Start by marking “Agatha Arch Is Afraid of Everything” as Want to Read:
Agatha Arch Is Afraid of Everything

Agatha Arch Is Afraid of Everything

A quirky, nervous wreck of a New England mom is forced to face her many fears in this touching, irresistible novel from author Kristin Bair.

Agatha Arch's life shatters when she discovers her husband in their backyard shed, in flagrante delicto, giving the local dog walker some heavy petting. Suddenly, Agatha finds herself face to face with everything that frightens her
Paperback
Expected publication: November 10th 2020 by Alcove Press

To ask other readers questions about Agatha Arch Is Afraid of Everything, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Agatha Arch Is Afraid of Everything

Start your review of Agatha Arch Is Afraid of Everything
Lesley Kagen
Jul 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Funny and charming with a touch of melancholy. Wonderful.
Jessica Strawser
May 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you were a fan of Where'd You Go, Bernadette, you're going to love Agatha Arch. From the very first page, her voice is a breath of fresh air, fears and all: Even as she reels from life-altering betrayal, our unlikely heroine had me laughing, cheering her on, and hanging on her every word. A highly satisfying read, sure to be one of my favorites of the year.
J Earl
Aug 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Agatha Arch Is Afraid of Everything by Kristin Bair is an offbeat novel that relies on the anxieties and dialogue, often internal, of the protagonist. I had my questioning moments while reading but ultimately found it both fun and even thought-provoking in many ways.

Agatha would not, in real life, be an easy person to like or even have any dealings with. But fiction is full of these characters because they offer things a "likeable" or "sane" character can't. From some amazingly narrow ideas (usu
Jul 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received the ARC of this book through NetGalley and Alcove Press and I would like to thank them for this charming book. Agatha Arch is about as quirky of a character as you can get. She is afraid of everything it seems, from beans to anthrax and over reacts to any encounter with the things she is afraid of. When she finds her husband having sex with the dog walker (they don’t even have a dog) in the shed in their backyard she completely loses control and destroys the shed with a hatchet. Then ...more
Rachel Mans McKenny
Jul 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Yessss. This book hit all of my buttons. Social media, an intriguing main character, lots of intersecting lives.... wonderful.
Alexanderia
Jul 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Agatha has been compared to the likes of Bernadette and it's not far off. The book follows Agatha who has some pretty strange fears, an outspoken tendency in her fb mom's group, and unwritten novel looming over her head. She also has the little incident with her husband that sets the story in motion. "Agatha Arch is Afraid of Everything" is a light, funny, and quick read that will have you laughing out loud and talking about her facebook mom's group long after the last page.
(a)lyss(a)
Jul 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received this book through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I was surprised and delighted by how much I enjoyed this book!

I found myself drawn into Agatha's world, from her destroyed shed to her cutsey nickname for her therapist and the moms she follows on Facebook almost immediately. To be clear Agatha is not particularly likable in the beginning or even by the middle. But the story is so fascinating!

Agatha Arch is truly afraid of everything - even beans. Which leads her to jump to
Monica Villas Boas
Sep 02, 2020 rated it liked it
⁣ 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐀 𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐇 𝐈𝐒 𝐀𝐅𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐄𝗪⁣⁣
𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫: Kristin Bair⁣⁣
𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫: November, 2020⁣⁣
⁣⁣
𝐒𝐲𝐧𝐨𝐩𝐬𝐢𝐬:⁣⁣
Agatha is a peculiar person… she’s a writer, married and has two kids, but she is afraid of everything! One day, she finds out her husband is cheating on her and her life goes downhill from there! Will she face her fears and rise above all that?⁣⁣
⁣⁣
𝐑𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰:⁣⁣
𝘗𝘭𝘰𝘵: it was quite original for me! Agatha is afraid of so many things but she tries to overcome her fears in a way that was funny and easy
Rosemond Cates
Sep 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Snarky and fun! The main character is neurotic and witty. Really enjoyed this quick read!
momof3
Aug 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
When I first started reading this book, it seemed like it was going to be a funny, irreverent story by a woman who just discovered her husband was cheating on her. Well it was, but then I began to feel as if it slowed up a bit and I wasn’t sure if I wanted to finish it. But I am so glad I did. It picked up again and I really got into the story and yes, it is a very funny and irreverent one. The main character, Agatha Arch, goes a bit crazy when her husband leaves her for another woman in the nei ...more
Riya Reads
Aug 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Gorgeous book cover, a quirky and weird protagonist , I dived right in.

This book has been low key compared with Where' did you go Bernadette and I must say the premise and story does rub off in that way.
Agatha Arch is the unpopular New England mom who becomes the subject of mockery and ridicule of other moms. She is not ordinary in any way and has a fear of "Beans" because she had seen a movie where the serial killer would eat beans after killing his victims in a gruesome way.
The story starts
Caren Johnson
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was ok
Agatha Arch is the title character and it's through her eyes that we experience the whole book. Agatha's husband Dax has cheated on her with a nearby dog walker and Agatha is pissed. Totally normal--I think anyone would be furious with that kind of betrayal. But as you get to learn more about Agatha, you realize that she probably had it coming.

Agatha spends a lot of the book lashing out at everyone. She hates the moms Facebook group she's in (despite her being a mom and just as annoying as they
AngryGreyCat
Jul 16, 2020 rated it it was ok
I received a free ebook of this title from NetGalley in exchange for a fair review.

Agatha Arch is Afraid of Everything was compared to Where'd You Go Bernadette, a book which I did enjoy and so I requested this from NetGalley.  However, I found this to be not in the same vein as Bernadette.  Agatha comes across as seriously mentally ill, somewhere along the lines of Borderline Personality Disorder, and in need of some significant treatment (more than her therapist casually suggesting that perhap
Sveva
Aug 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Thank you to NetGalley for providing me with an eARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I really liked the concept of the book, it's a light hearted contemporary novel. Agatha is quirky, funny, anxious and you can't help but to feel bad for her. There's mixture of Agatha’s thoughts and what she actually says, sometimes it feels like she's rambling.
I really liked this book in the beginning, Agatha is such an interesting, relatable person and there were various laugh-out-loud moments,
Chris Markley
Sep 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Agatha has fears and when one of her biggest fears actually happens she reacts with a hatchet.As Agatha becomes consumed by her fears she loses herself. Channeling Bear Gryllis and with help from unexpected sources Agatha faces her fears. A story that makes you laugh, and say "oh, Agatha", and start to think about how you face your fears.

Thanks to the publishers and NetGalley for providing an arc for my honest review
Sheri
Jul 12, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: women-s-fiction
When I read the excerpt for this book, I liked what it read and decided to give it a try. Sadly, I couldn't connect with the main character or the plot. It reads as too young for me, and is filled with paranoia, angst and a lot of social media. This book was just not for me. I believe the target audience is for women under 40.

I would like to thank Alcove Press and Netgalley for the opportunity to this book and exchange for a fair and honest review.
Michelle
Jul 10, 2020 rated it did not like it
Sadly this one didn't hit the mark for me and I found many parts to be annoying. To be fair, I'm probably not the intended demographic though.

Kindly received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Catherine Wallace Hope
Jul 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such a pleasure! Definitely recommend!
Kristin O'Keeffe
Aug 14, 2020
Colleen Oakley
Jul 08, 2020
Rebecca
rated it did not like it
Jul 10, 2020

• The Mermaid from Jeju: A Novel
  • The Last Piece
  • Love Your Life
  • Silent Night
  • The Broken Hearts Honeymoon: A feel-good tale that will transport you to the cherry blossoms of Tokyo
  • One by One