Start by marking “Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me? (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #10)” as Want to Read:
Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me? (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #10)

Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me?

(Confessions of Georgia Nicolson #10)

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  11,098 Ratings  ·  537 Reviews
Ohmygiddygodspyjamas! The tenth marvy book in the Confessions of Georgia Nicolson is here! Get ready to laugh like a loon on loon tablets. It's the FINAL instalment of Georgia's fab and hilarious diary! Does Georgia escape the cakeshop of luuurve? Can there be more heartbreaknosity in store? Will the Sex God pop up again unexpectedly (oo-er)! And what about the supreme acc ...more
Published October 6th 2009 by HarperTeen (first published June 21st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me?

The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsTwilight by Stephenie MeyerI'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally CarterHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
Best Teen Girl Books
1,508 books — 2,213 voters
Spirit Bound by Richelle MeadHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickFallen by Lauren KateCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareCity of Glass by Cassandra Clare
Gotta Have 'Em
1,106 books — 1,918 voters

More lists with this book...

Zoë
Jul 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
SUCH a great conclusion to a hilarious series! I think it ended just a tad too abruptly, but it was the funniest, most heartwarming, and just all around the best of the series. DAVE THE LAUGH.
Emily May
Apr 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Ah, there's nothing like a bit of Georgia Nicholson silliness to cheer me up. I love that Louise Rennison's books are still funny the third time you read them, I could actually just sit here quoting awesomely hilarious lines to you instead of writing a review - I thought about it.

What should I say? These books never fail to make me laugh (sometimes out loud) and I'm only sad that this book is the end of the road for our Ace Gang, sex gods, luurve gods and (most importantly) our Hornmeister. Yes,
Tatiana
Apr 30, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who loves a good laugh and a good snog
I am not exactly sure what it says about me that I love these books so much. In fact, I would actually be embarrassed to try to convince many of my reading friends to even give them a go. What would I say - these are books about a 15-year English old girl who does a lot of stupid stuff, makes fun of her teachers and parents, and making out with fit boys is her main goal in life? Plus, some jokes are REALLY non-PC. First Georgia Nicholson book received a Printz Honor in 2001, but it would have ne ...more
Beth
So I've come to the end of the series from my teenage years.
I can honestly say I love this series, and it never fails to cheer me up!
I'm going to miss The Ace Crew, Dave the Laugh/Tart/Biscuit, Sven and Tom!

I'm away laughing on a fast camel!

nicole
Apr 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2009, lol, ya
HORRRRNNNN!!!

I struggle a bit with how to rate this one since (5 stars), I enjoyed every blessed moment of it. But (3-4 stars), as far as series FINALES go, it was over a bit too soon. I mean, you'd have to be extraordinarily dim to have not figured this ending out somewhere around book five, but still. I wanted to revel in the conclusion a bit more before I turned the page and found myself at the glossary. And, to be honest, I wanted something as gripping as Angus nearly dying in the last insta
Fiona
May 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I have an apology to make.

Dear man on the train. I am so sorry that I sniggered. I saw your face fall, and I know it appeared that I was sniggering at you, but honestly, I wasn't. I was sniggering at Georgia Nicholson. I would like to extend this apology to all the other people who suffered my laughter (and snorts, and silent shaking). On the train. Oh, and the bus.

I can be a book snob. I admit it. For someone whose MA is (and eventual PhD will be) in children's literature, you'd think I was mro
Heather
Oct 06, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Women of all ages who fancy a laugh and a tart
Recommended to Heather by: T
Shelves: 2009
I am full of sadnosity that this series has ended but…I lurved the ending! True to form, Georgia’s mad sham of a life is filled with hilariosity, ridiculousness, beards, lippy, half Scottish Wildcat fiasco’s and tarts and cakes galore. I’m so glad that Gee and Dave the Laugh finally got together, it was a long time coming, but they did the Bird of Avon proud. This book made me laugh, squee, sigh and then laugh again. Oh how I will miss these characters now that the series is over.

Also, I would l
Rachel Brand
Tijana
Nov 29, 2017 rated it liked it
"Dad started yelling uncontrollably. I wonder if he's having a male menopause? If he starts growing breasts, I will definitely be running away with the circus. Although to be fair, he would have a better chance of getting job with them."

