Start by marking “Queen of Barrakesch (Royal Brides #3)” as Want to Read:
Queen of Barrakesch (Royal Brides #3)

Queen of Barrakesch

(Royal Brides #3)

They had no idea how much their lives would change…forever.

Imani Karunzika is fiercely independent and refuses to be forced into a loveless marriage with the domineering man her parents want for her. When her friend Crown Prince Wasim al-Hassan of Barrakesch learns he’ll be passed over for the throne because he has no wife, she suggests a plan where they enter into a fake
Published March 27th 2020 by Garden Avenue Press

To ask other readers questions about Queen of Barrakesch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Queen of Barrakesch

Start your review of Queen of Barrakesch (Royal Brides #3)
Erika
Mar 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hard to rate

The book left me with mixed feelings. I’m not a fan of fake engagements but this one was well written and I really liked the final twist. I like that the author gave a believable answer rather than a fairytale one. However Imani came across as spoilt and it was really hard for me to appreciate her as an heroine.
I understand not wanting to be married but basically she offered this fake relationship knowing what the stakes would be for him and them throwing her toys out of the pram wh
Pearline
Mar 28, 2020 rated it liked it
This book was beyond boring to the point where I skipped a lot of it until it became interesting. I even skimmed the epilogue because it was boring as well. It was a plot line I hate, two friends secretly love each other and think their getting into an arranged marriage with no love on either side. Tons of misunderstandings and miscommunication arises to the point where they eventually admit their love for one another. The first half is so uninteresting with so much unnecessary detail that I sta ...more
Mary
May 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
😍😍😍

Love this Royal Brides series. Wasim and Imani’s story did not disappoint. Friends to King and Queen to lovers. Great job Delaney.
The CurvyJones
Deena
Mar 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
I've been waiting to see just how Delaney Diamond was going to bring Imani and Wasim together, and let's just say that she didn't disappoint. i really liked these two, and thought they made a great match. i had assumptions about how this story would play out, but Ms. Diamond showed me why writing books is not my calling, lol. Definitely didnt see the Yasmin/Farouk situation coming; I truly hated to see how things ended up for them.

I really enjoyed this series. Each cover was absolutely beautifu
Izzie d
Mar 27, 2020 rated it liked it
Good story.
Neither are virgins despite strict cultural views.
Known each other before a relationship.
Brief reference to previous relationships by both but no details.
No intimate scenes other than the Hero and heroine.
No other woman or man drama.
HEA.
Teresa Readsalot
Sep 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Do y'all remember the Nora Roberts Candida series or the Harlequin Presents sheik type novels? This gave me the same vibes but updated for a contemporary audience with a black African heroine and more cultural competency. The world building is super interesting. Fun read ...more
Nene
May 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
Enjoyed!

This was an enjoyable friendship to love story. I love the storyline and the main two characters. I wished it was more of their story.
Empi Baryeh
Apr 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story, but this review was hard to write, because for everything I liked, there seemed to be something that didn't particularly work for me. So here goes...

Imani and Wassim are friends who shared one steamy kiss about a year ago. Smart and fiercely independent, Imani wants to be valued for her brain rather than her marriageability or child-bearing potential. She's also a romantic at heart and wants to marry for love. Wassim, the crown prince of Barrakesch, is everything you expect
Nightwitch
Mar 18, 2021 rated it really liked it
On the plus side, this was a sheikh romance that wasn't racist, which is practically unique for the subgenre. (That's not fair, I haven't read very widely in it because I keep coming across racism. But there could be more non-racist ones out there, I don't know.) However, that doesn't mean it's not problematic; while the fictional Barrakesch seems like a well-drawn depiction of a middle eastern gulf state, it's very Romancelandia, meaning that none of the issues said state might actually be deal ...more
Gundega (Rouzmary)
3.5*

Overall I really enjoyed the book and since I haven’t read that many in such setting, it was more refreshing to me, thou I would’ve liked even more of the culture to be used to make it even more distinct.

