Start by marking “Christmas at Frozen Falls” as Want to Read:
Christmas at Frozen Falls

Christmas at Frozen Falls

Sylvie Magnusson is going to be lonely this Christmas. Instead of jetting off for her honeymoon, she’s freezing at home in Cheshire. Guess that’s what happens when your fiancé dumps you a week before your wedding…

Sylvie’s best friend, Nari, plans a trip to see the Northern Lights and get Sylvie’s mojo back. But as their Lapland getaway approaches, Sylvie realises that Froz
Published September 4th 2019 by Hera

To ask other readers questions about Christmas at Frozen Falls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas at Frozen Falls

Start your review of Christmas at Frozen Falls
San
Apr 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
The main character, Sylvie, is heartbroken after her ex-fiance cancel their wedding. Even if it was 6 months ago it still hurts a lot and I’m not suprised with it at all. They were engagement for 10 years ans when Sylvie thought she would get her happy ending he just left her without any explanation.
Now at Christmas time Sylvie decides to cancel her dreamt honeymoon trip to Mauritius and go with her travel blogger friend Nari to Saariselkä which sounds like perfect place to celebrate Christmas.
Shalini
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The book was magical. It was amazing how a story set in the freezing cold land of Lapland could produce so much warmth that it brought a glow to my heart. A fun romance which showed me that everything happened at a definite time in this universe, even falling in love. And author Kiley Dunbar has proved it so beautifully with this book.

Sylvie was to marry Cole, he ditched her, a jerk. So the supposed honeymoon trip was with her best friend Nari to Lapland. And romance blossomed with an old colleg
Finitha Jose
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Less than hundred days to Christmas and the literary world is already abuzz with Christmas books. So if you are not yet in the festive spirit, this story will be the perfect start. Travel to Finnish Lapland, hug some cute huskies, see the Northern Lights and experience the magic of Christmas along with Sylvie and Nari.
Yes, yes, I know. It is not even winter, but what does it matter to a talented author. Off we go to the winter wonderland, all thanks to the beautiful writing of Kiley Dunbar. And
Lousbookstuff
Dec 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
For my full review and thoughts on the story, characters and ending completely spoiler free please visit my blog here

STORY ★★★★☆ So I read this book just before Christmas because I wanted something cosy to read in the run up to Christmas day. Now I desperately want to spend Christmas in Lapland! It isn't just a Christmas book though, this book just has a lovely, cosy, wintery feel to it. The cover drew me in more than anything and I am so glad that it did!

OVERALL ★★★★☆ I really liked it, this i
Rachel Gilbey
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's beginning to feel a bit like Christmas or at least Winter, and having read Christmas at Frozen Falls, I just want to pack my bags and spend Christmas this year in Lapland.

Ok in reality its a tiny bit too cold for my liking, so I'll probably spend it in a much warmer destination - but wow who wouldn't want to go husky sledding, take a sleigh ride with real reindeer and generally spend a few days at the place that we all know the real Santa lives!

This really is a bit of Christmas magic, see
Javier
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Do you know those books you read with a smile plastered on your face the whole time? Well, "Christmas at Frozen Falls" is one of them. After being dumped by her fiancé a week before her wedding, Sylvie plans to change her honeymoon destination for a trip to Lapland with her best friend Nari, to the town of Saariselkä, hometown of her first love, Stellan, who broke her heart 15 years before.

I've always wanted to visit Lapland on Christmas, but after reading this book I NEED to go there. Right no
Jo Shaw
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m rather partial to stories set in Scandinavia, and seeing the Northern Lights is right up there at the top of my very long bucket list, so this book was perfect for me from the outset. Add some gorgeous husky puppies and Christmas in Finnish Lapland and I am completely sold, and ready for the trip.

I loved Sylvie and her best friend Nari, so I became completely invested in them and their lives from the outset. I loved that while Sylvie reconnected with her ex-boyfriend Stellan, Nari had her ow
Melanie Mole
Jul 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
I liked this book so much that I literally read it from start to finish twice before reading any other books.
The descriptions are absolutely delicious. They made me want to climb right into the pages so that i could be stood there with the characters in the beautiful scenery. I know that it would be selfish to just turn up uninvited, but I so wanted to.
I haven't read a book before which is set in Finland for a lot of the story and will now look for more if they give me the feelings that this b
Anne
Shelves: kindle
I’m always a bit of a pushover for a Christmas read – but I think this might just be the first time I’ve found myself reading one in August. And it wasn’t just “a little bit Christmas” – this was a full-on Christmas experience, set (mostly) in Lapland, complete with decorations, roaring fires, reindeer and huskies, snow and ice and a rather delicious man in a Santa suit. But whoever it was that decided to publish this book so very early, I forgive you completely – this book was just sheer gorgeo ...more
Nicci
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Christmas at Frozen Falls is a sweet Christmas read about healing, friendship, and the one who got away.

