Start by marking “Tether” as Want to Read:
Tether

Tether

In the middle of the night, an explosion rocks Cambridge, Massachusetts and wakes Saul Signalman from bed. Blue, ethereal light pulses into the sky. A FaceTime call pulls him away from the view. It’s his wife, consumed in light, bidding him farewell. And then—the call ends. The explosion of light intensifies. The power goes out. Electronic devices stop working. In the dead ...more
Published September 24th 2019 by Breakneck Media

To ask other readers questions about Tether, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tether

Start your review of Tether
Reeda Booke
I love most books by Jeremy Robinson, but I struggled to finish this one. I am not a big fan of Kaiju themed books, and I didn't know this one was about that subject. Otherwise, it was action packed and writing was good, just don't care much for the subject matter.
Jeff
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Modern Day Master of Science Fiction Yet Again Breaks New Ground. I've been calling Robinson "The Modern Day Master of Science Fiction" for at least 5 yrs now due to the fact that there are few if any areas of science fiction that he hasn't touched in some way. He's done monsters (of all kinds). He's done zombies. He's done time travel. He's done space opera. He's done kaiju. Etc etc etc etc

And now he's done ghosts. Robinson style.

Yet another wild ride that will make you question just how cl
Shawn Deal
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, action
This is a very good novel. Ghost Kaiju. Yeah, I didn’t see that one coming. And this is everything you want in a Jeremy Robinson book. I do wish, however, he would go back to writing in third person. I had a lot of questions about things in this novel. Not about the story itself so much, but I just would have loved to know more about the experiments before hand. Don’t get me wrong, I love Jeremy Robison and will continue to eagerly read him. I just wish he would mix it up a bit between third and ...more
Steve
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sci-fi meets ghost story... with monsters! All of the fast-paced adventure one comes to expect from a Robinson thriller, plus humor and heart. But my favorite part of the book was the ending. I'm always happy when I can finish a book feeling like a story ended exactly how it needed to. The book ended and I was smiling.
Carol
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
I picked this audio book up to listen to while knitting, but when Jeremy Robinson cranked up the emotion, it made it difficult. Jeffrey Kafer did a great job narrating the book and drawing out the emotional feelings. Tether takes the action to a new level with creatures you would never expect, and bonds that last longer than death.
Wenzel Roessler
Aug 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book hits the ground running and does not stop, and goes places I was not suspecting. Great plot and full of well written action, although for me it became a bit repetitive. For the first time for me and Robinson I did not care for the characters right away, I finally warmed up to them but it took some time. Could be he tried to hard too give them some depth too early on, but I did not care for most of them at first.
Ammon
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This review is for the audiobook version of Tether by Jeremy Robinson and narrated by Jeffrey Kafer. First of all, I have to tip my hat to Robinson and/or his audiobook publisher. In most audiobook covers, the narrator's name is usually considerably smaller than the author's. Here, however, they share equal billing and are touted as "The #1 Audible Bestselling Duo". I love that the narrator, in this case, is getting respect and acknowledgment for their contribution.

Now to the review ...

Each time
Cherei
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tether is mind-blowin' adventure from beginning to end! I absolutely loved every bit of it! It starts out with Saul receiving a phone call from his wife who works with secret squirrel mysterious scientific think-tank. They have developed something that literally blows a huge hole in the middle of Cambridge, Massachusets!

Saul hauls arse to his wife's lab... despite seeing the explosion with his own eyes. Hoping against hope that somehow he will be able to find her alive. As he's one of the first
Julie Carter
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
With Tether, Jeremy Robinson introduced me to a whole new world in the Kaiju universe, that of the "reisergeist", or ghost Kaiju.
Saul is home alone while his wife is at work at Spec Trek, when he awakes from an Ambien induced sleep to tremors shaking the floor. It takes him a minute to realize that it is real and not a hallucination. He looks outside to find a blazing blue column of light right at the core of Spec Trek. As he picks up the phone to call his wife, she calls him on FaceTime. He see
Jaime
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request and have voluntarily left this review.

Mr. Jeremy Robinson has quickly became one of my favorite authors! Each book I've had the pleasure to review has left me gripping my seat with anticipation and emotion. This one did not disappoint.

A wonderful sci-fi thriller, with well written characters and beautifully written plot.

