Start by marking “Love in Due Time (Green Valley Library, #1)” as Want to Read:
Love in Due Time (Green Valley Library, #1)

Love in Due Time

(Green Valley Library #1)

Naomi Winters will be forty--soon-ish--and she's only been with one man. One night. One time. Long ago. She believes everything happens for a reason, and the universe spoke about Nathan Ryder.

Nathan Ryder isn't the same man who hightailed his bike out of Green Valley eighteen years ago. As a rule breaker, women are one area he acts a fool. Case in point...the local librari
Published October 22nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Love in Due Time, please sign up.

Start your review of Love in Due Time (Green Valley Library, #1)
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Let me start by saying LB Dunbar has outdone herself, I've NEVER read a contemporary romance like this before. It's mature, understated, resigned love or lack thereof..second chance comes driving on a motorcycle and parks straight into my soul & that of Naomi

description

I loved loved loved this unusual story. I say unusual because the character sketch was novel. A free spirit, whose religion is Nature & Universe is waiting for 18 years for a bad boy who locked her heart and took away the only key!! She does
Penny Reid
Jul 31, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition

This is how I feel about this.
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quote:

I don’t want any second-guesses about my intentions. Only second chances.

My Review:

This captivating tale was unusually cast and singularly crafted. It featured a second chance romance for a tenderhearted small-town Wiccan librarian that was circling forty, socially awkward, peculiarly clad, and practically a virgin - how more original or creative could a premise be? Written in my favorite dual POV, the writing was thoughtfully observant, painstakingly insightful, and fraught with
Phuong ✯
"That's why I love books. Books are stable and steadfast. Reliable. Books are comfort from heartache and hope from despair."

This book and especially the writing was not for me. Words and sentences got repeated so much that it made my reading experience pretty unpleasant.

Do you know how many times the word 'goddess' was used? I'm telling you: 71 times.

Naomi is a 'Wiccan'. It's a belief where they celebrate nature, purity and most importantly the spirit of women. So the word goddess is us
Syndi
Sep 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Now this is sweet. I am a fan of a geeky librarian and single dad on motorcycle. Miss Dunbar is one of my favorite author. Especially when she writes a romance for mature or seasoned characters. I am not going to say old!

The story is slow but sweet and fun. Naomi ( I love the name) is Wicca. What is Wicca? You just have to read it. Nathan is sexy. Silver fox sexy. Their dates are just sweet. I wish I can tag along.

The pace is slow. I have to admit at the beginning, I am bored a bit. But I manag
Elizabeth
Oct 22, 2019 marked it as nope-nope-nope  ·  review of another edition
Authors are really scraping the bottom of the barrel to come up with ways to have heroines be celibate and virginal while the men get to do whatever they want. Two decades celibate is absolutely ridiculous in 2019.
Dali
With the expansion of the SmartyPants Romance by Penny Reid, she has opened the door to endless opportunities for incredible romances steeped with all the all the wonderful feels.

Love in Due Time is a wonderfully sweet, sexy and moving second chance story about Naomi Winters, the quirky almost forty-ish librarian “who practices self-love in hopes of reviving her inner goddess” and has always kept a piece of her heart set aside for Nathan Ryder, the man-boy who disappeared without a trace eighte
Smartypants Romance

We are so excited to announce the lovely and fabulous L.B. Dunbar, Author's book for Smartypants Romance. 'Love in Due Time' is the first book in the Green Valley Library Series, a contemporary romantic comedy, and can be read as a standalone.

RELEASE DATE: October 22nd, 2019

** PRE-ORDER LINKS **
Amazon: https://amzn.to/2LPJCm8
Apple Books: https://apple.co/2SQQ4df
Nook: https://bit.ly/333ClEs
Kobo: https://bit.ly/2ZmQSZE
Google Play: https://bit.ly/3314Xya
Add to your shelf on Goodreads: https://bit.
Caitlin Reads
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"I'm all tangled up inside over you. I'm stuck on you."

I stayed up late last night finishing this one. Love in Due Time is a great second chance romance featuring Naomi, a local librarian in Green Valley, and Nathan, a sexy biker and dad. I loved that this book featured two characters in their late 30's instead of your typical 20's/early 30's. I absolutely adored both Naomi and Nathan and loved watching their relationship grow. I also really liked learning about Naomi's Wiccan religion and found
Antonella
There is something about second chance romance that just from the beginning of the book makes me sad... especially when I come to learn about the reason why the story is a second chance romance...
This is my first read by this author...I will read her books in the future for sure..

