Start by marking “The Hollow Queen (Stolen Empire, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Hollow Queen (Stolen Empire, #5)

The Hollow Queen

(Stolen Empire #5)

As a princess of the Romanov Empire, Elizabeth has enjoyed a life of luxury and privilege. But the sudden deaths of her parents leaves her unprotected—awash in the dangerous tide of her family’s political rivals.

When the supreme council crowns her half-nephew Peter II in her place, Elizabeth is left with no title, no power, and no allies. Now little more than a bastard in
ebook
Published September 23rd 2019 by Clean Teen Publishing, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about The Hollow Queen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hollow Queen

Start your review of The Hollow Queen (Stolen Empire, #5)
Maja  - BibliophiliaDK ✨
WHEN THE ONLY THING KEEPING YOU READING IS THE FACT THAT THE BOOK IS SHORT, IT'S NOT A GOOD BOOK...😶😶

Yeah, there was really nothing, aside from the length, that made me want to read this book. The good thing is, it only took me two hours to read it, so that's something.

"Shaking my head, I nod."

THE THINGS I DISLIKED

Bad writing: For proof, see the above quote. Really, this was not something I saw in the previous books. Sure, the writing wasn't amazing in those, but it made sense. This
Carrie
Nov 07, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review coming soon.
San
May 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I'm not exactly sure how I feel about this book. Although the plot kept my attention for most of the time I wasn't so much interested in romance in book but it still has its moments. My favorite part was actually political one and main characters fighting with Menshikov and kind of wish there was more moments with him.
Melissa
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Erin Arkin
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Hollow Queen by Sherry Ficklin is the fifth book in The Stolen Empire series and if you haven’t read the others yet, you are missing out! First, the covers are amazing. Second, these books take a period of history that I haven’t seen a lot in YA and Ficklin makes it intriguing with both her writing and the overall plot.

This book focuses on Elizabeth, the daughter of Peter the Great. When her parents die, Elizabeth finds herself unprotected and on her own to face those that want the power of
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
"Sometimes...I think love is doing what's best for someone else, even when it hurts," I say softly. "Even if it means letting them go." -Lady Elizabeth

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN.

Wow....can we just say ADDICTING. I am completely speechless about this story....I pulled an all nighter just because I couldn't put the book down.

The characters in the story are phenomenal. Elizabeth is still as feisty and strong as she has been throughout this entire series. I am in complete shock and awe of the things that h
Julia
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for the ARC!

I was dumb and didn’t find out until just before reading that this is actually the fifth book in an existing series, so my review will be strictly about The Hollow Queen only. Any references to the previous books flew right over my head. Despite that, I still loved this book and did NOT care about any of the historical inaccuracies!

Elizabeth and Peter’s romance was so sweet, even steamy at certain points. I’ll be honest and say though I didn
Jodi Gallegos
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya
Sherry Ficklin continues to thrust us directly into the turbulent machinations of the life in the Romanov Court.
The Hollow Queen is the latest novel in the Stolen Empire series and it does not disappoint. We were introduced to Elizabeth in the novella Winter Queen (link to Winter Queen review https://jodigallegos.com/book-review-the-winter-queen-stolen-empire-4-by-sherry-ficklin/) and now, we join Elizabeth as she travels deep into the perilous world of Russian royalty.
With her fiancé and moth
Baileys Book Babble
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was given a free copy via Netgalley for 'an honest review.

The Hollow Queen opens with Elizabeth Petrovna of Russia shortly after loosing her title, a large portion of her family, and all her worldly belongings. Being left with not many options and harboring a lot of anger we follow her as she pulls the pieces of her life back together while navigating some tricky politics.

The character development along with plot are outstanding in this one. I have not read any others in this series but did n
Kitty Pollock
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Hollow Queen is the fifth novel in the Stolen Empire Series by Sherry D. Ficklin. When I received this book I didn't realise this and I haven't read the previous titles but I am happy to say that this book can be read as a stand alone and I really enjoyed it. My historical reading has centered mainly on British and European medieval and renaissance themes and I hardly know much about the Russian royal Romanovs, with the exception of the final royal Romanovs who sow the dynasty end. This nove ...more
Stephenee
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE the Stolen Empire series by author Sherry Ficklin! She writes an amazing tale based on real characters and times, but with a twist, some humor and lots of heart and soul. She pours herself into these books and grabs the readers attention from the very start! The reader is hooked in a matter of paragraphs and they frantically zoom through the pages wanting to know what happens next while at the same time never wanting the book to end!

