Start by marking “Majesty (American Royals, #2)” as Want to Read:
Majesty (American Royals, #2)

Majesty

(American Royals #2)

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  35,110 ratings  ·  4,031 reviews
Is America ready for its first queen?

Power is intoxicating. Like first love, it can leave you breathless. Princess Beatrice was born with it. Princess Samantha was born with less. Some, like Nina Gonzalez, are pulled into it. And a few will claw their way in. Ahem, we're looking at you Daphne Deighton.

As America adjusts to the idea of a queen on the throne, Beatrice grappl
Published September 1st 2020 by Random House Books for Young Readers

·  35,110 ratings  ·  4,031 reviews

Start your review of Majesty (American Royals, #2)
Breanna
Aug 06, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arcs
THIS REVIEW & MORE → Paws and Paperbacks

ARC provided by Random House Children's through NetGalley.

1.5 stars ✨

Buckle up kids, you’re in for one hell of a review.

If I was going to predict my biggest disappointment of the year, Majesty would never have even crossed my mind. I’m a huge fan of Katherine McGee’s books: they’re full of delicious drama, juicy secrets, complex characters, and angsty romance. I absolutely adored American Royals and I was really looking forward to reading this sequel. Read
Nilufer Ozmekik
Sep 26, 2020 rated it it was ok
Whhhaaatttt theeeee heeeecccck juuuuust happpeeeneeedd?is that all? No, it can’t! This must be a prank, right? This cannot be the real book! No! No! Noooooooooooooooo!

( a few denying hours later)

Yes, my friends, unfortunately this book is real. During my reading, I thought I would find a chapter telling us this was all a bad dream and real story would start up sooner with better conclusion but that chapter never appeared!

I wrote an extremely unpopular review to the first book cause I found th
Lily Herman
Apr 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Y'all, I have been on A Journey™ this evening. I got an ARC of Majesty earlier today (there is a God and she is a woman named Random House), casually yelped and scared my poor mother (whom I'm quarantining with), and read the entire novel in a single sitting without getting up. My butt and my heart hurt.

I'm just gonna say it: I really liked American Royals, but I loved this sequel more. Ending the first book on a cliffhanger was a risk, and to be honest, I was afraid that Majesty was going to be
M. (Inside My Library Mind)
Aug 31, 2020 rated it did not like it
More reviews up on my blog Inside My Library Mind

The Old Switcheroo
Imagine reading a first book in a series where you spent the entire book getting attached to the characters and their relationships with each other. Imagine that the focus of the book was the romantic relationships, there are several of them, and they’re all built up over the course of 300 pages. There’s angst, there’s pinning, there’s miscommunication and SO MANY OBSTACLES, but they’re all in love and they have to eventuall
Duks
Nov 11, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh 2019 Me had such high hopes for this book! 2020 Me feels cheated. This can't be the "closure" ending ending, I didnt get any closure, I feel like she didn't really know where to go with this book. Those 3 stars are me being generous at 2 in the morning...

Nov. 11, 2019 - What if she abolishes the monarchy so they can sll get their happy ending? And
instates "Democracy"?!
Hayley Wilson
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If there is not a scene when Nina runs into the chapel during Daphne and Jefferson's wedding and exposes Daphne for the snake she is, I am going to cry. ...more
Tiffany (Read By Tiffany)
1.5/5 stars. ⭐️⭐️

Nothing hurts more than absolutely falling in love with the first book in a series…then having your soul tragically crushed by a disappointing sequel.

Folks, I too have been hustled, scammed, bamboozled, hoodwinked, led astray!! *high five if you understand the reference* When I first read American Royals at the beginning of the year, I thought I had found a new favorite series. However, after finishing its lackluster sequel, I now have trust issues.

Majesty is the finale novel
Caidyn (he/him/his)
Aannddd (5/9/20) I got denied on Netgalley for my most anticipated release.

I haven't even finished the first book and I know I need to read this one.
Jessica | JustReadingJess
Sep 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
I loved this continuation of an excellent story. I love all of the characters so much. Majesty develops the characters more. All of the characters mature based on their new roles. Sam is no longer just breaking the rules, but now has an important role.

