Start by marking “False Start Fairy Tale” as Want to Read:
False Start Fairy Tale

False Start Fairy Tale

Adèle Villeneuve is attempting the impossible. At twenty-four she’s opened an events company in her small French village, which at last count has a population of 1501. Even her parents tried to stop her. But Adèle has a plan. Or, at least she did.

Then the Reniers returned to town.

Kindle Edition
Published June 9th 2020

To ask other readers questions about False Start Fairy Tale, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about False Start Fairy Tale

Start your review of False Start Fairy Tale
Carissa
Apr 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is my first book of Kelly's and I DO have The Sea of Lost Things as well so I'm excited to read that one too. That first chapter made me sad but in a good way because Kelly really showed the emotions from Mae and Tom. Finn and Adele, love this couple. What I was not expecting was the past some of these people had, and I'm leaving it at that because I don't want to spoil the story. Lets just say it was unpredictable and the pace was good.

I really love this cover too.

I received this book at m
Julie - One Book More
Apr 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance

False Start Fairy Tale is like a modern-day Romeo and Juliet without all the tragedy and death. When Adele Villeneuve, owner of the only events company in her small French hometown, learns that her family’s arch enemies, the Reniers, are returning to open and events-company, she is determined that they won’t run her out of business. As Adele and Finn work together instead of against each other, there seems like there could be hope for both businesses and families.

However, the more she gets to kn
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
Hands down one of the sweetest, most romantic story I have read this year! My heart is overflowing with love!

Adele and Finn’s story is one full of angst, laughter, family and most importantly forgiveness! The heat between these two was felt from the second they met! Each interaction only heightened the desire and when they finally caved to the heat it was felt through the pages!

I loved more than anything how the author weaved the past into the present! Finn and Adele’s fates weren’t their own
Nadia
May 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book exceeded all expectations I could have. I was so invested in all the characters since they were really well developed.

It didn't feel like the book dragged on for too long as I kept hooked to the development.

Can't recommend this enough, so well written!!!

An e-copy of this book was kindly provided to me by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review
Bruna
Jun 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, favourites
Thank you NetGalley for providing a copy!
Synopsis:

Then the Reniers returned to town.

Aside from the dilapidated chateau that’s sat in ruin for the past forty years, Saint-Germain is known for one other thing: a bitter feud between the Reniers and the Vil
Crystal
May 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
I enjoyed Adele and Finn’s story. This is my first book from this author and she kept me interested enough that I’ll definitely be reading more from her!
SH
Jun 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is definitely a book to treasure. I found myself reading late into the night, wanting to read on but not to finish. I so enjoyed this book and found the romance and all the history of the two families fascinating.
After the first chapter, which will have you hooked, the book alternates between Adele Villeneuve, the owner of an events company in her hometown of Saint-Germain and Finn Renier, the son of her father’s hated enemy. From their very first encounter, Adele and Finn are destined to r
Beatriz Venturini
Apr 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing. From the first few chapters I was hooked to the characters and the story. The book starts with a mystery, and throughout the story, along with the characters, you get clues and start putting together what happened, why these families have this 80-year-long feud.

The characters are well developed and likeable, and the main characters have an amazing chemistry. All the supporting characters are very interesting as well. You know enough about their backstory to understand why t
Kathryn
May 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
I knew from the moment I saw the cover with Chateau de Cheverny that I had to read this book, so I was very excited to receive an advanced copy from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

As stated I absolutely love the cover. I went to France in March and was able to visit Cheverney so I love that the image was used for the fictional chateau in the story. I had not read a book by Kelly St-Laurent so I didn't have any expectations good or bad for this book. I devoured this book reading it in
Aman Dhesi
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a delightful read!

I love reading novels that unfold like a cinema in my mind and FSFT achieves this. Everything from the vivid details of the French setting to the build-up of chemistry between Adele and Finn and the depiction of the ongoing rivalry between the Villeneuves and Reiner family is so compellingly written that I couldn’t put this book down.