Elizabeth has been left with nothing...no crown, no jewe
Kristine
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is part of a series but you do not need to read the earlier books in order to know characters or understand parts of the story. That being said, it ends with a whamy of a cliff-hanger so if you do read this, you'll need to get the next book "The Broken Queen" and if Elizabeth's story is to continue for more than Hollow Queen and Broken Queen, I'm sure you'll have to get whatever comes after.

Oh my gosh, I don't know how I'll last until The Broken Queen comes out. I got no resolution. I'm und
Lindsay
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was ok
Nickie
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Princess Elizabeth has lost everything. Her father has passed away leaving political turmoil in his wake, followed by her mother, and the man she was meant to marry to protect herself. With nothing left, she goes back to the Russian court where she is further stripped of her title as princess and illegitimized. Now she depends on the goodwill of her nephew and current King Peter II. She must navigate the precarious court, while protecting herself from Prince Menshikov, who would see her further ...more
Katherine
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
I put off reading this book for a while. I'm not sure why. Perhaps I knew that once I started, I would not be able to put the book down. And so it came to pass.
I've already read the first 2 books in the Stolen Empire series and thoroughly enjoyed them. I wanted to read this one when I saw the author's name but I was a little nervous that at some point the lustre would start to come off the story telling.
That is definitely not the ca
Jan farnworth
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the amazing story of the last Romanov Princess who has been stripped of her title and been sent to be Lady Elizabeth with a teen boy king on the throne. She struggles with who she been raised to one day be to the status she been demoted to. She has only the hopes that she can some way find a way to relate to the young king. She struggles once she falls for him but knows she can never have him and at times try’s to find love in another arms.

I throughly enjoy the historical tale that sherr
Christine Cazeneuve
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED this book, The Hollow Queen by Sherry Ficklin. It is the first book I have read by this author and I will definitely be reading others by her, This is the story of Elizabeth Romanov, who was stripped of her title, her wealth and her power and her relationship with her half-nephew Peter II who became King. I loved the relationship between the two and the strength this woman had to arise above all adversity.

I loved this book so much I finished it in one day as I couldn't put it
Emma-Kate
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
I'm actually so upset with how disappointing this book was. The cover and blurb reeled me in, but failed to deliver. For such a short book, I struggled with it.
Amongst the numerous errors, abuse of the word smirk, the two dimensional men and the confusing purple prose and the world's worst transitions, the only real saving grace this book had for me was that it had some beautiful one liners. I didn't even realise this book was in a series, I think this book probably could have used a bit more TL
Lauren Kastermans
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Astounding, intricate, poignant, delicately woven, traipsing history with an elegance that transcends the simplicity of a fantasy novel, and becomes simply something, more.

Beginning the moment the first word crossed the page, it gripped you in a vice so tight, that it left you breathless. It was unexpected, and yet, brilliantly so. It hurt, when they hurt, and entices you to cry, when they cried.

I cannot express enough, how this novel delighted me. I only wish, there was more I could have cons
Carol Edholm
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
A Russian princess who will never be Queen. Why? She will never marry the King. WHY? Russian courtiers have many secrets, deep, dark secrets. What is the Princess’ secret? The King’s secret? The King is little more than a teen. Can the Princess help him grow up to be a man? Train him to be a kind-hearted, but firm, King?

Come along on the first installment of this fast moving tale of Russian royalty, romance, betrayal, joy and heartache.
Rebecca Hill
Elizabeth should have been the queen of Russia, but she was declared illegitimate and the throne passed to her half-nephew. As she works her way through t he intrigue of the Russian court, she finds herself falling in love with Peter, and winning over the hearts of many.
But when Peter dies, everything that she has worked for is thrown into chaos.

