Start by marking “Sailor Moon, #3 (Sailor Moon, #3)” as Want to Read:
Sailor Moon, #3 (Sailor Moon, #3)

Sailor Moon, #3

(美少女戦士セーラームーン / Bishōjo Senshi Sailor Moon #3)

4.39  ·  Rating details ·  3,711 Ratings  ·  69 Reviews
One of the most-beloved of all Japanese manga titles, Naoko Takeuchi's Sailor Moon has enthralled millions of readers worldwide since its debut in book form in early 1992. When Usagi Tsukino adopts a stray cat, she gets more than she bargains for The talking cat, Luna, informs Usagi that she is actually Sailor Moon, a magical princess from the future and protector of the S ...more
Published January 1st 2003 by Tokyopop (first published April 6th 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Sailor Moon, #3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sailor Moon, #3

Lainey
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When I was eight, I was all good with these storylines, but at 24 I am realizing these storylines are only scratching the surface of what it could have been. I do feel like we're skimming the plot, but I get that graphic novels can't go too deeply into it.

*Disclaimer for this series: The nostalgia is so real. I'm reading the '98 English translation versions because that is what I grew up with. So as I re-read this, essentially all of them will be 5-star because 7 year old Lainey won't allow me t
Meli
Nov 26, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mangas
Tiene más acción que contenido este tomo.
Las escenas entre Mamo y Usagui, en especial los paralelismos con Serenity y Endymion, son todo, TANTO drama, tanta ternura. Solo por eso van las tres estrellitas.
seline ♡
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2015
4.5/5STARS!
although this one was filled with a ton of shit going down, (especially in that first act.) I found I to be a bit repetitive,(janine, you know what I'm talking about.) and the parts that were slow, (even though it was kind of needed, from all the shit going down, it dragged a little.)

What I did enjoy, was everything else. The characters, Everyone. They're all so fabulous. I love them all!! I'm excited to get to the next volumes soon!
AbigailHaleigh
Dec 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
I think this is as far as I'm going to go in the series for right now, there are certain story lines that I'm just not following and I really think I need to be able to watch it to understand. I'll have to set some time aside to watch the show and see if it becomes any easier to understand.
Sam Valladolid
3.5/5
Jade
Oct 22, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
This third volume of the Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon wraps up the Dark Kingdom arc in act fourteen, about halfway through the book. Finally having discovered the identity of Queen Beryl and what part she played in the war between the Moon Kingdom and the Earth all those years ago, the Sailor Senshi make ready to battle her on her own ground.

However, things are made infinitely more difficult for our heroine Usagi as she discovers that Tuxedo Mask, the young man she loves, has been brainwashed by
Jen
Aug 02, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Revisiting a childhood favorite... and not disappointed.

Life has kept me from concentrating on any heavy reading, so when I stumbled across my old copies of the Sailormoon manga in an old box, I happily began reading again. It's a personal nostalgic favorite, especially since I'm not a huge fan of manga/anime. Takeuchi's art has a lovely art nouveau feel to it that I've adored since I first came across it when I was in middle school.
Annie
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
La historia de Usagi y las Sailor Scout se pone mejor a cada tomo, sin lugar a dudas esté ha sido mi favorito, especialmente por que POR FIN aparece mi personaje favorito (ChibiUsa) y por que la historia de amor entre Mamo-chan y Usagi es taaaan bella que no puedo con esos dos, fangirleo al mil por ciento >.<
Chelsea Gouin
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
The Dark Kingdom arc is almost at a close by the end of this volume. The Scouts travel to their home Kingdom on the Moon to learn their pasts and meet the hologram of Queen Serenity and retrieve the stone sword needed to vanquish the Darkness. Bunny is having some difficulties though when faced with the task of saving Endymion as he's been posessed by Kunzite. The strength of their love however helps Bunny find the resolve she needs to vanquish the evil Queen once and for all.
This is definitely
Jessica
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m rating this 5/5 not for the intricate story line (not applicable for these series as they were written for young girls in the early 90’s) but for the absolutely gorgeous graphics/art work. I find myself staring at just how adorable, gorgeous, creative & talented it all is.
These mangas are perfect for young girls who have to fight their way through this male dominated world!

So, this particular book resonated the importance of womankind friendships. How when the going gets tough our frie
Desiree Rowland
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book a lot. But, this book left me hanging there. I don't want to spoil so, I will not say some things about this book. This book can also work on character development more. I feel like it focuses on one character. Which is sailor moon but, the name of the series is Sailor Moon.
Maud
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I see some obvious flaws in these chapters, too much storytelling in too little space, but after learning this whole series was thought up and drawn by a 14 year old and has inspired so many people at a young age (including me) I just see past most of them.
El Panteón del Libro
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Al principio empieza muy lento, y se hace un poco pesado, pero cuando llega al nudo, la cosa se pone realmente interesante y te engancha sin que te des cuenta y el final es apoteósico y te deja con la miel en los labios. ¡Deseando empezar el 4º! :D
Cath

good book
Rosalynd
Jun 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Evelyn
The storylines from act 15 and 16 were a bit confusing.
Probably still going to continue the series.
WindyBarcodes
Sep 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Any fan
Recommended to WindyBarcodes by: no one
The only problem is the translation

morph = transform
Bunny = Usagi

thats all
Alissa Burden
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm blowing through these. I just love them so much.
Isabel Ann
Jan 18, 2017 rated it liked it
I have a weakness for shoujo manga.
Caroline Fallon
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Remember watching the TV series and movie when was a kid....god the 90's were awesome!
But first time reading the manga comics :)
Lauren
Apr 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Story: Who does not love/want to be a young girl that one day out of the blue discovers you have magical powers and are going to fight the forces of evil to help the world? I know I certainly did! Serena, a somewhat whiny and dim witted girl is able to transform herself into Sailor Moon and along with the help of her friends is able to fight Queen Beryl and the rest of the goons. She also sparks up a love interest with Darien, a much older and smarter guy who seems miles out of her league! There ...more
Lavinyaa Pash
May 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, manga, read-2014
It's the continuation of my adventure into manga world.
I've been into anime and manga my whole life, but only this year I really got interested into reading manga.

