Start by marking “Were-Geeks Save Wisconsin (Were-Geeks Save the World #1)” as Want to Read:
Were-Geeks Save Wisconsin (Were-Geeks Save the World #1)

Were-Geeks Save Wisconsin

(Were-Geeks Save the World #1)

When badass werewolves battling supernatural evil realize they need tech support, they recruit a group of geeks with hilarious—and romantic—results.

Published April 14th 2020 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Were-Geeks Save Wisconsin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Were-Geeks Save Wisconsin

Start your review of Were-Geeks Save Wisconsin (Were-Geeks Save the World #1)
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Were-Geeks Save Wisconsin by Kathy Lyon

Paranormal wolf-shifter adventure and M-M romance.
Amusing and surprisingly smart. A few laugh out loud moments and quite a few Convention references, in particular Book Lovers Con. More focused on the gaming side of the attendees than readers. Overall a satisfying adventure. A romance and storyline that leads me to believe this will become a series that I will happily continue. It is the first M-M by this author.

The werewolves recruit a few geeks to their
Elaine White
** I WAS GIVEN THIS BOOK FOR MY READING PLEASURE **

~

Were-Geeks Save Wisconsin (Were-Geeks Save the World #1) by Kathy Lyons
★★☆☆☆
258 Pages
POV: 3rd person, dual POV

DNF'd at 14%
This review is to explain why.

This is my first book by Lyons, and it appears to be their first MM story. Personally, it didn't work for me and I probably won't be reading the author again. Their style just doesn't work for me.

First off, the blurb sounded like a rom-com plot, but there was no humour in the parts I read. There
Maddy
This was such a damn disappointment...

From cover and blurb I expected a fun fantasy rom-com thing with lots of humor and hilarious situations. What I got instead is numerous accounts of assault, kidnapping, dubious consent sexual acts, serious holes in plot, descriptions and characters and a general icky feeling on my skin...
This book IS NOT a light, funny romance, it need serious tags like Dark, Kidnapping, Violence, Forced captivity, Twisted, Dubious consent.

(view spoiler)
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
4.5 Stars

Were-Geeks Save Wisconsin is the first book in Kathy Lyon’s Were-Geeks Save the World series. I’ll be honest and say I don’t know where to start with this book. I thought this story was going to be a romantic comedy. I mean, look at the cover. There are some hilarious moments, but this story was so much more.

When Nero Bramson’s werewolf pack is killed attempting to slay a demon, the powers that be at Wulf, Inc. know they need serious brainpower to fight fire with fire. Nero and his cou
Kristin
Apr 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
I am going to start by saying ‘Were-Geeks Save Wisconsin’ does end on a slight cliff-hanger. While I typically don’t mind endings that segue immediately into the next book in a series, I do appreciate a bit of forewarning. Which fortunately, I had. I will also note, the main plot was basically concluded with the subplots transitioning into what I assume will be a second book.

This was a fun read. I will admit to being somewhat taken aback by how quickly the sex showed up – about page 50 or 60 –
Becca
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am in love with this book and will be with this series, I can tell. I cannot wait for book 2, which I hope is coming real soon, because it brings me to my one pissed off point of this whole book. Cliffhanger!!!! #@@##@. WHY?????? *huffs* I guess the book being so good makes it worth it, but still not a happy camper about that one.
Josh is used to being the weak link. He is in his family, he can’t hold a relationship and he’s just really figured out why. And he can’t seem to finish what he needs
Roger Hyttinen
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was ok
I was so excited when this book crossed my path as I live in Wisconsin and I love werewolves. I was really enjoying the story and felt it was a lot of fun.

But then the author destroyed any goodwill they'd built up by ending the story on a mid-scene CLIFFHANGER! Grrrrrrr!

If I hadn't been reading it on a Kindle, I would have thrown the book across the room, I was so angry. So needless to say, the story was utterly unsatisfying for me (it's only part of a story, after all) and ended abruptly. The
CoolBookWorm
Apr 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Gale
Oct 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Totally fun...

