Start by marking “Dark Prince (Blueblood Vampires, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dark Prince (Blueblood Vampires, #1)

Dark Prince

(Blueblood Vampires #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  3,422 ratings  ·  326 reviews
He’s the predator in the night.
Cold. Ruthless. Hungry.
She’s the prey that can’t stay away.

There are only two ways a human can cross the gates of Bloodstone Institute: as a familiar to one of the Blueblood vampires who attend the elite school or as a snack.

I’m neither, but I have to get in at all costs. My brother made a big mistake, and now I have to fix it by stealing fr
Published April 1st 2020 by Infinite Sky Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Dark Prince, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Prince

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Dark Prince (Blueblood Vampires, #1)
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Strange and mysterious things are happening in the supernatural world!

This was a good story about a Blueblood vampire prince who was cursed by the Nightingale Queen and a human girl who has to steal his bloodstone necklace in order to save her brother who is a drug addict and being held by a powerful dragon shifter. There are some pretty complex things going on which are setting the stage for the series, some of these things were answered and some just led to more questions.

First let me get int
Kat Valentine
Jul 05, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good vampire romance! I enjoyed the storyline and the storytelling was great as well. I really loved this spin on vampires and prince Lucca was a sexy young vampire with good looks who was very likeable. And Vivienne was awesome as well. They had a great chemistry and some really good steamy scenes. Their was action and bad vamps and a lot of laugh out loud humor. And some great secondary characters like Saxon a sexy smart vamp with plenty of swagger. And high witch in training Aurora were ...more
Vashti
May 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars..
Many thanks to Lynsey A for bring this pnr book to my attention!
I enjoyed it and looking forward to Aurora and Saxon's story.
Angie
Stupid is as stupid does. That's for sure. I've turned into a walking cliché, yearning for the bad boy. Fuck me.

Hmm. This novel wasn't the dark and brooding vampire novel I was hoping for, but it sure as hell kept me intrigued the entire way through. For me, this novel just simmered around lukewarm and never made me fully feel something. The danger felt watered down and not life-or-death. The romance felt like I was witnessing it through a one-way mirror, able to see it but unable to fully c
Sentranced Jem
Jun 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
I'm slowly making my way to every book written by Michelle Hercules.... I haven't been disappointed so far.

It's no surprise that having really enjoyed reading her Gifted Academy series, I would enjoy this one too.
I am so looking forward to Aurora and Saxon's book.
Nenia ✨ I yeet my books back and forth ✨ Campbell
If it's about vampires, I WILL READ IT ...more
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
DISCLAIMER: I picked this up because I wanted to read some bad wrong vamps.

*cough* DARK *cough*

This is not that.

This is more new adult/emo vamps that would squeal and run away if faced with Eric Northman AND Eric Northman ain't even that bad!

However, I did finish it mostly because of the world building which is pretty good. On the other hand the Mary Sueing is godawful. What's the draw of Mary Sue? I really don't get it but I guess I'm not on the in crowd mailing list.

I'm kind of interested in
Treena
I was lured by the blurb and all the highly rated reviews here on GR but sadly, this one didn’t work for me. I felt like the story and the character development was just on the cusp of being fully fleshed out. Too many dropped hints for (1) future books with the other couples and (2) regarding the overall plot that ties the series together; but not enough, imo, time spent with the MC’s and going deeper into their thoughts and feelings.

I was looking for snark and banter but didn’t find any.
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 stars

This is the setting of a new series around supernatural, think vampires, witches, shifters …and a perfect read in these quarantine time when the brain can’t focus on anything slow paced or uber complicated.

This story was easy to read, compelling, distracting from the doom and gloom with just the right amount of hotness and cocky vampires!

The plot in a nutshell: Vivienne or Vivi has been blackmailed by a Dragon kingpin to steal something from a very powerful vampire Lucca Della Morte
Helen Power
This book was so much more than I was expecting. I knew this was a paranormal romance, but I thought it would just be about run-of-the-mill, bloodsucking vampires. While the vampires do suck blood, it’s clear from the start that there is so much more to it than that. The amount of work that the author put into worldbuilding is quite phenomenal. I love the way that magic works in this world. Hercules includes so many details, yet it never feels overwhelming, and I was impressed by the sheer creat ...more
Briana
So I have been yearning for specifically a vampire fantasy book to read for a few weeks now, and I came across this in my feed on Goodreads and I was instantly intrigued-cause why not?

