Start by marking “Tranquility Falls (Miramar Bay #4)” as Want to Read:
Tranquility Falls

Davis Bunn

Tranquility Falls

(Miramar Bay #4)

From the internationally bestselling author of Moondust Lake comes an emotional and enriching novel of family, forgiveness, self-acceptance, and self-discovery . . .

When the darkness seems too hard to bear, there's only one thing left to do.

Six years ago, Daniel was a Los Angeles financial analyst who was too handsome for his own good. Too smart for his anchor job on the
Published March 31st 2020 by Kensington Publishing Corporation

To ask other readers questions about Tranquility Falls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tranquility Falls

Start your review of Tranquility Falls (Miramar Bay #4)
Kevin
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have mixed feelings about TRANQUILITY FALLS. On one hand it has the excellent writing readers have come to expect from Davis Bunn. By writing, I mean story premise and execution (grammar, structure, etc.). But then there's that pesky other hand. And that's why I'm only giving the book 4 stars, though 3.5 stars might be a better rating.

After years of reading books by Bunn that made me think deeply about the situations his characters found themselves in and the choices -- whether good or bad --
Margaret Nelson
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was excited to find out that Davis Bunn has a new book written in the Miramar Bay series. You do not need to read the others in the series first, although having done so will enhance your enjoyment of this book as you recognize characters from previous books.

Bunn once again has come up with a fast-moving plot and characters that quickly engage the readers interest and emotions. There are shenanigans in high places to be uncovered, wounded people to be encouraged and moved towards healing,
Terri Wangard
Mar 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Daniel is broken by his past, living a quiet life without risks to avoid falling back into addictions. Dramas erupt: his caustic sister dumps his niece on him; his AA mentors teen daughter wants to run away to LA and be a model; an attractive divorcee is framed for embezzlement. Daniel becomes a hero.

Tranquility Falls is much reminiscent of Bunns My Soul to Keep, with a fallen celebrity in AA dealing with the wreckage of his life. It is also reminiscent of Bunns All Through the Night, with a

Jill
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was ok
2 stars
Tranquility Falls by David Bunn
2 stars
I think this book was meant to be profound and thoughtful instead it was cliche and whiny. This is the 4th in a series but it is easily read as a stand-alone book. I really enjoyed the first 25 percent of the book, but after that, the author just tried entirely too hard to be deep and it just comes off as forced. I just cannot recommend this book.
I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher and NetGalley. The views given are my
Kathleen Gray
Mar 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yes this might read like a Hallmark movie but really- is that a bad thing? Daniel is finally healing after the tragic death of his fiancee and his own descent into alcohol when his niece Nicole shows up on his doorstep. She's filled with teenage angst, some of which is because she's just learned her dad is not her bio-dad. Then there's Stella, who becomes Daniel's love interest, and her daughter. There's some bad decisions, some good decisions, and generally a lot of forgiveness. Thanks to ...more
Kenny Sargent
Apr 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pulled me in at a deep level

I've really enjoyed all four stories about Miramar Bay, but this grabbed me even more than the other three in some ways. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Ellen White
Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
More of a YA story and the angst they go thru. Also a romance and self discovery when you lose someone and the road to recovery. He did a good job portraying this. Given Arc for my voluntary review and my honest opinion by Net Galley and Kensington
Candy
Jan 06, 2020 rated it liked it
There is lots of teen angst here, but Bunn does a nice job creating likeable characters working on recovery.
Steven Corell
Rebecca Looney
Mar 01, 2020

• Long Bright River
  • The Secrets of Paper and Ink
  • If She Dares (An Emerald City Romance #1.5)
  • Transgression (City of God, #1)
  • Claiming Canaan: Milcah's Journey (The Daughters of Zelophehad, #3)
  • Premonition (City of God, #2)
  • Starfish Pier (Hope Harbor #6)
  • Retribution (City of God, #3)
  • My Day at Disney: Stories from the Disney theme parks told by people just like you and me!
  • Take a Chance on Me (A Misty River Romance #0.5)
  • The Perfect Father: The True Story of Chris Watts, His All-American Family, and a Shocking Murder
  • Stay: Discovering Grace, Freedom, and Wholeness Where You Never Imagined Looking
  • The Blue Cloak (True Colors)
  • Mayhem: Unanswered Questions about the Tsarnaev Brothers, the Us Government and the Boston Marathon Bombing
  • Silent Shadows (Harbored Secrets #3)
  • Traces of Guilt (Evie Blackwell Cold Case, #1)
  • Four Seasons at the Gray Whale Inn: A Gray Whale Inn Cozy Mystery Story Collection (Gray Whale Inn Mysteries)
  • Field Trip Disaster (Secret Hero Society, #5)
Davis Bunn is an internationally-acclaimed author who has sold more than seven million books in twenty languages.

Honored with four Christy Awards for excellence in historical and suspense fiction, Davis was inducted into the Christy Hall of Fame in 2014.

His bestsellers include The Great Divide, Winner Take All, The Meeting Place, The Book of Hours, and The Quilt. A sought-after lecturer in the

Miramar Bay (4 books)
  • Miramar Bay (Miramar Bay #1)
  • Firefly Cove (Miramar Bay #2)
  • Moondust Lake (Miramar Bay, #3)

News & Interviews