Start by marking “Head Over Paws (Rescue Me, #5)” as Want to Read:
Head Over Paws (Rescue Me, #5)

Head Over Paws

(Rescue Me #5)

Olivia Graham has signed on as a volunteer rescue driver for the High Grove Animal Shelter. Her first task is to transport dogs and cats that've been misplaced by flooding, but her aging car breaks down on the way to get them.

She's picked up by veterinarian Gabe Wentworth, former EMT and firefighter, who's also heading to the rescue site. After a bad breakup, Gabe's
Paperback, 1st edition, 352 pages
Expected publication: April 28th 2020 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about Head Over Paws, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Head Over Paws

Start your review of Head Over Paws (Rescue Me, #5)
Robin Loves Reading
This cute story by Debbie Burns, the fifth book in the Rescue Me series, is a truly touching story. Olivia was on her way to transport a few dogs misplaced due to a storm to a rescue center. Gabe has also been called into action to get some dogs to a safe place during the dangerous flooding that Olivia is out in.

Gabe's dog Samson is now retired from the search-and-rescue work, but he takes Samson along with him. Samson might have aged out, but his bond with Gabe is undeniable. Olivia's car
Maria
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Received an Advance Reader Copy in exchange for a fair review
3.5 stars.
A heartwarming and sweet romance with two very relatable people, involving an animal shelter and two adorable, smart dogs.
I really liked the characters in Head Over Paws, by Debbie Burns (Sourcebooks, Casablanca), how theyre honest and open with each other and the way their instant attraction slowly developed into an interesting relationship and stronger and deeper feelings.
And how refreshing to have an educated hero, who
Nicola Short
Mar 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
A very sweet story with romance and as always, cuteness overload of dogs and cats. The main characters are Olivia and Gabe who meet during a dog rescue. There are heartbreaking and heartwarming moments throughout the story that will uplift you.
It was fun to read Morgans (the dog they rescued) POV throughout the story.
Thanks to NetGalley, the publisher and author for the opportunity to read and review this book for my honest review.
Leslie
Mar 31, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
I adored this book. It was a wonderful addition to the series, though could be read as a stand alone. The main characters are both recovering from broken hearts and not looking for anyone. They are actually actively not looking for love as they are still dealing with broken scarred hearts and or focused on their respective careers and animal rescue. Olivia is a school teacher who loves her work and is desperately looking for a permanent full time position while she is filling in for a teacher ...more
B.
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What could be sweeter than a couple bonding over their rescue dogs. Both Olivia and Gabe are good people who are building new lives for themselves. Hes a firefighter-turned-veterinarian and shes a middle-school math teacher. They meet while trying to help dogs abandoned by a flood. He heroically rescues a dog and she falls for both Gabe and the dog.

This was a very sweet romance.

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book that I received from Netgalley; however, the opinions are
Siran
Mar 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Debbie Burns creates a near perfect "book boyfriend" with veterinarian Gabe.

The story mostly revolves around Olivia and her work with the rescue shelter. While Gabe talks about how he decided to become a veterinarian, I expected him to be a little more of a broody character.

Throw in the recuse of a dog and you a very cute and enjoyable novel.
Kim Vanravenswaay
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you want a good cry and a lot of laughs then, Head Over Paws, is the book that you want to read. I was reading a very sad part while in a waiting room. I had a few looks my way as I was sniffling. I truly enjoyed reading this book and have been telling my friends and family about it.
Annmarie
Apr 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a cute dog gone book. Love the romance and Samson!! He made the book!!
Kristen
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a heartwarming story filled with emotion, chemistry, hopes, faith, wonderful characters, and delightful canines. Debbie Burns tells a wonderful story of love, romance, and compassion as we join Gabe and Olivia on their journey to throw off baggage of old relationships and move forward to a new beginning. I highly recommend it!
Ana Ramirez
Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
A heart warming story about trusting yourself. I really enjoyed the dogs life stories as well.
Serenechaosnyc
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I've read from Debbie Burns but after reading this, I bought the first two books of the series because I really wanted to read more. Debbie Burns mixes romance with an important message about caring and saving animals. I love that she even brings the dog's perspective into it which is really just heartwarming.

Head Over Paws follows Olivia and Gabe who volunteer to help rescue dogs. While Olivia is trying to get to a site to help transport some dogs, her car breaks down.
Tina Christopher
added it
Dec 06, 2019

• The Summer of Wishful Thinking
  • Dear Ava
  • Ninth House (Alex Stern, #1)
  • Captive (Small Town Secrets: Sins Book 2)
  • Home Sweet Home
  • Critical Doubt (Off The Grid: FBI #7)
  • The Sea Glass Cottage
  • Love Hard (Hard Play, #3)
  • The Summer Deal (Wildstone, #5)
  • Cottage at the Beach (The Off Season #1)
  • Well Met (Well Met, #1)
  • The Two-Date Rule (Smokejumper, #1)
  • Heartstopper: Volume One (Heartstopper, #1)
  • Cowboy for Hire (Wishing River, #2)
  • Worth the Wait
  • One Little Lie (The Pelican Harbor #1)
  • You Deserve Each Other
Though she still dreams of country life, Debbie Burns currently lives in a gingerbread house in Saint Louis along with her family, two phenomenal rescue dogs, and a somewhat tetchy Maine Coon cat who everyone loves anyway. Her hobbies include hiking, gardening, and daydreaming, which of course always leads to new story ideas.

Debbies writing commendations include a starred review from Publishers

Rescue Me (5 books)
  • A New Leash on Love (Rescue Me, #1)
  • Sit, Stay, Love (Rescue Me #2)
  • My Forever Home (Rescue Me #3)
  • Love at First Bark (Rescue Me, #4)

News & Interviews