This was a great and fascinating read because this had an air of young adult fantasy with the ooze of lustful goodness.

The characters were written well. The characters were indeed expected, but remember when I said this had an air of young adult fantasy? Yup. Those are the characters, but I’m not mad though! Lucas
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
SURPRINSINGLY REALLY ENJOYED THIS NOVEL - It was definitely cheesy at times and it was unbelievable and dumb at a lot of times but it was dark like a bully romance and it was fun with the plot twists. I loved it.
Lynsey A
Oh, holy wow, this book was so good and such a surprise! I did not expect to enjoy this book so much. I was just pulled in by the cover. It turned out to be a very good vampire paranormal romance. I won't give too much away (well, I will with spoiler tags) but it had so much of my fave tropes!

💖 Evil other guy comes after his woman and he's all frantic and protective.
💖 (view spoiler)
💖 Make me cry avowals of love between the H
carína
This book 𝙨𝙪𝙧𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙚𝙨 me. I did not much have high expectations diving into this paranormal world, and I'm glad that I ended up liking 𝗗𝗮𝗿𝗸 𝗣𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗲 more than I was hoping to.

The story pacing was good, there's a bit of angst, drama, and hate to love aspect thrown in, and yes the book was predictable at times. Nevertheless, I like the narrative structure, so yeah I truly had a great time reading this one.
Julia
Sep 01, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"I shouldn’t be sending him away. The whole point of me coming here was to get close to him and steal his damn necklace. But I’m afraid of what his constant proximity is doing to me. I shouldn’t be craving his touch when I know how bad he can be."

This was a really unexpected surprise, a good one😍.

Dark Prince in the first in the Bluebloods series by Michelle Hercules who was a new to me author. This is Lucca and Vivi's story.

Vampires, witches, shape shifters and humans, all enrolled at an el
Gabriela
Mar 13, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual rating: 3.5🌟
K.  Ramjohn
Apr 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dark Prince is the first book in the Blueblood vampire series and I was hooked from beginning to end. The story was engrossing and engaging with twists and turns you won't see coming. Lucca and Vivienne's story will have you at the edge of your seat frantically turning the pages. It was a perfect mix of suspenseful yet romantic, angsty and steamy and I loved these characters. The author did a great job with world building and introducing us to this new world and I can't wait to see there she tak ...more
Beneath The Covers Blog
Apr 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, 2020-reads, sonal
Full review can be found HERE --> https://beneaththecoversblog.com/2020...

*ARC provided for a voluntary honest review.* ~Sonal
Irma *Irma The Book Whisperer*
I steal a glance in her direction. Her stubborn chin is raised high, but her mouth is tense, and her brows are furrowed. Her hand is sweating in mine, which would be a major turnoff in any other circumstance. She’s terrified of what might happen in the feeding room. I wonder if she’ll actually try to drink from another human.
This is going to be very entertaining.

Once upon a time a daughter of the House of Gael fell in love with the vampire prince. And once upon a time she was hereby banished fro
Jessica Hailey
I don't know how I feel about this one.

The first half was good. The vampires were ruthless, I loved how Lucca was strong, dark and filed with hatred. His relationship with Vivienne was steamy, and the story packed with action. On the other hand, Vivienne was a bit too weak-minded for me, but I was expecting it with a bitlit. The school setting (even if it didn't really serves the story) reminded me of Vampire School, which is cool.

My problem resides with the other half of the book. Lucca sudden
Tee
Jan 31, 2021 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book is so awful it deserves 4 stars.

It includes centuries old vampires acting like teenagers while attending their version of high school. In line with the high-school theme, these old as hell characters engage in a ton of pettiness. In fact there are cliques; mean girls, a prince who dominates the school with his clique and the posse who kowtows to them.

The prince also happens to be the douche-bag romantic interest of the FMC in this instant obsession saga. Add some wild combination of
Shatarupa  Dhar
Apr 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Synopsis:
Lucca Della Morte is having his reawakening party when he comes across a girl, who tries to steal from him. Him, a vampire! His special night couldn't get any worse as he has to let that thief go due to some other pressing matters.