What can I say about a PhD student who ends up saving the world? Leave your belief at the door as this story takes you on a wild ride. I liked Josh, understood how life confused him, and then cheered him on in his new...normal. And Nero was such a great guy. Lots of action, some fun and funny newbies, and a quick read for me.
Shae
Nov 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Really loved this!

For more thoughts, go here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9e2g...
Altivo Overo
May 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Complex characters, weird situations, but good read. Wisconsin setting is unusual, too.
Clare O'Beara
Nov 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
I'm going to look mainly at the good points, because we get a nice mix of characters. Nero is a werewolf tactical leader and he needs computer and science minds, so he tries involving new people in the pack. The wolves have to find a way to fight a demon which is tainting a major lake. Josh is a research student with an SF Con on his mind, but he gets abducted and turned into a wolf. He has to spend much of the story adapting and deciding what his future will hold. We get to see the two differen ...more
Nin
May 01, 2020 rated it it was ok
Little world building. Just modern US with "monsters." The origin story isn't anything new; I've read it elsewhere recently.
No Chemistry between leads and not enough time spent getting to know Nero's team members.
I expected this to be funny. Other reviewers said it was funny. It wasn't :(
Debra
Oct 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Nero and his team of werewolves are sent to a lake in Wisconsin to kill a demon that is killing people. That is what his team does, they hunt demons and they’re good at it. But this demon is not like any they have ever encountered, and when the demon explodes in a fireball Nero is the only survivor because he was in a flow of energy, the state between being a wolf and a man.

Devastated, he does the one thing no one should ever do, he makes a deal with a fairy. In return for getting a mulligan (do
Michelle
Josh is a Chemistry PhD. student with lots of brains, but very little direction or will to actually finish his dissertation. While attending a Con and performing in a pyrotechnic dis/play Josh has his werewolf genes magically activated and he is abducted by Wulf Inc. a secret organization that polices supernatural activity. Turns out they need some smart werewolves to help them stop a demon from eating Wisconsin and possibly destroying the world. There's a surprising amount of thought that's gon ...more
Laks
Jun 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
A paranormal romance thriller

I went into this thinking of our usual shifter story with vamps/magic included. But this really exceeded my expectations!

The story of a parallel paranormal universe with plenty of shifters, fairies , demons and whatnot. Things are getting worse in the world and the covert paranormal agency needs to recruit few genius nerds to their endeavor. Nero, a wolf shifter/soldier, who has recently lost his team in a disastrous encounter with a demon, is given that job.

Josh i
Chris
Nov 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtqia, sff, urban, romance
I have very mixed feelings about this book. I really enjoyed the main characters. Their banter and affection were infectious.

But, there was a kind of silly amount of sexism in this book. The way that Mother and Stratos are described made me want to throw the book across the room.

While the Romani aren't referred to by the g word, the fact that a decision was made to include "Romani curses" irked me. When you build a magic system, you have the opportunity to not reinforce old gross narratives, b
Nicholas
I've only read a handful of Gay romance novels, and it is certainly comparable to the others I've read in that regard.

It is a fun, quirky modern fantasy book. It's not necessarily a huge world builder or anything. It doesn't speculate on major ideas. Remember the title is "Were-Geeks Save Wisconsin" and it is a modern fantasy Gay romance novel and then you'll appreciate it. I did enjoy the quirk of the fairy in the book, I think the author captured their otherworldliness in one particular scene
Martha
Jul 25, 2020 rated it really liked it

Chemist Josh Collier is having a blast at a comic book convention when he gets the shock of his life—he’s a werewolf! WTF? Before he can howl, he’s whisked away to a secret lair by Nero, a hot guy dressed as a Roman centurion. Josh’s former life is over, and his genius is needed at Wulf, Inc.

Nero has no interest in babysitting a trainee were-geek whe
MariF
Aug 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I went into this book expecting to be disappointed because I knew about the cliffhanger plus I rarely find the romance authors doing a find job with crossing to mm genre.
I was hooked from the first few sentences and having such a great time reading that I honestly did not care about the cliffhanger ahead.
This story was unique to me, I loved the unconventional angle this story took at each turn of events and that nothing was predictable till the end.
I loved both MCs, sympathized with their strug
Will Parkinson
Apr 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
First off, I loved this story. The world-building was amazing, and the author did such a great job with all the characters she created.

