Start by marking “Haunted House Ghost (Braxton Campus Mysteries #5)” as Want to Read:
Haunted House Ghost (Braxton Campus Mysteries #5)

Haunted House Ghost

(Braxton Campus Mysteries #5)

It’s Halloween, and excitement is brewing in Braxton to carve jack-o’-lanterns, go on haunted hayrides, and race through the spooky corn maze at the Fall Festival.

Despite the former occupant’s warnings, Kellan renovates and moves into a mysterious old house. When a ruthless ghost promises retribution, our fearless professor turns to the eccentric town historian and an eeri

Paperback, Regular Print, 275 pages
Published October 1st 2019 by Next Chapter

To ask other readers questions about Haunted House Ghost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Haunted House Ghost

Start your review of Haunted House Ghost (Braxton Campus Mysteries #5)
James
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Since this is my own book, I'm not going to write a review. I'm using this space to let you know when there are discounts or marketing promotions, as well as share some thoughts on how the book came to be.

Haunted House Ghost is my seventh novel, also the fifth in the Braxton Campus Mysteries series. The series follows typical cozies in that it doesn't contain graphic violence, sexual content, or vulgar language; however, I've turned the genre upside down by focusing on a young male protagonist
Candace Robinson
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series is so much fun! And when I saw this title and this cover, I just knew it was going to be my favorite. I'm a huge Halloween fan and would seriously just like this holiday year round! Anyway, now that I'm going off course, let me get to my boy Kellan!

Kellan's life is full of so much drama and I love it! There's a ton of mystery to these stories, but what I like just as much is the family dynamic with the side characters. Kellan's such an awesome dad, and I've always wanted that bond he
Kathi Defranc
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Halloween In The Braxton Campus Is An Adventure With Friends,Ghosts And Criminals

Another fantastic adventure with all our friends who live and work in and around the Braxton Campus. The author continues to expand the lives of all characters, you can not help but feel of several as real friends!
Kellan's life is full of drama, comedy, and lots of love as he works hard teaching classes and trying to keep his daughter, Emma, safe and happy. He is really interested in the new sheriff, April, but i
LORI (Dollycas) CASWELL
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2019
Dollycas’s Thoughts

Kellan Ayrwick is staying in Braxton and has purchased the old Grey House. A big Victorian that is said to be haunted. Kellan doesn’t believe the rumors until some weird things start to happen as the crew finishes up renovations on the main floor. Kellan gets advice from a psychic and the town’s historian to learn more about the Grey’s family history. He finds himself a rich old mystery to delve into.

Braxton is also having a Halloween festival complete with haunted hayrides an
Shalini
"I went to the Land of Braxton
Met up with Kellan and Ulan
A cousin from Africa he was
Wanted to move to New house
But a ghost haunted that place
A skeleton was found in old library space
A confession, an attack on the side
A new murder too on the hayride
Who was the victim no one knew
The suspects were old but still new
Father and son were present
Ex and new, old and psychic were sent
A priest and his family were shaken
Kellan and April, their time was taken
A breakthrough occurred in Kellan's mind
He
Jacquie
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kellan Ayrwick has a new house, but it comes with a few surprises!

Kellan is busy renovating his new home–though pranksters keep vandalizing the space–planning the fall festival, and creating a stable life for his daughter and young cousin.

When a skeleton is found during the demolition of the Memorial library, the town speculates whether it is the long lost mistress of Kellan’s new home and Kellan wonders if he’s found his ghost.

A series of suspicious accidents sends Kellan on a search for the tr
Betty
I have read the previous books and found them clever and action packed. The 5th edition continues in the same vein. At first I had trouble getting into the story as the author introduced many new characters making the narrative difficult to read as you try orient yourself to connect all the characters. I felt the story was too busy at times. I forgot trying understand the characters, after I forgot the relationships and just read I had no problems.

Kellen Ayrwick agree to take a young cousin into
Melanie Mole
Jul 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
What do remodelling a house, The Fall Festival, Nana D's wonderful baking, threatening messages on your own basement door, being told that there are no such things as ghosts when you know very well that there are, a mafia princess, being back at Braxton, a venomous cad, Madame Zenya at St. Mary's and the Grey's all have to do with it?
Well. if you read this wonderfully written book by James J Cudney then you will find out.
As with his other books, here, James Cudney has written another classy cozy
Bernard Jan
The title says it best: you have a haunted house; you have a ghost. But you also have Halloween, the Fall Festival, a murder, a killer, and a 50-year-old skeleton. What more do we need to get intrigued and dive into this macabre story!

Haunted House Ghost is a cozy mystery novel finely dosed with excitement, expectation, curiosity, and humor. James J. Cudney has created a true holiday atmosphere and charismatic and funny characters we love more and more as the popular series develops. In the fift
Misifusa
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kellan is at it again, only this time author James Cudney steps into the paranormal and gives the mystery a Halloween scary vibe! It works amazingly! As I've written before, the main characters are fleshed out so that we feel as if we know them and the other characters whom Cudney brings in are well described by word and deed so we know who they are too. I love that type of book that makes you feel towards the characters and laugh or cry with them because they're like family now.