Only one problem and one annoyance:
Problem - uhhh…can’t really say ‘cuz spoiler, but it happened towards the end and was totally unnecessary. Book would’ve been fine without it. (view spoiler).

The annoyance - both leads were too afraid to flat out say to the
Alice
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is what happens when friends really become lovers!

What can one say about a gorgeous Arab Prince and a stunning African Woman of Royalty who just happens to be the Ambassador to this Prince's homeland meet, have an encounter, remain friends though attracted to each other for real then take their relationship to the ultimate level of marriage? Such was the case of future king of Barrakesch Crown Prince Wasim al Hassan and African Ambassador Imani Karunzika. Their story involved miscommunicati
Cheryl Mcneil
Jun 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Queen of Barrakesch is the third and final book in the Royal Brides series.
Prince Wasim, heir to the throne of Barrakesch and Imani, the Country’s
Zamidian ambassador, are mentioned in previous books and the reader is
eager to learn more about them.

Ms. Diamond aptly describes the setting in the opening scene. There is a
perfect visual of Wasim, looking up at the beautiful night sky as he is
interacting with his family. He has a sense of calm that is short lived when he
finds out his father has c
Celeste
Mar 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wasim and Imani road to marriage

I have always been fascinated by the concept of an arranged marriage. Which is why Married at First Sight is one of my guilty pleasures. Therefore it intrigues me to see how Delaney would orchestrate the marriage that would be required for Wasim to take the throne. Under unforseen circumstances the kingdom of Barrakesch is rocked when King Khalid health takes a turn and ultimate decision for his successor was needed. In the story you get to see familiar faces and
Brenda Maxwell
Apr 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sweet, but Confusing

This story was about a strong woman and a strong man who get married. So far so good. The problem is many times in the story she was referenced as a "Christian" he is a Muslim. The story is sweet, but I am weary of authors who reference their characters as Christians, but those characters in no way, demonstrate their Christianity. First problem that they even married (extenuating circumstances). Ok he even prayed she never does; even in the midst of a harrowing experience. Th
Ebony
Apr 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When temporary love becomes permanent

This story was my favorite of the series. Imani was independent, courageous, intelligent, and commanded respect. Her entire life she wanted to be treated as her brothers were treated, which meant with respect and free will. She was smitten with her cousins friend Prince Wasim but didn't feel like it could be something real. Wasim had always liked Imani and her challenging ways. They ended up having a great friendship. When life throws Wasim a curveball, Imani
Sassha Reads❤️❤️
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Monique D.
May 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wasim and Imani were the cutest couple before they married. I was worried about them after the marriage, though.

Even with their different backgrounds, the feelings they had for one another was undeniable. I enjoyed the causes they both championed and the mutual respect and support they had for one another.

Wasim was a true King and Imani was truly the one to be by his side as his Queen.

The entire series was beautifully written and would love to hear from these couples again. Perhaps their childre
Amaka Azie
Apr 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. A friends to lovers romance. Prince Wassim needs a wife before he can be king and turns to his friend Imani, a royal from Africa. They both are of different religions with different ideas about marriage but they eventually find a way to make it work. They had a steamy sexual chemistry.
At first Wasim started out as a somewhat patriarchal asshole but later learnt to relax his rigid stance.
I didn’t expect the twist at the end.
I recommend
Lorice DeBlanc-Brim
Apr 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love it, I love it!

Their teasing was comical with a little fervor. But I would have never known that there was more between them until you find out about their little tete-a-tete in Estoria. Their attraction was off the charts, but I would have never known that Wasim was so persuasive in getting Imani to say yes to his proposal. They should have been up front with their feelings. I couldn't help but be in awe that Imani could hold her own. I truly enjoyed their story.
Dynah Zale
Jul 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Black Royalty - every chapter warmed my heart and left a smile on my face.

