Start by marking “Collide” as Want to Read:
Collide

Collide

Falling head over heels was the last thing I expected.

Literally.

Coffee is everywhere – and more than my ego is bruised.

When the handsome stranger I plowed into calls me by name, mortification sinks in.

He rushes off to class. I run home to change, hoping to forget the whole incident.

If only I could be so lucky.

I quickly find it’s a small world and Gavin Wallace is completel
Published June 30th 2020 by Amanda Shelley, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Collide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Collide

Start your review of Collide
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Slow burn, first love, sweet romance!

This was a weird one for me. I don’t usually read slow burn romances. Not that I really am into the insta-love romance, but I like the couple to have more than a kiss before 75% of the book is over. Though in this day and age, I think though some people still do wait, either till marriage or at least until a bunch of dates have passed, they still get in pretty deep fairly soon. So I wasn’t surprised that this was a “Clean” romance but I was surprised that it
Daisy Delfin
Jul 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020, ya

Pages: 332
My rating: 3
Read other books by this author in the future: no
MC: Alex, Gavin

This was a super slow burn story and it felt like quicksand. The story was so slow that I was a little bored.
K. Lynn BookHavenBookBlog
Jun 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
Refreshing! Delightful! "I’ll wait forever, if that’s what it takes.” Sigh...this is a heartwarming story that could easily be a made-for-TV movie! When Alex collides with Gavin, neither of them realized this was the beginning of forever. They collided body, mind, and soul! This is authentic romance! Amanda Shelley writes believable storylines with down-to-earth characters and relatable lives. This is what die-hard Romantics crave...connection down deep to the marrow of their bones. As with any ...more
Sunny Shelly Reads
Collide is a super sweet YA romance between college students Gavin and Alexis (Alex). They keep "colliding" into one another around campus, as Alex is a bit of a klutz. Their friendship unfolds in a circle of mutual friends, all of who seem to realize that Gavin is into Alex except for Alex herself! But when a car accident gives Gavin the chance to play knight in shining armor and spend loads of quality time with Alex, he hopes that he will be able to make her see that there is a reason why thei ...more
Kari Hansen
Jun 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
The first time that Alex met Gavin she left quite an impression when she literally crashed into him and there was no denying they were drawn to each other. A second crash will seal their fate when Alex finds herself temporarily living with Gavin and these two college friends may just find out that they are destined to be much more.

Their journey from friends to romance and intimacy was at a measured pace but once they acknowledge the feelings between them they are all in and there is no denying t
Karin
Jun 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet super slow burn college romance. Alex and Gavins first meeting was when she literally knocked into him and now every time she blinks he’s there. I loved how this wasn’t a bam and I love you romances. These two had a instant attraction but they built a friendship that turned to deep love.
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Jul 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Collide was a nice sweet read. Alex is a nice girl. She off to college and trying to find her way in life. She collides with Gavin, like really runs into him. He takes it's like champ and is interested in Alex. She seems a little accident prone. She gets in another accident and Gavin is there to help her. Gavin is a sweet nice guy. He's gone through a lot. This one is definitely has a slow burn. I liked that they take the time to get to know each other as friends before jumping to something more ...more
Book Obsessed
Jun 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Normally I find my self on the fence about college romances. This definitely wasn’t the case with this book. It had me captivated by the end of page on. I loved Alex and her stubbornness. Then she ran down Gavin spilling coffee all over him. She was most certainly a goner, and so was Gavin. Just the description of him makes him swoon worthy. The story line was perfect. However, I do wish some parts toward the end were explained in more details, then the epilogue fast forward a few years. Overall ...more
Menotah (Canadian Girl Book Blog)
                description

Gavin loves to hang out with his friends and is not one for hookups but when he keeps colliding with a beautiful girl it's almost hard to resist his attraction to her. Alexis is finally spreading her wings and heading off to college. As someone who is stubborn and set in her ways, when she collides with Gavin he throws her off her game. A tragedy strikes that throws both Gavin and Alexis's worlds for a loop that brings them together.

description

Collide is a very
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Jun 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Collide is a SLOW SLOW SLOW burn romance that is super sweet.

Alex and Gavin met through mutual friends; they formed their own friendship. I loved seeing their interactions and watching them grow throughout the story. The progression of their relationship was super sweet. Alex is stubborn, but she isn’t the type of girl you’d expect for her age and being away at college. Gavin is a swoony gentleman. Seriously, the man cooks AND cleans. How can you not want that?!

I already said this is a slow bur
Jeraca
I received this free eARC novel from the author. This is my honest review.

