by this author called "Maybe Later" which involves June's brother Jackson.
TMR
Dec 19, 2020 rated it liked it
Note: I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I was honestly so excited for this book. I mean this was Sterling's book.

You know..the younger Ahern Brother. The artist. The rebel. The charming playboy.

I mean he had so much potential for his own story and I couldn't wait.

But after reading a few pages...I realized a couple of things.

Sterling was still the same. The gang barely shows up in this one. Sterling's love interest is a complete brat. The chemistry is forced.

This whole story i
Nadine Bookaholic
So here's the thing, I have been patiently waiting for Sterling's story for over a year, I first met him when he appeared in his brother Wes' story (The Chaotic Love Duet) now that's a long time and I have read a LOT of books since then but there was just something about Sterling that always had me wondering if he would ever get his HEA. Well, it's a Holiday Miracle because he got more than he ever dared hope for but once he met June he knew things would never be the same.

Juniper (June) Spearman
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
Sterling Ahern; the broody loner who steals your heart with a simple smirk finally met his match and boy did she turn his world upside down!

June and Sterling couldn’t be more opposite! She schedules and lives life trying to minimize any surprise that could arise! Sterling has no plans and takes life as it comes yet when they meet they throw caution to the wind and end up with more than either bargained for!

Junipers quick wit and no nonsense attitude keeps sterling on his toes! She challenges s
My Own Bookshelves
It's the most wonderful time of the year to be a romance reader! So many to choose from and binge. Here is the one you don't want to miss.

Fans of Ms. Burgoa's writing are going to love the fact we have the Spellmans and Aherns all in one book. But do you need to be a fan? Nope! Sterling and June's story completely stands alone. Warning if you've not read the others, be prepared to add more to your TBR.

Sterling and June are the perfect enemies to lovers but not really maybe more friends to love
BookAddict
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
They say life is what happens when we're busy making other plans, and boy oh boy, does planner extraordinaire, June Spearman, get smacked up side the head with a great big dose of life. In just one night her thirty-day plan is shot, as well as her carefully calculated plan to have a baby on her own. Just when she's decided to take a year and figure out her life, broody, grumpy billionaire artist, Sterling Ahern upends everything.

Mr. Live-in-the-moment never wanted a family. Not after the exampl
Erin Lewis
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Star Review of Once Upon A Holiday by Claudia Y Burgoa

What's not to love? It's the most magical time of the year and also happens to be my most favourite holiday. I love any story that is centred around Christmas; it’s a time for family and friends to get together and celebrate life.

All June Spearman wants is to have a baby and now that she os thirty three she feels the pressure.

Sterling Ahren is your typical hot, sexy, billionaire playboy, who happens to hate the holidays and has no plans
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
What a delightful holiday romp this was! Great banter. Great chemistry. Awesome family bothering everyone. This is my first read of this author--for some reason. Happy I picked this one up.

June and Sterling have an unforgettable one night stand. Circumstances bring them together again and then their hearts start to get tangled up in everything. Loved June's attitude on life and what a relationship should be. Loved that Sterling had no idea he could love until he met Juniper.

I would have been h
Kaitie
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holiday books are my favorite. Like my absolute favorite! And when I saw Ms. Burgoa was writing one, well I was done for! And add on more of the Spearman family and just I was done for! June, dang this woman is fierce and I love her. She is the definition of strong and capable. And she can go toe to toe with Sterling. And I love it. I just love the banter and camaraderie between these two!
Crista
3 1/2 stars!

This is a quick, fun, Christmas read. I will say that although it's marketed as a stand-alone romance, it didn't feel like it was. This is a book that is connected to many other books about these two families. There are books written about June's family and there are books written about Spencer's family. Had I known this, I don't think I would've spent the time reading this book. There were too many side stories and characters who I knew nothing about (but felt that I should).

I liked
Athena D.
Dec 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 STARS

Once Upon A Holiday by Claudia Y. Burgoa is an EPIC read that will join the ranks of the BIBLIO-ARISTOCRACY!!!
TheSassyNerdBlog
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Claudia is one of my auto one-click authors, I didn't want to pass up this book, even though I am not really into the whole Christmas themed romances. But maybe I should be? I seem to be liking them so far this year and I think it helped that I had read the other books that these characters were from.

Once Upon A Holiday was beautiful. As are all Claudia's books. This book brings two families, The Aherns, and the Spearman's together in a funny and steamy holiday novella. These two families are f
JudyAnnLovesBooks
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Claudia Burgoa where have you been hiding? How is it possible that this is my first read by you? I’m going to have to binge read through your books ASAP cause this book is a keeper. What a way to kick off the holiday season. Juniper (June) and Sterling hands down win the prize for the best meet cute ever. It’s love at first (meat) sight, when the two exchange words in the men’s washroom. And things can only get better from there.

June is a successful level headed business woman and the youngest
Janet Taggart Baldwin
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Let the Christmas Magic begin! Claudia has written another wonderful book, this one reminiscent of a Hallmark or Lifetime movie!

Juniper Spearman has decided to make some big changes in her life. No one knows the plans she has made, except her bestie and sister
-in-law But running into Sterling Ahern puts a wrench in all her hard work.

