Start by marking “Rustic Hearts (Poplar Falls, #1)” as Want to Read:
Rustic Hearts (Poplar Falls, #1)

Rustic Hearts

(Poplar Falls #1)

The last place Sophia Lancaster wanted to return to was Poplar Falls. It’s the place that holds all the painful memories and unanswered questions she’s ever had. One phone call causes her life to take a turn, forcing her back to the town she hasn’t stepped foot in over twenty years.

And right into the path of Braxton Young.

His blue eyes, sinful smile, and rough exterior
Published September 16th 2019 by Amber Kelly, LLC (first published September 6th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Rustic Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rustic Hearts

Start your review of Rustic Hearts (Poplar Falls, #1)
Christy
“Sometimes, a love so big comes along, and even if you only get to hold on to it for a little while, it can fill you up for a lifetime.”

This was my first Amber Kelly book and I loved it so much! It was the perfect sweet small town romance and exactly the kind of book I was in the mood for.

Sophie is a NYC girl who hasn’t been back to her home town since she was 12. It’s been around 20 years and she’s settled in the city, but getting a call from one of her aunts brings her
Syndi
Apr 15, 2020 rated it liked it
This is OK read. My first book by Miss Kelly. I do love small town romance. Rustic Hearts have all the right ingredients for that small town romance. The small town vibe, the heroine who came back from big city and a hero who is just down to earth and homey.

The story is flat. I keep waiting and waiting for that something to pick up. But it does not. The story itself is min angst and no drama. There is a great detail of farming day to day life. It feels like I am reading a tour guide of farm life
Melanie (mells_view)
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it

Sophie and Brax own my soul right now. Sophie goes back to her hometown, because unfortunately her grandma passed away. Thing is she hasn’t been back home in twenty years, because of... well, circumstances. Brax is someone she planned to hate. She planned to go back to pay her respects, see some family, and get back to her life in New York. Would this be any kind
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: September 16, 2019
Actual Rating: 5 stars

Small Town | Enemies-to-Lovers | Sweet Romance

Have you ever read a book that made you fall so hopelessly in love that you wanted to live in it's world? THIS is THAT book for me. Amber Kelly is a new to me author and I am so thankful to have found this gem of a book. It's a sweet story, one that delivers in small town charm, with an exceptional set of character (including the secondary characters), and I just want to read it all over aga
Shelby
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When Sophie was 12-years old, her mom packed up their life and moved them to NYC, leaving behind her entire world in Poplar Falls and the most important man in her life, her dad. Sophie held out hope that her dad would come after her, but not long after their move, Jefferson remarried and decided to raise his new wife's orphaned niece and nephew. Sophie felt betrayed and decided to leave that life behind her, never to return to her hometown.

Now 20-years later, Sophie is an up-and-coming jewelry
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ⭐'s

I don't know how I came upon this book but I'm glad I did.

Sophie's parents divorced when she was twelve years old and her new on-the-go life in New York couldn't be more different than the old life she loved out on her family's ranch.

She gets a call from her Aunt that her grandmother has passed away and she decides to go to the funeral although she hasn't spoken to anyone in twenty years.

Things have changed but a lot hasn't. She meets Braxton who's been living and working on the ranch a
hugsandcookies
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5stars.

Sophie was only 12 when her mum upped and took them both away from where they both lived. So fast forward to twenty years, Sophie who is a successful jeweller and raised in New York, has to go back to Poplar Falls for her Grams funeral. At first Sophie was hesitant about returning all for not getting closure to why her father never visited or she got to see him. As she arrives she meets the brooding Braxton, and yes they didn’t see eye to eye, but whatever they felt for each other slow
Rozzberry
Mar 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.75-4 stars

By & large Rustic Hearts is a solid, enjoyable story. Sophie & Braxton knew how to rub the other the wrong way from their very first glance. The premise of what brought them together was Sophie reluctantly returning to her childhood home 20 years after fleeing in the night to NY with her mother & all the while no contact with her father. Abandonment by him was a pretty safe assumption as far she knew. Upon her Gram's death, she finds herself right in the thick of things with her fath
Michelle
Sep 19, 2019 rated it liked it
1.25 stars.

