Start by marking “Occupied Earth (The Sequel to First Encounter) (Ascension Wars Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Occupied Earth (The Sequel to First Encounter) (Ascension Wars Book 2)

Occupied Earth (The Sequel to First Encounter) (Ascension Wars Book 2)

FROM MILLION-COPY BESTSELLER JASPER T. SCOTT
THE FORERUNNERS LEFT EARTH IN SEARCH OF INTELLIGENT LIFE, AND THEY FOUND IT.
Captain Clayton Cross and his crew encountered the Kyra, an advanced race of avian carnivores. They fled this first encounter, but the Kyra beat them back to Earth by almost a century.

Earth lost the war in just a few weeks. Our cities burned, and bill
Kindle Edition
Published March 16th 2020 by Anthem Press

Start your review of Occupied Earth (The Sequel to First Encounter) (Ascension Wars Book 2)
Paul Bacon
Mar 30, 2020 rated it liked it
I really like Jasper's plot lines on many of his stories but his characters don't grab me enough for me to give them more stars. I am not emotionally invested in the characters because he doesn't develop them enough for my tastes. He does keep the action moving along well though, and for a light read I always enjoy his stories. ...more
Jim
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I kind of liked the first book in this series, although as I mentioned it turned out to be a horror story, but really didn’t know where it would lead. Well, now I know! It’s still in the venue of a horror story, but it’s been explained a lot more now.

Captain Clayton Cross has had a career change! Boy, is that an understatement. Last time we read about him, he was the Captain of the UNES starship Forerunner, one of three Earth colony ships sent out to find a new place for humanity to live. Unfort
Daniel Kupres
Jun 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
We’re back in New Houston and we discover how the Earth and its human habitats have be turned into near immortal soldier breeding livestock. It doesn’t take long for our hero, Clayton to assimilate to his “new normal” as a garbage man. His wife, Samara is in the medical field and little do they both know but the resistance to the Kyra is the reason that each have pursued the careers they chose instead of becoming like Keera and joining the Fight. The Kyra is the alien race that has taken over Ea ...more
Manish Sinha
Jun 27, 2020 rated it liked it
Took me 2 months to finish this book as it was not as exciting as I hoped for.

The first book was excellent. It was a great example of how first contacts would be more likely to progress. They met an advanced sentient species in the first book which is technologically way more advanced than humans. Not the way we expected!

Earth is now occupied and there is a small resistance group. This group barely makes progress and the protagonist is part of this resistance. He was the leader of the expedition
Michael Murphy
Sep 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As usual, Mr. Scott’s work is a pleasure to read: well-written, in-depth characters, and vividly described venues to pull the reader into the fast-paced action. This story follows Captain Cross, whose space mission made disastrous first contact with the Kyra. By the time his less-than-light-speed craft arrived back at Earth, the Kyra, traveling at faster-than-light-speed, had easily conquered Earth, killing billions of humans and laying waste to most of the land. They fortified concentrated area ...more
Jarryd Kalideen
Mar 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable - SPOILER WARNING

An overall good second instalment. There's wonderful world building which shows the ravages of occupation, what humanity lost and how nature reclaims. There's much character development especially with Clayton Cross, who goes from heroic to annoying and , back to heroic. There's plenty of allegiances and relationships intertwining and the overriding theme of who is the greater of two evils and of how easily humans are controlled through indoctrination persist. I did no
Curt
The second book following "First Encounter". As the title would imply, Captain Clayton and his crew discover that the alien race they encountered on their mission, have concurred the human race and are occupying earth. As the second book in a trilogy, I was worried that it would be slower but that was not the case for Occupied Earth. The story continues but from a totally different perspective - no longer in space but on Earth. Character development is better than in the first book and I actuall ...more
Jean Brandenburg
Jun 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Not realizing I had the first of the series, I read this one first. And the author did a great job of making it ok. It stands on it's own as a story. While it did have a legit ending, it does make you want to get the 3rd book to see what happens to Earth.
This is the story of what happened when an alien species took over earth, and spread a virus to turn humans into a human/alien hybrid so they could fight more wars and take over more of the universe.
The characters are believable and the story
Alessandro Andrade da Fonseca
Apr 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good but waiting for the bigger things behind it

