Start by marking “The Last Goodbye” as Want to Read:
The Last Goodbye

The Last Goodbye

SOMETIMES THE PAIN OF LIFE BRINGS A NEW BEGINNING...

Widower Dominic Dunn isnt sure what to think of his wifes pre-planned trip for him a year after her death. Its her effort to force him from his work desk to the coast and the peacefulness shed found at the Carolina Cove Inn.

Innkeeper Ireland Cohen is a single mom with an impressionable son, and after the kid gets himself
Kindle Edition, http://www.kaylyonsauthor.com
Published March 2020 by Kindred Spirits Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Last Goodbye, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Goodbye

Start your review of The Last Goodbye
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
The Last Goodbye is a perfect beach read, especially since it is actually set on the beach. This is a new to me author writing about one of my favorite places, the beaches in North Carolina. The story would be mundane if not for the excellent writing and the fantastic setting.

Dominic Dunn arrives at the hotel owned by Ireland Cohen, not sure hes going to stay. The vacation was pre-booked by his wife, who had passed a year before. But Dominic is charmed into staying by a precocious ten year
KL Cassanello
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Before Dominic's wife died, she made arrangements for him to take a vacation at the shore, to mirror one that she had taken with a girlfriend after her diagnosis. He shows up at the inn, not intending to stay for more than a day or so, but Lisa had prepaid for the suite for two weeks. As he talks to Ireland, the innkeeper, and her son, Samuel, and thinks about the letter from Lisa, maybe he'll stick around for a bit longer. Ireland is a single mom, working at her family's inn, struggling to keep ...more
LJT
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this sweet and well-written story by new to me author Kay Lyons. The Last Goodbye takes place on the coastal side of North Carolina. In the summer, the area is flooded with tourists and during the off season the locals get to relax a bit.

Ireland Cohen is a single mom and an innkeeper. Her ex did quite a number on her, so she is very cautious about getting involved again. Then Dominic Dunn walks into her life and all bets are off. Dominic is a widower and has two grown children. His
Penny Leidecker
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book Ive read by Kay Lyons and I loved her writing. Im looking forward to reading more of her books. Widower Dominic Dunn comes to the Carolina Cove Inn a year after his wife, Lisas death. She left him a letter and wanted him to visit the place that brought her happiness, after her diagnosis. Ireland Cohen, single mom to Samuel, is the manager of the Inn. Samuel misses a male role model in his life, since his dad has a new family and doesnt have time for him anymore. Dominic ...more
Karen Roma
Mar 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
My first read by Kay Lyons filled me with sadness, a wistful kind of happiness and the deep-seated hope that good people really do get second chances at love. Nothing can break a persons spirit like the loss of their forever love but fulfilling a promise and encountering the innocence of an abandoned child, may ultimately lead to a new beginning and a second chance at living. This is a deeply emotional story, but it flows so effortlessly that you become easily caught up in the highs and lows of ...more
Ewa
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
He recently lost his wife and will to be happy. What he didnt know that his wife had a plan and know he has to fulfill her wishes.
He didnt expect that this trip will change his life again.
He could have life and happiness back. Will he use this opportunity?
This is very enjoyable and engaging book. Storyline is good and characters have great chemistry

Melissa
Mar 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: booksprout
This is a second chance romance that's gonna tug at your heartstrings, Dominic is a widower whose wife arranged for him to take a vacation in the Inn she went to on a girls trip after being diagnosed. Ireland is a single mom to an impressionable ten-year-old, whose father left them for another woman.
I may be reaching it but God I felt a PS I love you vibe and I'm a sucker for that.

Barbara
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book one in the Seaside Sisters Series. What an ending! Widower Dominic Dunn and single Mom, and Innkeeper Ireland Cohen meet again at the Carolina Cove Inn she was a good friend to his deceased wife. This is a must read book. This is the first book by this Author that I have read and I want to read more by her. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Sheila
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful book with a single mom Ireland and widower Dominic. His wife planned a trip for him a year after her death to the Carolina Inn which Ireland owns and had been a source of comfort and serenity for her after her diagnosis. Ireland is raising a teenage son who gets into a little trouble and Dominic steps in to help guide him. As they spend more time together their friendship turns to more. Now he begins to understand why he was sent on this trip.
Kristi
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great summer read. Grab your copy, find your favorite reading spot and get lost in this wonderful romance. It's well written, the characters are wonderful and you'll love everything about it. No spoilers here so grab your copy today so you can find out why it's so great!

Cami
Mar 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Widow man. Single mum. Can love give them a second chance?

Its a sweet story, full of clichés but it leaves you feeling good and believing that you can too one day find your soulmate, your other half.

3.5/5 🌟
Pat
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
The beautifully written storyline and the well defined characters captured my attention from the very beginning and kept me turning the pages until the very end!
Destiny Brown