Start by marking “West of Sin” as Want to Read:
West of Sin

West of Sin

Jennifer Williams hoped her budding relationship with her newly single boss would make this year’s real estate conference bearable. Then she caught her boss in bed with a coworker and sped off into the desert, leaving the conference, the hotel, and the Las Vegas Strip in her rearview mirror.

Lost and alone, she stops for directions at a small-town truck stop and disrupts a
Published February 4th 2020 by Red Granite Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about West of Sin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about West of Sin

Start your review of West of Sin
Whispering Stories
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book Reviewed on www.whisperingstories.com

A good opening chapter tells us the main character Jennifer Williams is hurt and angry and so she has run away from her works conference stumbling into a whole lot of worst trouble, the type of trouble she could never have envisaged!

The book is packed full of everything you would want in a good thriller starting with an excellent opening chapter that invites the reader in with its excitement, drama, action, intrigue, and much more.

At first Jennifer Willi
Heather  Lou Reads
May 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
*I was sent this book for an honest review by the author. Thank you so much!*

Jennifer Williams runs away after finding her boss, whom she is in love with, in bed with another woman. She decides to leave Las Vegas in her bosses rental car and head west to escape her heart break. When she stops at a gas station just outside of Las Vegas, she and one other customer encounter a robbery in progress. Matt Crocker is a man who is trying to forget the heartache from his past. When he sees Jennifer is di
Noriko
Mar 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller
West of Sin, a debut novel from Wesley S. Lewis. I didn't know exactly what to expect when I got a review request from the author, but this book turned out to be a glorious, suspenseful action-packed book that kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time.

I finished this book in just two sittings; that illustrates how wrapped up I was in the story and couldn't put it down.
The story kicks off with Jennifer, the heroine running away in tears from the heart-breaking betrayal from her soon-to-be-
thewoollygeek (tea, cake, crochet & books)
A fun read, not too complex or confusing, just a great action, mystery and romance filled story. The characters are realistic and the paving was good, a little slow at the offset but it soon picks up. Good twists and turns, keeps you interested , my first read by Wesley but won’t be my last.

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest opinion
Ilia-Renee
Jan 23, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 ⭐️
I want to say thank you to the author for sending me this book for an honest review. The storyline for this book is interesting and has potential. However, I wasn’t invested into the story and I think it lacked the excitement factor. Although, there are moments of suspense I think it took quite a while for the story to build up. I would recommend this if you’re interested. The writing style and characters are very well written. In some aspects the author knows how to tell a story. But for
Cathy Geha
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
West of Sin by Wesley S. Lewis

Excellent debut novel that had me on the edge of my seat from beginning to end. I expect a successful for this author as books continue to be written and published and this author grows in strength. I will gladly read more in the future if the stories are as good as this one.

What I liked:
* The main characters were not young but mature and had life experiences behind them. They were intelligent and thought things through while never giving up.
* Jennifer Williams ma
Sheila Lord
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, for a first novel it gets 5 stars, it held my attention from the first page.....great characters, and just an all around great story with some twists and turns along the way......loved it!
Helois
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
1. I finished this book in one day
2. good storytelling, keeps you on the edge of your seat
3. interesting, flawed and relateable characters

That being said, the story is a little slow to get started and the blurb and cover are a little misleading. I'm ok with the story starting out slow here because it picks up and keeps going, like an in your face over the top action movie, which was presentably surprising as I thought it was going to be an over the top sex and romance story.. and while there i
LianaReads blog
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
The story starts at a slow-paced but it picks up very quickly and it makes it for a one-sitting read. I got invested in the book overall, it has a bit of everything from the great characters and their relationship, along with their romance and time together as the cover will imply, there’s a lot of fast-paced action then and a few twists and turns that will keep you on the edge.
I’d say romantic suspense very well done and will definitely recommend it.
Teresa Collins
Dec 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a thoroughly enjoyable book. The characters are believable, realistic, and easy to relate to. There is plenty of action, although not a lot of suspense, to keep the reader engaged to see what's next. It is your typical (to a certain extent) romantic thriller in that the female lead meets the male lead and one thing leads to another. I usually avoid romance and romantic suspense because I prefer my mysteries & thrillers to focus on the mystery and thrills. This book didn't do too badly in ...more
Jordyn Roesler
Jun 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was such a pleasant surprise! It doesn’t immediately sound like something I’d love, but once I started reading I didn’t want to stop. It’s much more straight-up action (think Ocean’s-Eleven-heist-type book) than mystery/thriller, and I think what made it work for me were the characters. They were lovable (or hatable) and the author did a great job distinguishing everyone within a pretty large cast of characters.

I was impressed when I realized what felt like should have been the climax
Lori S
Feb 24, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
First of all I'd like to thank Books Go Social for sharing an ARC of this book in exchange for my review.

