Start by marking “Ghost of a Chance (Wilde Ways, #6)” as Want to Read:
Ghost of a Chance (Wilde Ways, #6)

Ghost of a Chance

(Wilde Ways #6)

How well do you know the lover in your bed?

Kindle Edition
Published January 21st 2020 by Hocus Pocus Publishing, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Ghost of a Chance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghost of a Chance

Start your review of Ghost of a Chance (Wilde Ways, #6)
Mindy Lou's Book Review
What a great pairing. Tess is an ER doctor who has a traumatic past that has shaped her future. She's one of my favorite kind of heroines because she was completely upfront and honest with James. That seems to be a rare find, so I love it even more when an author gives us this kind of heroine. She is a bit socially awkward but I think that added to her appeal.

If you have read this author before, then you know James is the kind of hero that took one look at Tess and his focus shifted. He saw the
Carvanz
OMG!! Talk about intensity!!! This book has it in spades!

With the exception of two close friends, Tess is a loner. She works, goes home and works some more. She doesnt have time for anything more, and that is by her choosing.

Image result for emergency room messy trauma

But after a particularly awful day, she decides to take one night with James and soon finds herself needing him for more than just one night.

James has a past that has left his hands covered in blood. From the minute he lays eyes on Tess the empty place that was once his
Claire Robinson
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shit-hot-series
4 - "Youre safe with me" Stars!

Another massively enjoyable addition to the Wilde Ways series. James Ghost Smith and Tess Barretts story kept me reading, with the authors usual twists and turns, action, sexy-times and great secondary characters.

She saved lives He took them.

The doctor and the assassin, not a match you would generally pair up, but the heart wants what it wants, and as their eyes meet across the crowded nightclub, nothing will ever be the same again for either of them. Both have
Somia
3.75 Stars

With the exception of two close friends, dedicated doctor Tess Barrett is a loner, one who hates sharing her past and sill finds herself hunted by memories. She works, goes home and works some more, but during a night out with her two friends she and James meet and she finds herself thinking about something other than work. James past is shrouded in blood, death and darkness, he knows he should keep away, but from the get go Tess sinks deep into his skin, and he finds himself unable to
Lynsey A
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves a possessive, super protective hero
5 - There Aren't Enough Words In The World To Describe How Much I Love James - Stars

From the moment we met Ghost in the previous book I was intrigued by him. By the time we got to the end of the book I was dying to know if Cynthia was going to write a book about him. I think I screamed out loud when I realized she already had. January seemed like forever back then.

Well, it was absolutely worth the wait. This is probably one of my favorite Cynthia Eden books and it all has to do with James. He
Marta Cox
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Well here we have the assassin and the doctor so not exactly a combination made in heaven because one takes lives and one saves them ! Ghost aka James who previously made such an impact in this series is trying to do things legitimately but with his past do things ever stay dead and buried ?
Tess has her own secrets but maybe it's time she just dipped her toe on the wild side ? A no strings few nights with sexy James might just be the healing medicine she needs but even good girl Tess has a past
Ann Lorz
Reviewed for Romancing the Readers Blog: https://romancingthereaders.blogspot....

There is just something about Cynthia Eden's writing that keeps me coming back. I just love her books and don't think that from all the ones I've read that I have one I didn't like.

She writes about wonderful alpha men who will do anything they can to protect the people they care about. It doesn't hurt that they are HOT too! And did I mention smart? It's a real turn on for me. Love a smart man.

Now Ghost hasn't been
Devika
Jan 22, 2020 rated it liked it
i enjoy this series...but this didn't work for me...i wanted ghost story but it was more fluff....sorry
Sandy Nikolas
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
James is really good!

Dont let him fool you, James is a good guy. The past gets in the way for James and Tess,but true to our likes, they get their HEA. Lots of action,suspense and twists and turns. Great read and so excited for the next book!
Sandy S
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 stars

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date January 21, 2020

How well do you know the lover in your bed?

It was the hottest hookup of her life. When Tess Barrett spent the night in the arms of the too sexy to be real stranger, she knew she was walking on the wild side. Sex with James Smith was the best EVER. How was she supposed to walk away from that? From him? Soshe didnt. They planned secret dates. More body-melting hookups. The white-hot sex should have been enough.

