Start by marking “The Right Way” as Want to Read:
The Right Way

The Right Way

After witnessing his younger brother’s death in a tragic accident, Jonathan Nelson desperately tries losing himself on the gridiron. No matter how hard he tries keeping his head above water, he’s drowning in a sea of grief. Compounding his inability to get his head on straight is Presley—the girl who had a complicated relationship with his brother, Jake, and who is pregnan ...more
Paperback
Published January 2nd 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Right Way, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Right Way

Start your review of The Right Way
Tianna✸loves books✸
Presley is pregnant and the baby’s father Jake is dead. Both weren’t even boyfriend girlfriend. It was just hooking up and she ends up getting pregnant. Unfortunately, Jake dies after 3 months.

Presley was quite a girl playboy. She was not like the usual good girl heroine I usually read. She had kissed Jake’s brother Jonathan, who is the hero, in some spin the bottle game before she was with Jake. She also hooked up with Jake’s best friend after Jake’s death. She has quite a history.

“I’m aware I
Anne OK
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
A big surprise and a terrible tragedy set the scene for this emotional and rocky young adult romance. Presley and Jonathan, with the help of family and friends, face not only grief but excitement and possibilities as a new life begins. Unexpected fences are mended and second chances are now real possibilities.

A really well-written slow-burn romance that covered a ton of feels. A great cast of characters, as well. With a fast-clipped pace, this one was an easy read.

I only wish the author had dec
Fiona Fog
A series that will have you questioning what if.

I loved what I read here, it wasn’t your typical romance. Sure it had a happily ever after but the road to that was loss, what if’s and why.

The double standards are not lost on our female heroine Presley, she had a reputation one that’s she not ashamed of. For guys it’s different there held up like gods for woman not so much.

Jessica Alcazar
I think the Synopsis of the book gives you just enough detail for you to know going in emotions are going to be high and you might be all up in your #feels while you read this story.

This isn’t just a romance journey. It’s also a journey of two people traveling down the road of grief and finding each other in their travel. It’s heartwarming and compassionate. It’s not always gumdrops and lollipops but it is real and full of heart.

Told in dual POV, you get both perspectives and, in this story, im
AJ
4 stars

I really loved this book. A sweet and emotional enemies-to-friends-to-lovers romance with wonderful characters and a beautifully written story that kept me hooked from start to finish.

Presley Patterson has just graduated high school and is dealing with a surprise pregnancy. Not only that, but she is grieving the tragic death of the father of her baby, her on-off boyfriend/casual hook up of years, Jake. With an absentee mother and her future plans now in disarray, she is relieved and over
Beeg Panda
Lori Melton
Oct 01, 2019 marked it as to-read
Added can’t wait!! ❤️❤️
Kim
Shelves: 4-5-stars
One tragic event spent many lives spinning. For some it helped forge new relationships. For one, it changed the outlook of her future. For another it could cost him his only safe outlet and plans for his future. All were sunk into a spiral of grief and guilt and left looking for an anchor to help pull them out.

Presley Patterson has a bad reputation and is now going to be a single, young mom. But despite the circumstances, she is willing to do the right thing for her and her baby. Her fa
Christie
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was ok
Rachel
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Presley Patterson didn’t imagine she’d be a teenage mom, but finding out she was pregnant just before high school graduation sends her world spinning. Her world is upturned again in short succession when her baby daddy is killed in a tragic accident. Without her own family to help her, she turns to Jake’s family for support while she finds her feet.

Jonathon Nelson witnessed the accident that took his brother’s life and the trauma is more than he can cope with on his own. As he begins t
Rejane
Ate tu Katie Ashley??? This books sounds terrible and I am definitely parting ways with this author.
I hate siblings double dipping and I don't care if one of them is 6 feet under.... Besides everything else in the book....

Naadira  Moodley (BookedMercy)
The Right Way was a very anticipated read of mine. It seems like I waited forever for it. I absolutely adore single parent romances and the fact that this particular romance involved the baby daddy's brother, sign me up!