A great read! I enjoyed the book, and look forward to more from this author!
CR
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series just keeps getting better and better!! Ficklin has done it again and brought us this wonderful story!! I fell in love with the Stolen Empire when I read the first book and these prequel novels are ones I won't soon forget!! This really makes me want to go back and reread the first books in the series. The relationships and characters in this one shine like never before!! Ficklin has a way with words and is able to weave a story like no other!
Daydream.book.bliss
Jennifer Billings
May 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! The range of emotions in this one! With an ending of huge changes to come. And even more understanding as to why Elizabeth is who we met in the first 3 books.
Sep 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Disclaimer: This is a review based solely on Sherry D. Ficklin’s latest novel, The Hollow Queen. It is not reflective of her Stolen Empire series as a whole. This is my first novel by her and my review will only reflect on this book.

“A Romanov never runs,’ I say. ‘I am here for my king and my country. I am not a toy for your enjoyment, and I am certainly not your whore.”

I was immediately intrigued by this book and Ficklin’s writing kept me hooked. Her main character, Elizabeth was written incre
Kylie
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Let me start off by saying I went back and forth on whether to give this story 3 or 4 stars.

The Hollow Queen tells the story of Elizabeth, a princess of the Romanov Empire who loses her home, title and possessions when the supreme council crowns her half-nephew Peter II as King instead of her. Elizabeth is then sent to the palatial home of Prince Menshikov who is the one that got Peter on the throne and "ruling" through him. Elizabeth plans to use her time at the palace to find out the truth abo
Scotti LeeMarie,
Sep 04, 2019 rated it liked it
3 Stars. Best enjoyed with a…um, prior knowledge…of how noble relationships worked back in the day.

Let me start this off by saying that Sherry Ficklin is a very talented author for three very good reasons. One, this is my first book by her and it wasn’t exactly clear that I had jumped into the second half of the series a book too late until I was well into it. She provides enough backstory to catch the reader up on what is going on, though. Two, She is able to tackle what some might find to be v
Anabel
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
I voluntarily read and reviewed and advanced copy of this book, received through NetGalley in exchange for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

I was excited to read The Hollow Queen after its summary, but the book fell flat. It was okay, just not very engaging and kind of shallow. The plot was mainly about romance and the setting -one of the main things I was interested in- wasn't particularly relevant for the plot. This is specially disappointing since this historical moment
Serenity
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lizzy is amazing. A kind and thoughtful princess. A princess who would make the greatest queen yet. However, Lizzy is coming home to nothing…

Lizzy was meant to marry, but we left off with her betrothed passing away to his illness. Her mother was murdered and now her nephew Peter will be king. None of this is right and Lizzy wants nothing more than the truth and the heads of the men behind it.

When Lizzy meets Peter, he is not what she expected. He could have been cruel and just done anything to
Brooke
Sep 29, 2019 rated it liked it
I have never read anything by Sherry Ficklin before reading this, and I was pleasantly surprised. You can read this without having any context of the other books in the series. I was not lost at all, it had pretty good smut, and I enjoyed Elizabeth’s sass.

What I will say, Please be warned that there is a relationship that you don’t want to happen, but ends up happening. I mean, it’s exactly like Daenerys Targaryan and Jon Snow.

I do have my issues with this book beyond that. But I’m a sucker fo

• The Secret Wife of Aaron Burr
  • The Weight of a Soul
  • Realm of Knights (Knights of the Realm, #1)
  • The Deep
  • Ribbons of Scarlet: A Novel of the French Revolution's Women
  • The Companion
  • The Queen's Fortune
  • Love Lettering
  • Queen of the North
  • Cupid's Match (Cupid's Match, #1)
  • Kitty Valentine Dates a Fireman (Kitty Valentine, #4)
  • Leo (Preston Brothers #3)
  • Going the Distance (The Kissing Booth, #2)
  • Tweet Cute
  • The Memory Thief
  • Crown of Fire (Dragon's Gift: The Forbidden Fae #1)
  • Mooncakes
  • The Grace Year
**To get the latest info on new releases and to enter our monthly giveaways be sure to sign up for my newsletter over at http://sherryficklin.com/newsletter **

Sherry is the author of over a dozen novels for teens and young adults including the best selling Stolen Empire series. She can often be found browsing her local bookstore with a large white hot chocolate in one hand and a towering stack of

Stolen Empire (6 books)
  • Queen of Someday (Stolen Empire, #1)
  • Queen of Tomorrow (Stolen Empire, #2)
  • Queen of Always (Stolen Empire, #3)
  • The Winter Queen (Stolen Empire, #4)
  • The Broken Queen (Stolen Empire, #6)