Start by marking “Code of Conduct (Cipher Security, #1)” as Want to Read:
Code of Conduct (Cipher Security, #1)

Code of Conduct

(Cipher Security #1)

There are three things you need to know about Shane P.I.

1) P.I. is not her last name, it’s her job title,
2) Her specialty is catching cheaters, and 3) She’s a superhuman—kind of.

Gabriel is a security expert for Cipher Security, and a former UN Peacekeeper with a fierce protective streak that finds its focus on the beautiful P.I.

Their attraction is like an elephant in a roo
Paperback, 1st Edition, 364 pages
Published October 15th 2019 by Smartypants Romance

To ask other readers questions about Code of Conduct, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Code of Conduct

Start your review of Code of Conduct (Cipher Security, #1)
Penny Reid
Jul 30, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition

Do you miss Alex and Dan and Quinn? You can catch up with them and the rest of the Knitting in the City gang in Code of Conduct by April White which is ALIVE and available everywhere across the internet! Grab it today!

** eBook Links **
Amazon: https://amzn.to/2oAwgAi
Apple Books: https://apple.co/2Bdd5zd
Nook: http://bit.ly/2MLOExQ
Kobo: http://bit.ly/32dGZix
Google Play: http://bit.ly/2IUnKTt
Add to your shelf on Goodreads: https://bit.ly/2MraecK

** Blurb **
There are three things you need to know abo
Antonella
5 plus stars

Just the fact that I added this to my favorites of the year should tell you everything there is to say!

I LOVE THIS BOOK

Everything about this book was just perfect;

- the writing is flawless
- characters are smart, unique, badass, equally both hero & heroine
- the plot is engaging, keeps you guessing till the end; also it is very current what happening in the world right now, and just like many Penny's books will make you learn something new or it will make you research about it
- side
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 STARS

Such a lovely story, I really don't know why I haven't tried this author before!I fall in love immediately with the story and I just couldn't put it down!It was fun,refreshing,sweet and heartwarming!The concept was brilliant and the characters lovable!

description

I loved everything in this book, it has suspense and the romance is on point!I adored both characters and they intrigued me!Shane and Gabriel make me swoon!Such a great personalities!Their romance was sweet and sexy!

description

I loved the writing so
April
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition

The Cipher Security series is free to read in kindle unlimited for the next couple of months!
Code of Conduct: https://amzn.to/3feRM2K
Code of Honor: https://amzn.to/2VWxjs4
Caitlin Reads
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I highly recommend this book! This is the second book I have read in the Smartypant Romance series and I have loved both. Code of Conduct takes place in Penny Reid’s Cipher Security world. I absolutely love a modern romance mixed with a mystery so this was the perfect set up for me. April White created two amazing characters as the leads in this novel. Shane is a strong willed PI with a vulnerability that made her really likable. She is also an amputee which I thought was depicted beautifully an ...more
DJ Sakata
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Favorite Quotes:

“You must wonder what attracted me to you,” Dane said with a knowing smile. Actually, I was mentally calculating my billable hours and hoping to be done here in less than thirty minutes because … round numbers. “You read my mind,” I said with a low, breathy voice. To my own ears I sounded asthmatic, but experience had taught me that horny guys dug breathless women.

I looked at his phone. “Can I see your profile? I’ve been trying to decide if I want to join.” … “Go ahead. Just don’
Aisling Zena
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 stars

Just a quick note letting you know that this series is part of the Smartypants romance by Penny Reid. This one specifically is a spin-off of the first book from her series Knitting in the City and revolves around the security firm Quinn Sullivan, the hero of that book, owns. Several characters from the Knitting series appear including Fiona and Sandra.

I wouldn't even have known about this if not for my lovely friend Kate and her fab review! Had no idea about this series whatsoever and aft
Smartypants Romance

Do you miss Alex and Dan and Quinn?! You can catch up with them and the rest of the Knitting in the City gang in Code of Conduct by April White which is ALIVE and available everywhere across the internets! You don't want to miss this one people!

** eBook Links **

There are three
Curlyhairlass19
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
“The rules are different for both of us, and I can’t pretend to know what your rules are, just as mine must be baffling to you. I assume you’ve never been a woman—” he smiled at that, which let some of the tension seep out of his features “—and you appear to be in possession of all of your limbs, while I have no idea what it’s like to be black in America, nor how an English Jamaican Nigerian man navigates a landscape full of assumptions that have nothing to do with who he actually is.”

To say I l
Lana (Bibliomedico)
ARC provided by the publisher & Social Butterfly PR, Thanks for giving me the opportunity to read the book.
*********************
Let Me Tell You Guys, THIS BOOK WAS AMAZING!
I loved it so much, Every detail, every character, every intelligent and sarcastic Remark, Literally Every scene.

SHANE , Badass , Smart , Courageous , beautiful , fighter , inspirational and cinnamon Roll at heart , Is probably one of my all time Favorite Heroines .

GABRIEL , Kind , strong , handsome , Supportive and just …..
Sheena ☆ Oh, the Sheenanigans!

