Start by marking “Waiting For You (The Spencer Family #1)” as Want to Read:
Waiting For You (The Spencer Family #1)

Waiting For You

(The Spencer Family #1)

Responsibility—that one word sums up Wade Spencer’s existence since his father’s death. Thrust into the role of head of the family, he’s keeping the farm running and his younger siblings in line. When a life-threatening illness attacks his momma, he readily steps in to support her. Sure would be nice to have someone by his side to help carry the load, but all that responsi ...more
Published January 7th 2020 by Dreamer Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Waiting For You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Waiting For You

Start your review of Waiting For You (The Spencer Family #1)
Susan Snodgrass
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
'That smothery feeling caused by family responsibility labored his every breath. He never asked to be his family's support.'

Andrea Boyd takes her readers back to the Spencer family she first introduced us to in Mistletoe Kiss.
I'm glad she did for they are a wonderful, salt of the earth family. Wade Spencer has always been the responsible one, the one who stepped up and took care of the family after his dad's early death. Now, his mother's been diagnosed with cancer and he steps up. Again. Will
Jaycee Weaver
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wade!!

What can I say, but how wonderful Wade Spencer is? He’s a
The epitome of a country boy hero—hard working, protective, honorable, and intentional. Dani, with all of her issues, manages to bring out all of Wade’s best qualities. As she begins to heal and see who she is to God, she can finally recognize who Wade just might be to her. This is my favorite Andrea Boyd book yet!
Rebecca
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
"Who am I to you?"

It was a question that "God had been asking (Dani Connor Sutherland) . . . for a while now. . . . Who was God to her? What defined their relationship?" What if the answer to that question would help settle her heart and mind about all of the changes facing her at the moment, what if it could redefine how she saw herself; into someone that was actually, finally, and always "good enough".

When Dani Connor moves back to Shiloh with her young daughter, at the request of he
Lori
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book y'all!! I just couldn't put it down!!
This is my first time meeting Wades family and I felt like fit right in!
I loved them right from the beginning especially Wade! He's my favorite. Why?
Because he's kind, caring and responsible.
It must be hard always being responsible and yes I can contest to that. I took care of my mom when her diabetes went downhill and she could no longer take care of herself.
I admired my mom because even though she was sick she held on to her job as long as she c
Anne
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nevertheless, Your will, not mine, Lord.

I had so many emotions floating around while reading Waiting for You. Boyd brings complicated family dynamics out in full force. Wade Spencer is a man after God’s own heart and lives as such. At almost 30, he lacks dating experience that some might find weird but I thought it was a nice touch. He’s a kind, compassionate man with a killer sense of humor. He had me laughing one minute and the next in tears with the way he took such loving care of his mom, Le
Pam Graber
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dani Connor got everything she thought she wanted when she married her high school boyfriend - a beautiful daughter, a beautiful, expensive home, and no more working her fingers to the bone on the family farm. When her husband begins to show his true colors, and dumps her like the trash his parents believe her to be, she takes her daughter back home to the farm, and finds the peace, solace and love her life has been lacking ever since her marriage.

Wade Spencer has been responsible for holding hi
MJSH
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve enjoyed all of Andrea Boyd’s books I’ve read so far but I think this may be my favorite to date. In this book, there is a whole lot more than romance between a humbled, once uppity girl returning to her small home town as a divorced single mother and her steadfast, strong, dependable farmer neighbor. The story addresses where and in whom we truly put our trust and identity, the value of firmly grounded and faith-filled family, difficulties of surviving cancer treatment, and the intricacies ...more
Love
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Heartfelt Romance

This is a outstanding and heartfelt romance with adorable and heartwarming characters that will steal your heart from the very beginning til the end.
Toni Shiloh
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Dani and Wade's story will have you swooning with the patient temperament that Wade has while pursuing Dani. You can't help but see the love and patience in which God pursues us.

*I received an ARC copy from the publisher. My review was not required nor influenced.
Yannick Tricia
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a beautiful story!
Dany grew up in a small town Shiloh with her grandparents in their farm.
She married Tate her high school boyfriend and quickly realized her mistakes, he was not the man of her dreams.
Tate's familly never accepted her. The relationship between Tate and her ended up in divorce and she came back to live with her grandparents and her daugther.

Wade Spencer never left Shiloh and he worked on the familly farm. After the death of his father he became the Head of the familly.
Wade a
Marylin
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story touched me in many ways. I have strong connections to the characters in this book and I look forward to reading all about the Spencer Family. Like this family, I come from a large family, unfortunately, my family doesn’t live nearby. I’ve always wanted that closeness, but we still have it in our hearts. The author brings out all the wonderful things about having family nearby, and yet there are also some problems with that too.
This story shows the love of a strong family and how they
Phyllis
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My favorite Andrea Boyd book so far!

Abandoned by both of her parents, Dani's perception of herself greatly throughout had suffered greatly, despite the love her grandmother showed her. It influenced her choices and actually led her to make a terrible mistake when she chose to get married. She was now living to regret it.