Initially, I wasn't a fan of this book. It starts off months after the infamous 'dumping before the wedding' and even though I can understand Sylvie being devastated by the loss of the future she thought she'd have, I couldn't understand how she was still so broken when the evil-dumper, Cole, was a complete jackass and his mother sounds like the mother-in-law from the deepest darkest depths o
Cathy Ryan
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I reckon Sylvie had a lucky escape when Cole dumped her a week before their wedding. I’m not sure how she stuck with him during their ten year engagement, to be honest, especially given his behaviour and with what would have been the mother-in-law from hell. But still, Sylvie didn’t relish the prospect of a miserable Christmas alone instead of honeymooning in newly wedded bliss on Mauritius.

Unable to get a refund after leaving it until the last minute, best friend Nari saves the day with the ide
booksofallkinds
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I voluntarily reviewed this book from Netgalley.

I know for many it is too early to mention the 'C' word but the book on the blog today is more than just a festive story - it is a wonderful depiction of friendship, acceptance of the past, and strength to find happiness when things are not looking so great. Plus there is Christmas magic, beautiful settings, huskies, and hot chocolate to give you all the warm, fuzzy feelings as the evenings begin to get a little darker and chillier.

Sylvie does not
Lana لانا  (Bibliomedico)
Check Out My full Review On Bibliomedico : https://bibliomedico.wordpress.com/20...

First Of All , I must talk about the setting , This Beautiful Novel takes place in a Literally Magical Place , All I’ve been Thinking After reading it , (I Want To go there ) , Like seriously . In my country , the weather is still really hot , So this novel made me remember how amazing Winter could be . 😛

The Novel Is so WEll- researched and You can Notice That By the descriptions and the Things mentioned such as ,
Frenchorchidea
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just finished the book one minute ago and I just cannot wait to let you know how much I LOVED this book from first to last page! This book made me so emotional! I almost cried! I absolutely loved the storyline, loved the setting in Lapland, Finland (!!!! yes!) and loved the characters! This book is even more dear to my heart as I am half finnish and I miss Finland all year round when I am not there (I only visit in the summer). I felt like I was in Finland for a few hours thanks to Kiley Dunba ...more
Readsandeats
Jul 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book.
We follow Sylvie and Nari as they take a trip to Finnish Lapland for some days over Christmas. Thye go to a resort that is located somewhere near a town an ex boyfriend of Sylvie's lived, but she doesn't know if he is still there.
The descriptions of the setting and resort were well done, the husky pups sounded so delightful and all the things that the two characters experienced in terms of activities sounded so fun. I would love to see the Northern Lights and this se
Dawn LaRea  Jensen
Dec 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Just a fun easy read!
ReadingGirlReviews (Gina)
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Everybody knows I love RomComs, they are one of my guilty pleasures.  Everyone also knows I am a sucker for Christmas novels, they are another one of my guilty pleasures.  Could you imagine my absolute bliss when I saw that Kiley Dunbar was writing a Cozy Christmas Romcom and I had the opportunity to read and review it for a blog tour?   I can't believe you didn't hear me squeal in anticipation!  This is a Hallmark Channel lover's dream come true.

When Sylvie's fiancee cancels their wedding after
Elaine
What a lovely, festive read this proved to be - one to read whatever the season when you're looking for a heartwarming romance. It doesn't have a very romantic start as Sylvie Magnusson should be going off on honeymoon over the Christmas period but her fiancé called off the wedding just a week before he was due to put the ring on her finger. Initially she'd decided to make the most of their holiday plans but then can't face the honeymoon suite.

Instead, her best friend Nari manages to use her con
Karschtl
3,5 Stars

What a truly beautiful setting! Although I couldn't imagine living with so much darkness and even more with the freezing cold every day, it sounds lovely spending a Christmas holiday in Finnish Lapland.