Presley has been in love with Jake Nelson for a very long time but after a tragic accident, she is left pregnant and alone so Jake's mother does the noble thing and opens her home to Presley. But that comes with a complication in the form of Jake's older brother, Jonathan. He has
Fiona Fog
Moving on

When she finds out she’s pregnant her senior year she’s in shock to her on and off again hook up Jake. Telling him is the hardest thing. But losing him to a tragi
Sarah Dale
Katie Ashley has done an amazing job with this emotional story of healing, pain and love. She has delivered such emotion in this one. You may need tissues.

Presley never expected to become a teenage mum but she embraces this and turns her life around. When the babies father, Jake, is killed in a tragic accident she never expected to find her support system in Jake's family.

Jonathan witnessed his brothers death and is suffering with PTSD and flashbacks and is unable to cope with it on his own. As
Ga Books LoverX
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book completely shattered me and was 100% worth the wait for it to be released. Katie Ashley does a freaking wonderful job creating realistic and believable characters. This book was DEFINITELY something that I have not read before with 'complicated' being the main theme. There are many different outliers in the book, but I have to say that I love the characters and Katie Ashley had a nice organic plot that moved at just the right pace and not TOO fast or slow.

I give this a solid 4.5 outta
Lisa Zeigler
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
It’s been years since I read Don’t Hate the Player, so I didn’t recall all of the background prior to the beginning of this story. This story begins after Presley finds out she’s pregnant and Jake has died in a horrible accident, after telling Presley he will be there for the baby.

Presley is left wondering what she will do as her mother isn’t very maternal nor dependable and she doesn’t have anyone else to help. Fortunately, Jake’s parents invite her to live with them so they can help her throug
Tania's Book Blog
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow talk about emotional. Jonathan was learning how to grieve the loss of his younger brother Jake especially since he witnessed it. Presley was expecting Jake’s baby and for some reason Jonathan despised her. Until he realized that she wasn’t using his parents like he thought. He saw a different side of her once she moved in with his family. Presley had a bad reputation as being a wild child but once she found herself pregnant at 18 she completely changed. She grew up and made sure to do everyt ...more
Amanda Steward
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great read by Ms. Ashley

I fell in love with Ms. Ashley long ago with her Runaway Train series. She is one of my go to authors and she didn’t disappoint with this book either. I will admit I was new to these characters. I didn’t read Don’t Hate The Player. To me this book didn’t have a lot of drama no suspense it was just a sweet love story. There is no cheating in this book. At the time of my review this book is available on kindle unlimited.
Elizabeth Clinton
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just when you think your life is going to go one way it can unexpectedly change in an instant. Presley Patterson life is turned upside down but she’s knows she must change her ways and become a better person for not only herself but for the sake of her child. She will have the support of a very loving family The Nelson’s but the reluctant help of their older son Jonathan Nelson.
Jonathan thinks Presley is not who she seems to be but overtime and after getting to know the person she becomes he se
Kim
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jake Nelson was every girls dream boy .. but when a serious accident take him not the Nelson’s, Maddie or Presley can bring him back BUT what Presley has can make his leaving maybe a little easier to breath .. or so we hope so ....

Jonathan doesn’t think a tiger can change its spots like Presley can’t change from her past to the better in the present BUT for Evie she CAN and WILL .. prove them ALL wrong !!

When everyone notices the tension between a Jonathan and Presley why can’t they .. oh that i
Tianna Croy
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I like the slow burn from virtual enemies, to friends, to lovers. The growth of both characters shines through the pages. This was a deeply emotional story. I found myself in tears more than once. The guilt Jonathan had over his brothers death almost lead him to the point of self destruction. If it weren't for his love of football he would have never gotten the help he needed to deal with life. Also being in the delivery room, although he resisted had a major impact on him. As much as he tried, ...more
Kari Hansen
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Jonathan is devastated and still reeling from the death of his brother. The last thing he needs is for his brother’s pregnant girlfriend to be living with his family as he had his concerns about her relationship with his brother long before he passed away.