Now about this book...is an okay book I guess...
It is a (view spoiler)

I love that the characters are mature.
I enjoyed the side characters and Winston's brother'
Kim
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
When I was about a quarter of the way through “Love In Due Time,” I got bored. TBH, nothing was really going on between Naomi and Nathan – there was just a lot of backstory-telling (e.g., Naomi’s mysterious past that caused her brother to die; Nathan’s bad choices in biological mothers for his daughters; their one-night stand; repeated questions, “Does he remember me? Why didn’t he do as he had promised? Why didn’t he call?” /// Does she remember me? Why is she dressed like that? Why is my 17yo ...more
Cassandra Martin
Love in Due Time is a true example of a second chance romance. Naomi and Nathan have such chemistry, even after 18 years! They were brought together and torn apart in one night. I loved Naomi’s humor, with her signs and different ‘types’ of humor, I was laughing out loud at some of them. The way that Naomi describes kissing Nathan was amazing, comparing it to different baked good, cause who doesn’t love baked goods! Stuck on you was such a wonderful theme and word choice that they used to descri ...more
Curlyhairlass19
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
4.25 Wolf and Nae stars!

This was such a good second chance over 40 year old romance if I’ve seen one. LB Dunbar definitely reigns supreme in this genre, and she did not disappoint! I fell hard for Nathan and Naomi. I mean, who doesn’t love a silver fox, rebellious biker and a single dad to boot. He was absolutely wonderful. 18 years worth of unrequited type of love between him and Naomi. I loved that fact that Naomi was basically a virgin...you have to read to understand my “basically” meaning.
Sheena ☆ Oh, the Sheenanigans!

Mmm… it was okay. I did like how the author featured Wiccan elements and mature characters leads into the storyline. Otherwise did anything else stand out? Not really. Pretty mediocre if you ask me in which case put why I put this read in my drop pile.
M.  [storme reads a lot]
This book is fantastic. It’s mature romance. It’s just so good! There’s a library in it. Plus, it’s set in the same universe as The Winston Brothers so you know it’s going to be fabulous. Naomi and Nathan are a wonderful second chance couple. This is the first book I read by LB Dunbar, but it’s not going to be my last. I’m planning on reading all of the books set in the universe of Green Valley along with finally finishing The Winston Brothers so I will just be doing short reviews or I’ll never ...more
lazybookconqueror
This book you guys... WOW.

This had everything that I love in a contemporary romance.
An interesting plot full of mysteries that you have to piece together while the story moves along. Set in a LIBRARY. A quirky heroine that is not afraid to be different. And while she is smart and self-fulfilled she still has a lot of insecurities to deal with. A sweet, vulnerable, and yet incredibly badass hero, full of tattoos and some delightful silver scruff.

We follow the story of Naomi Winters, a 39-year-o
Oct 06, 2019 rated it liked it
I can see that I’m totally in the minority here but this book isn’t for me. I have been so nervous about writing this review! I know how much hard work, sweat and tears that go into this whole book process.

Let me say that I love L.B. Dunbar. I mean, really really, love this author. She is one of my go-to authors. I recommend her every chance I get when a reader asks for the genre she writes. I love her Facebook fan page. She is great on interacting with ‘us fans’ and one day I hope to meet her.
*The Angry Reader*
I started this book a few months ago and made it to somewhere between 20-30% before giving up. Having recently returned to this book universe, I thought I’d give it another try.

The theme I’m seeing in these books, besides the geography, is that the heroines offer a far wider sample of what you’d expect to find in the actual world - fictionalized - Bc we need a little more drama than car-line. (Truthfully, there is no greater drama than car-line. Wars are fought in car-line. Battles won and lost
Paula
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
"Miss Naomi, why aren't you married?"
Oh my. "Well, Professor Snape could never get over Lily."

YOU GUYS THIS BOOK, I LOVED IT It's heartwarming, funny, hot, sexy, everything you are looking for in a contemporary romance book is here. Love in due time is a book about second chances, about universe's messeges, about forgiveness, family and love.

I loved the main characters so bad. Naomi is a close-to forty yo woman and works as a librarian in the town library. When she was 21 something h
Alexandra
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gimme all the LB Dunbar books 😍😍, I love her stories.

This second chance romance is beautiful.

Naomi and Nathan once met each other in a bar and after a passionate night, some broken promises and a devastating accident later Naomi now lives alone in a house near the woods. The librarian is a Wiccan and thus the talk of town. Nathan once was a prospect for a MC and is now a father of two girls. 18 years after their unforgettable night they meet again. A sign?!

Absolutely great.
The protagonists are
shms
Nov 05, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
@41% and after being on hold for a few days I've decided to tap out. Life is too short.
Nicole Emerald Book Reviews  McCurdy
“Love in Due Time” by L.B. Dunbar
(Smartypants Romance)

#Review #SmartypantsRomance #SecondChance #Olderprotagonists

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

‘His eyes rake down my long coat draped to the top of my boots. It’s functional but it keeps me warm.

“Friday then,” I say, unable to fight the grin curling my lips. Nathan shakes his head with a soft chuckle.

“Witch or not Naomi Winters, you’ve put a spell on me, and I don’t want it broken.”’

Author LB Dunbar’s writing for “Love in Due Time” is an exquisite and elaborate art form,
Roxs Reads
L.B. Dunbar has out done herself and blended her signature sexy, silver-fox alpha with an MC twist and given the readers a superb story. Love in Due Time is a beautiful addition to the Green Valley world. A heartfelt second-chance romance with its own special spin which I found refreshing and interesting.