I'm sorry, but the writing in this was not for me. I did finish it but only by pure will power. And the fact that (view spoiler)
Halle Reads
4.5/5 Stars

I Loved this book so much and that coveris simply GORGEOUS

When Sophie was 12 years old her mum takes her from her hometown Popular Falls, Denver and moves them both the New York away from the rest of her family including her Dad who she adores. Sophie thought that she would be returning soon or that her Dad would come look for her but after a while she finds out that that her Dad has now happily remarried and is living on his Ranch with his new wife and her nephew and niece Braxton a
mahana
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was ok
1.25 stars (because 1 seems too harsh, but I really, really didn't like this)

A young, rich, privileged blonde girl revisits her old small town and helps raise money for their deteriorating ranch/business while falling in love in the process. What I've just described to you is The Hannah Montana Movie, which was - no joke - a million times better than this. Rustic Hearts is essentially a budgeted version of that film and The Simple Wild.

Is this book supposed to be a romance or women's fiction ab
Dayang
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first Amber Kelly ARC. She was new to me and I didn't know what to expect... So I dove in with an open mind, and devoured the book within hours. I didn't even notice the time, and I was like, "oh well since we're already practically in the home stretch, might as well finish the book" and so I did, and finished the book at 2:57am.

The blurb lured me in so I signed up... I love a small town and sexy cowboy romance... I always pictured myself living in a ranch with my tall, handsome and
Sarah Louise
As far as small-town romances go, this one reminded me of my absolute love for them.

Over twenty years ago, Sophia Lancaster left everything she knew behind, including her father, at Poplar Falls. With thoughts placed by her mother that her father abandoned them for another family, Sophia created a separate life for herself in New York, one as a successful jewelry designer. Her childhood has been a distant memory until notice arrives that her grandmother has passed, forcing her to pack her bags
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
One call that informs Sophia that the grandmother she has not seen since she was 12 years old has died sends her on a trip back to the family that she has not seen since she and her mother left for NY in the middle of the night. Armed with the stories her mother told her about the father who found another family to love, Sophia feels like an outsider. When she reconnects with the aunts and her childhood friend Sophia finally feels like she has found the things that were missing in her life, but ...more
Knjigolegica
May 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-ebook
Rustic Hearts is a beautiful story about a successful jewelry designer Sophia, who hasn't seen her father in 20 years. After a member of their family dies, Sophia goes back to the farm she grew up in. She has to face her father and his new family after a long time and her father's gorgeous nephew in-law, Braxton will make her staying even harder than she imagined.

This was such an enjoyable read! It had my favourite trope, enemies to lovers, interesting settings, lovable characters and a really
zaira
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2020
I'm a sucker for any books with a small-town setting so I was excited to start this! I didn't like it as much as I thought I would because I found some parts of the story draggy but it was still good enough. I will definitely read the next book.
a little bit of everything.
May 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned, read-2020
so i’ve realized that i’m really into small town romances! i really enjoyed this. really looking forward to the next book. 😊
Fierce Heroine
Sep 06, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 ⭐️

This was my first book by Amber and it was a recommendation by a fellow bookstagrammer. I must say the cover had me head over heels! I’m a sucker for a beautiful couple on the cover and this one speaks volumes and is the perfect representation of Sophie and Brax. 😍

I really enjoyed this small town romance! It was enemies to lovers and a slow burn. All the things I love. It was sweet and romantic, and I loved Sophie and Braxton together. You could really feel the chemistry. The whole family
Kari Wicked Reads & Dreams
I just finished this beauty right here. This is my first book by Amber Kelly and holy crapola! I laughed, I cried and my heart was beating like crazy! This woman can WRITE!! I am obsessed with her now. Watch out Amber! I can’t say enough about this book. It has so many little layers too it, that your heart will split open at times, but it will also be full in the end❤️

Real love survives time and distance. It doesn’t need to be constantly reassured. It just is.

Falling in love is the easy part, th
Brook Obsessed
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Rustic Hearts” by Amber Kelly is heartwarming and delicious. This is probably going to be one of my longest reviews because I have so much to say about this book! It reminded me of “The Simple Wild” and the friends to lovers trope and hometown familial relationships make this such a beautiful read!

