Start by marking “Penalty Box (Love in the Arena, #1)” as Want to Read:
Penalty Box (Love in the Arena, #1)

Penalty Box (Love in the Arena, #1)

Silas broke her heart when he left two years ago.

Now hes back and wants to pick up where they left off.

Miriam loves working for the local professional arena soccer team. Shes gearing up for the Storms best season yet but the new lineup has one major problemSilas Jenkins. The guy who broke her heart has returned, and shell have to play nice or risk losing her

Published March 20th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Penalty Box, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Penalty Box

Start your review of Penalty Box (Love in the Arena, #1)
Candyce Kirk
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sports romances are ones that I've become to love and if I'm honest, a lot of them are based on hockey. I've read one or two soccer ones, but never one like this. Kayla was able to explain this sport in this book without it taking over the story, but still being understandable. I'm always amazed when authors are able to do that!

Miriam is the community outreach manager for The Storm. She loves her job and is very loyal to it. I really loved Miriam's character. It was clear she's quirky at times,
Pixie Perkins
My full review can be found here: bit.ly/33o3hiO

𝘚𝘪𝘭𝘢𝘴 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦.

𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘬𝘦𝘱𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨.

𝘊𝘢𝘯 𝘸𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘥?

𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘱𝘶𝘯 𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘥 𝘶𝘱 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥. 𝘕𝘰, 𝘸𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘯𝘵.

Oh my gosh, where to start? Well...I loved this book. There, I said it. I. Loved. This. Book. Everything just felt soooooo REAL! The angst. The emotions. The dialogue. The relationships. Each chapter had me hooked, and left me wanting more. 👏💗

And I just needdddddd to talk about how swoony Silas was!!! When he was
Courtney (pawsitivelybookish)
For someone who has never played a sport, I sure love sports movies and books. Make that book a sports romance and Im done for 😍 Lucky for me, Kayla Tirrell has written a few of my favorites and her first installment of the Love in the Arena series did not disappoint.

Miriam is the community outreach manager for the Florida arena soccer team, the Storm. She loves the sport and she loves her team, that is until Silas Jenkins returns.

Silas used to play for the Storm until one day he abandoned his
Mar 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Loved this book! With everything that is happening in society right now, this was a great escape. Even though I found it predictable, it was an enjoyable read. I love indoor soccer so it was fun reading a cute, quick read about it! You should read this if you want a fun quick read!
Kathleen Sanchez
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In all honesty, Im not a sports romance kind of person. I dont watch sports (for the most part) so romances based around sports arent always my favorite. Penalty Box, however, has made me wonder if I should be reading MORE sports romances?! And its true, I also loved Courtside Crush by Kayla, so maybe its HER sports romances I like?

Miriam and Silas story is relatable as young adults trying to navigate life and love. Silas left Miriam 2 years ago to play soccer for another team across the
Candice Allen
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm not personally a sports fan but I loved this book. The description of the action was enough I could follow along with the players without needing to understand the sport itself. I love these two characters, Miriam and Silas, and I enjoyed getting to know them through their perspective as the story unfolds.
This really helps you understand their motivation for their actions. I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much if it was only one sided.
The themes of forgiveness and second chances were
Lindsy
Mar 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story but it wasnt my favorite. I really enjoy Kaylas writing though and that she can go from YA to adult romances easily.
This is another second chance sports romance. Its a clean and pretty quick HEA.
I learned more about soccer by reading this story and following along with her as she researched for this story.
Silas left two years before without thinking about anyone else. Now hes back with the Storm team and trying to get back into everyones good graces. He has to work really
Books
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kayla is my go to author for romance reads ❤ I am largely not a romance fan and am super skeptical of the genre as a whole but I KNOW Kayla will always deliver 🙈

Her writing as a whole is a wonderful balance of sweet, wistful and fun. The characters and situations change so much between her stories but they are consistently compelling and enjoyable 😍

This book follows Miriam and her soccer player ex Silas coming to terms with reentering each others lives as he returns to his home town after
Jenay Sherman
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love sports books, so I was excited to start this new series. It was nice to see Miriam love her job and her team. You really get a feeling for how much she enjoys her job which made the conflict greater. As a reader, you want to be mad at Silas for leaving, but hes so dedicated and committed to his goals (both sports and Miriam) that he quickly grows on you. This is a sweet readI think I read it in a sitting or two. I already miss the story and characters so I cant wait to check out the next ...more
DJ
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I would like to start of this review saying how much I dislike soccer, and reading about soccer is an absolute chore for me. HOWEVER, I ADORED this book! I'm not really sure how Kayla managed to make fall completely head over heels in love with a book about soccer but she did it! The story as always was sweet and charming. I loved characters too! If you like sweet, sport romance stories you will absolutely adore this story!
Jennifer Mullins
Mar 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-ebooks
A short, sweet, second-chance sports romance. The characters are likeable. It has a HEA and is a clean romance with no curse words or descriptive sex scenes (kissing at the most). I enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone who likes this genre/trope :).

Thank you to the author for a free copy in exchange for an honest review.
Amber Hodges
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love sports and romance and I was lucky enough to be able to have a book with both things together! Even in all the crazy going on right now, I found myself trying to find anytime I could to read a little more. Was such a treat to get out of my head and into the heads of Silas and Miriam. It was such a good book that was realistic in every way. I loved every second of it!
Shannon
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As an avid reader and a soccer lover this book was perfect for me!! I really enjoyed Silas and Miriam's story!! I would love even more of the two of them :) This book is a win for me!
Megan
Melissa Walker
Shelly Peterson
Sean Grant
Feb 27, 2020

• After the Blitz (The Inman Brothers, #1)
  • Trial of Thorns
  • Sorcery of Thorns
  • The Brave & The Broken (Gifted Fae Academy #2)
  • Meant To Be Mine
  • Tardy Bells and Witches' Spells (Womby's School for Wayward Witches, #1)
  • Trouble in Bayou Sabine
  • Forged Purity: The City of Eyes Book One
  • The North (Vampire Royals #4)
  • The Siege (Vampire Royals #5)
  • The Trials of Olympus
  • The Princess and The Pawn (The Raven and the Dove, #0.5)
  • The Raven and the Dove (The Raven and the Dove, #1)
  • The Pageant (Vampire Royals #1)
  • The Gala (Vampire Royals #2)
  • The Worst Best Man
  • Golden
  • Bad Bachelor (Bad Bachelors, #1)