Start by marking “Magical Mischief (Magic And Metaphysics Academy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Magical Mischief (Magic And Metaphysics Academy, #1)

Magical Mischief

(Magic And Metaphysics Academy #1)

The first day at a new academy is never easy, especially not for Lou.

Home-schooled until she was eighteen, she's now facing academy for the first time with no idea what to expect. With eccentric dorm mates, frenemies coming out of her ears, and the most popular guys in school showing interest in her, Lou starts to feel like she's in over her head.

Does she have what it ta
Published September 15th 2019 by Drowlgon Press

To ask other readers questions about Magical Mischief, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Magical Mischief

Start your review of Magical Mischief (Magic And Metaphysics Academy, #1)
Renée
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Magical Mischief - Magic And Metaphysics Academy #1 by Laura Greenwood & L.A. Boruff is a fabulous new series which follows Lou and her experience at the academy - which is a big change for someone who was previously homeschooled.

I love the different types of clicks at the academy as well, with Witches, Vampires, Shifters forming - Sparkles, Shifts, Elms, Greenies, The Beckys, Alts, and Chefs. But you’ll have to read the story to find out what each is and how they fit into the story.

There’s def
Jennifer G
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The hybrid daughter of a witch and vampire Lou has been shielded her entire life. Homeschooled until she was 18, her well-known zoomalogist parents are too busy to give her education the attention it needs, so she is being allowed to attend the prestigious Magic and Metaphysics Academy. Now she finds herself with two quirky dorm mates and shown attention by the most popular girls in the school, the Sparkles. Lou is powerful and advanced in many ways of magic but lacks basic skills that most were ...more
Christina Luberts
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a cute read and I think teens and young adults would love it. Its about a 2 hour read. We have Lou who has been homeschooled her whole life. Now that she is eighteen her parents have sent her to the Academy to learn more. She has great roommates, but there are other girls there that are popular. Of Course we have the cute popular guys too. Can Lou fit in? Who will she choose to be friends with her roommates or the popular girls? What about those three cute guys can she be with one of the ...more
Kristy
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lou has started at a new school to further her education after being homeschooled her whole life. Now she is navigating threw mean girls learning how to master her witch magic flirting with boys and trying to keep her Vampire half secret oh and get revenge on the leader of the sparkles.

Fun read i think Lou is very sweet but naive about how mean some people can be. There is some light romance
and the start of a revenge plot. And a cliffhanger.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout
Darcy Smith
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The storyline is fantastic. I just wish Lou had a bit more of a backbone and stood up to people instead of falling into line. Otherwise, was very well written and has fantastic characters. The personalities can be felt throughout the story. It is part of a series so ends in a cliffhanger. But, I can’t wait to read the next in the series. It is definitely worth reading and doesn’t disappoint.

April
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read

This is actually the first book that I have read from these authors and I loved it. I am excited to check out more.
liz
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow

This book grabs you right from the beginning and keeps you there till the end. I can’t wait to see what happens in the next book.
Phoebe
Kristen Walker
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was ok
Poor car on copy of Mean Girls with magic

It's almost word for word copied from the movie Mean Girls, but without the clever humor, memorable characters, or witty narration. Plus it tries to add weird magical politics on top that muddies the story and confuses things. Written very choppy with some conversations just ending abruptly or switching topics.

And it's way too short. Clearly the movie plot has been split into three books so nothing is resolved by the end. It ended only 75% of the way thr
Belinda Clemons
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really like Lou alot she is a vampire witch hybrid with nature as an affinity and the guys that will be apart of her Harem Brooks the Witch with nature as an affinity Jayse the Anaconda shifter and Francis the Vampire are so sweet. Magical Mischief is a really great book. Sadie and Madison i like but i dont like their leader Kristi.
Angela
May 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great short story

I really enjoyed reading the story of Lou starting at the academy. I wish it was a little longer. I ended up reading all 3 books innthis series in a day.
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ta’Naya
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the plot and characters but the book was short. I felt as if I read a prequel instead of the first book of a series. But it was a lot of fun and was full of drama like any full-size book would be. I feel like I need to read book 2 just to see what happens next. I need checkout more of these fantastic authors work! They rock!
Tanya
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
She has always been home schooled so she will have a lot of adjusting to do when she goes to the academy. She will have roommates, new teachers, new people to get to know. Even boys wanting to date her. How is she going to get on? Will she enjoy it? Will she get use to it? See how she gets on