So why does she start wanting
Catherine Edward

Another romantic suspense with toe curling romance

Cynthia Eden comes back with another action packed romance this year with Ghost of a Chance though I'll call this more of a romance than action.

Dr. Barrett is secretive and a workaholic. A night out with her friends crosses her path with the infamous club owner James Smith. Though attracted to him at a very primitive level, she backs up at the last moment. But when she has a bad day at the hospital, she finds herself at his club again.
Grace
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was ok
This one just wasn't for me. In theory, I could have liked the setup, but the execution was too much instalove and too many different elements of their past intersecting in the main plot drama.

Excited that Linc and Blair are next, though.
Toonasa
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I don't want to give you up. The words tore from her. I accepted your deal. playtime is over.

James, that guy... I am so happy he's got his story, because as of the previous books, I knew he had a story to tell.. & boy did he..😍

James was unexpected in so many ways, his sense of humor especially😁.. being an ex-assassin he's seen a lot of darkness but it's all behind, but... past Always catches up, doesn't it?

From the moment he saw Tess, he fell for her, hard.

Tess, the good ol' doc had her
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Ghost Of A Chance by Cynthia Eden is book 7 in the Wilde Ways Series. This is the story of James Smith and Tess Barrett. I have read the previous books (Loved Them!) which added to my enjoyment of this one but I do feel you could make this a standalone book if you wish to do so.
James has a dark past but now is working as a Club Owner and this is where he sees Tess. Tess is a ER DR who has a bad past that makes her to keep people at arm lengths. So when James and her have their hot night but its
Liz Sergent
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to Netgalley for a advanced copy for an honest review. Ghost is back! I love Cynthia Edens books and I remember Ghost from previous Wilde Ways books and I am so glad he got his story. Tess and overworked ER doctor goes to a club and is instantly attracted to James, the club owner. James has a colorful past working for the government as an assassin. Soon bad things start happening to Tess, is it someone getting to Ghost thru Tess or has Tess past come back to her. I loved these ...more
M **the biggest bookworm**
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, netgalley
James Ghost Smith had my interest since he first appeared in book 5. So mysterious and broody and i immediately wanted to know more about him.
Dr. Tessa Barrett, was a strong woman and yet so vulnerable. I loved how their relationship started. I loved how James became infatuated with her. I loved how possessive and jealous he was but more importantly how protective he became of Tessa.
Tessa is the perfect woman for him.
The suspense and romance is perfect in this authors books. Thats what I can
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Review posted on Got Fiction? book blog

In this latest installment of Cynthia Edens Wilde Ways series, we see a familiar character. I know these are all listed as books that are standalones, and they are, for the most part. However, with this book, if you dont know Ghosts history with the team, I think youre missing out. You wont be confused or anything, dont worry!

When Tess Barrett is out for a girls night with her friends, she cant stop looking at a super hot guy who coincidentally can
Alexa Rivers
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
SQUEE ALERT!!!

This book is everything I never knew I needed. Apparently, I adore romances about ex-CIA assassins who become utterly obsessed with good girl doctors. I was so excited for this book when I saw it was coming out, but Ive only just gotten around to reading it because life has been busy.

Ghost of a Chance made me so happy! Not because its particularly feel-good, but I just loved everything about it. James is such a great antihero type, especially if you like intense heroes who are
Melinda
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ghost Of A Chance was an intense, page turner of a story that I could not put down. This is a thrilling non stop action story with excellent and likeable characters and a really intriguing storyline! Thanks to combustible chemistry, wonderful characters, and a storyline that was not only full of suspense, and drama, but secrets and lies, and it genuinely kept me guessing until the very end. Another massively enjoyable addition to the Wilde Ways series. I absolutely loving this series and cant ...more
Samantha Noriega
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Even the bad guy get his HEA with the least expected person: a doctor. Talk about ironic, but well written. That was a good twist; a former assassin falls in love with a doctor. I loved their story. So far this has been my favorite on the series. I loved how he would just put her first from the moment they met. Lots of action, and suspense. Another amazing story.
Heather
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I adored James in Fighting For Her and now I absolutely love him. I enjoyed the fierce way James both protected and took care of Tess. I found Tess to be adorable and strong, which I thought was the perfect match for James. I loved the suspense and mystery surrounding James and Tess. I will tell you I thought I had it all figured out and then BAM in walked the real villain! I loved it! ...more
Misty
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