I won’t give anything away, but I was very happy with the outcome of this book. I love all of Katharine McGee’s books, so that wasn’t a surprise.

I highly recommend the American Royals series to any fans of YA, princesses, and cute romances.

Full rev
Christy

It pains me to write this review. Seriously. I was so looking forward to this book. I loved the first book and I was patiently waiting for my library borrow to come in so I could finally get to this book. I love Katherine McGee’s writing and there were some things I liked about this, but overall, I was so disappointed. Mainly in all the romances (except maybe one) and the direction so many of these characters stories took. I don’t want to spoil anything for anyone, so I won’t go into d
Elle
Its been two weeks since i finished this and im still mad at this book, if i write a review then its just gonnna be me complaining hehe....

So I finished this and I'm really disappointed. RTC
Edit: I honestly want to cry my expectations were so high and nothing went the way I wanted to *sobs*
________________________________________________________

Update 3, the same day: I HAVE THE BOOK BYE SEE YALL WHEN IM FINISHED

Update 2: It is now Tuesday and I just got an email saying they have sent out my boo
Caitlin Reads
Jan 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
I think I am in the minority where I can honestly say that I loved the second installment even more than the first. Majesty continues the journey of Beatrice, Samantha, Jefferson, Nina and Daphne. It picks up six weeks after King George has died and the family is trying to pick up the pieces. Beatrice was left in a position of choosing between her heart and her country.

In American Royals, I felt like the alternating POV’s made it difficult to connect with the characters since they were so new b
Heather
Sep 24, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-contemporary
Sadly I didn't love this one as much as the first one. It was still enjoyable but some story arc's I didn't like. My favorite story arc was Beatrice, gah I adore her and I enjoyed Sam's growth in this book a ton as well!
Nina was underused in this book and Daphne...still horrible.
Kimberly (Deity of Books)
#1) American Royals: ★★★★☆

As one of my most anticipated reads of 2020, this was a huge disappointment.

The great George IV has died and Beatrice is now the first-ever Queen of America. She is being pressured to marry Teddy so that she looks more mature and can perform her duties. Nina is trying to live her normal life after breaking up with Prince Jefferson. Samantha is trying her best to live her to her position as heir to the throne. Daphne is still the same as before.

This is one of the worst
Clara (The Bookworm of Notre-Dame)
My only complaint: Not enough Jeff.

No, but seriously. This series is so much fun. It’s light and entertaining, like watching a cheesy tv show. I wasn’t expecting many turns and my ships haven’t sailed as I wanted to, but the road is worth it. Those books don’t have the most beautiful prose nor the most original story line or characters, but I always have the most fun reading it.

UPDATE: I have been told this was a duology... So I am lowering my rating to 3 stars because THIS ISN’T A CONCLUSION. W
Laura ☾
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was ok
Katie Casaccia
Sep 04, 2020 rated it did not like it
Larry H
Sep 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
All hail Queen Beatrice of America!

Katharine McGee’s American Royals series returns with Majesty , the second book and another enjoyable installment. Beatrice has just been crowned Queen and is trying to figure out how to negotiate a role she has prepared for as long as she can remember, although she wasn't expecting to assume that role so soon.

Beatrice is the first woman to become Queen in American history, but despite living in modern times, there are some who only believe she can govern if
Trina (Between Chapters)
These books give me such The Selection vibes and I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm totally here for it. ...more
Sammi Weinroth
Oct 08, 2019 marked it as to-read
I am already DYING to read this!!
Bethany
Sep 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This followup was perfection! I expected some soapy fun a la Gossip Girl, and it certainly delivered that. But it also went in directions I didn't expect and I LOVED the ending for all of the characters. And I would read more in this world if she wants to write it. Just saying... I can't talk too much about this one without spoilers, but I will offer a few thoughts.

- Book 1 kind of glossed over the impact that slavery and the colonization of America & treatment of Native people would have on th
Megan (readingretriever)
Apr 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-arcs, 2020-reads
Majesty Rating: 4/5
Great news...THE SEQUEL DID NOT DISAPPOINT! Beatrice, Sam, Daphne, and Nina are back in all their royal glory as they adjust to their new roles and relationships in life after the death of King George. Since this book doesn't come out for a couple months, here is my spoiler free review of what I liked and didn't like about the four main leading ladies in Majesty.