As an avid reader, I find it is easy for stories in the same genres to start to blend together and become predictable and almost mundane. Not so for Love in Due Time, which has a mix of several
Lana (Bibliomedico)
Check Out My Blog For More Reviews , Recommendations , Authors Interviews and More : https://bibliomedico.wordpress.com/

ARC provided by the publisher & Social Butterfly PR , Thanks for giving me the opportunity to read the book.
*************************
" That's Why I love Books . Books are stable and steadfast. Reliable. Books are comfort from heartache and hope from despair . Maybe Julianne Should put that on one of her signs . I sigh . What will I do Without My Books ? "

I must say that
Carissa
This was my first read by L.B. Dunbar. This one for me was just ok. I like the fact we have late 30's for the main couple, but I wasn't connecting with the characters. I did like some parts with the bikers which added some interest in the story. But overall the story was way too long for what it was.

I received this book at my request and have voluntarily left this unbiased review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
E-Reader Addict
I need to confess that when I first saw this book cover my thought was "SOMEONE IS TOTALLY COPYING PENNY REID'S WINSTON BROTHERS SERIES!" and I was all incensed on Penny's behalf.

Then I read the synopsis, and thought "hmmm...something really is fishy here" - but then realized there are a bunch of spin-off series written by a bunch of authors writing in the Winstonverse and I got so excited!!! Sadly, that excitement was fairly short lived.

I've read L.B. Dunbar a couple times. I really want to l
Tricia
Oct 24, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’m sorry but I really struggled to get into this book. At its core there was a good story and there were aspects I enjoyed, mainly those parts involving Nathan. I loved the chapters from his point of view and the interactions between him and his daughters, and I would’ve loved to have had some more in depth scenes with them.

I believe that my inability to fully engage with the story was that unfortunately, I could not connect with Naomi at all. Despite being almost 40 years of age, there were ce
Kaila
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020, with-children
2/5 stars

I didn't dislike this book by any stretch of the imagination, but it was definitely my least favourite from the SmartyPants world so far. This book just perpetuated so many tropes that I dislike in romance books. I really just couldn't buy into the whole story that Naomi and Nathan had a one night stand EIGHTEEN YEARS AGO and she never got with anyone after that. It was like the author was trying to still have the virginal trope with a more mature (she was 39) heroine. On top of that, I
2OCC Reviews
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Second chance love always makes me happy. Not everyone gets that IRL, but in books when characters find their way back to one another, despite what stands in their way, it makes me smile.

LB Dunbar’s excellent storytelling in Love in Due Time, Green Valley Library #1 is a page turner from the beginning. Nathan is definitely from Ms. Dunbar’s sexy silver fox world, in which she has dominated with her brilliant writing. His and Naomi’s story is full of all the emotions that will lead to total satis
Heather andrews
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nathan is quite a tease, “so you aren’t totally opposed to my wand in your cauldron?” I flirtatiously tease." Nathan is duch a smooth man, “you’re drinking,” I say which isn’t really the first thing I want to tell her. I want to tell her she’s beautiful..." I liked this book, I liked Nathan.

• Stud Muffin (Donner Bakery, #1)
  • No Whisk No Reward (Donner Bakery, #2)
  • My Bare Lady (Scorned Women's Society, #1)
  • Happy Trail (Park Ranger, #1)
  • Baking Me Crazy (Donner Bakery #1)
  • Weight Expectations (Cipher Office, #1)
  • Beef Cake (Donner Baker, #3)
  • Sticking to the Script (Cipher Office #2)
  • Batter of Wits (Donner Bakery, #5)
  • Code of Conduct (Cipher Security, #1)
  • The Treble With Men (Scorned Women's Society, #2)
  • Stranger Ranger (Park Ranger, #2)
  • Cutie and the Beast (Cipher Office, #3)
  • Code of Honor (Cipher Security #2)
  • Been There Done That (Leffersbee, #1)
  • Upsy Daisy
  • Engagement and Espionage (Solving for Pie: Cletus and Jenn Mysteries Series, #1)
  • Beard Necessities (Winston Brothers, #7)
Receive once-a-month updates and more with Love Notes: http://bit.ly/LoveNotesfromLBDunbar

L.B. Dunbar has an over-active imagination. To her benefit, such creativity has led to over thirty romance novels, including those offering a second chance at love over 40. Her signature works include the #sexysilverfoxes collection of mature males and feisty vixens ready for romance in their prime years. She

Green Valley Library (7 books)
  • Crime and Periodicals (Green Valley Library #2)
  • Prose Before Bros (Green Valley Library, #3)
  • Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4)
  • Carpentry and Cocktails (Green Valley Library, #5)
  • Love in Deed (Green Valley Library #6)
  • Dewey Belong Together (Green Valley Library, #7)

News & Interviews

“That’s why I love books. Books are stable and steadfast. Reliable. Books are comfort from heartache and hope from despair.” 1 likes