Start by marking “The Long Shadows of October” as Want to Read:
The Long Shadows of October

The Long Shadows of October

When Joe and Danny take on the job of housesitting Snowden Manor, they fail to realize they won't be in the house alone. Inside the walls swarms a specter made of equal parts ghost, succubus and witch, and she uses the manse as a prison for souls. Now that October's supermoon is falling over the mountains, she is ready to rise and reclaim her flesh.

Kayla has a crush on Joe
Published September 17th 2019 by Grindhouse Press

To ask other readers questions about The Long Shadows of October, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Long Shadows of October

Start your review of The Long Shadows of October
Sadie Hartmann
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was ok
Review Originally in Scream Mag May/June 2020
One could say that there is a shortage of succubus stories out there. But then again, how many succubus stories do we need? It all depends on the quality of the story. Given the nature of a succubus (female demons that prey on vulnerable men through sexual intercourse), a whole novel about such things could teeter over the edge of horror fiction into erotica and that may or may not be enticing for some readers.
For me, I’m looking for character develop
Emily
Oct 07, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Tonight was going to be a very special Halloween."

I really loved the idea of The Long Shadows of October. It starts off really well, and I loved the succubus story.

I had a hard time maintaining interest at some points - there was often more sex than horror, and it felt like overkill at times. I just get bored reading about it when it's the same thing throughout the book, but that may just be me. There were also some odd language choices like breasts being "bashful" and "engorged" that kind of
Matt Turner
Dec 12, 2019 rated it liked it
a decent little horror read

An old premise done fairly well. It was a little too long in some places, but it kept me interested enough to air it to the end. 3/5
Chris
Mar 14, 2021 rated it really liked it
I'd been hearing about Kristopher Triana for months before taking the plunge on an ebook that sounded intriguing and set during Halloween for the most part. Then it seems lately his name exploded, largely due to his latest release and not soon after, his own entry into the Splatter Western series from DHP.

I can certainly see why. The dude has some horror chops. Brutal and unflinching ones.

The aforementioned horror novel centers around teenage senior Kayla and her crush on town bad boy Joe. Joe
Tiffany Long
Nov 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this! I wanted to get to this last month but I wasn’t able to. The Long Shadows of October was so much fun to read! Two male teens are offered a housesitting job that they can’t refuse. On their first night there, they realize they aren’t the only ones in Snowden Manor.

Everything about this book was great, but my favorite aspect of the book was all the perspectives (especially Horace’s)!

I’m looking forward to reading more of Triana’s work because this was fantastic!
Ornella Calcagnile
Recensione completa su Peccati di Penna

Questo romanzo è un horror particolare, forte, a volte però più che truce l'ho trovato delirante perché alcune scene descritte sembrano frutto di allucinogeni; ma ciò denota solo molta fantasia da parte dell'autore nell'ideazione e bravura nelle descrizioni.

L'incipit ci serve sul piatto adolescenti e una vecchia casa enorme che da subito si mostra per quel che è: un regno di terrore con rumori e strane apparizioni.
Ciò che mi ha colpito di questo testo è la
Travis Davis
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Truly a spectacle to behold

Kristopher Triana does it again, this book is just a masterwork of horror in every sense of the word.

Triana writes characters that jump off the page that you as the reader can actuality root for and care about deeply.

His writing for the teenage characters are spot on and the man has an amazing way of voicing his female characters and writes them assuredly and with an authenticity that can’t be mimicked or faked.

This book much like its subject matter bewitched me and
Patty Ward
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Halloween

Great book about witches and their bizarre night moon rituals. Lots of erotic sex and depraved killings and exciting adventures.
Lilith Cross
Want a horny teenage romp? Read this book.

Truthfully, there were times when I put this one down and wasn’t sure whether I’d pick it back up. Too much sex motivation for me to care about the main characters, and the lore seemed to fold in on itself - I wasn’t sure if the author wanted to obey his own rules. I wouldn’t say it’s about “female-empowered sensuality” as it claims on the blurb on the back - more about females realizing their sexuality could cause men to do whatever they wanted.

The boo
Aleksandar  Sogno tra i libri Blog
Presto la recensione!
Brendan Steere
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is pretty good, but not as focused as the best of Triana’s stuff. When it hits it hits well, but I must admit that the middle felt somewhat padded, leading to that somewhat awkward feeling of “an expanded short story”.

That being said, the book IS damn fun and I enjoyed most all of it. You in for horny teen witches and The Misfits? Welcome home, traveler: you’ll dig it.
Brent Lorentson
Apr 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun one

A fun story that makes witches fun, scary and sexy all at once. This would be one helluva fun movie plenty of sex and violence to entertain from start to finish
Corrina Morse
Jan 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant! And what a finale! Loved it!
LouchoBi ⚓
Dec 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: challenge-2020
Leggi la mia recensione sul BLOG !!

lina
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wish i was a virgin again lol

I loved loved loved this book...love the story telling and was telling the book off and people staring at me like WTF...my sister was like why u talking to the book and i had to tell her a character pissed me off...i don't do spoilers so if like sex demons and virgins then this is ur book...5 succubus out of 5
Jesse Bollinger
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a great mix of daemonic horror, creepy ass haunted house and extreme horror. This story had all the elements that I love put together in a great package. I’ll definitely be reading more of this authors work.
Nicole

• Clown in a Cornfield
  • The Damned Place
  • Survivor Song
  • Skin Medicine
Kristopher Triana is the author of Full Brutal, Gone to See the River Man, Shepherd of the Black Sheep, The Ruin Season, Toxic Love and more.

His fiction has appeared in countless magazines and anthologies and has been translated into multiple languages, drawing praise from Publisher's Weekly, Cemetery Dance, Rue Morgue, Scream, The Ginger Nuts of Horror and others.

Full Brutal won the Splatterpunk