Start by marking “Lessons From My Mother's Life” as Want to Read:
Lessons From My Mother's Life

Lessons From My Mother's Life

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  3 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Debuted at #1 in the Historical Fiction Short Stories category!

It was the 1950s. The war was over and women could go back to being happy housewives. But did they really want to?

Women in the 1950s should have been contented to live a Leave it to Beaver life. They had it all: generous husbands with great jobs, comfortable suburban homes with nice yards, two cars, and
Published March 29th 2020 by Dreambook Press

To ask other readers questions about Lessons From My Mother's Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lessons From My Mother's Life

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Lessons From My Mother's Life
Janet Graham
Mar 09, 2020 rated it liked it
Depressing Set of Stories
This is a collection of short pieces that are all pretty depressing. They feature women who have settled for less in their lives. The author has taken the normal strife and struggle of life, blamed it all on society (men, mothers, children and the job market). There are no married couples working together for a common goal. There are no parents overseeing the sibling babysitter. While these scenarios certainly can exist, it is because we let them. I would guess that her
Cindy Rae
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great short stories that really do speak to what women had to face mid 20th century. It was a pivotal time for women and some of the things I remember myself, but I know my mother absolutely could have personally dealt with some of the experiences described in the book! I found that somewhat comforting and thought provoking at the same time. Very interesting and enjoyable, you should give it a read!

Disclosure: I received a free copy of this book in return for an honest review.
Tianna McPherson (Anna Lee)
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was an interesting story. It was hard for me to get into it but I still liked it. Some might enjoy it more than I but it's worth the read. I give it 4 stars. I voluntarily read and reviewed this book as an Advanced Reader's Copy.
joey
Stephanie D. Brown
Janice Menard
Marion Bockwich
Apr 02, 2020
Tam May grew up in the United States and earned her B.A. and M.A in English. She worked as an English college instructor and EFL (English as a Foreign Language) teacher before she became a full-time writer. She started writing when she was 14, and writing became her voice. She writes historical fiction that examines characters in the social and psychological contexts of their time.

Her first book,