Vivienne Gale is the lead singer of Nocturnal. But, she has to get to postpone her first major gig in order to save her older junkie brother from the dragon kingpin. Rikkon has always been a troublemaker. To rescue him, her eighteen-year-old self has to st
Chelsea
Sep 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked how we weren't the only ones learning about this vampire world. Vivi was figuring it out right along with the readers. Lucca was so swoon worthy! I loved the writing style and I'm definitely going to continue the series! ...more
Somia
The dark prince awakens after sleeping for 95 year to a truce that has his blood boiling in rage. What he doesn't expect is a human to try and steal his necklace, unsuccessful in her initial attempt he is shocked and curious to find her within the walls of Bloodstone pretending to be something she is not.

I don't know if it's just my mood right now, but this wasn't the tantalisingly dark and dangerous read I was hoping for. The heat between Lucca and Vivienne didn't lash of the page. For the life
Cheryl Sedman
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Omg what a book, totally loved every minute and the journey this book took me on. In the beginning we meet Lucca freshly woken and in a club to feed. This is where we also meet Vivienne who tries to steal Lucca's necklace to save her brother. From here we see the story unfold into an epic read with some crazy twists and turns and plus plenty of strong feeling brought to the surface between Lucca and Vivienne.
Can't wait to read the next book in this series about Auroras and Saxon after the sneak
Olivia Wildenstein
Paranormal romance perfection. Loved the characters, the stakes, the sexy scenes. Will definitely read the next book.
Sue's Romance Reviews
Apr 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This is EXACTLY what I was craving. A suspenseful, engrossing, paranormal story that I could sink my teeth into.

It is a story I did not want to end! And although the next book will not be with the same couple, I will be able to immerse myself into this world once more with a different couple that has been featured in this book. I cannot wait!

Vivienne has been taking care of her oldest sibling, Rikkon, for years. She’s has been getting him out of scrapes and dangerous situations since she ca
Jac K
Story of Lucca and Vivienne. He’s a vamp prince, and she’s a human tasked with stealing from him to save her brother. I liked this, it kept me up to finish it, and I didn’t skim much… it just wasn’t what I was expecting. I’m not sure if it was the cover, or in my head, but I was expecting something edgy and dark. I wouldn’t call it YA, because there’s tons of sex and mature content, (like screwing and biting multiple humans) but the characters are at school… so it did have a bit of that magic-HS ...more
Audrey
The plot is very creative. I think the book had a lot of potential; it just almost felt like child writing. Even the sex wasn't so hot. I felt like it could have been written better.
I still have some questions about the Nightingales. What are they? And why did they create the vampires? Why is it Tatiana vs. King Raphael? Tatiana is also a vampire, right?
Also, they fell in love fast. Even though they're both centuries old, maybe it was just the fact that they were at this academy that made them
Ronja
Apr 04, 2021 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
If I owned a physical copy of this I’d throw it outside and run over it with a car over and over again.

It’s bad. Not just a little bad but very bad.

The whole plot was so predictable that it’s almost funny.

I usually don’t read romance books that contain vampires or werewolves and 5 minutes into the book I remember why. I don’t get why drinking blood is seen as sexy. How “I want to feed on you” is supposed to be hot.

I also feel like the characters have little to no development. Also Vivienne g

• Court of Ruins (The Fallen Fae, #1)
  • Ruthless Idols (Gifted Academy #2)
  • Blaire (Dark Romance, #1)
  • Held
  • Hateful Heroes (Gifted Academy #3)
  • Rydeville Elite Box Set
  • Havoc at Prescott High (The Havoc Boys, #1)
  • Waiting for my Queen
  • Arranged (Sinners of Boston, #1)
  • Paine (Rosewood High #2)
  • Fearless (Steel Demons MC, #3)
  • Zodiac Academy: The Reckoning (Supernatural Beasts and Bullies, #3)
  • Six Months With Cerberus
  • Magical Academy for Delinquents (Pinnacle, #1)
  • Dear Enemy
  • Nyx (Dark and Dirty Sinners' MC #1)
  • Shadowborn Academy: Year Two (Dark Fae Academy #2)
  • Heartless (The Privileged of Pembroke High, #1)
See top shelves…

Blueblood Vampires (3 books)
  • Wild Thing (Blueblood Vampires #2)
  • Forgotten Heir (Blueblood Vampires #3)

News & Interviews

Readers just can't get enough witch stories in 2021. And what's not to love: It's not everybody who can attend shadowy academic societies,...
“God, will you quit with the sugary nicknames, brother? It’s nauseating.” 2 likes
“Okay, now I’m annoyed. It seems my lack of modern knowledge has made me the butt of a joke.” 2 likes