Even worse, this affected the way she viewed God and thought He viewed her. I loved the way she began to look at the many roles God played in her life beyond the role of Savior a
Velma
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet love story. I love how the author shows the characters as Christians who regularly talk to God about what is going on in their lives without the book seeming preachy. Prayer is just a part of the lives of the characters who turn to God in good times and hard times. A question the Lord asks of the female protagonist, Dani, is who God is to her. This led me to consider in my own walk with Christ and who He is to me.
Ebos Aifuobhokhan
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Dani, my whole life I've been waiting for you... for us."
That sentence brought instant tears to my eyes.

Dani had been through hell which ahd battered her self esteem. But the fact that she was still able to hold herself up and fight for Piper was her most admirable quality.

Wade! Sweet, sweet man! He just became my number 3 Christian fiction hero. He was carrying the weight of his family after his dad's sad passing and one would not blame him if he just wanted peace and less baggage until Dan
Ochegba
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My first introduction to this author and I loved it. Both of the main characters had to deal with insecurities and responsibilities placed on them by their circumstances. Dani suffered from being abandoned by her real parents and although she knew her grandparents loved her, she always wondered if things would have been different if she grew up with her parents
This definitely affected her later on and affected the way she viewed God that she had to heal to have a healthy perceptions of who God
Brenda
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a great story and a romance that any couple would want. How much more romantic could you get than Wade? He had patience with Dani and loved her little girl right from the start. He won me over for sure. I really felt for Dani and the life she had growing up and her bad marriage. She was so pushed down but Wade was such a great guy and she finally saw how she was supposed to be treated. I enjoyed this beautiful story and highly recommend this book and author.
I received an ebook from the aut
Sonnetta
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was such a great read. I liked the innocence Wade portrayed. His interactions with his family and Piper were too cute for words. I would recommend this book to other readers. I loved how and Boyd dealt with God and his relationship with the characters.

Some scenes could be triggers for people dealing with loss and illnesses.
Allyson Anthony
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was first introduced to the Spencer family in Mistletoe Kiss.
Dani Conner wanted more in life than to marry her neighbor Wade Spencer, who took over his family's farm after his father's death. She marries Tate Sutherland instead. When her marriage ends in a divorce, Dani moves back home with her 4 year old daughter Piper to her grandparents' farm and meets Wade again. Dani has some growing up to do.
The Spencer family rally around their mother when she is diagnosed with cancer. I am looking forw
Dana
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was very timely for me personally as I was going through health issues in my family. The characters reactions were very realistic and mirrored reactions from my family. Well written and realistic.
Andrea Boyd
Oct 23, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
The Spencer family first came into existence when I wrote Mistletoe Kiss. I hadn’t planned to write a series, but I absolutely fell in love with the family when I was writing Chase’s story!
I normally get to know the characters before I start writing. I already knew Wade from Mistletoe Kiss but that was only one half of the equation. What about his love interest? It is a romance after all. I hadn’t even named the female yet when the prologue came pouring out and Dani came to life.
I hope you enj
Ann
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is wonderful!! It is full of emotions and will keep you turning the pages. Once I started reading, I couldn't put it down. It's one of those books that you don't want it to end, but you have to know what happens next.
Paula Marie
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Can I just say I did not want this book to end...seriously...I could read about Dani and Wade for another month and be happy! I just adore the Spencer family and wish I could spend more time with them, hint hint, Andrea! Please do not let this story get by you!
Lucette Nel
Apr 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Favorite

This is my personal favorite by the author. She did such a wonderful job sharing Dani and Wade's story with the reader.
Karen Giles
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! The fact that it’s a Christian themed book fits naturally into the story. This author tells a story so that you feel you know the characters.
Mollie Cutchall
Feb 11, 2020
Louise
rated it it was ok
Jan 11, 2020

• Molly (Sewing in SoCal, #1)
  • The Trouble With Love (Faith & Fortune, #1)
  • Star Rising (Coastal Hearts #4)
  • The Way of the Brave (Global Search and Rescue, #1)
  • A Gift to Cherish (Road to Refuge #2)
  • Their Wander Canyon Wish
  • A Match for Emma (Mitchell's Crossroads, #3)
  • Stay with Me (A Misty River Romance, #1)
  • The Truth About Fame (Faith & Fortune, #2)
  • Start With Me
  • The Runaway Bride (The Bride Ships, #2)
  • The Dating Charade
  • The Fifth Avenue Story Society
  • On Wings of Devotion (The Codebreakers, #2)
  • Not Until Christmas Morning  (Hope Springs #5)
  • The Lost Lieutenant (Serendipity & Secrets, #1)
  • Small Town Girls Don't Marry Their Best Friends (Beaches of Trumanville #3)
  • Vying for the Viscount (Hearts on the Heath)
Note: If you are a reviewer who would like a free eBook copy of Securing Aisling, just ask for it! If you have a website and would like to give away an eBook copy of Securing Aisling, just ask for it!
I am just getting started and I'm really flying by the seat of my pants here, so if you have any ideas of how I can promote my book, feel free to contact me. Any help is appreciated.

I mainly read Chri