Start by marking “Heartstopper: Volume Four (Heartstopper, #4)” as Want to Read:
Heartstopper: Volume Four (Heartstopper, #4)

Heartstopper: Volume Four

(Heartstopper #4)

4.66  ·  Rating details ·  243,584 ratings  ·  26,547 reviews
Charlie didn’t think Nick could ever like him back, but now they’re officially boyfriends. Charlie’s beginning to feel ready to say those three little words: I love you.

Nick’s been feeling the same, but he’s got a lot on his mind – not least coming out to his dad, and the fact that Charlie might have an eating disorder.

As summer turns to autumn and a new school year begins
Published May 6th 2021 by Hodder Children's Books

·  243,584 ratings  ·  26,547 reviews

Start your review of Heartstopper: Volume Four (Heartstopper, #4)
Alice Oseman
Nov 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This is Volume 4 of Heartstopper! Out May 2021!
(Contains chapters 5 and 6 of the comic)

Charlie really wants to tell Nick 'I love you'... but how!? Does Nick even feel the same? Meanwhile, Nick has a lot on his mind, especially Charlie's mental health, which seems to be getting worse...

This volume contains:
- A beach trip
- Journal entries
- Fireworks
- Some time apart
- A love confession (or several)
- Therapy
- TWO dogs

I really hope you enjoy it!!
Hannah Azerang
Feb 23, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
truly one of the best discussions of mental illness, specifically eating disorders, that i’ve ever seen. this brought me to tears and felt so true to so many of my own experiences and emotions. I’m in love with this series

tw: eating disorders, self harm, mental illness
Kat
Nov 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2021-favorites
impromptu re-read and one am sob over the kids. head empty, heart oh so full <3
Ayman
Apr 20, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
♾/♾ and nothing less

this was too good and cute and wholesome and my heart is fluttering and i appreciated the way mental health was written in this series. i adored how incredibly diverse this series was. i love Charlie and Nick! i love the side characters too! can't wait for the netflix tv show in 2 days!!
Hailey (Hailey in Bookland)
Another great instalment in this graphic novel series! This is the most emotional and difficult to read I would say, but Alice Oseman does a great job of dealing with the topics. Eating disorders, depression, and self harm are central to this story. The conversations surrounding these things were dealt with in a really healthy manner. Watching the relationship between Nick and Charlie continue to blossom even with such difficulties was really nice. I think there was a lot of character growth ind ...more
daph pink ♡
Aug 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Nick and Charlie are getting more adorable and it's the best of the three heartstoppers? Lol kidding Alice is a queen , everything she write is perfect, atleast to me♥️

PS:- GET YOURSELF A NICK.
emma
these books should have "open in case you need happiness" labels

update: WHAT THE HELL THIS ONE WAS SAD?!
ani gray-carstairs
May 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"Nick and Charlie
Are you two coming, or...
Oh, you're being gay
Good job. Carry on"
Bryce Rocks My Socks
nick and charlie are the kind of characters u just want to send a care package to 💛
Gabby
Wow this was one was dark and emotional, I wasn’t expecting it but it was so good 😭🥺💕 I love this series and I love them
Lucy Tonks
May 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
”Love can't cure a mental illness. There are lots of ways to help him, you can just be there. To listen. To talk. To cheer him up if he's having a bad day. And on the bad days you can ask what to could do to make things easier. Stand by his side, even when things are hard. But also knowing that sometimes people need more support than just one person can give. That's love darling"

I will never stop rereading Heartstopper. It's one of my very few comfort reads.

Am I sad? Let's just read Heartst
Melanie (MelReads)
forever my favorite volume😭💖

alice oseman’s depiction of mental health and eating disorders felt so akin to what i’ve experienced that it felt like receiving a warm hug and reassurance that while mental health has its ups and downs, it does get better.

in true oseman fashion, i cried, i laughed, and re-fell in love with this cast of characters!

can’t wait for the show to come out!
Ellie Spencer
Apr 09, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
My only complaint about this series is that it keeps getting better with every book but I’ve run out of stars to be able to express this!

Heartstopper volume 4 returns to the lives of Nick and Charlie. They feel ready to say that they love each other, but there are some big obstacles to overcome. Including the possibility that Charlie is battling an eating disorder.

These books touch on so many important topics, but this one seemed to go even deeper. Charlie’s mental health journey is handled so
demi. ♡
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book will be released in 2021 but my wallet is already SHAKING.
Whitney Atkinson
screaming. crying. throwing up. crying again. currently listening to "i wanna be with you" by chloe moriondo as i type this review. ...more
Gavin Hetherington
Aug 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I had the honour of interviewing Alice Oseman for Heartstopper Volume 4 on my YouTube channel, which is spoiler-free, and you can watch here: https://youtu.be/JrqUNZTOux0

And recently I re-read all four volumes of Heartstopper that have been released so far to celebrate the release of the Netflix TV show. Filled with spoilers and squealing at my favourite couple in my favourite graphic novel series ever: https://youtu.be/5uAcHjS54NE

Another sweet and beautiful instalment in the Heartstopper series
Warda
These two idiots! I want to adopt them. 🥺

“It’s not gonna be a straightforward journey.
Haha, since when is anything I do straight?
Okay, that’s not funny.”

Favourite in the series so far.
The wholesome relationship, the found family aspect, the mental health representation. All perfect.
Reading_ Tamishly
May 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
💝Take your time reading this volume. It's difficult to read this one without feeling overwhelmed.

"He's literally obsessed with you."

Like I'm literally obsessed here.

*Char: I want to tell Nick that I'm... um...in love with him

*Literally the entire universe: Dude. You're already dating 😑😌

In this volume, Nick is trying to understand Charlie's eating disorder while Charlie is worried about how to confess to Nick and how he would deal with the answer.

