Start by marking “Deception (Dark Road #7)” as Want to Read:
Deception (Dark Road #7)

Deception

(Dark Road #7)

Are there any decent people left?

Having reached his kids in Maryland, Ben is faced with the challenge of crossing the country once more and getting everyone safely home to Colorado.

The struggle to survive is the only constant in their otherwise unpredictable lives. With each passing day, Ben becomes increasingly cynical about the state of mankind and worries that the
Kindle Edition
Published March 12th 2020 by Wordstream Books

To ask other readers questions about Deception, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deception

Start your review of Deception (Dark Road #7)
Lynn Hallbrooks
When lives are on the line, you can't let your guard down.

Things to know: There is some violence. Each book builds upon the previous one, as this is the seventh book, I recommend reading them all in order.

The experiences that Ben and his family/friends have had in the past may not prepare them for what lies in store for them. Will they be able to adapt and overcome?

Each of the books in the series have been fraught with dangers but what happens in this one caught me by surprise and kept me
Michael D. Hansen
Apr 13, 2020 rated it liked it
Really....

....Kind of disappointed in this book. First 90% of it, it was like a family vacation across America. Then the last 10% it really got interesting but now we have to wait for the next book. This book was made longer by repeating a lot of things and a lot of talk about how far they want to get during the day!!!! The entire series has been 5 Star except for this book. Not sure if I'm willing to risk purchasing the next book or not, or even another book from this author!!!!!!
Amy
Sep 07, 2020 rated it liked it
Jim Murphy
May 18, 2020 rated it did not like it
Done with this series

Book six was bad enough. That one was pretty much a whole book about the family hanging out at their grandfather's house and then I read this one and now I'm just done. I get a whole book of nothing, and then in the last few pages something finally happens and then it doesn't get resolved. Really. I get a cliffhanger after reading a book about them driving cross country. Done. Done. Done.
Christopher Cochran
May 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Strong Series

My only complaint is that they are so short. Especially with the wait between books. I really do like the characters though and everything has been pretty realistic so far. Looking forward to the next one but hope he can expand just a bit more so that we can at least keep the momentum. Ill go check out his other series while I wait.
Tracey Mccall
Apr 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding

An amazing addition to the series! Loved it. I'm thrilled that Ben, Joel and the others are finally on the way home to Colorado. Brilliant writing again , I am looking forward to the next book. Will they mAke it out of this situation. I need more
Patricia King
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

Love this series. Will the family escape this trap and continue their way home? The US has been mostly destroyed due to nuclear weapons and a man struggled to get his children home.
Kim Messer
May 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love this series

I like the reality of this series. It doesnt involve anything that couldnt happen in real life - no zombies or other weird creatures. The only part I hate is waiting for the next book!
April S. Vescuso
Apr 25, 2020 rated it it was ok
Disappointed

I usually love your books Bruno, but I was disappointed with this one. There really wasn't much of a story to it. They left Jack's and they got caught by bandits. The end. Maybe the next one will be better. I hope so.
Susan
May 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Review

An interesting book with an unexpected ending. Ben seems to go into long introspective mental side trips when he should be paying attention especially with all the dangers around his family.
Alisa
Apr 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
***spoiler alert***

Yes it ends in a cliffhanger, but if you're to book 7 in the series you know that happens a lot. Even though there's a cliffhanger it's an excellent installment in the series. And I'm very curious about the crazy animals and their colorful mouth liquids.
Lana Mccall
Mar 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
I hate cliffhangers

Ben, his children along with friend Sandy and her daughter are on their way back across the country are the has been attacked and this is a journal as they travel. The exciting part is the end of the book. I hate cliffhangers.
Beverly Kee
Jun 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a incredibly awesome book!

Loved this book, wish it was longer though and didn't end with a huge cliffhanger! Can't wait for the next one in this series! Pins and needles to see how they get away!
Phyllis Ramsey
May 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Feeling the family

I would recommend the book to all my friends. The head of the family is a strong man that would do anything to get his family back to Colorado and safety. Enjoyed every part of the story and looking forward to the next book!
bobi sherrill
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love it

Love this writer, he is great. Love how he makes it so real, cant wait for the next book in this series.
Angelo
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Awaiting next installment

High energy, world changing story. Quite appropriate and eerily current time scenarios... buckle up boyos its getting hungry out there!
Amanda
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Omg!

Can you say cliff hanger!! Seriously awesome series! What are they going to do to get outta this one?! Hurry with the next book please!!!!
HOLLY CLAGHORN
Apr 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished-reading
Was hoping for more action instead of the last few chapters of the book. It was also supposed to be the final book but it just continues.
Gwendolyn Cummings
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great

Most of the story is without a dough great it does tend to be drawn out by Ben's thoughts. But should read.
Bernie
Apr 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Deception review

Deception is the seventh exciting post apocalyptic EMP survival book in the Dark Road series written by author Bruno Miller.
James L Pagano
Oct 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lethal

Ben and the other survivors are going to get out. Joel is going to get his revenge and kick ass. The other survivors of this crowd are going to get their revenge also.
Amy Lea  Miller
May 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
A bit slow

This was my least favorite book in the series. I was thinking there would be a little more action. I will continue reading the series
Lois Sibell
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Like the series, but why such short books, annoying, would like a complete story. But will continue getting books as I want to see how it ends.
Lowell Moore
May 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good Book

Well written and worthy of your time to read it. Bruno writes in a common, every day language that is folksy.
Gerri
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

I hate cliff hanger endings! Another good installment on this series of cliff hangers? Cant wait for the next installment.
David Peters
May 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Very good reading. Violence in the book is at a low level. The book kept my interest.
Pam Shelton-Anderson
First, there are quite a few errors in grammar and word usage. There is also a brief right-wing rant about the freeloaders of society before the event . I have generally like Ben and his group, but these books are incredibly short and this one seems to have been predominantly about a lot of personal introspection for Ben and Joel and revisiting a lot of the past occurrences. It became repetitive and rather boring. If you are going to write such very, very short books, please don't rehash the ...more
dale
May 06, 2020
Barbara Lombardi
Sep 17, 2020
Dallas
Mar 20, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Storm's Fury (Storm's Fury #1)
  • Wind Shear (Storm's Fury #2)
  • Seeking Refuge (Gateway to Chaos #2)
  • Present Danger (Storm's Fury, #3)
  • As Our World Burns (Cyber Apocalypse #3)
  • As Our World Falls (Cyber Apocalypse #2)
  • Burning Down Boise (The Way of Dan #1)
  • Unprepared (The Scourge #1)
  • Powerless World (Survive the Fall #1)
  • Fight the Darkness (Constant Danger #1)
  • Jaws of Death (Storm's Fury #4)
  • Overfall (Broken Tide #1)
  • Chaos Erupts: A Post-Apocalyptic EMP Survival Thriller (Outlaws of the Midwest Book 1)
  • Brutal Business (The Mad Mick #3)
  • EMP Shelter In Place
  • Fire From the Sky: Brimstone
  • Edge of Anarchy (Edge of Collapse #4)
  • Northern Sun: Book Four in The Mad Mick Series

Dark Road (7 books)
  • Breakdown (Dark Road #1)
  • Escape (Dark Road #2)
  • Resistance (Dark Road #3)
  • Fallout (Dark Road #4)
  • Extraction (Dark Road #5)
  • Reckoning (Dark Road #6)

News & Interviews