This is the representation every black child deserves to have. I have throughly enjoyed this series of books. Every time I read one it leaves a smile on my face. The playfulness and humor wrapped into a love story Tends to make me believe in happy endings. I’m love being in love and I am In Love with this story and the characters. I want a prince. (LOL)
Sonya Williams
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Royally Divine!

Two strong willed people, starting off as friends had a chance to get to know each other on a spiritual level and not on a physical level. They both needed assistance with an issue and were able to help each other out. There were bumps in the road and it took the two of them depending on each other to overcome.
Kadiatu Fillie
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lovers and friends

Sweet friends to lovers story. Wasim and Imani had an undeniable chemistry. Loved everything about this book from start to finish. As an African I’m always happy to come across an African H or h. I highly recommend this book.Sad we are at the end of the series but I can always reread the series or read ms Diamond’s other books 😊
Keicia White
May 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Queen of Barrakesch

I love friends to lovers, arranged marriage and couples fighting their attraction to each other. With Wasim and Imani I get all of that and more. Even though they tried to fight it I loved the attraction and chemistry between these two. Great story and I couldn't put it down. Loved all the books in this series. 🙂🙂
Kellie
May 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Slow burn

Surprisingly the last book in the series was more of a slow burn. The pacing of Wasim and Imani's story was a slower pace than the prior two stories. I enjoyed it nonetheless, however I wish the ending had been more than a couple paragraphs. Hopefully we'll see these characters again.
Cheryl Sherrod
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Royally good....

I do so love reading about royal families and the quest to achieve relationship goals. Wasim and Imani did not disappoint. My only complaint is that I wish they had gotten together sooner. Great way to finish up the series.
Carolyn
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Royal treatment

Yes, the queen had her way with the king. He did not stand a chance with the strong-willed Princess. And he wanted her to be his wife, his queen. I loved her tenacity and her resolve. An excellent story too.
Tanya T
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved It

A great ending to a series. This was a well written storyline. The passion, friendships, and family relationships are just a few aspects of the story. The chemistry sizzled off the pages. You won’t be disappointed.
Deserie
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When The Eyes Meet

Imani is one tough cookie,I loved how she stands for what she wants.
Until handsome Wasim came after her in a technical way
And she had to give in to the love they both have for each other,brilliant reading lots of excitement and entrainment
With Farouk.
K. Vincent
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book 3 Worth the Wait

The story of Imani and Wasim was well worth the wait. I enjoyed the way the story was written. We know that they are attracted to one another but it's not obvious how they will get together and love one another. The twist in the end was a nice surprise.

• Seduced by a Steele (Forged of Steele #12)
  • Caden's #Situationship (To Marry a Madden #3)
  • Claimed by a Steele (Forged of Steele #13)
  • Collision Course (Clarke Brothers, #1)
  • Show Me (Irresistible Husband)
  • Oops! (Oops!, #1)
  • Do Me (Irresistible Husband)
  • And This I Swear (In The Heart of a Valentine #7)
  • Betrayed (Atlanta's Finest #5)
  • Impromptu Seduction (In The Heart of a Valentine Book 8)
  • Carter's #Undoing (To Marry a Madden #4)
  • Release Some Tension
  • Loving Man
  • Teach Me
  • Me + Somebody's Son: A Heights Story
  • #Blessed By Malakai (To Marry a Madden #1)
  • Hunted (Atlanta's Finest Series Book 6)
  • My Muted Love (Muted Hopelessness #1)
Delaney Diamond is the USA Today Bestselling Author of sweet, sensual, passionate romance novels. She's also the owner of Garden Avenue Press, a digital-first press where she publishes other authors. Born and raised in the U.S. Virgin Islands, Atlanta, Georgia is now her home. She reads romance novels, mysteries, thrillers, and a fair amount of nonfiction.

When she's not busy reading or writing, s

Royal Brides (3 books)
  • Princess of Zamibia (Royal Brides #1)
  • Princess of Estoria (Royal Brides #2)