Narration was excellent and draws you into the story. Over all five stars for me!
Dustin
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A different kind of kaiju story

Tether is not what you think, but man is it a blast! I couldn’t stop reading it, and before I knew it, it was over! Great book, check it out. I can’t wait to check out the audible next!
Superbunny
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
i thought it was sci fi, it started strongly the first 2 hours of the audiobook. then ghosts, witches and warlocks came into the picture and it all went downhill from there. i do read fantasy, but this was just boring.
J.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Another fun Jeremy Robinson book. I don't care anything about kaiju books or movies, but Robinson has never failed to entertain me.

Great narration.
Jack
Apr 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jeremy has become a very good writer with some of the most original plotlines in the industry. He is in some ways unique, honest, and sometimes believable. What I have discovered is that he has become a formulary writer. You can almost see where the story is going long before it happens. I enjoyed this book, but I wish he would have incorporated a few more twists, more FBI action, and more military action to protect the cities.
Genette Schmeling
May 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Unique use of tether

Once again Jeremy Robinson creates a story with kaijus I wasn't expecting. Saul finds out the hard way that ghost kaijus and the real world do not mix. What his wife was involved in will test his trust and his life. Fast paced and kept me guessing in few places but I would recommend to anyone who enjoys monster kaijus stories.
Matthew Cole
May 30, 2020 rated it liked it
A book that started off really well. I enjoyed meeting and getting to know everyone in the group. I liked the idea of giant monsters (kaiju). Somewhere in the middle though it just lost me. I didn’t like what the kaiju were. I didn’t like a certain twist. I didn’t like a guy at the end. Everything that was built up so well, to me, just came crumbling down. Ah well.
Padders
Apr 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Well.... My first sitting of this book I looked at my progress and it was over 60% and then polished of the rest today! First time reading Jeremy Robinson I'm definitely late to the party but it wont be my last for sure!!! Still need to digest this one in all honesty
Matthew Barbeler
Apr 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: action, kaiju
One of the more unique kaiju stories around. Ghost kaiju! This story is so full of action that sometimes I needed to put it down to take a breather. Lots of cool ideas in a slick, page-turning package.
Calvin E. Weaver
Sep 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow, again. Another whirlwind of a story!

The second novel I've read by Mr. Robinson, but definitely not the last. Great storyline, fantastic characters, and a thrill a page. Thanks for letting me into the world of other world of Rain, Dali, Brute and of course, Saul. Highly e!
Barbara
Feb 21, 2020 rated it liked it
Interesting, but a bit too supernatural for my tastes.
Licia Pannucci
Apr 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wow

What can I say but that! I loved this book. The characters, the storyline, the non-stop action. I can't wait to read Unity. Thank you for that free ebook!
Larry Franklin
May 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
I agree with the author, weird start and how the story line proceeded from there. It was a great read and was fast paced. I would recommend this book.
Aaron
3.5 Stars, rounded up as it was a page turner. Not my favorite Jeremy Robinson novel, but very well written although the fantasy elements were a bit over the top.
Trevor
Aug 26, 2020 rated it liked it
Another trip into the kaiju world but with a difference. Good book that moves at a nice pace, with the Saul and Rain partnership working well.
Rob Foster
Sep 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good wierd but still wierd. I was expecting something very similar to Project Nemesis and instead was treated something resembling a western approach to Bleach.
Bonnie Toenniessen
Oct 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a thoroughly fun read

I meant to take my time with it but couldn't put it down. Original ideas, well written. Good job - strongly recommend!
Ciarrah_withanh
It didn't hold my attention.
Sorry, Jeremy. 😫
Elaine Marriotti
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good read

I really enjoy this author and the characters that he develops in his books. I suggest that everyone should read him.
James
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Consistently puts out great books.
John

• From Hell: Alex Hunter 8
  • Claw
  • The Fossil
  • Feast (Hunger #2)
  • Extinction Plague (Matt Kearns #4)
  • Season of the Witch (Event Group Thriller #14)
  • 3zekiel
  • Primordial Island
  • The Cold
  • Colony (Final Days #2)
  • Refuge Omnibus Edition (Refuge 1-5)
  • The Snow
  • The Enigma Cube
Jeremy Robinson is the New York Times bestselling author of seventy novels and novellas, including Apocalypse Machine, Island 731, and SecondWorld, as well as the Jack Sigler thriller series and Project Nemesis, the highest selling, original (non-licensed) kaiju novel of all time. He’s known for mixing elements of science, history and mythology, which has earned him the #1 spot in Science Fiction ...more