And as always, Charlie overthinks and Nick is bein
daria ❀
Apr 19, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
someone protect this group of kiddos...or just let me in to the comic and i'll do it my damn self ...more
Madita
Jan 26, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yet again, I absolutely loved this book as an addition to the heart stopped series.
Mental illnesses were mentioned in this and I felt emotional because I related to a lot of the things mentioned as well as felt sympathetic to the reactions of everybody.
The mention and detail of mental health, eating disorder as well as other relevant issues was very well done and as always the designs and artworks were cute, detailed and very poetic to look at.

I cannot wait for the next book!!!!
Carolyn Marie Castagna
Dec 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
💕
My 100th book of the year!!!
The perfect way to end my 2020 reading year!!!
Heartstopper has been a beautiful beacon of light during this very strange and uncertain year! I knew I could always count on Nick and Charlie's love to make me feel cozy and comforted! 🥰
This series means the world to me!!!
Thank you for making my year a little brighter Nick, Charlie, and Alice!!!
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Here's to an brighter year ahead!!!
Happy New Year!
April (Aprilius Maximus)
May 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites, anxiety
DID YOU GUYS KNOW THERE’S ONLY GOING TO BE ONE MORE VOLUME????? IM SO SAD 😭
ale ‧ ₊˚୨୧ ₊˚
ok, i'm crying like a bitch because i loved this with my entire life. alice oseman, you're ruining my life with this, but thanks. i'm broken and in love, and idk what to do with all of these feelings dkfjhdjgf

i love every single character in here, except for nick's brother and father, and i'm in love.

I NEED THE NEXT ONE NOW, DO YOU HEAR ME, ALICE OSEMAN?????

i need you in my life more than the air itself
Snjez
I loved being in Nick and Charlie's world again, even though this volume was more emotional and serious than the previous ones. I really liked how mental health issues were handled here, as well as some family issues.

Nick and Charlie are still wonderful and cute together. I love those two and reading about them never fails to make me smile. Their friends are amazing, too. I just love how supportive everyone is, including some family members and teachers too. And can I just say how much I liked T
elea ☆
Jan 06, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i had forgotten how much this one hurt but holy fuck it's so good ...more
Dr. Appu Sasidharan
In this volume, the author discusses eating disorders more deeply. She also tries to remove the myths related to eating disorders.

My favorite three lines from this book.
“Love can’t cure a mental illness.”

“Most people think eating disorders are a girl thing.”

“Sometime people need more support than just one person can give.”

She elucidates the role therapists play in removing patients' mental disorders. She also tells the importance of opening up and getting professional
Jessica
Mar 19, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was so cute, but it's definitely been the most serious of the series so far. Nick is worried about Charlie's eating disorder and also coming out to his dad. Charlie is probably in the darkest place he's been in throughout the series, but we also get to see Nick being there for him and their adorable moments together. I love the development of Nick and Charlie's romance and how their friendship circles are only growing. I just adore this series and can't wait for the next book! ...more
Nark
my dark and twisted mind can barely handle this cuteness
stu
The mental health rep was amazing in this book but it made me sad poor charlie <3
Nick was as awesome as ever <3 everyone needs a Nick
This was still as adorable as ever <3
Final Round
4,223,615 Votes Cast

• Teen Titans: Raven (Teen Titans, #1)
  • This Accident of Being Lost: Songs and Stories
  • The Recruit (Cherub: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • The Babysitters Coven (The Babysitters Coven, #1)
  • Illegal
  • The Fever King (Feverwake, #1)
  • Moon of the Crusted Snow
  • Kristy's Big Day
  • Fierce Fairytales: Poems and Stories to Stir Your Soul
  • Pan Tadeusz
  • Two Feet Under (The Mortician’s Daughter, #2)
  • Three Heartbeats Away (The Mortician's Daughter, #3)
  • Trust Again (Again, #2)
  • If You Come Softly
  • Dzikie łąbędzie
LGBT > Gay
See top shelves…
Alice Oseman is an award-winning author, illustrator, and screenwriter, and was born in 1994 in Kent, England. She has written four YA contemporary novels about teenage disasters: SOLITAIRE, RADIO SILENCE, I WAS BORN FOR THIS, and LOVELESS. She is the creator of LGBTQ+ YA romance webcomic HEARTSTOPPER, which is now published in physical form by Hachette Children's Books, and she is the writer, cre ...more

Heartstopper (5 books)
  • Heartstopper: Volume One (Heartstopper, #1)
  • Heartstopper: Volume Two (Heartstopper, #2)
  • Heartstopper: Volume Three (Heartstopper, #3)
  • Heartstopper: Volume Five (Heartstopper, #5)

Articles featuring this book

Scintillating, sweet, and soupy!  For readers looking for love, these recent YA romances—from 2021 through today—are sure to capture your...
“Maybe you can't help him, darling. I know you love him so, so much. I'm sure he loves you too. And I know you feel like it's your job to "save him". I know it feels like you are both each other's whole world, but that dependency isn't healthy for either of you. Charlie needs helo from someone who isn't his sixteen-year-old boyfriend. He needs help from a doctor or a therapist, someone who knows about eating disorder and how to treat them. Love can't cure a mental illness. There are lots of ways to help him, you can just be there. To listen. To talk. To cheer him up if he's having a bad day. And on the bad days you can ask what to could do to make things easier. Stand by his side, even when things are hard. But also knowing that sometimes people need more support than just one person can give. That's love darling" - Sarah Nelson (Nick's mum)” 139 likes
“Love can’t cure a mental illness.” 124 likes