When Presley thought about what life would hold for her after school it didn’t include expecting a child or having Jake, the father of her baby, pass way after a tragic accident. With no family to support her and having minimal options Jake’s p
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Right Way from Katie Ashley is a story of coming of age, as well as overcoming a horrific accident that has all the characters learning to overcome grief. This is Presley and Jonathan’s story, it will have you not only hooked from the beginning, but also keeps you wanting to keep reading to see how they both will come together. Keep some tissues handy this book has all the feels, can’t wait to see if we will get Jason’s book.
Lisa Mcintire
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Loved it!
Big Joe  Rossi
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Jonathan Nelson witness his brother Jake die a tragic violent death and now Presley Patterson is saying she is pregnant with Jake's kid and his parents are moving her into Jake's room. Let us just say he doesn't take it well and says really rude things, vicious even.

She hates him for the way he acted when she moved in and after. He hates her for being her and not being able to deal with his loss and the way it happened. As the two are forced together slowly they see the real person the other is
Shatarupa  Dhar
Narrated in the first person alternately from Presley and Jonathan's perspective, The Right Way starts with the former at the doctor's appointment. Five months pregnant Presley Patterson is there with Evelyn, her baby daddy's Mum. Because Jake Nelson couldn't be there. He died three months ago in an unfortunate accident, and Evelyn was the only support that eighteen-year-old Presley had. When Evelyn and Martin Nelson offer the soon-to-be homeless Presley to stay with them, she couldn't be happie ...more
Mari
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Katie Ashley has one complicated set up here but I was intrigued. Well you know I thought it would be more drama. With the whole dead brother baby mama plot. But what the blurb didn't say was Presley wasn't in an ideal situation. Seeing as she and Jake weren't together at the time but he wanted to support her and the baby. When things went sideways Kenzie kept on despite everything against her no home, no job and no father in the picture.

Presley living with the Nelson's could be awkward but the
kgagnon
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Emotional, Sweet & Sexy Stars!
I absolutely loved this poignant story of healing, hope, and love. We all make mistakes when we are young, and some mistakes are harder to overcome than others. That is what happened with Presley and Jonathon. Presley is pregnant with Jonathon's deceased brother's baby. Presley had dated Jake on and off through high school. She didn't have a great home life and searched for love with many of the boys at school. She had watched Jake begin to turn his life around,
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Santa's Special Delivery (Sleeping with the Scrooge)
  • On the Rocks (Becker Brothers, #1)
  • Gilded Lily (Bennet Brothers, #2)
  • Undeniable (Cloverleigh Farms, #2)
  • Avoiding Temptation (Forbidden Book 6)
  • Damion (Son, #4)
  • Ring Ready (Hotline Hookup, #2)
  • Coming Up Roses (Bennet Brothers, #1)
  • F*ck No!: How to Stop Saying Yes  When You Can't, You Shouldn't,  or You Just Don't Want To
  • The Witches Are Coming
  • The Legacies of Brigadier Station (Brigadier Station Series Book 3)
  • Christmas at Brigadier Station
  • Devon (Son, #3)
  • Trouble After Dark (Gansett Island)
  • Christmas Camp Wedding (Christmas Camp #1.5)
  • The Outback Governess
  • Wish Upon a Duke (12 Dukes of Christmas #3)
Katie Ashley is a New York Times, USA Today, and Amazon Top Three Best-Selling author of both Indie and Traditionally published books. She's written rockers, bikers, manwhores with hearts of gold, New Adult, and Young Adult. She lives outside of Atlanta, Georgia with her daughter, Olivia, her rescue mutts, Belle and Elsa, and her two cats, Mama Kitty and Luna. She has a slight obsession with The G ...more