So.
Georgia Nicholson is funny.
She was when I was fourteen and she still is now that I'm twenty-four.
Unfortunately, the story was bland and kept dragging on way too long.
(Maybe it did in the previous 9 books too, just that I was too young to be bothered by that?
Nagina Khan
Mar 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
So,Georgia Nicolson concludes her story.Epic read of the century for me,hilariousity-packed and so on.
First of all,feel free to call me utterly bonkers because I felt like crying when I finished.Maybe it was the boyfriend thing,but a major reason was merely that it ended.It feels like Georgia's story was my story or something.Or that she was a very close friend.In any case,I must be loony after all.Thing is,I was so absorbed in the story,and laughed my arse off at some parts of hilariosity and f
Elizabeth (Miss Eliza)
I'm glad this is the last book in the series. It's not that I don't love Georgia Nicholson, it's that this book felt a little stale. The jokes had happened one too many times, the situations and the rack of lurve, just were overplayed. But Louise Rennison gave us a good ending, the one many (including me)have been hoping for, and Georgia did mature enough to realize maybe she's still to young to be mature. Hard to believe but this series has been around for ten years, while in book only two year ...more
Lisa Johnson
Noooo. Nooooooooo.
I have finished this series and I am so so sad. These books are some of the funniest and loveliest I've read in my life. Even though the ending went a tiny bit too abruptly, it still was the ending I have been wanting for the whole of eight books!
Imo (Omnom Books)
Mar 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: issues, romance, ya
These books have entertained me for a good many years, and now we have finally come to the last one.
Georgia speaks in a refreshingly teenage-like tone, and instead of trying to make it more polite or more suitable for adults, Rennison has played up the angst ridden 'oh no my hair is pouffy it's the end of the world' narrative. The main character Georgia, is a great person and one i would have loved to have known back in school.
She seems to always be having a good time, and for many parts of the
Lexi Herondale
Dec 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
1. 15/12/2014 I loved this series so damn much. I could really relate to Georgia throughout the books; perhaps it was because we were of the same age and both had a crazy cat. The members of the Ace Gang were great and... I just can't believe it's over. I want more.
2. 1/22/2016 Second time rereading this series, at 16. I loved it just as much, maybe even a bit more. These characters will always hold a special place in my heart. Especially you, Dave the Laugh.
Krista Basilio
Let me just say that I love these books. I love Georgia and all her antics and her hilarious friends. I own all the books and I reread them regularly because they crack me up every time and are always a pick-me-up. That being said, I believe that Rennison really dropped the ball when it came to how this series ended. The thing about romantic comedies isn't the surprise ending. There's never any surprise. We like romantic comedies for the unfolding. We know who loves who from the start, but it's ...more
Bekka
Oct 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
There's just not enough Georgia/Dave. Not enough. NOT ENOUGH.

Ideally, Georgia and Masimo should have broken up in the last book and this book should have been all about Georgia and Dave getting their shit together.

I have way more feelings about this series that in strictly reasonable.
Laurie
Hahahahalalalalala... Oh how gorgie porgie this was! I for one would have a major case of the humpty dumpty if this wouldn't have ended so fantastico. And can I just say.... Dave the L may not be the sex god or the lurrrve god but he is without doubtnosity the vati! (oo-er) ;)
Sophie
Jun 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: signed, uk-author
The last instalment of Georgia Nicolson’s dairies is just as brilliant as the rest of them. I absolutely loved it!

‘Are these my basoomas I see before me?’ was so, so funny. I’d forgotten about Louise Rennison’s ability to make you laugh out loud. She writes the most absurd situations and has her characters have the strangest conversations that you’d burst if you didn’t at least giggle at. She is a comedy genius.

The characters each have distinctive personalities and compliment each other perfectl
Ellen
Sep 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kelsey
Sep 08, 2017 rated it liked it
And that, my dear pals, brings us to the end of Confessions of Georgia Nicolson. I'm sad, I'm happy, I want my own Dave the Laugh (minus his General Horn).

Honestly, I'll quite miss the Ace Gang, even if, sometimes, they are not so full of maturosity. They are only 15, though, so what do you expect?

Actually, I quite enjoyed watching Georgia grow up. She now opens up to her mom, found that she does love her vati, deep down, deep deep down, and she really does love ol' Swotty Knickers Jas, too. I'm
Jory P.
Nov 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
After being so busy this past week with babysitting my little brother, starting my new job, and being trapped inside a frozen tundra, I have finally finished Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me?. And I must say, I am very full of sadnosity that its all over. I am really going to miss Georgia, her crazy mates, her even crazier family, and her love life that quite frankly, I wish I had when I was 15. Minus the being on the rack of it all the time. But the mates all dying for her affections, that ...more
Christina
I laaaaaike it!

Masimo has got the Humpty Dumpty (in other words, pissed) due to Georgia twisting/dancing with Dave the Laugh and Georgia has resolved to eschew Dave the Laugh with a firm hand, though not doing a very good job at it.

*** Spoiler alert ***

Things are going swell with Masimo but soon after becoming the girlfriend of the Luuurve God (again), the Stiff Dylans are signed with a major management company who wants them to move to London. The pro, Robbie is free of Wet Lindsay. The con, G
Heidi The Hippie Reader
I loved this series. However, this book read a lot like the one in which the girls performed Macbeth.

