Start by marking “Blade of Secrets (Bladesmith, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blade of Secrets (Bladesmith, #1)

Blade of Secrets

(Bladesmith #1)

Eighteen-year-old Ziva prefers metal to people. She spends her days tucked away in her forge, safe from society and the anxiety it causes her, using her magical gift to craft unique weapons imbued with power.

Then Ziva receives a commission from a powerful warlord, and the result is a sword capable of stealing its victims' secrets. A sword that can cut far deeper than the l
Published May 4th 2021 by Feiwel & Friends

Start your review of Blade of Secrets (Bladesmith, #1)
Tricia Levenseller
May 07, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
5/4/21 Today’s the day! Blade of Secrets is officially out in the world! Thank you for all the early support, and happy Star Wars Day!

9/28/20 I'm so excited we have a cover now! Thank you to everyone who has given it some love! What to expect in this book:

-Magical weapons
-Blacksmithing
-Banter (you're getting not one, but two romances out of this book!)
-Adventure
-Unlikely heroes
-An unbreakable bond between sisters

5/7/20 Hey guys! This one is off to copy edits. I hope to see cover samples really s
Hailey (Hailey in Bookland)
This was such a pleasant surprise! I picked it up on a whim because I was kind of in the mood for a fantasy and had packed most of my other books for my move, so I decided to try it out. An hour or so later I was already a third or so into the book. This is a super easy, suck you in, fast paced fantasy read. You follow Ziva who is a blacksmith and also suffers from social anxiety. She is most comfortable with her sister Temra. The two end up having to go on the run together because Ziva created ...more
jessica
May 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
rounding up because while this isnt the best YA fantasy out there, i cant stop thinking about it.

i cant stop thinking about the social anxiety rep, kellyn, the cute banter, kellyn, the rag-tag team, the adorable sisterhood, oh, and did i mention kellyn? lol. the fast-paced adventure, extremely likeable characters, quick length, and easy-going writing make this impossible not to binge read.

how things end have me biting my nails, so the sequel cant come soon enough!

Helena V. Paris
I received this complimentary ARC from the publisher, in exchange for an honest review.

So...that was an evil way to end it, but in no way diminishes my love for it. Like her previous book, The Shadows Between Us, this was so much fun, which put me in such a great mood that I binged the heck out of it in no time at all. I really need to work on finishing the remainder of Tricia Levenseller’s backlist.

I’ll be the first one to admit that this isn’t the BEST fantasy that I’ve ever read, yet it simu
Booktastically Amazing
(still sounding slightly possessed)

Rating: 😊🔪🔪🔪 4.4

*me talking to the mirror pretending it's the author*
Let's get something out of the way first. How dare you?
Seriously.
How. Dare. You.

You know what? You are selfish. Bring me to the abysm of heart break, go ahead and rip the life giving elixir from my hands and say 'oh, I'll give it to you a year from now' and all that, has the same energy as to what this did to me.
That's a huge no no, ma'am. Don't make me go over there and beg. Yeah, you do NOT
Angelica
May 09, 2020 marked it as to-read
"I'm never gonna finish my TBR", I cry, as I casually add more books to my TBR

also, this cover. I'm here for it...
♠ Tabi⁷ ♠
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, edelweiss
RTC after a re-read but obviously I loved it and think it's one of the most wonderful fantasies out there . . . because I felt so seen and understood by it.

I received a digital ARC from Feiwel & Friends via Edelweiss. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own. Quotes in the review and reading updates were taken from an uncorrected ARC copy.
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4 stars!

Wow. The wait for the second book is going to kill me.

Blade of Secrets is about Ziva, a magic bladesmith, who imbues magic into the weapons she forges. Dealing with social anxiety, she relies on her sister Temra to handle most of the communication with customers and everyone else in her town. By mistake, Ziva ends up creating a sword that reveals secrets when it cuts someone, and she soon realizes in the wrong hands the owner of the sword can conquer the world. She and her sister flee,
Claude's Bookzone
CW: (view spoiler)

Well it was very enjoyable and also quite disappointing. Hear me out.

I actually think the set up was soooo good and I was excited for the 'epic-ness' that I expected to follow. Whilst I enjoyed how the story progressed, the action and magical showdowns that had been, in my opinion slightly foreshadowed, never really developed. Instead it was quite a relationshipy type of story, heavy on romance, with people travelling from one place to
spring ~♡
Apr 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
At eighteen I hate to leave the house and be around people.