I wanted to like this. I tried to like this but I got nada from the read. Let's be honest as a reader, when you find yourself skimming more pages than what you're actually reading it's probably best to let this go before anyone got hurt.
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)
Love, Love, LOVE this book!! Code of Conduct reads a bit like a suspenseful urban action adventure with lots of slow burn romance mixed in.

“I can do soft and gentle–I’m actually a fairly gentle guy.” She chuckled at that. “But I’m not feeling very gentle at the moment. I—” I struggled to find the word. “I crave you. You’re like the air when I’m underwater, or like fire when I’m frostbitten. I need to smell your hair, taste your skin, feel the weight of your body on mine. I am so f*ing hungry fo
Wendy'sThoughts
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: April White Fans, Penny Reid Fans, Romance
4.5 A Beautiful Partnership Stars
* * * * 1/2 Quick Before It Is Gone, ONLY 99CENTS!!!
2019 Next Generation Indie Book Awards Finalist in Romance!!!
I had a full review lording the wonders of April White's writing, the slow burn and this being a Suspense/Romance. I then did something I haven't done in a very long time...I went and clicked the wrong button and poof...the entire review GONE.

So there is that. Love April White's writing, the story was very strong with a bit of a ramp-up and then slow
Bookphenomena (Micky)
DNF @25% unrated

I'm DNFing this, not because it's a bad book, I was definitely interested in where it was going but I couldn't finish because the book upset me with a joke about asthma. Side note - I have severe asthma and I'm sick of seeing cheap jokes about any health condition (especially those that are life threatening). For me, it's lazy writing, there are other ways of injecting humour into dialogue/narrative without doing this. Here's the line that got me:

To my own ears I sounded asthmati
Nicole Emerald Book Reviews  McCurdy
Code Of Conduct by April White.

‘“You could never be normal.  Extraordinary is not normal. Stunning is not normal.  Brilliant is. Not. Normal.”’

“Code of Conduct” is an exciting new chapter in author April White’s admittedly already impressive writing resume.  Known for her incredible fantasy action adventure books (Immortal Descendants series- look it up, you won’t regret it), April has taken her remarkable talent as a writer and combined it with the insight gained from her personal skills as a f
Eliza
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, sept-2019

★4 STARS★

I’m a first time reader of April White and I don’t think I could have picked a better book for my first outing. Aside the intrigue of the project, I was very much won over by my enjoyment of her writing and wit. Code of Conduct a story of espionage, suspense and romance, all wonderfully tied together by two kick ass leading characters.

Gabriel is a security expert for Cipher Security and his path crosses with Our Heroine Shane as they both are investigating a mutual person of interes
maggieandteddy
Audio review July 2020- from Audible. It's on Hoopla as well. Well. I love this! Very good narration. Gabriel's narrator is so good. Love the Brit accent. Shane is very cool and as kick-ass as ever. I'm glad that I read the book first, since there's a lot going on. I would say that you could listen to the audio before the book. I loved how many Knitting in the City supporting characters there were. There was no taking away from Shane & Gabriel's smokin' hot chemistry!
****************************
Lady Heather
"5- Breaking down the barriers, Stars!"

This book was such an enjoyable read.
Loved the characters, writing, and story!

I LOVED Shane's fierceness, strength, fearlessness.
Gabriel was a perfect partner for her.
The whole time I was reading "Code of Conduct" this is who I pictured as Gabriel.

Great story!

"An ARC of this book was provided by SocialButterflyPR in exchange for an honest review."
lazybookconqueror
3.5 Stars

Code of Conduct is a full-length romantic suspense novel, can be read as a standalone and is book#1 in the Cipher Security series, Knitting in the City World, Penny Reid Universe.

We follow the story of Shane P.I (not her real name), who (as the fake name suggests) is a Private Investigator who specializes in catching cheaters. Shane also has a prosthetic leg, is super athletic and determined, and with the help of her amazing crazy-scientist-like prosthetist ,Sparky is always going above
TabReads
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A full 5-stars, full stop.

It is an understatement to say I’ve been excited about the SmartyPants Romance venture with various authors adding to the Penny Reid canon. I am a gigantic fan of The Pennyverse, follow Penny on all the various social medias, and delight in discussing her books at length with anyone who cares to do the same. I was thrilled to see the contemporary romance world she built would be expanded, and when April White was announced as one of the authors, I knew the Pennyverse w
Kate
Note to self: Go back and start reading the books from the beginning. There. Maybe that will help me stop reading them out of order.

But now to Code of Conduct. I know Ms. White from her paranormal/time travel series (which is a must read IMO.) and AW is a fantastic writer. This is her first time dipping her toes into the romantic comedy suspense genre.

If you know a bit about the series then Cipher is the security company that is run by Quinn Sullivan Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1) by Penny Reid and Dan the Security Man O'Malley Marriage of Inconvenience (Knitting in the City, #7) by Penny Reid
Stephanie Jodway
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: smartypants
I was thrilled to receive an ARC copy of Code of Conduct. I had first come across the start of this story in Penny Reid's "Cocktales" anthology, and out of all of the tales it contained, this one immediately grabbed my attention. It checked all of the boxes for books I love, and I am happy to say the novel itself delivered.

