Start by marking “The Sunderlands (World of Aureum, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Sunderlands (World of Aureum, #1)

The Sunderlands (World of Aureum, #1)

A Kingdom of Men is pushing the Elven clans of the Sunderlands over the brink of extinction. The mortal counterpart to the God of Death, Keres has the power to stem the tide of bloodshed. As brutal civil war threatens to tear her homeland asunder, she struggles to control her gift without succumbing to a curse of unslakable blood-lust.
When her people are attacked, she
Published September 15th 2019 by Anastasia King Books, L.L.C.

To ask other readers questions about The Sunderlands, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sunderlands

Start your review of The Sunderlands (World of Aureum, #1)
Chloe Hodge
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
A fantastic start to an enthralling series! This book has action, romance, mystery, and dark intrigue, and I cannot wait to read more from the author.

King has a way with words that draws you in and begs for the pages to keep on turning. Her effortless descriptions give you a real taste for what the protagonist is feeling as she embarks on her quest.

Keep an eye on this author— she’s got talent!
Joanna Freire
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm excited to be finally writing this review! It might be a long one, so be prepared(:

This book was incredibly easy to get into once I sat down to read. Chapters would fly and then I'd look at the time and ask myself, can I fit in one more chapter? The answer was always yes, and I still don't regret the late nights reading this. I was enthralled.
In that regard, this book helped me get out of a reading slump. Sometimes I just need to unwind and read something I enjoy, which this book was for me.
MLB (back from Webtoonland)
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this little devil of a book! Can't wait to see what's next! ...more
♣Bel♣
Mar 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Sunderlands

4 stars

The dominant thought in my mind while reading ‘The Sunderlands’ was “this would make a phenomenal movie”. I rarely say this about books because I can’t envision the scenes playing out so visually in my head as well as I did for this one. And that is because, Anastasia’s writing really brings scenes to life so vividly. She’s a phenomenal writer and it was visible in every single sentence. Her action scenes literally gave me chills, I can still see them as if I was watching
A.damn.good.book
Jul 30, 2020 rated it liked it
❄️ The Sunderland - Anastasia King (Strong Sex Scenes)... This book was a turning point for me in my bookstagram world, It’s the book that made me decide to do away with star ratings. I was torn about what rating to give this one, but there is so much value to this book that I realized I also need to process my emotions before jumping in and writing a review. There is no doubt to me that King is a very good writer, her writing will intrigue those who like wordy, lyrical almost poetic scenes that ...more
lorraine liehe
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliance

This story is crafted to lure you into a world like no other. Anastasia writes with a vividness that makes you feel like you’ve never actually seen the world in all its glorious colors and grandeur. I read this book slowly partly because I didn’t want to miss any fine detail (there are many).

Her analogies and comparisons in every detail of part one builds a world so enthralling that wrapping my brain around its concept had me reeling with delight at her pure genius of word play.

Keres
Courtney
Mar 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
I knew I was going to enjoy this book as soon as I saw @pagesoverpeople raving about it and that’s why I immediately picked it up and (almost) immediately started reading it!
So I found myself struggling in the beginning because there was a lot of world building and I did find myself a bit confused at times but once I hit about 100 pages in I was hooked ( I blame me being impatient from a previous book putting me in a slump lol). I loved the fact that this was a world surrounding elves, it was ve
Sierra Noe
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. Keres is super badass along with many of the other characters in this book. I killed it in one sitting & I'm already anxious for the next. For this to be a first from the author I'm shocked & excited to know it only gets better from here. Fans of Laura thalassa & Amelia Hutchins will love this book! ...more
Zoe L.
Mar 09, 2020 added it
This book was a slow burn romance between me and the story. I went into it seeing it being rated a New Adult and expected to devour it, but it turned out that there was so much more to the story than I was expecting! So, I wound up REALLY taking my time reading it. Which is something of a rare occurrence for me, as I am typically a binge reader. BUT, there are some books that just deserve your time and consideration.

Ok, but honestly, all I really have to say after finishing this book is: What th
Niah Delamotte
Feb 28, 2020 rated it liked it
I read my first independently published novel this year, by Anastasia King. I came across her book through bookstagram, and found her content on the writing process fascinating and insightful. When I heard that her book was free on Kindle Unlimited, I immediately signed up for a free trial and started devouring it!

This high-fantasy revenge story felt right up my alley, and the worldbuilding did not disappoint. The pantheon of Gods was full of intrigue, and I would love to see them explored even
Ossiris Gutierrez
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
You know when you realize a book is good ?
When it inspires you to write something. When it leaves you craving more and when you have to take 2 cold shower because you’re in bed sweating from the tension.

My absolute favorite part about this book wasn’t the tension or the angst, the romance or the political intrigue . Although they all played part, my ABSOLUTE favorite part of this book was Keres. She is fierce and loyal. She is herself throughout the whole book. Since the first page you learn
Manon
Jul 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was really enjoyable. At the beginning, I wasn't sure about this book at all, and I had a hard time getting into it. But once I did and the story picked up pace, I found myself really invested. I especially loved the world-building; it left an amazing impression on me. I couldn't fully connect to the main character and her motives, though, but it didn't bother me much overall to lower my rating. A great read all in all. ...more
Anastasia King
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
As the author, I'm just feeling blessed that my debut novel has been received with so much love. THANK YOU to anyone who leaves an honest review here on Goodreads and on Amazon. It's the HIGHEST form of support you can show any author. Reviews help authors create more magic. So, you're a wizard if you write one ;)

My priority is getting my story out to readers, and I even personally GIVE AWAY free copies to those who ask. Wanna know how you can get one? Keep reading.