A word of warnin
Julie
Whoa! I think my head is still spinning from attempting to keep up with the sprawling cast of characters in HAUNTED HOUSE GHOST! I'm very grateful to Cudney for including a character list at the beginning of his book that I actually had to reference several times, but even that wasn't truly enough-- at one point I thought I had better start drawing family trees to try and understand everyone's intricate connection to one another! For me, the enormous amount of characters slowed the flow of the n ...more
Noriko
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cozy-mystery
Oh. My. Gosh.

Pardon my responses getting old and almost identical to my previous ones, but this is what this author’s books do to me especially when it ends with a cliffhanger.

HE DROPPED A BOMBSHELL AGAIN. He knowingly left us with a massive cliffhanger that makes our heart palpitating and leaves our mind galloping so fast.
At the time of writing this, I’m still reeling from the initial shock. I seem to need to take a long, deep, calming breath before proceeding any further, and I blame the au
Carla Johnson-Hicks
I thoroughly enjoy this series. Kellan Ayrwick is a great protagonist who constantly finds dead bodies and ends up helping to solve the mystery behind the murders. This is the fifth book in the series, and although you can read them as standalone stories, I recommend you read this one in order. There is a lot of character development that happens in each book as well as history that will help you to enjoy these books to the utmost.

As this is a Halloween story, this story has some paranormal adde
Amber Garabrandt
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fall is in the air and it's time for the annual Fall Festival!  Haunted hay rides, corn mazes, and a renowned psychic.  Kellen is roped into helping out with the festivities by his overbearing nana/mayor.

At the same time, he's helping his daughter cope with her no-longer-dead mother, his nephew integrate into school and life away from his elephant-saving father, and getting a fifty year old house habitable.  Strange things are going down with the construction crew, though.  Missing/ moved tools
Lisa Diaz Meyer
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
They say ghosts will haunt a house during renovations and that’s exactly what Kellan Ayrwick discovers after a series of strange happenings at his newly acquired home. But is it a ghost or is someone playing games with the heroic professor? After a skeleton in a library closet is unearthed, he is desperate to collect every clue he can. This marvelous mystery brought to us by James J. Cudney, is the latest in his Braxton mysteries. Picture fall, a college campus town and a slew of quirky, lovable ...more
Lghiggins
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
For readers who enjoy a complex mystery, I recommend Haunted House Ghost for a plot that is intricate and convoluted, but in the best possible way. Author James J. Cudney takes plot complexities to a whole new level with family relationships taking center stage as past and current marriages and paternity issues come to light when victim remains from cold murder cases are discovered.

Murder and intrigue play out in the setting of a haunted house that the main character Kellan is trying to restore
Karen Dowdall
A Book Review of Haunted House Ghost by James J. Cudney IV
James J. Cudney IV’s captivating mystery, The Haunted House Ghost is the 5th book in the Braxton Campus Mystery series. The novel itself is a marvel of intricacy, very much like a corn maze, with dead-end paths just when you think you know who the murderer is and it leaves you guessing, and you forge ahead as the Protagonist, Professor Kellan continues to forge ahead to unravel the 50 year old mystery. Beyond the mystery are unique person
Didi Oviatt
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Whew, I’m officially caught up on all the happenings at Wharton county! And, just in time for the next book in the series to be released. I’m also officially on the list of fans who would LOVE to see this series played out in a TV drama series. Talk about thought provoking and unguessable twists in each and every book. I’ve even found myself dreaming up what actors would play who’s parts. For me, that’s rare! One thing that I love about Braxton campus is that every single book is packed to the b ...more
Stanley McShane
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Although this is the fifth in the Braxton Campus Mysteries, Haunted House Ghost works fine as a standalone and this one is particularly unique.

April and Connor figure prominently again as the local detectives, with April becoming a romantic interest. Kellan has a large family unit, most notably Saraphina Danby, better known as Nana D and recently elected mayor, as well as daughter Emma. Kellan now functions as a college professor.

This entry to the series has Kellan finishing renovation of an old
Mary Deal
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Twisted Mysteries
A Ghost, Halloween Festival, and Secrets Long Buried Exposed

I’ve gone over the previous stories in this series while looking at the map included in this book and placed everyone and all the action in the various locations. The list of characters and how they relate in the story is a great idea too. The map and list of characters creates a great foundation.

As the story progresses, Cudney continues to build the personalities of his characters, their interactions among themselves, their lives, and
Balroop Singh
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I avoid the stories that haunt, ghosts have never been my favorite characters yet Haunted House Ghost beckoned me because I have been following Braxton Campus series that coruscate with delightful mysteries, well-crafted characters and witty dialogue. Spooky imagery sets the tone with a meticulous choice of words right in the beginning, easing a little as the book progresses.

The plot is so intertwined with present and past connections that you have to be alert all the time. A plethora of charac
Peter Adams
Aug 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Haunted House Ghost: Book 5 in the Braxton Campus Mysteries
by James J. Cudney
A review by Pete Adams

I love this series and Book 5 does not disappoint.