Now, onto the second point: As for the subject of 'cliffhanger', I disagree. Yes, the story does say 'to be continued', but the main character's story has a very satisfying ending, and this 'to be continued' sets up book two. It says on the title page 'Were-Geeks Save the World: Book One', so of course there will be a book two. The story does not end with one of
Amber
This was a fun little read. I liked watching Josh find his way through being a werewolf. I also liked watching Nero deal with his guilt for turning Josh and his feelings for Josh and what it means to his mission to save his team. I didn't expect for Nero's problem to get solved the way it did but it sets up for an interesting next book. The end gave a decent HFN ending with a promise of more fun to come. ...more
Karen Gabriel
Aug 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Just a girl giving a review.

I loved, loved, loved this book. I don’t normally read m/m books but I was so pissed I couldn’t read the next book RIGHT NOW! I have already pre-ordered book two. I can’t wait to see what happens!! The plot is great!!!! If you’re not interested in m/m just skip those parts, the story is soooo great!!!! A must read!!!! Have I used an excessive amount of exclamation points in this review! No, it’s that good!!!
C
Sep 02, 2020 rated it liked it
I was disappointed in this book. The cover and summary made me think the story was a light hearted romp. It had some humor, but this is a mostly serious book. No carefree hijinks or goofy antics. AND it ended with a small cliffhanger. Groan. I might have liked it better with more accurate marketing...
AllAboutThoseBooks
Oct 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cute

Didn't really hit me in the feels, and I had no problem putting it down to sleep, but it was well edited and had a decent pace. I never really got a sense of them falling in love. It seemed like a hot affair that would eventually die down to a solid friendship. I did like the world building. There's a lot of room for good stories in it.
John-Torleif  Harris
Oct 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Delightful

I was a little surprised that Josh didn’t think of alternate timelines and paradoxes before he did - it seemed a little silly to rely on Nero’s interpretation of things, once everything came out into the open.

I enjoyed this new series, and this was a different source of magic than I normally see. I’m excited to see where this series goes.
Helen M. Whitchurch
Dec 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Monster fighting werewolves and geek recruits part 1

Excellent writing and plot twists, originality. More sex scenes than I feel happy with but fine otherwise. Government and military in the know but otherwise top secret. Not that it isn't most unbelievable factor - foolproof government secrecy.
Kira
Apr 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the story line and the werewolves but was unprepared for the steamy scenes
Good story over all. Great character development
DFZ
Apr 29, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bi werewolf dudes meet, fight, do the nasty, make risky magical deals, get it on, blow stuff up, bang it out, and have adventures.
jaxnsmom

• Howling on Hold (Mythmatched, #1)
  • Origin (Scales 'n' Spells, #1)
  • Topping the Jock (Blue Harbor #1)
  • Demons Do It Better (Hidden Species #1)
  • How to Lure a Hunter (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #3)
  • Check, Please! Book 1: # Hockey
  • You Are Not Alone
  • Things in Jars
  • Acsquidentally in Love (Sucker for Love Mysteries #1)
  • The Other People
  • How to Hack a Hacker (Unholy Trifecta, #3)
  • Geek Tattoo
  • Merry Measure
  • Waiting for You (Morefield Village #1)
  • Stalking My Mate (Assassins Inc. #5)
  • Ezra's Awakening (Vampires of Blood and Bones #4)
  • Acceptance For His Omega (The Outcast Chronicles #2)
  • Healing For His Omega (The Outcast Chronicles #3)
Librarian Note: Also writes under the pen name Jade Lee.

KATHY LYONS writes light, funny, sexy stories. She loves the faster pace of contemporary books and that her humor can shine through. Plus, the shifter books are really fun!

She leaves the dark, tortured love stories to her alter ego, Jade Lee.

Visit them both on the web at www.kathylyons.com or www.jadeleeauthor.com!

Were-Geeks Save the World (2 books)
  • Were-Geeks Save Lake Wacka Wacka (Were-Geeks Save the World, #2)