Emily Pennington
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Lou has been homeschooled until she reached 18. The daughter of a witch and vampire, she was very powerful. But kept from interactions with others as she grew up, going to the Magic and Metaphysics Academy was a whole new experience and she had no idea what to expect. Regardless, she was glad that she was able to finally convince her parents to let her attend.

The Headmaster went over the rules, asked what she was interested in – plants – and recommended she join the “Greenies” club. Then he had
Douglas Williamson
Our heroine is enrolled in the magical academy and has her first introduction to cliques. Will she be able to handle her academic studies and school politics at the same time?

This is a young adult reverse harem paranormal fantasy story. Wow, that makes for a mouthful. If you have read any of the author's previous works, then this one is very similar in tone and style. The story is well written and easy to read. The world has a lot of depth to it and you almost feel overwhelmed in this first stor
Aimee Bower
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lou has been looking forward to go to Academy since she has been home schooled by her parents. She is wants the independence and the learning expirence that school will offer her. She meets with the headmaster of the school, he brings her roommates to school her the school. She is nervous to be meeting new people all of a sudden. They are respectful of each other, one of her room mates are more that what she says. They give her an idea of the groups at school.
They take her to her first class, th
Terri
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Magical Mischief Magic And Metaphysics Academy #1
By: Laura Greenwood & L.A. Boruff
5 Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

******** May Contain Some Spoilers ********
I will try my absolute best to keep spoilers to a minimum or completely out of my review. Sometimes it can be hard to do so.

Absolutely loved this story. Lou is the FMC (female main character) and she is a hybrid. Her roommates at the academy are Tyler and Estelle. Both of these ladies seem to be the kind I would hang out with. Now the Sparkles (chicks that t
Brianna Belbin
This was a really good start to the Magic & Metaphysics Academy series! Lou has been homeschooled and shelterd her whole life while her zoomagologist parents take her around the world for their work. Finally able to go to a real school and be around people her own age, she’s desperate to fit in and not commit social suicide- she changes and hides who she is completely to be part of the Sparkles. At first they seem nice and welcoming, but the leader’s true colors show soon enough which brings Lou ...more
Lexee Toste
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story. It is a slow build and a quick read. We get to meet Lou as she is entering the academy for the first time. She has been home schooled so everything about it is new and different. She has been taught by her parents and traveled with them as they went on research expeditions. She is out of element in interacting with other kids her age though, both male and female. Her roommates are pretty nice and she likes them but when she is noticed by the leader of the Sparkles (t ...more
Mareike
This book would be perfect for young adults who loved the movie 'mean girls'. The characters are quite young for their age, but a teenager reading the books wouldn't mind the age difference between themselves and the characters in the book.
A lot of the scenes reminded me of the movie 'mean girls' and I look forward to seeing how the series progress away from the movie and into the unknown with the next installment of the series.

Lovely writing, fun and light read and an entertaining piece of stor
Caroline Doig
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lou has been homeschooled all of her life by her parents who are a vampire and a witch she has never interacted with anyone of her age so now she is headed to the Magic and Metaphysics Academy and she’s excited and nervous not knowing what to expect. Lou meets her two roommates Estelle and Tyler they tell her who to stay away from especially Kristi who is in charge of the Sparkles a group who think they are better than everyone else and Lou meets 3 guys and their attraction goes both ways. One o ...more
Nina Campbell
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Magical Mischief by Laura Greenwood and L. A. Boruff is the first book in the Magical and Metaphysics Academy series. In this book, Lou a half witch and half vampire hybrid starts her education at the Magical and Metaphysics Academy and spends most of her time trying to get accustomed to her surroundings and the other students. Luckily she has two nice roommates who are willing to help her and several of the males students she has interacted with are very kind. Lou tries to fit in but soon disco ...more
Kaye
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!!
Fantabulous! This talented dynamic duo skillfully laid this baby out in all its delectable wonder. Emotions, personalities, attitudes and dynamics are 100% on point for realism. You feel as if you were dropped right in the middle of the excitement with them. I wasn't sure what I expected from this exciting gem, but these guys definitely nailed this impressive bad boy. Wrestling through the trials and tribulations with a slew of plot twists and sleek turns that hook you from
Scarolet Ellis
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Magical Mischief by Laura Greenwood is an amazing story that I have read and loved. This is book number one in this start to a very amazing series that I can not get enough of and I can not wait for the next book to come out. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about magic, fantasy and paranormal romance.