1. I love a good romance. Code of Conduct is straight up SEXY. The build of the relationship was equal parts hot and sweet and hilarious and had all of the feels.

2. I love a g
Ashley
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This book is one of my favorites of 2019.
It checked all the boxes for me: Well-developed, smart characters with undeniable chemistry, an intriguing plot, real world social issues/current events. “Code of Conduct” was everything I hoped it would be.

I am a huge fan of Penny Reid’s Knitting in the City series, so the idea of other authors writing in her world for SmartyPants Romance was bo
Cassandra Martin
April White is an exceptional writer! This book drew me in with it’s characters, and their banter. I love that the author brought in social and cultural issues that we see and deal with in everyday life, and it fits in perfectly within the Penny-verse. Smart romance is truly a thing, it makes you think, you learn new things, and that why I love it. Can’t wait to read more by this author!!
julia ♥
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ignoring some of the cringey pop culture references in favor of the CUTE
Sara Escobedo
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
[ARC generously supplied by author; Honest reviews only]

I. LOVE. THIS. BOOK.....
This story is everything a true fan of the Penny Reid "Pennyverse" could ever want! First off, this is TOTALLY able to be a stand alone and in many ways incorporates 2 different universes, "Knitting in the City"(KitC) and "The Winston Brothers", with a seamless narrative construction. We know so many of these people and they are brilliantly integrated. We are now focusing on a total universe and a fuller narrative. A
Mari
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

April White is a new author for me but I do like these partner type mysteries or action theme for this. Plus I've always liked the Cipher group and wanted to explore that world. It started out as a solo private investigator thing for Shane but stumbling upon what she thought was a cheating husband turned into more. Enter the Cipher team, we see Dan, Quinn and Alex plus some other guys including Gabriel. These two had cat and mouse thing at first, a tentative friendship then partners in
Amy Dickinson
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Overall Grade: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Code of Conduct, one of the books of the SmartyPants Romance group, is a story of finding one’s place. Disguised as romantic suspense, this book is a reminder that we all need a place to belong no matter our life situation. In the case of this story, it takes being loved to help the heroine open herself up to the possibilities of what it means to live.

Shane is a private investigator tasked with helping spouses confirm their spouses are cheating on them. One night, she me
Ezinwanyi Chinyere
Shane (not her real name of course) is a PI who was hired by a suspicious wife who wanted evidence of her husband of cheating. Once they confirmed his infidelity, Shane hacked the man’s bank account and initiate some of the funds to the wife’s account.
Gabriel, employee of Cipher Security, was assigned to discover who stole money from their client’s bank account. That assignment put him on Shane’s radar. Thus began the slow burn dance between Shane and Gabriel as Shane tries to evade Gab
abire
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"His heart beat a tattoo against mine, and the bare skin of our stomachs felt as though it had fused together.
“I taste you in my dreams,” he murmured against my mouth. “I think about kissing you ten, fifty, a hundred times a day.”

4.75/5 stars.

full review on my blog : https://dreadfullybookish.blogspot.co...

I adored so many things about this book, it was not at all what I expected; in a good way.

Usually, I gravitate more towards female characters as my favorites in books, mostly bec

• Sticking to the Script (Cipher Office #2)
  • Weight Expectations (Cipher Office, #1)
  • Prose Before Bros (Green Valley Library, #3)
  • No Whisk No Reward (Donner Bakery, #3)
  • My Bare Lady (Scorned Women's Society, #1)
  • Cutie and the Beast (Cipher Office, #3)
  • Crime and Periodicals (Green Valley Library #2)
  • Happy Trail (Park Ranger, #1)
  • Stud Muffin (Donner Bakery, #2)
  • Love in Due Time (Green Valley Library, #1)
  • Beef Cake (Donner Baker, #4)
  • The Treble With Men (Scorned Women's Society, #2)
  • Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4)
  • Batter of Wits (Donner Bakery, #5)
  • Carpentry and Cocktails (Green Valley Library, #5)
  • Baking Me Crazy (Donner Bakery #1)
  • Stranger Ranger (Park Ranger, #2)
  • Been There Done That (Leffersbee, #1)
APRIL WHITE has been a film producer, private investigator, bouncer, teacher and screenwriter. She has climbed in the Himalayas, survived a shipwreck, and lived on a gold mine in the Yukon. She and her husband share their home in Southern California with two extraordinary boys, their dog, various chickens, and a lifetime collection of books.

Book one in the Immortal Descendants series is the 2016

Cipher Security (2 books)
  • Code of Honor (Cipher Security #2)

News & Interviews

“I don't want to sound like a badass, but I eject my USB without removing it safely.” 3 likes
“You could never be normal. Extraordinary is not normal. Stunning is not normal. Brilliant is. Not. Normal.” 1 likes