Honestly, the amount of relatable moments in this book is unreal. Specially in the first couple of chapters. This might be my favourite book by Tricia Levenseller so far.

Ziva has social anxiety, and that makes her automatically my favourite person in the world. I felt her. Not everyday you get to read about a protagonist who has the same anxiety problems as you. Ziva is socially awkward. She can make the best deadly magical
Georgia
May 31, 2021 rated it really liked it
One of my favorite reads of 2020 was The Shadows Between Us—which was my first time reading a Tricia Levenseller book—so I was very excited when I heard about Blade of Secrets! And this book did not disappoint!

Listen, I don’t know how Levenseller does it, but her ability to fit in so much in such short books is wildly impressive. While Blade of Secrets is the first in a duology, it surprised me how much character development and action Levenseller managed to squeeze into the first book alone. Wi
aly ☆彡
May 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
As I'm about to write a review on this (after 5 days reading them, I still squealed like I just finished it).

I honestly going into blind when I started reading the book. I went through the synopsis but did not thoroughly read them.

The story is about Ziva, who loves to spend her alone time in the forge creating unique weapons imbued with power using her magical gift. Simply to say, she loves metal more than she is with people.

Then, she was commissioned by a warlord, to create the most powerful
Jodi Meadows
Oct 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-blurbed
I can't wait for everyone to read this book! ...more
Celia McMahon
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thanks so much to Edelweiss and the publisher for the early copy. You'd think I'd be happy about this, but now I have to wait a million years for book two, and I not okay about this, especially with an ending like that!!

I would like to be like other reviewers and exclaim, "I was so surprised by this book!" or "I was not expecting to like it," but I'm not those people because Tricia Levenseller is an auto-buy author for me, and I knew from the moment she posted the cover reveal on Instagram that
Maggie V.
Jan 20, 2021 rated it really liked it
TRICIA. SIS. You- I- yes. Just...yes. This is officially my favorite Levenseller. First of all- the idea is so gosh darn cool and original?! Hello magical blacksmith?! I’m obsessed.

The book is action packed from start to finish. We love the adventure. We love the characters. We LOVE the romance.

Also, the representation of anxiety (or ANY mental illness for that matter) in a fantasy novel?! From the MAIN character???? Unheard of! And so. Well. Done.

The social anxiety aspect of this book was th
Mogsy (MMOGC)
May 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
4.5 of 5 stars at The BiblioSanctum https://bibliosanctum.com/2021/05/09/...

I went into Blade of Secrets expecting fun times, and I was totally not disappointed! I loved Tricia Levenseller’s The Shadows Between Us and so it was no surprise her new Bladesmith duology is off to a rockin’ start, with all the action, adventure and humor I could possibly ask for.

The story begins by introducing us to Ziva, our titular bladesmith who possesses a magical talent enabling her to make enchanted weapons tha
☘ Lily ☘

Maybe I'm a bit biased since The Shadows Between Us was one the best books I've read last year. Maybe because it's YA and I cut this book a little slack.

Because it wasn't that bad actually. If you like a travel from one place to another plot like me, then you might like it too. I was rooting for these kids and hope none of them died in the end. So, that's a huge leap for me.

Although, the main character's anxiety issue really brought the rating a bit down. I know progress shouldn't be fo
Cindy ✩☽♔
Mar 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, otps-feels
Honestly, I wish it was longer!

I finished it in a day and now I want more.

*Review to come*
Madison Mary
May 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
"The day the world runs out of iron ore will be the day I leave my forge. But even then, I'm sure I could figure out something with copper."

Levenseller is back with a fantasy duology centred around sisterly bonds, social anxiety, and slowburn romances.