I just finished reading this book and it was awesome from beginning to end! I can't wait to read the next book in this series.
Sparkymom
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Finally, Ghost! I've been so ready to get the story on Ghost, and it didn't disappoint. Tess was strong enough to be a perfect match for James. She was exactly what he never knew he needed or wanted. Their story was a perfect sexy and suspenseful addition to this series, and the bonus of featuring Wilde agents Cole, Linc, and Blair made me enjoy the story even more. I truly can't wait to read Blair and Linc's story.

I received an ARC from Net Galley for honest review.
Juliana Chen
Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
YASS!!

can't wait for the next one of the series...

adrenaline flowing..
love blooming..
Trish R.
Mar 18, 2020 rated it liked it
It was just okay for me.
Karen M Stehle
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good book, fast read

Liked this one a lot. Like her no filter honesty and his vulnerability. Good next chapter in the Wilde series.
Kimberly / Love Notes Book Blog
3.5 stars. Quickie review: This was a pretty good read. It is a romantic suspense story between a lonely, formerly homeless teen turned ER doctor and a former military assassin. The story was a little dark and depressing at times. I also found it a bit slow and dry too. It is pretty angsty with a good bit of back and forth between the couple and not many happy times. But I still found the book entertaining and enjoyed it. I liked James and Tess. I was happy to see them overcome their pasts and ...more
Melanie C. Duncan
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Autobuy

If Cynthia Eden isn't an autobuy for you by now, what are you waiting for? Her Wilde Ways books stand alone but also build on each other and keep the romance and suspense high.
Misty
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ever since James "Ghost" Smith came onto the scene I've always wanted to get to know him. Well him and Cole. James has always been an enigma that just makes you ant more. We meet Ghost in his club where he can't seem to keep his eyes off this woman that just makes him curious Tess.

Tess is an ER doctor with a troubled past, has no time for a relationship, and tries to help everyone no matter their situation. Ghost tells Tess the truth from the beginning about who he really is, but of course like
CJ
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved James and found Tess to have a strong kick butt attitude when needed. This is a great book.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Bishop's Endgame (Endgame Trilogy #3)
  • Toxic Vengeance (Vengeance, #4)
  • The Intended Victim (The Agency #4)
  • Knight Awakening (Scorpius Syndrome #6)
  • Hidden Truths (Truths and Lies, #1)
  • Stolen Lies (Truths and Lies, #2)
  • Hero's Haven (Dark Protectors #11)
  • The Last Sister (Columbia River, #1)
  • Alec's Dream (Gemini Group Book 4)
  • Black Out (Black's Bandits #3)
  • Bishop's Queen (Endgame Trilogy, #2)
  • Guardian (Guardian, #1)
  • Brazen (B-Squad, #1)
  • Paranoid
  • Dangerous Tease (The Layton Family, #3)
  • Securing Zoey (SEAL of Protection: Legacy #4)
  • Dangerous Flirt (The Layton Family #2)
  • Dangerous Kiss (The Layton Family, #1)
Award-winning author Cynthia Eden writes sexy tales of contemporary romance, romantic suspense, and paranormal romance. She is a New York Times, USA Today, Digital Book World, and IndieReader best-seller. Since she began writing full-time in 2005, Cynthia has written over one hundred novels and novellas.

Cynthia lives along the Alabama Gulf Coast. She loves romance novels, horror movies, and

Wilde Ways (7 books)
  • Protecting Piper (Wilde Ways, #1)
  • Guarding Gwen (Wilde Ways, #2)
  • Before Ben (Wilde Ways, #3)
  • The Heart You Break (Wilde Ways, #4)
  • Fighting For Her (Wilde Ways, #5)
  • Crossing The Line (Wilde Ways, #7)

News & Interviews