You can see The Sunderlands fe
Michelle
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 glorious stars! I read this book in one day!!!!!! It was so good, I loved every aspect of this world. Keres is a fierce warrior and is used by the god of Death. You could really feel all the inner turmoil she goes through during the story. All the feels. ❤️ It is a mystery adventure read with the juicy bits of sex. I don’t think I’d call it a RH or love triangle but at this point there are a few love interests, I can’t freaking wait to learn who she’ll end up with. If you love pnr or fantasy, ...more
Hannah
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
We meet our main character Keres as she is doing her calling tending to the dead. She is a ‘midwife of dying souls’ as they leave this world for the next she helps them on their way.

As we learn more about Keres we learn her connections to the gods and their histories. She feels such guilt for the fact that she lived whilst her hunting group died, it is her job to do their rites.

We also are given an insight into Ivaias past and her connection to the Queen, they are such strong and powerful wome
M.C. Beeler
Dec 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great entry to a new adult fantasy series!!

I received a copy from the author for an honest review and what can I say, I really enjoyed this novel. The characters were real and fleshed out. I never felt there was a dull moment in this story or never found myself skipping paragraphs—every word, every action packed scene was worthwhile. I also really enjoyed the romance (😍) and mystery that unfolded throughout the plot. No spoilers, but overall this is a great first entry into the series and I can
Jules
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
LOVED THIS BOOK!!! 👏🏻👏🏻 Characters like Keres are my favorite, blood thirsty and rash. I flew through this book, completely entertained from start to finish, and I cannot wait for book 2!!!
is-a-bele ღ
Apr 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
4.5 / 5 stars

i love this book so much it hurts
Jessica
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow this book became one of my favourite books from the first day i started reading it from day one cant wait to read the next book KERES U R UNBELIEVABLE! Anastasia created an amazing character and so much more if u havent read it yet GET READING ALREADY!
Adrianna States
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was so thought out and beautifully written! I enjoyed this book so much, I left off on page ten and once I returned to read it, I stayed up all night reading it! I love how Anastasia took a lot of time with her world building and gave a lot of very important information about the Gods in Elven culture.
Some parts I felt like were random, but the more I read on, those parts were quickly redeemed as very important.
The romance screams ACOTAR to me. I don’t know why, but it does and I’m t
Emily
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jason Powell
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantasy is not my genre. That being said, I won't be able to give a detailed review as to how this book stands in comparison to other books like it. Nevertheless, I will say this about it: Whoa!

Whoa!
Breanna S
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A promising start to a series! At first, I thought I sensed a love triangle, but by the end of it, I'm getting more reverse harem vibes! Excited for book two. ...more
Peachy.Milk
Oct 12, 2019 rated it did not like it
300 pages of... Nothing. Couldn't keep up/be even bothered with the plot. Poor worldbuilding. The romance just seemed too forced.

Perfect book if you just want to waste your time on something you won't even remembr.
Kylie
Apr 18, 2020
Jo
Nov 01, 2019
Karenrob
Jan 06, 2020
Andy Miller
rated it did not like it
Nov 02, 2020
Hillary
Nov 03, 2019
Clare
Feb 25, 2020
All the Tea! 1 3 Mar 10, 2020 05:39PM

• The Bridge Kingdom (The Bridge Kingdom, #1)
  • Flames of Chaos (Legacy of the Nine Realms, #1)
  • The Traitor Queen (The Bridge Kingdom, #2)
  • The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2)
  • 約束のネバーランド 17 [Yakusoku no Neverland 17] (The Promised Neverland, #17)
  • 約束のネバーランド 18 [Yakusoku no Neverland 18] (The Promised Neverland, #18)
  • The Hunt (The Twisted Kingdoms #1)
  • Prose and Cons (Nevermore Bookshop Mysteries, #5)
  • The Castle of Earth and Embers (Briarwood Reverse Harem #1)
  • How Heathcliff Stole Christmas: A Nevermore Bookshop Mysteries novella
  • A Dead and Stormy Night (Nevermore Bookshop Mysteries, #1)
  • Pride and Premeditation (Nevermore Bookshop Mysteries, #3)
  • Memoirs of a Garroter (Nevermore Bookshop Mysteries, #4)
  • Of Mice and Murder (Nevermore Bookshop Mysteries, #2)
  • The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1)
  • From Blood and Ash (Blood and Ash, #1)
  • A Good Marriage
  • Embracing Destiny (The Fae Chronicles #6)
My Goodreads probably says I'm reading like three books, but that really just means three books are sitting on my nightstand. Too much writing to do.

What's Up! I'm Anastasia King. Obsession with cute animals & avocados aside, I promise I'm not your average millennial, Italian girl from Brooklyn.

What started as my best-kept secret turned into a full-blown writing career. After 15 years of hiding m