The thing I loved the most about this novel is the characters. Reading through the story Adele and Finn felt real. I was invested right
Connie B
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As Finn approaches the table, I feel my breath become unsteady. For all the confusion on my end, there's one thing that's become startlingly clear. Being Finn's enemy was so much simpler than being his friend.

Adèle Villeneuve is a determined woman, and one who is not easily swayed - especially when it comes to what matters to her most. But with the recent arrival of the Renier family (whom her family have been at war with for generations), her whole life has been thrown into a tangle. Will she
Molly Lewis
Feb 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
After so enjoying The Sea of Lost Things, I was really excited to read St-Laurent’s second novel. False Start Fairytale immediately fed my desire to travel, as St-Laurent paints a clear picture of Adele’s adorable French village and the chateau. As a huge Escape to the Chateau fan, I was delighted to learn that the author was inspired by that show and the DIY spirit. Adele is a character who likes to do it herself, and it was wonderful to see things through the eyes of such a talented event mana ...more
Julie Rhinehart
Sep 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Light, fun read with a dramatic twist. Amazing plot, wonderfully realistic characters and real emotion fill the pages of this book!

Adèle is running an events company in her small town when Finn and his family move back and look into opening an events company of their own. From the beginning you will love every character in this book and find yourself waiting impatiently for what happens next.

Thank you NetGalley and Kelly St-Laurent for this edition and hearing my honest review. Looking forward
Nicole
Apr 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was drawn to this book by the pretty cover and happy that I tried it because the book is great. I’m a sucker for almost anything that takes place in France, but this was a great star crossed lovers romance. Adele & Finn are part of families who have have a family feud for almost 70 years. Of course we know they are going to fall in love, but there is a lot of great mystery and backstory to their family histories. Great modern day romance. I look forward to reading more books from this author! ...more
Dec 19, 2020 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book; it was completely a romance which I guess I didn't realize when I got it; I thought it would be more of a women's fiction novel. It was still nice.

The story was told from Adele and Finn's alternating viewpoints. There was some language and a moderate blush factor as it is a romance. The story overall was nice and the writing was fine.

If you are looking for a nice romance set in the countryside of France, with a few small twists and turns but nothing crazy, you would enjoy t
Teodora Penoiu
Aug 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was so much fun! I feel like this could be turned in such a cute movie and it would be iconic tbh.

The story is about Adele Villanauve and Finn Renier, who's families have been enemies for decades, even though none really knows exactly why, who fall in love and antics ensue. This has Romeo and Juliet written all over it, the difference being that the original doesn't hold a candle to this novel. As you can see, I really enjoyed it! :))))

If you like fast-paced stories with lovable charac
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
Jun 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
5 STARS

Second book I'm reading from Kelly and I have to say I'm impressed, she slowly becomes one of my favorite authors!I love her writing and her stories are captivating!The story was fast paced and hot!What I enjoyed the most was the characters and their connection!I loved them and I could feel their emotions!

Michelle
Apr 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
A well-written family feud story set in a charming town. Finn's character had more depth than expected.

Kindly received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Johana Hernandez
Apr 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.4
Paige N
Jun 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic Read!

Kelly does it again! Another wonderful and well written book that I couldn’t put down. A clearly incredibly talented author, I look forward to her next novel!
Julie Esueicnelis
Amy
Jun 22, 2020
Nathália Madeira
Jan 12, 2021

• Obsession Mine (Tormentor Mine, #2)
  • Who Will Save Your Soul: And Other Dangerous Bedtime Stories
  • My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry
  • Hunter (The Hastings, #1)
  • The Best Man
  • The Hunter (Boston Belles, #1)
  • You Deserve Each Other
  • Hands Down
  • Happily Letter After
  • Rock Bottom Girl
  • By a Thread
  • Not My Romeo (The Game Changers, #1)
  • Say Yes Summer
  • We Are Family
  • The Wedding (Cruise Control #2)
  • How to Save a Life
  • The Sheikh’s Fake Marriage (Sheikhs of Hamari #2)
  • Chasing Cassandra (The Ravenels, #6)