Start by marking “Morning Star (Broken Mercenaries, #3)” as Want to Read:
Morning Star (Broken Mercenaries, #3)

Morning Star

(Broken Mercenaries #3)

DALTON

Our sins are written in blood, and only blood can atone for what weve done.

Retribution comes in unexpected forms. Mine has amber eyes. Golden hair. A smile that could kill. She was mine the minute I dragged her down to hell, and now were both paying the price.

I tried to save her and failed.

GRACE

Rumors call him the Morning Star. My father only called him the devil.

The
Published January 13th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Morning Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Morning Star

Start your review of Morning Star (Broken Mercenaries, #3)
Athena
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 STARS

I'm loving all of the characters in the Broken Mercenaries Series! They are all diverse in their personalities but they all fit somehow. Dalton and Grace have this sort of love to hate type of relationship that just works. Love. It. I'm enjoying the way the author has the main story and how it's filled with high energy and suspense, but also keeping us intrigued with a deeper story that involves all of the Broken Mercenaries.

I highly recommend reading this EPIC book and be sure to
Jillian_J
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
S. Massery is a brilliant author, who gifts us with amazing action packed, hot as hell stories!

Going in I knew that I was going to love this book. I have been patiently (sort of) waiting for Daltons story.

Dalton is the silent but deadly man in the room. With all of his training he is ready for anything, except for the one thing. Love.

Grace, is absolutely my favorite heroine!!! Her strength, beauty, and rebound is remarkable.

Bring these two characters together and not only do you have an off
Amy
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Holy moly! I am enraptured with this series. I have a thing for broody, alpha, assholes.. this book definitely meets that criteria. I also loved that Grace didnt back down and gave as good as she got! I cant wait to read more!! ...more
Amber
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
This story... Wow!
I am left with a book hangover.
I love this story so much!
This entire series is incredible!
With each page, this story has you on the edge of your seat.
There's so much I want to say but I will not give spoilers.
So, I'll say this... The tension, the action, the surprises... I highly recommend this series and this book. S.Massery is truly amazing.
Erica Gilbert
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness! Morning Star was fantastic! I could not put this book down. I read this book in a day or so, but I would have had it done sooner if I didnt have to adult. S. Massery brings us back to the mafia world in a different state and a different mafia family! There was action, suspense, and hot romance! Honestly, I could read about Dalton and Grace all day, every day. Dalton is such a fascinating character and I feel like so many of my questions about him were answered in Morning Star.

Rosa Pulido
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.2
Rebecca Austin
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-sassy
This is another great book in the series and I love it!

Grace was a little different from our other characters as she really had no idea how much her character was in danger and why. She still believed that her dad had so much power and could protect her. I loved that she was independent and wanted nothing to do with her dads lifestyle at all. Yet she found herself being controlled by Javier and Marco with what they wanted for her future.

Dalton was such an awesome character and I loved how he
Sassy Southern
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Grace Jones is the daughter of Sal, a mob enforcer who works for Javier Argento but when she is almost sold into human trafficking she is saved by a mysterious man. Now she finds herself going to be married off to Javiers son, Marco, a man she hates more than anything.
Dalton Kavanaugh was once a member of Scorpion Industries but after he rescues Grace he leaves town knowing the mob will put a hit on him for ruining their plans. Yet there is something about Grace that Dalton cant stay away from
Sharon
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in the Broken Mercenaries series and I would guess that there will be at least 5 books (maybe 6) in the series each featuring one of the guys introduced in the first books. I was drawn in from the start and the fast-paced action and suspense elements kept me turning the pages.

This is an amazing addition to the series and although I would definitely say this could be read as a stand-alone as this focuses on a new couple, of course it would be best to read in order to not
Kylie
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My man

S. Massery brings us another delicious book of deceit and sabotage, with a whole lot of angst and WTF moments.

Grace is the daughter of a mob boss enforcer, and she is put in a no-win situation. Along comes Dalton to save her... or does he just complicate matters and make everything more difficult?

S. Massery is a master of the bad boy/pain in the ass kind of asshole, and I love every second of it.

I have to admit though, I wanted Dalton to get his head back in the game, because he was
Sarah Pie
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the book I've been waiting for. I've been wanting Dalton's book since Blood Sky released and S Massery knocked it out of the park.

Morning Star is a tantalizing page turner. I loved Dalton even more after reading Morning Star. And Grace, I freaking love her! She's so perfect for Dalton.
Chrissy Busick
First, have you met Dalton Kavanaugh????? He is an A$$hole with a capital A. But he the type of character that even when he is a supporting character you can't help but love. After reading Blood Sky and Angel of Death I have been anxiously awaiting Dalton's story. S. Massery blew this one out of the water. Talk about a home run here.

Dalton may be an a$$hole, but he has more than met his match with Grace. She puts him in his place on more than one occasion. Grace is just as amazing of a character
Erin Figueiredo
Intense and Thrilling!