Beatrice - She is as majestic as ever and she makes me yearn for a day when the US will have a strong and competent
Jessica
Jan 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Loved the soapiness of this, but the brilliance of the world she's envisioned cannot be ignored. With America ruled by a royal family, other countries that have since also become democracies are still monarchies as well, like Germany and France. D.C. is the hub, not only of the government, but of the nation, with the Statue of Liberty there, and New York being relegated to just a city in an east coast duchy. McGee also did a great job with all the threads she had started spinning in the first bo ...more
✧ jules ✧
I really enjoyed American Royals but this was honestly a complete and utter let down.
Katie
Aug 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"As if she wasn't a young woman at all, but a queen."

Summary
Majesty kicks off six weeks after the tumultuous end of American Royals in the aftermath of the shocking events. Beatrice has had to choose between duty and heart. Sam is stuck between being true to herself and living in Beatrice's shadow. Jeff is still stuck between the two girls vying for his attention - Nina and Daphne. While Nina is trying to move on from the events of six weeks ago, Daphne will do anything to claw her way b
Cheryl James
I really enjoyed Book 1 of this series. I wasn't that crazy about this book , which is book 2. The fact that i am a Royal Historical junkie i showed favoritism to the story which is based on a royal family in the United States. I must say the story was written very well and the audio was just as good. Not sure if there is a part 3 but it appears the Queen has some work to do.

You love who you love and you want what you want and sometimes you and people you love or thought you loved gets hurt in
Emma
Aug 21, 2020 rated it liked it

3.5/5 Stars

Full review HERE

Before starting this book I was pretty sure I knew what was going to happen in the main romantic relationships. Well, Boo boo the fool here to tell you that I didn't know anything and that I didn't expect the author to flip the tables like this! I want this review to be spoiler free because I don't want to ruin the fun for anyone, but just be ready for what's going down
Kate Olson
Sep 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
Utterly delectable. But how dare people tell me there won’t be a third in the series!?!? How can this BE?
Janssen
Sep 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was just SO fun. Better than the first.
Nina
Aug 29, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2021, arc
ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Overall, I did enjoy reading Majesty but unfortunately, it wasn't as good American Royals. I flew through the book and finished it in a day but it definitely left me wanting more. I'm quite frustrated with how Majesty ended and can't believe this series is only supposed to be a duology. I really hope Katharine McGee will decide to write a third part sometime in the future because I just feel like some of the characters'
The Ending 2 18 Apr 12, 2021 10:46PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Majesty (American Royals #2) by Katharine McGee - Restarting November 6th 2020 39 60 Dec 10, 2020 05:32AM

• The Last Time We Say Goodbye
  • Meg and Jo (The March Sisters, #1)
  • Happily Ever After (The Selection, #0.4, 0.5, 2.5, 3.1, 3.5)
  • The Gravity of Us
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • Selections from Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: Piano Solos
  • Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5, Part 1)
  • Meet You in the Middle
  • Among the Beasts & Briars
  • The Vanishing Throne (The Falconer, #2)
  • Magic Lessons (Practical Magic, #0.1)
  • A Deadly Education (The Scholomance, #1)
  • Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)
  • Throwaway Girls
  • Ash Princess (Ash Princess Trilogy, #1)
  • Untitled (Two Lies and a Spy, #3)
  • Sealed with a Lie (Two Lies and a Spy, #2)
  • Wrecking Ball (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #14)
Katharine McGee is the New York Times bestselling author of American Royals and The Thousandth Floor trilogy. She studied English and French literature at Princeton University and has an MBA from Stanford. She lives in her hometown of Houston, TX with her husband.

American Royals (2 books)
  • American Royals (American Royals, #1)

Articles featuring this book

Don’t you just hate that feeling of falling head over heels for a new series...and then having to wait anxiously (sometimes for years!) for...
“But we fell in love, day by day, he’d said. Real love comes from facing life together, with all its messes and surprises and joys.” 7 likes
“Real love comes from facing life together, with all its messes and surprises and joys.” 6 likes