Start by marking “The Wanderlust Diaries: It's a long way home from here.” as Want to Read:
The Wanderlust Diaries: It's a long way home from here.

The Wanderlust Diaries: It's a long way home from here.

"The Wanderlust Diaries is a fun, steamy read that will take you through the gamut of emotions and have you snorting with laughter. After the last page, you’ll be tempted to book a plane ticket somewhere wild."

Get swept into the journey of a funny but deeply damaged young woman who lies to everyone, including herself. Packed with sexy encounters, raw adventures and unexp
Published September 13th 2019 by Iron Bird Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Wanderlust Diaries, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wanderlust Diaries

Start your review of The Wanderlust Diaries: It's a long way home from here.
Kristel Greer
May 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was asked to review The Wanderlust Diaries by Maria Martinco and she told me it was a cozy beach read. However, I was blown away by the depth of the characters, the complex and compelling story and the overall feel of the book.

The storyline is centred on Charlie who seems to be running away from her life back in the US and trying to find herself on an around the world trip. We follow her as she journeys to the night life of Bangkok, an Elephant Nature Park, learning to surf with Shane, the Chr
Debbie Rozier
Sep 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book!! I loved it from the moment I opened the book and Charlie with 600 books on her Kindle and having flown only one other time, is on a plane to Bangkok from Flint, Michigan. She plans on seeing the world and experiencing a different life than what has been a less than ideal life in her 23 years. This book is a journey for Charlie not only miles wise but also a healing and learning journey. Charlie is such a caring character (she is a RN) and at the same time such an i ...more
Brittany (Bringonthebookswithbrittany)
Remember that feeling of stepping out of your comfort zone?☀️

That is what main character, Charlie experiences when she leaves the safety zone of her town, Flint in order to travel around the world. First stop...Bangkok! During her trip, she has some amazing experiences as well as a few flings along the way. More importantly, she learns more about herself as a person on her journey of self-discovery.🎉

I found the writing interesting which kept me turning the pages in order to see the character’s n
Samantha (my_read_feed)
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
⠀⠀
This book is a quintessential beach read. The chapters are nice and short, the writing is easy to read, and the story is STEAMY. Seriously, the main character gets down and dirty like every other chapter (maybe every chapter in the beginning). Plus, most of the book takes place on a beach - what could be more beach-read like?
⠀⠀
One thing i would caution is if you hate “millennial speak”, i.e. LOL, IDK, like, etc. then you migh
Kristi
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was back and forth with this book. Sometimes, I really liked it and sometimes, I just didn't. But for all of the dislikes, I kind of ended up liking it whole lot. I still had some issues, but nothing to warrant it less than four stars. The book kept me on my toes and I was NOT expecting things to happen like they did. I thought this was a real travel journal and it just wasn't, which ended up being kind of cool.

But for once in my life, I thought the sex was too much in the first half of the b
Gina
Apr 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Loved Charlie's free spirit and feisty approach to life. ...more
BreeAnn (She Just Loves Books)
What I Loved: I LOVED this book from start to finish! The author’s writing style was so captivating! Have you ever sat down with a friend and they told you the craziest story? That’s what this felt like. I sat down with a friend and they told me of their travels. I got to hear the ups and downs and her side commentary. We laughed and cried together. It was amazing!

How I Felt: I have this book categorized as romance, and it definitely is, however, it is so much more than that. There are a lot of
Charisse Moritz
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Charlie has an around-the-world ticket, and she’s on a quest for adventure. She’s running from her past, looking for excitement and experiences bigger than Flint, Michigan. Her travels take her to exotic locations across the South Pacific, rescuing elephants, learning to surf and meeting interesting people. Her independence and snark are great camouflage for a girl searching desperately for acceptance and a place to belong.
On a little Fijan island, she meets Malaki, the calm to her storm. He’s
Feb 03, 2020
Tiffany Cellura
Feb 25, 2020

• The Hating Game
  • Bloody Genius (Virgil Flowers, #12)
  • The Subtle Knife (His Dark Materials, #2)
  • The Golden Compass (His Dark Materials, #1)
  • Twice in a Blue Moon
  • Counting Flowers
  • The silent T: Encouraging "I CAN" Attitude
  • Yellow Crocus (Freedman/Johnson, #1)
  • A Basket Full of Figs
  • Drew And Jot: Dueling Doodles
  • How to Make a Shark Smile
  • The Girl Who Spoke to the Moon: A Story About Friendship and Loving Our Earth
  • The Child of Auschwitz
  • The Girl Who Rode a Shark: And Other Stories of Daring Women
  • Luster
  • The Boss Who Stole Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #1)
  • Holy Ghost (Virgil Flowers #11)
  • The Octopus Curse
Maria Martinico is the author of many epic meal plans that never came to fruition. A graduate of a middling state college with a completely obsolete degree, she enjoys using her job in marketing to observe the darkness of the human condition. She lives in the Rocky Mountains with her crested gecko and a number of carefully-tended grudges.

Her debut novel, "The Wanderlust Diaries," is a love letter