The chemistry these two have *sigh*. It was off the charts! The one and done wasn't going to work with them and when Sterling ends up being her land lord, well, tho
Maria
Dec 15, 2019 rated it liked it
When I first started reading it I really wanted to feel the Christmas spirit in my life and this somehow made me feel it, even though it's not really about that. It was a quick read that put me in a good mood and I really wanted to see more of June and Sterling's life but as I think more about it I can't help but feel this is somehow a wattpad book😂 That's the vibes I get.
It's nothing too complex and after a big reading slump this got me back into reading, not that its THAT amazing but it was an
Shelby
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2020
I'm fairly confused by all of these 5 star ratings...I feel like I read a different book than everyone else did. There were a lot of grammar errors and awkward sentences that needed some editing. The story itself seemed to drag on...and it's not a long book. I felt like there was too much time spent on the back and forth I-love-you-and-want-you/we-aren't-together-and-never-can-be stuff. The 2 main characters were never in the same page and then all of a sudden it's HEA. I didn't really care for ...more
it.sgottabethebooks
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh, it’s the most wonderful time of the year! Magic and miracles always happen during the Holidays. Claudia Burgoa delivers us a feel good holiday read that is worthy of a Hallmark Channel Holiday Movie. With the Ahren’s and Spearman’s, this book is surely gonna bring a smile to your face. Juniper brings out the best in Sterling as he opens his heart to her. If you are looking for a sweet, holiday read then this is for you.
Becca
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
REVIEW TO COME
Reading with 2 book lovers
This is a great holiday story.
Michel Reinhard (Saucy Southern Readers)

cropped-saucy.jpg
Once Upon A Holiday by Claudia Burgoa is the perfect holiday romance to begin the festive season. The devout fans of Claudia’s books are in for a holiday treat when two charismatic secondary characters from several books find love in Denver, CO over the holiday season. For those readers new to Claudia Burgoa, Once Upon A Holiday is the perfect introduction to her fantastic writing.

Junie Spearman has made a life altering decision. She is a strong independent woman with a successful career, a stri
ies
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, romance
June & Sterling, review bsk ^^
B. C. Booklover
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This soon to be released book by Claudia Burgoa is a sort of rude, cocky guy finds himself attracted to a strong, funny and different kind of woman romance. A big screw up starts them off annoyed, disgusted and on the absolutely wrong foot before they even set eyes on each other. June (Juniper Spearman) is about to change her life and all her careful planning keeps getting tossed out the window! She's the baby of the family and feels like the biggest failure...why can't she find the same happine ...more
Caroline F
Gah!! Totally adored this story!

"Sparks fly between us. Electricity flows in my bloodstream from the shock."

Juniper Spearman and Sterling Ahern meet under startling circumstances. June was embarrassed and Sterling was...cocky! LOL. Even though June tries to shake him off, Sterling is not willing to let such an intriguing woman out of his sight. When June throws caution to the wind to have one last fling before her life changes path for good, the consequencee are not part of her plan. They weren
Jennifer Scarn
Meh

This was mostly boring, had to skim. Just dragged. Then some issues a decent beta should catch. Like her brothers know this guy (literally own a house next to his that she’s been to) and he’s super famous but she’s in PR and has no idea? She manages high profile clients and has no idea who he is? Not plausible. He’s also a famous artist who gets mobbed everywhere by crazy fans, even on ski slopes, that’s hard to believe. A following, sure, but not these mobs who stalk him. Repeated mentions
Becky Rendon
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Better than a Hallmark movie! Once Upon A Holiday will have you falling in love this Christmas (or whenever you actually read it)! With an unforgettable meet cute and an irresistible chemistry, this one night stand may just be the best thing to ever happen.

Once Upon A Holiday is a sweet and feisty holiday season romance. This whirlwind starts just before Thanksgiving and gives us our Happily From Now On just in time for gifts being exchanged.

Now for the fangirling...

June is my sister from anot
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Bargain Basement: $100 Gift Card Giveaway 1 6 Nov 07, 2019 02:14PM
Goodreads Librari...: two book listings 2 12 Nov 07, 2019 04:43AM

• Landon & Shay: Part One (L&S Duet, #1)
  • Trying to Score (Hot Jocks, #3)
  • Single in Sitka (Odds-Are-Good, #1)
  • Before You
  • Venom (Rosewood Realm #1)
  • What's Your Sign? (Cupids #2)
  • The Boss Who Stole Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #1)
  • The Italian
  • The One Night Stand Before Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #3)
  • The Mighty Anchor (Rogue Academy, #3)
  • If You Give A Jerk A Gingerbread (Reindeer Falls, #2)
  • Holidate (Dating, #3)
  • Downfall (Kingdoms of Sin, #1)
  • Heartless Hero (Crowne Point #1)
  • Elijah Wolfe (Wolfe Brothers #1)
  • The Amendment (The Contract, #2)
  • Just Ten Seconds
  • Possessive Playboy (Cocky Suits Chicago, #2)
Claudia is an award-winning, USA Today bestselling author.
She writes alluring, thrilling stories about complicated women and the men who take their breath away.
She lives in Denver, Colorado with her husband and her youngest two children. She has a sweet Bichon, Macey, who thinks she's the ruler of the house. She's only partially right.
When Claudia is not writing, you can find her reading, knitti

News & Interviews