That being said, the ending was good but predictable. Georgia's relationships with her friends are still enjoyable to read about and, of course, she ended up with the right guy, but that happened literally at the very end and we didn't get to read about the new relationship. All that build up and then, two pages, and the end. Oh well.

I'm very glad that I stumbled across this series but I feel tha
Maeve (Otherwordlybooks)
Oh man! That was a ride and a half! This series is so good and reminds me of school and being a teenager and making up stupid jokes and basically just nostalgia.

This was such a lovely book, it didn't leave out any of the hilarious hijinks over wrapping up the series. There was still beards, ad-hoc dancing and Sven and his Viking ways. Though I am sad that it's over and we wont get any new adventures of Georgia and The Ace Gang
I'm glad Georgia finally left the Italian Stallion for someone just as
Tina Rae
Feb 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Georgia fans
Recommended to Tina Rae by: Morgie
Shelves: favorites
Well, I literally almost cried when I finished this book. No more Georgia?! How will my life ever go on? I honestly loved this book but I felt it ended a bit too soon. I'd waited so long for the ending and I wanted to be able to experience it more. But it was just like *poof* it's over! Which made me quite sad. But in all, I think this one was the funniest book in the entire series and, probably, my favorite. Rom and Jul was the best thing ever!!!
Lucille
Oct 06, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, humour
Honestly, i think that she ended the series perfectly. During this book, I was literally laughing out loud... my dad was staring at me very strangely. I think that the jokes were funny, Georgia and the Ace gang were amazing, and Dave the Laugh is just the absolute most marvy thing since sliced bread :)
THE HILLS ARE ALIVE WITH THE SOUND OF PANTS :D
Becky
Sep 24, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya, lol, a-show, dear-diary
I loved this series, but it should have ended several books ago. It got way too repetitive. This book was more of the same Georgia antics, but with a fizzily ending. I do still love Dave the Laugh, though.
Jessica
Jan 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: youngadult
Auf Wiedersehn, my little pally! I am full of sadnosity that this was your last confession, yet also my heart is alive with the sound of PANTS that you have decided what to order from the Cakeshop of Luuuurve vis-a-vis the Luuurve God and Dave the Laugh fiasco.

HOOOOOORN!
Pip
Jul 09, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aw, more disappointing than I remember. Boo.
Anna
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(view spoiler)

So satisfying.
YA Buddy Readers'...: Georgia Nicholson Series by Louise Rennison 60 35 Mar 28, 2014 11:54PM
  • The Boy Book: A Study of Habits and Behaviors, Plus Techniques for Taming Them (Ruby Oliver, #2)
  • The Boyfriend Trick (First Kisses, #2)
  • Beauty and the Bully
  • Girl, Going on 17: Pants on Fire (Jess Jordan, #3)
  • Mates, Dates, and Great Escapes (Mates, Dates, #9)
  • The Life of Riley (Rachel Riley, #2)
  • The Ghosts of Ashbury High (Ashbury/Brookfield, #4)
  • The Real Real
  • Taking the Plunge (Electra Brown, #4)
  • Forever Princess (The Princess Diaries, #10)
  • Cubanita
Louise Rennison was the bestselling award-winning author of the phenomenally successful ‘Confessions of Georgia Nicolson’ series, translated into over 34 languages and to the stage and big screen as ‘Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging’. She has won the Nestle Smarties Book Prize, the Michael L. Printz Honor Book and the Roald Dahl Funny prize for ‘Withering Tights’. Louise sadly died on the Februa ...more

Confessions of Georgia Nicolson (10 books)
  • Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #1)
  • On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #2)
  • Knocked Out by My Nunga-Nungas (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #3)
  • Dancing in My Nuddy-Pants (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #4)
  • Away Laughing on a Fast Camel (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #5)
  • Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #6)
  • Startled by His Furry Shorts (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #7)
  • Love Is a Many Trousered Thing (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #8)
  • Stop in the Name of Pants! (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #9)

Young Adult Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • American Street
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Prisoner B-3087
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
  • The Luxe (Luxe, #1)
    $3.74 $0.99
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
  • The Thing About Jellyfish
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Inexplicable Logic of My Life
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wish
    $5.67 $2.99
  • The Rift Uprising (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Wednesday Wars
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Killing Ruby Rose (Ruby Rose #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Endangered (Ape Quartet, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Vanishing Girls
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
“He says we should take it easy and that maybe he overreacted a bit."

Dave said, "A bit? That's like Hitler saying, 'Oooh, I just meant to go for a little walk, but then I accidentally invaded Poland.”
168 likes
“If you fall down those stairs and break both of your legs, don't come running to me!” 93 likes