This is my first novel by this author and I thought it was really enjoyable. Gavin and Alexis were great characters with a lot of redeemable qualities. Both are hardworking, competitive, and determined.

I did think the narrative was a bit repetitive and the characters said outloud what they felt after thinking what they felt. And since both like to cook, there were so many conversations about preparing a meal that I felt
Judy Cornett
Jun 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gavin’s and Alexis’ story is a sweet young adult romance. It’s about two college students who meet in an unexpected way and their relationship begins there. Their paths continue to “collide” until an accident happens and they’re thrown together for an uncertain amount of time. I love how they’re relationship builds. The flow of the story just works. The secondary characters are an integral part of the story especially the relationship they both share with their families. I’m so glad I gave this ...more
Ebook Enthusiast
Jun 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Collide – Amanda Shelley – 4 stars

Collide by Amanda Shelley is a sweet romance that revolves around Gavin and Alexis. Alexis has just started her freshman year at Pullman and is trying to find her way. When she literally collides with Gavin, she isn’t expecting the instant attraction she feels or the fact that she becomes a tongue tied mess. Gavin is focused on his goals and as a third year architect the last thing on his mind is a girl, that is until Alexis crashes into his life. A fun, sweet r
Larissa Rye
Jun 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
It’s called a sweet romance & that describes this book to a T. A college age, first love romance. The beginning started off a little slow for me but it turned around & had me wanting to find out how it would all work out.

I don’t want to give any spoilers but I was completely shocked by the incident that brought Gavin & Alexis together. It was completely out of the blue & had you needing to find out what happens next.

These two were so sweet together, the highs & lows of a first love were realis
Nicole Smith
Jun 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
The blurb of this book drew me in. It sounded like a book right up my alley. Not gonna lie t took me a bit to get into this book. I was struggling a little to connect with the characters, but once I got into the book I couldn't put it down. There was a turning point for me with Gavin and Alex when she needs his help. It's the moment when I connected with the characters. It's also one of the many times Gavin had me swooning. I don't know how Alex could resist him. The one thing that I wished to h ...more
Trish (tiedupinbooks)
I feel like I should learn my lesson when signing up to read an arc of a NA/YA romance. They just aren’t my jam. Also slow-burn romances kind of grind my gears because I’m an impatient reader.

With that being said, Collide was super sweet but kind of repetitive in some spots. Some dialogue and scenes in this book I just didn’t understand why they were relevant. The two become fast friends but don’t admit their feelings for each other until waaaay well into the book. I’m all for a friends-to-love
Ashton
Jun 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
* * I HAD BEEN GIVEN AN ADVANCE READERS COPY IN EXCHANGE FOR MY HONEST REVIEW * *

This is such a sweet soft and slow burning natural progression love story about 2 college kids.

This was a bit slower than I like personally but it was still so nice and realistic in many ways.

Our leading lady is stubborn and almost annoyingly so because I am the same way sometimes. So it really takes one to know one.

I am normally big on the big brooding alpha males but Gavin is sweet kind and romantic.

I only gav
Krista
Jun 22, 2020 rated it liked it

Alexis (alex) manning is finally taking a leap, spreading her wings and heading off to college. She is super goal orientated and often stubborn. So when she collides (literally) into Gavin he throws her off track.

Gavin mostly hangs with friends, never one for casual hookups. So when he is introduced to Alex his attraction is quick and insistent.

But a minor tragedy throws things off track yet brings them closer together.

The blurb to this book looked super promising but fell a bit short f
Marika
Jun 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a very sweet story! Alexis and Gavin certainly take the slow build to a new level. I am not saying is a bad thing, just not what I normally read..but it is very sweet.
I don't know if it's me and I am getting old lol, but I usually appreciate when the story get to the point and fast. I am not saying I didn't like it, cause I did, but it took me more time to get into it and I would have loved if a few things were skipped here and there..spoken like someone who doesn't usually complain if
Heather Kerby
Jul 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book has a super sweet feel to it. The two main characters in this book take things very slow, and it has a very traditional feel. I would almost define the way Gavin, and Alexis' relationship grows is courting. Gavin is a good looking guy with the world at his finger tips. He know what he wants, and isn't afraid to wait for it. Alexis ends up at the same college due to an injury she sustained in High School that kept her from going to her dream school to play soccer.