We start out with Jennifer in Las Vegas for a work conference. She's particularly keen because this is supposed to be the time for her to finally make a connection with her boss (whose marriage ended a year ago). Everything is set for her but then she finds him in bed with her co-worker and she runs away from the hotel and the conference. She thinks life can't get much worse but then she get
MarylineD
Aug 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well written, easy to read and follow, the story flows at a good pace.
Good thriller.

Beautiful cover.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for the ARC of this book.

This is my honest review. All opinions are my own.
patrick Lorelli
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery-thriller
A book that will keep you interested from the first page until the last. Jennifer Williams is in Vegas with her company for a convention but also wanting more from her job and her boss. When she thinks her boss is not giving her the time she needs she decides to go for a drive. The problem is she is not from Vegas, has no idea where she is going. She ends up on a small two-lane road and stopping at a service station convince store. Her day becomes worse here and when she returns to her hotel roo ...more
Boundless Book Reviews
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
While on a business trip in Las Vegas. Jennifer catches her boss, who also happens to be her lover, in a tryst with another coworker. All she cares about is leaving, so she does. Down the road, she finds herself caught up in a robbery. Saved by a man known to her as Crocker, she soon finds herself in a whole lot more trouble than just a failed relationship and a simple robbery. She finds herself in danger.

I had no complaints about this book. It was written very well and in a manner that keeps yo
Shannon
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this page-turning thriller by Wesley Lewis. The exceptional writing, character development, and plot twists kept me engaged to the very end. It's clear the author put a lot of research and attention to detail into writing this book. Can't wait to see what he has in store for the next novel! ...more
Sharon Grow
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Bryan led her to believe that after his divorce that they had a future, but Jennifer Williams finds him in a compromising position with her friend. Upset, she flees the hotel and ends up lost. Stopping at a gas station, she steps right in to the middle of an armed robbery. She is saved by Matt Crocker, a fire arms instructor, who takes down the three robbers. When the police arrive, Crocker realizes that they may have become involved in a much more dangerous situation than the robbery of a gas s ...more
T Olsen
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well written and easy to read book with great characters and really full of action, this is great entertainment.
Christine
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
An Adrenaline fueled thrill-ride!
My full review can be found at: http://bit.ly/2TKgpMI
Aimee Lou
I'm setting this aside for now. As much as I wanted to like this book, it just did not appeal to me. I want to thank the author for sending me a copy. I greatly appreciate the opportunity to get to read upcoming books. This is due out on Feb. 4, 2020. If it's something that looks interesting to you, definitely give it a go. I really liked the characters and I thought the writing was good. I just wasn't into the story. ...more
Kay Mcleer
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, it had everything I was looking for in a mystery novel and I also really liked the characters and the way they were written. I hope to read more from the author as I really enjoyed this one.
Janice Lombardo
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
West of Sin is a superb read!

The plot is fast and quite interesting. I was hooked into the characters almost from the start of this Mystery/Suspense action-packed story.

Jennifer has waited a year for her boss, Bryan, to get a divorce. She knows that when he does they can be together. But - things happen on a drunken evening at the Las Vegas hotel Bryan's real estate company is staying at.. Impulse moves by a few of the real estate group send the reader on a superbly written journey!

A MUST READ!

M
Danae
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book because for once a male author did not write a female character as a woman with bouncing boobs and a big ass. The characters felt like everyday people that you would meet on the street and I loved every moment of this book. Everything felt so flawless although I'm slightly concerned that she keeps seeing Ashley naked with a strong man's hands on her waist. This is a book that embraces girl power and is not ashamed of it.
Definitely a reread.

5 out of 5 stars.
Check out my blog to s
Karen Roma
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
West of Sin may be my first read by Wesley S. Lewis (and his debut novel), but it won't be my last, as the story was an unexpected pleasure. This book has romance, humour, mystery and a little darkness too. There is a lot going on and many characters to keep track of, but well worth the read and thoroughly entertaining. I’m happy to recommend this book and readers who take the chance won’t be disappointed. ...more
Laurie Tell
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun, romantic romp. It was not what I expected at all! It was funny, it had a mystery, and it kind of read like a dark film noir. I did have trouble at times keeping up with all of the characters. But I was drawn into the story and enjoyed it!

Thank you to The publisher and net galley for the ARC which did not impact my review.
Audrey Ziebol
anna marais
Dec 27, 2020
Teresa Collins
Dec 29, 2020

• Bitter Falls (Stillhouse Lake #4)
  • Past Deeds (Brandon Fisher FBI #8)
  • Bite the Dust (A Low Country Dog Walker Mystery)
  • Deadly Fun (Mapleton Mystery #9)
  • Diver's Paradise
  • All We Buried (Sheriff Bet Rivers #1)
  • Cross Her Heart (Bree Taggert, #1)
  • Two Lives
  • Children of Virtue and Vengeance (Legacy of Orïsha, #2)
  • Clap When You Land
  • The Names of the Dead
  • A Cold Trail (Tracy Crosswhite, #7)
  • All Boys Aren't Blue
  • Finding J. Hubbard
  • The Almost Good Witch (Malibu Magic #1)
  • Dear Edward