ARC received from publisher for an honest review. Featured on my YouTube channel in a May 4th ARC reading vlog: https://youtu.be/yShogJjMCTE

REVIEW
Tricia Levenseller is one of my favourite YA authors and I was so excited to receive an early fini
Chloe
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
*Spoiler free*

I have a soft spot for Tricia Levenseller books, so I was ready to read whatever her new one was going to be. She has a way of writing that makes it so easy to fly through her books. They don't take themselves too seriously, so they feel light, fluffy, and the good kind of cheesy. So, a Tricia Levenseller book about a blacksmith with social anxiety sounded like it would be right up my alley. Like, I love swords. And the MC MAKES magic swords? Yes, I was very, very eager to read thi
Jackie ϟ Bookseller
MiraC
Dec 10, 2019 marked it as to-read
Okay, I do not know how I will survive this wait. Heroine who is a normal career girl instead of an assassin/warrior/queen? Yes. Heroine who is incredibly skilled at something other than the fantasy standards of fighting or magic? Yes please. Heroine with social anxiety? YES PLEASE.
Alaina

Blade of Secrets honestly flew by for me. It was fast paced and very easy to get addicted to. In some weird ways, I was getting vibes like Cinder meets King Arthur (in a way). Please don't ask me why because I don't want to dive into that blackhole. Just know that's what I got and I'm going to stick with it (for now). My opinion might change when I dive into the next book - which, ugh, I hate playing the whole waiting game with books.

In this, you will meet Ziva. She is a pretty entertaining char
AziaMinor
May 31, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bad-ss-broads
Overall Rating : B+

"Even at my worst, I can be strong.

Okay so I was going to give this 3 stars but the second half drew me in. I'm glad I stuck through it.

I will say this was more contemporary than fantasy so people should be aware of that before you go in and I wished there was more world-building and explanation of the kingdom they lived in. But like I said, you just have to stick with it.

And I don't think I've ever related to a character as much as Ziva. A really good representation on how so
Nashita
Jun 02, 2021 marked it as to-read
I neeeeeeedddddd this booookkkk asap ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
I love the author ahhhh
Daughter of Pirate king and the shadows between us are my fav bookssssssssssss

I neeedddd this❤️❤️❤️❤️
Sarah {The Clever Reader}
Jun 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
So so good! Now I need book two!!
Wren (fablesandwren)
Apr 14, 2021 rated it really liked it
Thank you to the author and the publisher and Net Galley for giving me a e-ARC of this beautiful book!

I really enjoyed this one. It is probably my favorite work of Tricia's so far, but keep in mind I have only read three of her books total. Now I want to read them ALL. The beginning was a little slow, but I took that as world building and character setting up. I honestly didn't mind that much. Once I hit like 15% though, I was hooked.

I loved the mental health aspect of this book and how the peo
Mash
Apr 15, 2021 marked it as to-read
I’m so excited!! I really hope it doesn’t disappoint.
Maddie
TW: gore (minor), death of a parent, religious bigotry (view spoiler), mental illness, panic attacks/disorders, vomit.

This was everything I hoped it would be. Somehow this managed to be unique while having a comforting, older YA fantasy feel. I'm a sucker for well-done quest stories anyway, so add magical weapons into the mix and I was already sold.
Melanie (TBR and Beyond)
I'm complete trash for Tricia and I'm not even sort of sorry about it. ...more

• The Prison Healer (The Prison Healer, #1)
  • Old School (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #10)
  • The Upside of Falling
  • The Infinity Courts (The Infinity Courts, #1)
  • Down Comes the Night
  • The Stolen Kingdom
  • Realm Breaker (Realm Breaker, #1)
  • After (After, #1)
  • Sing Me Forgotten
  • Archie, Vol. 1
  • Archie, Vol. 2
  • The Gray Wolf Throne (Seven Realms, #3)
  • These Hollow Vows (These Hollow Vows, #1)
  • Lost in the Never Woods
  • The Wolf and the Woodsman
  • We Are the Fire
  • Namesake (Fable, #2)
  • Five Feet Apart
See top shelves…
Initially from a small town in Oregon, Tricia now lives next to the Rocky Mountains with her bossy dog, Rosy. She received her degree in English Language and editing and is thrilled that she never has to read a textbook again. When she’s not writing or reading, Tricia enjoys putting together jigsaw puzzles, playing volleyball, playing OVERWATCH, and watching shows while eating extra-buttered popco ...more

Bladesmith (2 books)
  • Master of Iron (Bladesmith, #2)

Articles featuring this book

Looking for some out-of-this-world reading this summer? Then we suggest taking a peek at these highly anticipated young adult books, all...
“I hate feeling as though I don't fit right in my own skin. As though the anxiety takes up too much space, pushing me aside.” 1 likes
“I am more than my fear and weaknesses, but so much of the time, they're all I can think about.” 0 likes