Start by marking “Own Your Sh!t” as Want to Read:
Own Your Sh!t

Own Your Sh!t

Just be happy. It could be worse. Don't take life so seriously. Are you tired of hearing this? Well-meaning friends and colleagues tell us to stay positive, but it often has the opposite effect.

Don’t be misled into thinking that happiness is just a choice. If it were, there would be no sad people. Getting a grip on your emotions is crucial for recovery from heartbreak, t
Published July 14th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Own Your Sh!t, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Own Your Sh!t

Start your review of Own Your Sh!t
Sanaa Firdous
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Allowing a single moment to define your life undermines the value and beauty that you're capable of beyond that moment."
These words will stay with me for the rest of my life. This was a book that made a massive, positive impact in my life and the way I approach life. I read this book with no expectations but boy did it surprise me!! I gained new perspectives about myself and others in every single chapter. Zaid Ismail's approach is simple, to the point and extremely effective. The impact he cre
Azraa
Dec 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Hi Zaid.

I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed reading your book "OWN YOUR SH!T"

There are so many aspects of the book that I can relate to. I especially loved the quotes that you inserted on pages. Each quote gives a different sense of self-reflection and words of encouragement.

This book has taught me how to think differently and question my choices and decisions.

One word to describe this book: REMARKABLE. This is a MUST READ book!
Fathima Moosa
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An exceptionally good read. Inspirational and motivating. Most people do not understand what is happening in their lives. This book is a clear concise explanation on how to deal with it.
I recommend this book to all even if u have a perfect life.
Fatima Bhayat
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Own your legacy.
Own your mind,thoughts,assumptions, perceptions, choices, experiences, behaviors and responses,Own your journey.

In spite of its title,(which actually caught my attention) exploring the contents of the 16 chapters was surprisingly refreshing.Zaid's insights towards mitigating modern challenges and relationships are relatable and practical.

Accountability and mindfulness are sure gifts to take away from this thoughtful read.

Liberating!!!
Amina
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this book in one sitting - I just could not put it down. What wonderful insights into the human way of being. Zaid brings to light so many important themes that influence our lives daily. And invites the reader to be bold enough to consider new perspectives. I had so many AHA! moments. His gift of understanding people, coupled with his eloquence is simply superb. Bravo!
Saffiya
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you want to be fully present, understand the different the different nuances of your life, drill down on both the good and bad things. This is the book to get. OYS!
A deeply-reflecting book, it allows one to zoom in on the past, it stirs up emotions with positive outcomes of understanding.
For me, it made me stop and think about self and my relationships with others. Some profound thoughts! This book gives one the permission to forgive yourself and move on.
I had mentioned to the author, I woul
Sa'Adah Tavira
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a very important read for me and I trust that it could be for most people. It has helped me to identify the root cause of alot of issues im my life. By doing this, it has also given me the tools to start correcting a lot of my thought processes which fail me. Thank you Zaid for this easy to read, short book which is life changing.
Fatima Zahra
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awareness /Awakeness

A great book dealing with awareness and mindfulness and the inter - connectedness of the two.
When standing at the edge of the crossroads, this book will help you take the next step and save you from stepping onto a roller-coaster.
Hamilton Wende
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very down to earth and practical way to look at the empty spaces in your life that you are perhaps trying to fill with something not helpful.

I found it really worthwhile!
Nugh
Feb 24, 2020
Deon Groenewald
Jan 20, 2020
Zaid Ismail
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Deborah Du

• The Girl Before You
  • Your Voice, My Strength and Other Stories
  • Metahuman: Unleashing Your Infinite Potential
  • FOREsight: Awaken curiosity. Cultivate wisdom. Discover the abundant future
  • Magnetiize: Stop the chase. Understand the change. Take control of your future
  • Think and Grow Rich
  • Crushed
  • A Walk at Midnight
  • The Ghost Stories of Edith Wharton
  • The Secretary
Writing is a ventlet that unpacks the insanity in my mind to create a shape and form that I can touch and feel. It helps to give an identity to the demons, or flight to the angels.

I've been writing informally for many years, most of which was an outlet to express myself beyond the confines of corporate life. After about 25 years, I decided to leave corporate and to pursue the unpacking of my insa

News & Interviews

Looking for some out-of-this-world reading this summer? Then we suggest taking a peek at these highly anticipated young adult books, all...