Alexis uses this time
Steph (A Brunette and Her Books)
I am normally not one who reads sweet non-sexual romances as of late, but when this book landed on my kindle per an advanced review, I took a chance on it, and I'm glad I did

Gavin and Alexis are both college students, she's quite guarded with her heart, while Gavin is swoony and goes after what he wants. Their relationship builds slowly, but what you get is a beautiful tale of young love blossoming into a beautiful outcome, and it shows that love is worth going after, worth fighting for. And to
Karen
Jun 24, 2020 rated it liked it
It was hard for me to get through this book. It was a good story but it was too slow for what I like. Gavin and Alex were a cute couple but it seemed the writer wrote a lot of story without a lot of feelings or description of feelings. Whenever it discussed feelings or reactions it was a lot of, "oh" or "huh" with the response to the other person and a lot of repeat phrases (musky scent and golden brown eyes). Overall it was a good, clean story.
Nikki Swope
Jun 29, 2020 rated it liked it
This book was sweet. It was well written with solid characters and if sweet romances are your thing you will love that. I’m giving it 3 stars because sweet romance is really not what I usually read. While the timeline of the book and the slow burn build of the relationship is far more realistic I love me some hot burning chemistry, and while the couple in this book did seem to have chemistry there defiantly wasn’t must passion or fire.

**I was generously provided with an advanced readers copy of
Kathryn Linke
Jun 30, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

Collide is a very apt title for this book. Gavin and Alexis' story is a sweet, clean, friends to lovers, slow burn romance.

Gavin and Alexis are an endearing pair of characters. Both are competitive, hard working, dedicated and driven.

I was intrigued by the synopsis of this title, but unfortunately it didn't quite hit the mark for me. There was quite a lot of repetition within the dialogue, and the romance was just too slow for my liking.
Alharaca
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This one was a surprise, sweet love story with amazing characters that has you reading non stop until everything changes, and OMG, I'm not going to give you spoilers but now is when the book turns into something else, and you are going to love it, great world building, the chemistry, the relationship between all of the characters made it a wonderful book that is worth reading, hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Beth (Beautiful Chaos Reviews)
Collide is a sweet college romance ❤️ Gavin and Alex's story was definitely more sweet than sexy and there's nothing wrong with that! It was a quick read and low on angst. I could have used a tad more conflict but it was still a great love story with a HEA.

⭐⭐⭐⭐
Clare
Jun 27, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
3.5 Stars

I was provided an ARC of this from Wildfire Marketing on behalf of the author.

This is my first book by this author. I was hooked by the blurb and the cover. It was a very clean NA romance and that's something I don't think I've read before. It's also VERY slow burn. All in all I would recommend this, especially to people who are new to the genre.
Maria Vickers
Jun 29, 2020 rated it liked it
Alex and Gavin...Collide doesn't even begin to describe what happened between them. Instant connection, immediate attraction, and a quick love. But things aren't completely smooth. The characters were interesting, however, the story fell a little short for me. It felt almost like it gave me whiplash in areas moving full steam ahead and then slamming on the breaks. It didn't feel fully flushed out. I did like the idea and many parts of the story, but I need more. 3.5 stars.
JL Roberts
***Arc was given by author for an honest review**

Gavin and Alex's story is a straight-up typical PG college romance. They are thrown together after an accident but other then that this was a very slow moving uneventful novel. It was nicely written just very slow and drawn out. Not really my speed.
 •Cici• Theory of A Dreamer Book Blog♥
Having first picked up Ms.Shelley's work back in April of this year I've been looking forward to reading more of her books! When Collide was announced I had to pick it up next! I enjoyed this story!

Alex and Gavin's journey pulled me in from the start and I didn't want to turn away from it!

• A Love Song for Dreamers (Rivals, #3)
  • One Perfect Touch
  • Complicate Me  (Hawthorn Hills Duet #1)
  • Love & Hockey (Fury Series, # 1)
  • Complete Me (Hawthorn Hills Duet #2)
  • The Breaking Season (Seasons, #3)
  • Winning My Best Friend's Girl (The Baileys #8)
  • Confessions of a Bookaholic
  • Only with You (Annapolis Harbor #1)
  • Kiss To Conquer (Blairwood University #1)
  • Unpredictable (Love in LA, #3)
  • Truly
  • Scandalous Scotsman
  • Filthy Firefighter (Cocky Hero Club)
  • Southern Sunrise (Southern Series, #4)
  • Like You Care (Devilbend Dynasty, #1)
  • Heartbreak Me (Heartbreak Duet, #1)
  • Fragile Lies (Fragile Hearts Standalone Series #2)
Amanda Shelley loves falling into a book to experience new worlds. As an avid reader and writer, sharing worlds of her own creation is a passion that inspired her to become an author. She writes contemporary romance with characters who are strong and sexy with a touch of sass.

When not writing, Amanda enjoys time with her family, playing chauffeur, chef and being an enthusiastic fan for her childre