Suzanne G
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Going to college is always a big step in a teens life, but most teens have been through the school system. Lou has been homeschooled her entire life as a way of protecting her identity as a hybrid. Can she successfully navigate college life?

Buttercup1201
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After being homeschooled for 18 years, Lou is finally going to a real school. She is enrolled in the Magic and Metaphysics Academy. She is surrounded by witches, vampires, shifters and other magical creatures. She soon learns that not everyone can be a friend. She has wonderful roommates, Estelle and Tyler. Three hot classmates, Brooks, Francis and Jayse. And the popular girls that just might not be nice.

A nice introduction to the magical creature academy. Greenwood and Boruff capture the feelin
Nan
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tallulah (call her Lou) has been home-schooled her whole life. Now that she’s 18 her parents, a vampire and a witch - both academics, reluctantly agreed to her attending a magical academy. Lou quickly bonds with her roommates but ends up as part of the popular mean girls’ group through a series of coincidences. She also meets a trio of boys who all interest her as she struggles to get through her first semester ever at school. I received an advance copy of this book and voluntarily left a review ...more
sherri jones-teachout
I like this girl Lou!!! She’s powerful, smart, and nice. Lou is a hybrid (witch and vampire). Home schooled all her life, now at eighteen she is enrolled in an academy for supernaturals. But navigating through all the cliques and who’s who of the school is exhausting. Kristi, the most popular girl, draws her in to her circle, but Lou quickly finds out she is mean and nasty. And what about the three most popular guys in the school? They all seem to like her and treat her well but are they pretend ...more
Shweta
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A new series which starts out pretty tame and ends the same way but promises to have great potential.

Another series based around a magical academy with a bitch squad, 3 hot guys, 2 cool roommates and one magical special girl.

I just wish it was longer.

« previous 1 3 next »
The Paranormal Co...: Completed Series: Magic and Metaphysics Academy 5 6 Dec 20, 2019 07:04AM

• Feline The Heat (The Firehouse Feline, #1)
  • Found (Thornbriar Academy, #1)
  • Touch of the Mage (Twyst Academy Book 1)
  • Amber (Jewels Cafe: Amber, #1)
  • Untamed Magic (Academy of the Elites, #1)
  • Black Magic Voodoo (Mystic Hallows Harem #1)
  • Into the Light (Angel Academy #4)
  • Nightworld Academy: Term Four (Nightworld Academy #4)
  • The Double Date Disaster (Do-Over Date #2)
  • Bad Omen (Wicked Academy, #2)
  • A Christmas Kiss (Kissed by the Bay,  #5)
  • Bad Witch (Wicked Academy, #1)
  • Total Lunar Eclipse (The Afflicted Zodiac, #3)
  • Monsters (Prodigium Academy, #1)
  • King of Hell
  • Beauty and the Dragon
  • Monster Awakened (Blood Moon Academy, #2)
  • The Wedding Catch (The Wedding Whisperer Book 2)
Laura is a USA Today Bestselling Author of paranormal, fantasy, and urban fantasy romance (though she can occasionally be found writing contemporary romance). When she's not writing, she drinks a lot of tea, tries to resist French macarons, and works towards a diploma in Egyptology. She lives in the UK, where most of her books are set.

You can check out Laura's Website here:
www.authorlauragreenwo

Magic And Metaphysics Academy (3 books)
  • Magical Mistake (Magic And Metaphysics Academy, #2)
  • Magical Misfit (Magic And Megaphysics Academy, #3)

News & Interviews