Sophia Lancaster is convinced by her aunt to return to Poplar Falls after her grandmothers death and is forced to face her estranged father and the family and friends she left behind.

In the process of
booksara
Jun 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
I totally adored this book. I’m a sucker for small town romances and this was beautiful. It was a four-week love story (quite literally) but it felt like months. I swear this small town people know how to be proactive like no one else. I liked the peek we got from Sophie’s life in the city at the beginning and how she progressed to falling into the same old things she used to do as a kid. The way she handled the “talk” was super mature and I’m glad the author didn’t turn her into a teenager. I l ...more
thi
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-recs
3.75/5
- city girl goes back to her hometown where she reconnects with her estranged rancher father and his “new” family
- alright so the love interest is her dad’s nephew in law .. questionable
- I’LL LET IT SLIDE THIS TIME
- SOPHIE ☺️💕: jewelry designer; business-wiz; lovely and proud
- Braxton ... he’s alright
- THEY HAVE SUCH GREAT CHEMISTRY THOUGH
- We’ve seen this trope before but I particularly liked this story just for how involved the rest of the rancher family and friends were, just so en
Gemma Crowe
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a sweet slow burn and I loved how beautiful this story was! I like how the story is a small town, big family type of setting. Sophie returns to try and rebuild her relationship with her family and even though her and Braxton don’t get along at first his charm certainly ends up with her questioning where she belongs in life. I enjoyed the little snippets of the other characters in this book as well!
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have to admit, it did take me a little while to get into this book, but once I was invested, it was do or die. There was NO stopping me from finishing and finding out what was going to happen.

Amber Kelly does it again. Braxton and Sophia (and well, let's be honest, ALL of the people we meet in Poplar Falls) definitely steal your heart and find a way to make you care about all the things.
MarvelUsReads
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
(4.2 Stars)

We were drawn in by every word, as it quickly took hold of us, leaving us utterly connected. Connected with the memorable characters, and touching moments. Rustic Hearts just felt like home! Without a doubt, Amber Kelly took our breath away and stole our hearts in this enemies to lover, small town love story, about secrets, forgiveness, and finding peace.

For full review click: www.marvelusreads.com
Tammy
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved this Small Town Romance
Sophia Lancaster is returning home after 20 years. She left with her mom in the middle of the night expecting her dad to come for her, but he never did. She arrives angry and feeling like she was replaced. Sophia finds the beauty in the ranch she grew up at and all the memories of her family. Till she finally learns the truth. So good. Cannot wait for more in this series.
Susan
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book that I've read by Amber Kelly, and I must say that I enjoyed it greatly. I liked Sophie from the start, and while Braxton was kinda a jerk at first, I think that's what was expected. He certainly grew on me as the story went on, and I loved him and Sophie together.

I can't wait to read more from Amber Kelly, and look forward to more in the Poplar Falls series!
Nova B
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Finding a good book is hard. It’s the same old stuff over and over. This is not original at all. But I read the whole book. Lol that’s saying a lot. But it’s a series and those I don’t like. So the HEA is not that good.
Heike
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book, can’t wait to read more by Amber Kelly
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• I'm Yours
  • The Path to Us
  • Bad Alibi (Redemption #1)
  • Me has enseñado lo que es el amor
  • MARIDO FARSANTE
  • Cold Hearted Bastard
  • El valor de una promesa (Novias Texanas Libro nº 2)
  • ACARICIA MÍ CORAZÓN
  • Sígueme, amor
  • (Not) The One
  • Espera por mí
  • Crazy Beautiful (Redemption, #2)
  • Crazy for Loving You (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • The unEXpected Plan
  • Southern Chance (Southern, #1)
  • Todavía tú
  • The Price Of Scandal (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Drive Me Wild (Bellamy Creek #1)

Poplar Falls (4 books)
  • Stone Hearts (Poplar Falls. #2)
  • Wicked Hearts (Poplar Falls, #3)
  • Fragile Hearts (Poplar Falls, #4)

News & Interviews

“Grace is forgiving someone even when they don’t ask for it or deserve it. It releases you from the burden of carrying a chain of anger around your neck because carrying that heavy load does more damage to you than it does the person your angry with. It affects you physically and emotionally.” 0 likes