Start by marking “The Art of Thinking Clearly: Better Thinking, Better Decisions” as Want to Read:
The Art of Thinking Clearly: Better Thinking, Better Decisions

The Art of Thinking Clearly: Better Thinking, Better Decisions

Product Description
THE SUNDAY TIMES BESTSELLER
THE TIMES BESTSELLER
GUARDIAN BESTSELLER
AMAZON TOP TEN BESTSELLER

THE SECRETS OF PERFECT DECISION-MAKING

Have you ever... Invested time in something that, with hindsight, just wasn't worth it?
Overpaid in an Ebay auction? Continued doing something you knew was bad for you?
Sold stocks too late, or too early? Taken credit f
Kindle Edition
Published August 4th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Art of Thinking Clearly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Art of Thinking Clearly

Start your review of The Art of Thinking Clearly: Better Thinking, Better Decisions
Volk Kiez
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It’s a wonderful thinking errors book that you can get back at any time to recheck your thinking process and decision making process. I truly love the ending of the book where the author advises us on taking decisions that require rational thinking slowly and with lots of considerations. Those decisions which do not really harm us should just be intuitively made for the sake of our minds, as thinking is truly tiring.
Nicolas Tsioutis
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I found this book an excellent brief on most human made errors and I assure you that it assisted me on thinking more clearly in my business and life decisions so far. I have read it twice in 2019, and I am still reading random chapters from it.
Ramón Martínez
Dec 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: essay
A short compedium of 99 cognitive errors explained in short and acompanied of examples and anecdotes.

Highly readable and absolutely enjoyable.

If you are interested in cognitive piscology or decision making do not wait to read this book.
Cristina
May 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great pinpoint on errors we make in work and personal life, and how we can learn to avoid those and discern between what’s bias and what’s not.
It’s a guide we can always come back to thanks to the concision of chapters and facts presented. Which makes it easy to read and refer back to when needed. I strongly recommend it!
Bighomer
Feb 09, 2021 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dropped
The book is not so much about how to think critically but rather it tells you about 99 fallacies. Now, when you're aware of the systematic biases of your thinking that may help you think more critically. But then this is a roundabout way of getting you to think critically and not what the book's title and cover promise.

Each chapter is short, a page or three long. And honestly, some of the anecdotes seem off, which makes me doubt the author really knows what he's talking about (to some extent). I
Sebastian
Nov 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lilyella Hart
Feb 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
As Dobelli says in the epilogue of this book, thinking clearly 100% of the time is not the aim, knowing when to be rational with your thoughts is best and letting other smaller decisions be made intuitively. Highly recommend
Isabelle Phou
Jun 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-help
It reminds me of ‘Why The Toast Always Lands Butter-Side Down’ by Richard Robinson, 2005. It goes over Murphy’s law which says that if something can go wrong, it will. Full of illustrative examples (and anecdotal evidence). Quick & easy reading which can help you catch yourself making cognitive errors.
Hilmi Bakhari
Oct 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good reference with ample anecdotes.
Maryam
Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rereading is a must
Mohamed Nasser
Jul 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
It is just a good rephrasing of Robert Cialdini’s six elements of Influence
Khizra
Feb 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
Better than many slef-help books, but not a self-help book.
Rajnish Kumar
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant
Jun Yen Phoon
Jul 05, 2020 is currently reading it
It clearly highlights the various human psychological characteristics. I don't mind reading this for the rest of my life. 📖 ...more
Raghoonandh
Jul 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
A pocket dictionary of Cognitive Biases.
Steffi Wolff
Nicholas Namacha
Dec 20, 2019
Negar
Jan 27, 2021
rated it did not like it
Sep 01, 2019

• The Fuzzy and the Techie: Why the Liberal Arts Will Rule the Digital World
  • Jasmine Days
  • Teatime for the Firefly

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »