Start by marking “Think Like a Rocket Scientist: Simple Strategies You Can Use to Make Giant Leaps in Work and Life” as Want to Read:

Named a "must read" by Susan Cain, "endlessly fascinating" by Daniel Pink, and "bursting with practical insights" by Adam Grant.

A former rocket scientist reveals the habits, ideas, and strategies that will empower you to turn the seemingly impossible into the possible.

Rocket science is often celebrated as the ultimate triumph of technology. But it's not. Rather, it's the
Expected publication: April 14th 2020 by PublicAffairs

To ask other readers questions about Think Like a Rocket Scientist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Think Like a Rocket Scientist

Start your review of Think Like a Rocket Scientist: Simple Strategies You Can Use to Make Giant Leaps in Work and Life
Shelly
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Think Like a Rocket Scientist: Simple Strategies You Can Use to Make Giant Leaps in Work and Life is written by a former “rocket scientist.” Given that scientific thought is simply a goal-directed process, author Ozan Varol shares strategies to approach and solve our life’s complexities. This is an interesting book, for sure, although I suspect I am not enough of a science Geek to truly appreciate much of the science references, which I subsequently found to be a bit distracting. For that ...more
Kathleen Marie
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is great in so many ways. Ozan is a great writer, so no boredom encountered while reading this book. And with all the examples from Ozan's career as a rocket scientist when the US was putting people and rovers into the universe, it has both science and history in it.

He then uses these examples to explain how each one of us can make strides to make better decisions and greater leaps in our own lives; leaps that are both far-reaching, yet pragmatic. It is this pragmatism that I find is
Christina Guthier
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ozan Varol took me on a joyful and horizon expanding trip to Mars. His writing is personal, precise, and full of practical advice. If you want to change the world, read this book and start shooting for your stars!
Nick Lauren
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Think Like a Rocket Scientist is a masterpiece of storytelling and actionable insights. It's compelling, captivating, and surprisingly informative (turns out thinking like a rocket scientist is useful for non-rocket scientists). Varol ties together diverse topics (actual rocket science, business, law, research/studies) to illustrate the concepts and bring them to life. He makes abstract and counter-intuitive concepts digestible through striking imagery. He pulls in quotations from optimal ...more
Mark Appoh
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ozan Varol's first book "Think Like a Rocket Scientist" coming out in April. Full of inspiring ideas, strategies and methods (not only) related to rocket science, it's one of the most mind-changing books I've ever read. Whether you're an entrepreneur, an artist, a teacher or a scientist: This book is going to rock the foundations of your thinking.
Kristen Stone
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
FUCKING INCREDIBLE to read Ozan's book. It is a masterpiece that will help the world grow. No matter the "outcome" this book, it changed the way I choose to approach the world.

This book utilizes stories, real-life experience, and humor to help reframe the common ways humans think. It offers new tools to help you see the world in a new light and learn to live outside the prison of your mind.
Crystal Hicks
I have already recommended this book in social media and signed up for Varol’s newsletter. The book is sharp and insightful, making Varol’s case clearly and effectively. I’ll be purchasing this book for my library’s collection and suggesting it to all my creative friends.
Alix Halloran
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you NetGalley and Public Affairs for the ARC of this book! I don't normally read self-help or business books, which is where I would categorize this book, but I really enjoyed this! The book is written by Ozan Varol, a former actual rocket scientist who worked on the Mars Rover. The book is divided into three sections: launch, accelerate, and achieve. I found the launch section about forming your ideas and overcoming uncertainty to be the most interesting, likely because of where I'm at in ...more
Philip Wong
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Most people would try to solve their problems using a black and white lens. Ozan Varol’s latest book Think Like A Rocket Scientist shows us how to use technicolour, mostly by reframing the question or asking better versions. That’s how one gets to the root cause of a problem and arrive at the correct solution. He uses real life stories to illustrate his argument. And they are very compelling ones.

So, if you are like most of us, wanting fewer frustrations in life, make sure you get this book and
Kyle
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Great read that helps you establish new thought processes and techniques to improve your productivity. There is a strong combination of real world examples, pop culture, and technical procedures to posit each idea. Ozan Varol provides a workbook with key points, questions, practice activities, and weekly emails for any reader that wants them. The additional resources certainly reinforces the ideas from the book and will assist the reader to gain a deeper understanding of the ideas.

I received an
Renukriti
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Its an engaging book with actionable insights. Ozan makes "Rocket science' really simple and offers ideas to expand your own universe. The book will push you to re-examine your own thinking process and you will be surprised to notice the changes it will trigger in your life.It will comfort you, stimulate you and will definitely change you. Simple language makes this book even more enticing.
Kathy Cowie
3.5 stars. To be reviewed in Global Business and Organizational Excellence.
Ozan
Meghann
Nov 10, 2019

• Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass
  • A Tale of Two Cities
  • Knot on Your Life (Yarn Retreat Mystery Book 7)
  • Things in Jars
  • Trump: The Art of the Deal
  • Mobituaries: Great Lives Worth Reliving
  • Doing Justice: A Prosecutor's Thoughts on Crime, Punishment, and the Rule of Law
  • Mayor Kane: My Life in Wrestling and Politics
  • The Ethical Sellout: Maintaining Your Integrity in the Age of Compromise
  • El reino de la oscuridad (El ejército negro, #2)
  • El reino de la luz (El ejército negro, #3)
  • El reino de los sueños (El ejército negro, #1)
  • The War on Normal People: The Truth About America's Disappearing Jobs and Why Universal Basic Income Is Our Future
  • Me, Who Dove into the Heart of the World
  • Point Taken: How to Write Like the World's Best Judges
  • Point Made: How to Write Like the Nation's Top Advocates
  • The Two Lives of Lydia Bird
  • El lector de Julio Verne  (Episodios de una guerra interminable #2)