WOW! This was one intense roller coaster ride of action, suspense, intrigue, murder and mayhem. It will keep you on the edge of your seat with anticipation of what will happen next. So many twists and turns that will keep you highly entertained. Utterly thrilling to the end!

Grace and Dalton are fierce and powerful characters. They both have damaged pasts that make it hard to see beyond. Together they have an intense love/hate relationship that grows in leaps and bounds as
Mom Seeks Smut
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
This series!! Gah!! S. Massery is just killing this mafia romance storyline. But, by far Dalton and Grace have been my favorite. Its this hate/love romance. Its so firey and pulse pounding!!

Dalton has been so brutey and dominant. I was excited to finally get his story! His storyline filled in so well and just made him my favorite hero in this series. Grace is so broken but strong. Together they created this heated romance that tore thru the pages!
Dana
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shew! Talk about a roller coaster! I was first introduced to Ms. Massery's writing when I downloaded Blood Sky and I knew then that I was going to be invested in this series.

I was sucked into Dalton and Grace's story and the ride was intense! I'm ready for more in this series.
Anelise
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
The merry band of mercenaries are back. Dalton is hired for a job by the Argento Family to help provide security when he realizes they are dealing with sketchy matters even he refuses to help with. During all that he meets Grace Jones, daughter of the enforcer of the Argento Family. That moment sends Dalton and Graces lives in a new trajectory. Dalton is trying to atone for his sins and is drawn to help Grace and Grace loathes Morning Star and the mess hes left her to live with. In a turn of ...more
Pamela
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Seriously love this book/series so much. I love the character and the world the author has then living in. Read it!
Romaine Heart
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Dalton and Grace's story will send you on a whirlwind ride you don't want to get off of. Morning Star is an action packed adventure, murder, suspense and betrayal. Their story will suck you in.
Grace and Dalton were made for each other. Always butting heads. Sexual tension.
Grace is running from her forced fiancee. Marco wants power and to break Grace.
Morning Star saves her more than once. Together they are on a dangerous journey that could cost Dalton his life.
Elisha
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved the story of Dalton and how he meets Grace. They both are very hard headed and don't like to back down from a fight, so the two of them together can cause a lot of irritation and confrontation amongst each other and other people. But don't let that full you because there is a lot of sexual tension between the two of them as well that makes for a great book.
CK
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Just perfect! The combination of heart pounding suspense, passion and humor made this a perfect book! I so loved seeing the push and pull of Dalton and Grace! They are perfect for one another! And talk about a surprises that come along on their journey! Awesome job!!
Casey Pratt
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
S. Massery did it again!!! Ive been dying to read the next book in the Broken Mercenaries series. This is the third book and is Daltons story. Its packed full of steamy romance, excitement, suspense, and just plain awesomeness. This book, as well as Masserys others is so well written! She is truly an amazing story teller!! I promise you wont regret getting lost in this series!! ...more
it.sgottabethebooks
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the boys in this series. Each book can be read as a standalone but I recommend reading the series from book 1. It gives you a little more understanding of each character. Dalton is such a douche but I love it. Dalton and Grace are so good together. You will devour the book as I did because the author keeps you on the edge of your seat with all the suspense and action. Im looking forward to what S. Massery has in store for us with the Broken Mercenaries Series. ...more
Claire
Nov 01, 2019
Christina
Nov 09, 2019
S.
Nov 10, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Rebecca
Nov 13, 2019

• All the Lies (Lies & Truths Duet, #1)
  • Keeper
  • All the Truths (Lies & Truths Duet, #2)
  • Cruel Obsession (The Obsession Duet, #1)
  • Must Love Forever (A 425 Madison Novel, #11)
  • The Lies We Tell (The Four, #1)
  • The Sinful King (Naughty Royals, #1)
  • Beautifully Broken Pieces (Sutter Lake, #1)
  • Dirty Girls
  • Rules of Engagement
  • Wicked Saint (Sinners and Saints, #1)
  • Resurrection (The Sainthood - Boys of Lowell High #1)
  • Where the Little Birds Are
  • Stolen Lies (Truths and Lies, #2)
  • Code of Silence
  • Wait for Me
  • The Last Letter
  • Fighting for Rain (The Rain Trilogy, #2)
S. Massery is many things, and boring is not one of them. She strives to always keep busy, whether that be fostering dogs, editing websites, writing, or reading. She and her dog, Alice, frequently travel New England in search of prose-worthy scenery and hiking spots.

S. Massery grew up in Western Massachusetts. She received her Bachelors from Emmanuel College in Boston and has finally put her

Broken Mercenaries (4 books)
  • Blood Sky (Broken Mercenaries, #1)
  • Angel of Death (Broken Mercenaries, #2)
  • Sucker Punch (Broken Mercenaries, #4)

News & Interviews