Mangas are books too.
The difference is that the story is told with images and that you can finish +3 manga volumes if you want in one single days. A manga volume has around 200 pages, but it can always vary, though it is extraordinarily rare to find one with 180 pages or with more than 240 pages. Anyway, if you want you can read a lot
Marchel
Sep 11, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Note:
Buku yang kupunya adalah cetakan ketiga April 1995.

(view spoiler)
Beatriz
Aug 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childhood
Lo que más me ha gustado de este tomo es que la historia se desvía aún más del anime, no porque no me guste ésta sino porque así es como leer una historia totalmente nueva. La del anime se basaba más en la amistad entre las chicas, mientras que aquí se resalta más las historia de amor (ambas me parecen bien, cuantas más historias de Sailor Moon pueda leer mejor XD).

Lo único malo por lo que nunca le daré 5 estrellas a esta edición del anime es la pésima traducción y edición. A lo mejor a principi
Shelby
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
SO INTENSE. SO AMAZING.

I love how Usagi is transitioning from a frightened little girl to a strong, capable Sailor Soldier. She becomes empowered by the confidence her allies and Tuxedo Mask have in her and uses it to reach her full potential. It's so fun to follow her along on this journey, and makes the reading experience that much more inclusive. I feel Usagi's pan and sorrow, but am also able to laugh with her and silently cheer her on.

Looking forward to finishing up the the Dark Kingdom Arc
Julie
Dec 12, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: shoujo fans
Recommended to Julie by: watched the anime
One of my all-time favorite series. The gateway series to getting me into anime and manga! The artwork impressed me so much, and the story was fun. It is still one of my favorites both because it's well-done, and for nostagia reasons.

This is the version that came out during the middle age of manga: before they stopped flipping the artwork, but right as TokyoPop was starting to emerge, and the volumes got cheaper. Unfortunately you could see it in the quality, as there were a lot of typos and som
Wrenaria
May 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels, manga
Our heroine spends much of this book in turmoil and trauma as we launch into battle with the enemy. Having to fight the love of her life now turned evil and watching her friends suffer is more than Sailor Moon can bear. Book three is filled with action and drama. It also contains my absolute favorite drawing of Usagi/Bunny and Luna - hugging Luna after getting up; "I'm sorry Luna. I love you. I'll get up." Adorable.
Jonathan
Aug 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-reads
The artwork is fantastic. I'm so glad I finally got my hands on copies of the original Manga work from Takeuchi. (Thanks to my friend, Ashley!) It's so cute that in her notes there is a little bit of a language barrier. Which just gives her more character in my mind. I really love Darien/Tuxedo Mask's original name, Endymion. Ugh, it's just right. This particular book actually had me in tears. ^,__ ^
Daniela
Feb 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Como no podía ser de otra forma, cada tomo se pone cada vez mejor que el anterior. Es una lástima que termine justo en la mejor parte, y a pesar de que me encantaría seguir leyendo y leyendo, tengo que ir a dormir en algun momento.

Una de las cosas que siempre me gustaron, fue la historia de la Luna, la antigua vida de Serena y Endimion, y como Serena a pesar del miedo y de su lloriqueo siempre hacía todo lo que podía por salvar todos.
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 6 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #6)
  • Fushigi Yûgi: The Mysterious Play, Vol. 5: Rival
  • Revolutionary Girl Utena, Vol. 5: To Blossom
  • Paradise Kiss, Vol. 5 (Paradise Kiss, #5)
Naoko Takeuchi (武内 直子, Takeuchi Naoko) born March 15, 1967, a manga artist (mangaka), lives in Tokyo, Japan. Takeuchi's works have a wide following among anime/manga fans. She has become a well-known mangaka worldwide. Her most popular work, Sailor Moon, rose to become one of the most recognized manga/anime figures to date.

Takeuchi is married to Yoshihiro Togashi, the author of the YuYu Hakusho se

美少女戦士セーラームーン / Bishōjo Senshi Sailor Moon (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Sailor Moon, Vol. 1 (Sailor Moon, #1)
  • Sailor Moon, #2 (Sailor Moon, #2)
  • Sailor Moon, #4 (Sailor Moon, #4)
  • Sailor Moon, #5 (Sailor Moon, #5)
  • Sailor Moon, #6 (Sailor Moon, #6)
  • Sailor Moon, #7 (Sailor Moon, #7)
  • Sailor Moon, #8 (Sailor Moon, #8)
  • Sailor Moon, #9 (Sailor Moon, #9)
  • Sailor Moon, #10 (Sailor Moon, #10)
  • Sailor Moon, #11 (Sailor Moon, #11)