Ordinarily I would not pick up a Ghostie, Ghoulies book; it’s not my thing, but my trust in this accomplished author was rewarded with a brilliantly complex, whodidwhat and then whatwasdone and, if anything actually wasdone, whodunit?
I have read all the series so far and come to thoroughly enjoy the characters and how they react in this small Pennsy
Lisa Reynolds
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Haunted House Ghost: Death At The Fall Festival (2019) is the fifth book in author James J. Cudney’s Braxton Campus Mysteries series.

Previously I have read the first two books in this series but when I came to continuing with this series, I couldn’t help skipping ahead to this book with the season of Halloween that is in it but I plan to return to books three and four in the future.

In this outing, the protagonist of the series Kellan finds himself with a Halloween-themed mystery on his hands aft
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This season we are back with Kellan as he’s once again pulled in a million different directions what with parenting not only Emma but his cousin as well, along with teaching, other family obligations with Nana D, Violet, Eleanor, etc., and being co-chair of a Halloween/Fall Festival being held at Danby Landing, all while trying to complete fixing up his newold house so they can move in. But all is not smooth sailing for the Ayrwick family as strange things have been happening during the renovati ...more
Fee (Ebook Addicts)
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, read-in-2019
This may be the fifth book in the Braxton Campus Mysteries series, but I felt right at home with the characters from the beginning. The who's who at the start was very helpful indeed, since this book had a whole host of characters, I initially felt overwhelmed reading that but soon discovered the book would narrow them down and we would only dealing with a select few -phew!

Our main character Kellen has bought and is renovation the Old Grey House which just so happens to be haunted, or is it....?
Mae Clair
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my first Braxton Campus mystery. It was a delight discovering these characters—and there are many. When you join a series in progress, it’s easy to get lost, but not with the Braxton series. The author did an excellent job of establishing who was who, as well as explaining the relationships that connected all the people in this fabulous fictional setting.

College professor and amateur sleuth, Kellan, moves into an old house only to discover it may be haunted by ghosts of the past. Set dur
Diane Hernandez
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blog-tour
It’s Halloween and Professor Kellan is renovating his newly purchased rundown mansion in the Haunted House Ghost.

A current mystery and a historic one compete for Kellan and his potential girlfriend, Sheriff April’s attention. Between that, a Fall Festival, a ghost, home renovations, a psychic, and a skeleton, no wonder Kellan and April can’t even find the time to go out on a date!

Good thing there is a guide to Who’s Who in the front of the book. This book has the largest cast of any tale shorte
Myra Dutkiewicz
May 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice and spooky!

Halloween, a haunted house, a fifty year old murder linked to mysterious disappearances and hidden secrets. A very enjoyable spooky read!
Darinda
Mar 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The 5th book in the Braxton Campus mystery series by James J. Cudney. A cozy mystery series with interesting characters, family drama, and a charming setting. Delightful and entertaining.
Anne
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm a huge fan of Cudney's and of course love this series! Protagonist Kellen is moving into his new home that is rumored to be haunted and the first scene will scare you enough to compel you to finish. It's the same quirky family, featuring his sweet young daughter, feisty Nana D as well as the rest of his family and relatively new love interest, April. There are several murders and lots of characters, layers and layers of plot and history surrounding the house. Even though I recommend reading ...more

• Molded 4 Murder (Sophie Kimball Mystery #5)
  • Long Time Coming
  • A Field Guide to Homicide (Cat Latimer Mystery #6)
  • Through the Nethergate
  • Silent Knit, Deadly Knit (A Knit & Nibble Mystery #4)
  • The Museum of Desire (Alex Delaware, #35)
  • Sauvigone for Good (The Wine Trail Mysteries #4)
  • Fishnets in the Far East: A Dancer's Diary in Korea
  • Death Among Us: An Anthology of Murder Mystery Short Stories
  • Twisted Twenty-Six (Stephanie Plum, #26)
  • Coconut Layer Cake Murder (Hannah Swensen #25)
  • The Look-Alike
  • Annie Beaton's Year of Positive Thinking
  • Stamped Out (A Mail Carrier Cozy Mystery #1)
  • Tracking Game (Timber Creek K-9 Mystery #5)
  • Apple Cider Slaying (A Cider Shop Mystery #1)
  • Sketch
  • Ali Cross
James is my given name; most call me Jay. I grew up on Long Island and currently live in New York City, but I've traveled all across the US (and various parts of the world). After college, I began working in technology, program management, and business operations in the retail, sports, entertainment and media industries. Although I enjoyed my job, I began focusing on my passion in 2016: telling st ...more

Braxton Campus Mysteries (6 books)
  • Academic Curveball (Braxton Campus Mysteries #1)
  • Broken Heart Attack (Braxton Campus Mysteries #2)
  • Flower Power Trip (Braxton Campus Mysteries #3)
  • Mistaken Identity Crisis (Braxton Campus Mysteries #4)
  • Frozen Stiff Drink (Braxton Campus Mysteries #6)