No wonder that Sylvie is so smitten with the Frozen Falls resort, and its owner! He was her boyfriend 15 years ago, and broke her teenage heart (and she stresses that she was a teenager - 19 - back then every time she mentions it, which is quite often) by running away from her after she s
MoMo
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is more than a heart-warming story, I'd go as far as saying it had me over-heating on some pages. Kiley Dunbar whisks readers off to the Frozen Falls resort in Finnish Lapland and give us a perfect love story in a magical setting. Whilst reading on my cosy couch I could visualise the thick snow and felt like I was a spectator just out of view of the characters. I highly recommend this wonderfully upbeat tale of lovely characters - and puppies! I took a day out from Christmas preparations an ...more
Vikkie
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! Oh my goodness, I am so excited by this book. It is magical!
I have loved the plot of this book, Kiley engaged me from the very beginning and really pulled me into story. I honestly didn’t know what to predict might happen because I was so lost.
I love the characters in this book, every girl needs a best friend like Nari. I really felt for Sylvie, every little girl dreams of the day they get married. Kiley has created realistic and likeable characters which has enhanced how wonderful this bo
Bookbugworld
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it

Christmas at Frozen Falls is a cozy holiday read which will make you long to visit the Laplands for once in your life.

Read the complete review of the book in my blog : https://bookbugworld.com/review/chris...
Dedra ~ A Book Wanderer
3.75 stars rounded up!

Location, location, location! What makes this holiday romance so special is where it takes place. I was completely enamored with Finnish Lapland, a snowy, quiet place that transported me to what felt like the ends of the Earth.

Sylvie and her best friend Nari are off for a whirlwind trip over Christmas to a luxurious resort that just happens to be owned by Sylvie’s college ex-boyfriend, Stellan—the one that’s always left her wondering, “what if?”

Grab your hot cocoa or cide
Rachel
Jan 27, 2021 rated it really liked it
"Have you ever felt like it’s been ages since anyone put their hands on you? Adults don’t really touch, do they? I mean, we might hug a friend or something, but that’s always so brief—economical, even—and you queue up with people, and get squashed together in elevators, or some manspreader might press his thigh on yours on the train, but none of that is touch. What I mean is, when did anyone last make an actual concerted effort to reach out to you and just connect with you? That’s part of the sp ...more
Nov 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Romance under the aurora borealis

A gorgeous romance set amongst the amazing Northern Lights.
Finland/Lapland has always been high up on my bucket list,and this novel simply pushed it a few steps higher!

A mixture of naughty and nice, it's a perfect escape from the outside world, so grab a hot chocolate or a nice glass of mulled wine, sit by the fire with a slice of Christmas cake and disappear into the wintry world of the Frozen Falls.
Sheri Price
Dec 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful Winter Holiday Read

I love a good romantic comedy, especially one set around the holidays! Christmas at Frozen Falls was everything I expected and more. I started by reading a few chapters on a short-story app and fell in love with the story and characters that I immediately searched for the Kindle version and purchased it. The way Kiley Dunbar writes transports the reader into the story. Thank you for this singleton's escape!
Bethany
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved every single page of this book! It’s the perfect festive December read. I found it so easy to get lost in the world I was reading and smiled whilst reading every page. I loved the romance and I felt that we got to see the right amount of depth to the characters for the storyline. Right, now to try and book this kind of holiday...
Sarah Lee
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I do love a good Christmas read and Christmas at Frozen Falls by Kiley Dunbar is a really lovely Christmas read. Went for the most part in Finland, I really enjoyed the mix of Christmas and escapism. A great book to curl up with on a cold winters day. Good plot and great characters, with the right amount of Christmas thrown in too.
Krystyna Knight
Dec 24, 2020 rated it it was ok
Probably 2.5 stars. Festive chick lit - jilted bride Sylvie swaps her sunshine honeymoon for a Christmas break in Finnish Lapland with best friend Nari, where she happens to bump into her first love Stellan. Pleasant, easy reading but formulaic, entirely predictable plot and two-dimensional characters.
Kate Pitula
I enjoyed the book overall.
Sylvie's story with Stellan was enjoyable and cosy. However, I did not enjoy Nari's blogs. They came awkwardly. I wanted to skip them (I didn't, but realised at the end, that they do not bring anything extra to the story) to get back to Sylvie and Stellan.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Bluebell’s Christmas Magic
  • A Mistletoe Miracle
  • Christmas Lights and Snowball Fights
  • Coming Home to Glendale Hall (Glendale Hall, #1)
  • Snowflakes at the Little Christmas Tree Farm: A cosy and uplifting Christmas romance
  • Daisy's Christmas Gift Shop
  • A Christmas Kiss (Life on the Moors, #4)
  • Escape to Giddywell Grange
  • A Cosy Christmas in Cornwall
  • Christmas at Lock Keeper's Cottage
  • Snowflakes Over Bay Tree Terrace (Willowbury #2)
  • Snowed In At Snowflake B&B
  • Let It Snow
  • New Beginnings At Glendale Hall (Glendale Hall, #2)
  • Spring Flowers and April Showers (Little Bamton, #2)
  • Christmas Every Day