Good book and thrilling story. Despite well developed, I am still waiting on the conclusion and if will somehow bring bigger thoughts about life in the universe, like Star trek did or Isaac Asimov stories. It can't only be war and conquest. Science Fiction always gives some thoughts about the bigger questions about life itself. Hopefully in this third book we will have this... And more light in the first planet and the other species the humans met
Hw Huyler
Great Story, Fathers & Daughters, Two Mothers, Hybrid Indoctrinated Children, Mechanized and Reptilian Sentients (some good, some bad)

Earth is being over run by creatures bound to have families bear children who will be indoctrinated into the alien culture as warriors or slaves. Families become torn apart and the children harvested through mis~education to become slaves in the wastelands or soldiers strengthening the Army of the invaders
Ami
Sep 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Occupied Earth is the second installment in Ascension Wars and it is even better than book one. I really like Clayton, Nova and Rosie! The world is well-described and the horrors in this dystopian tale are rampant! I highly recommend this series but the books definitely need to be read in the order written.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this ebook from the author and this is my honest and freely given opinion.
Lara Gray
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great sequel to First Encounters!

I lo ed the fact that Mr. Scott wrote a great opening covering the high points in the 1st book, First Encounter, so if it had been awhile since you had read it, you would be able to jump right in to Occupied Earth, not trying to remember what happenned before. This is something that I would like to see more of (hint, hint). This is a great set and I cant wait for future additions to come out and continue this great story!
Ron
May 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing Sequel Clayton is back on earth but it's controlled by the Kyra and they are using humans who they have infected with a virus to change them into a version of themselves. To use as soldiers in there war but not everyone changes successfully.
So there are rovering gangs of savages called Dregs. Can Clayton save his family and free earth this sequel is full of twists and turns as Clayton tries to survive. Definitely recommended
Steve
May 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable sequel

When organic bird like creatures aren’t evil enough, add some HAL 9000 into the mix and you get some really terrifying foes. Huge improvement over the 1st book, so much untapped potential with this world, especially when you consider that humans always assume we’re the smartest species around.
Jon Edney
Jun 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was fantastic. I really enjoyed book #1, as it was different. Occupied Earth was great, focusing much on the struggles Clayton went through, as well as others who come along the way. I don't believe I've read a more satisfying ending to a book than this one. This will absolutely be a book I read again. ...more
Manfred
Aug 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Captain Clayton Cross is now a garbage driver on earth occupied by the Kyra. Soon he meets the small resistance and struggles to stay with them. He meets new and old allies and they fight the occupation and seem to win. But not everything is what it looks like first. Looking forward to the next book in the series.
Richard Greer
May 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great Continuation of the Series.

The series started tough and got tougher. Mr.Scott's aliens are bad, evil and deceptive creatures on the top rung of civilization's ladder. Great writing style. Looking forward to next book.
K. Counihan
Mar 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Very Good Story

This is the second book in the Ascension Wars series. The writing is crisp and easy to get into. The reader will feel a part of the resistance crew trying to survive.
jonathan sanford
Aug 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A must read

Well this author has done it again. Absolutely brilliant and I can not wait to read more. The story carried on perfectly from the first book and the twists were great!!! 5 out of 5!!!!!!
Chris M
Jun 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great sequel. Very entertaining!
Gregory D
Nov 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great

Better than the first one I would say. I’m getting ready to start book three and I can’t wait! Enjoy!
Sanni Prest
Aug 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Very Intriguing Story

The excitement is a thrill, I like the never say die attitude of the characters. The time jumps are a bit unnerving but it helps the pace of the story. Beautiful book unto book 3
Andy Jimmy Rose
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this and the first one. Cannot wait for next one. Total fan of this fellas writing and I intend to read all his other stuff. Thanks Jasper 👍
eric bergkvist
May 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Can’t wait for number 3

Kept me turning those pages! I can’t wait to see if the Kyra and Chrona get theirs! I recommend this series.
Joe
Jul 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am already on the next book
Kimberly Sparks
Oct 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good read..

Good read,I have read all of the other books in this series! And I can't wait to see where the characters and the storyline goes from here.
Jesse McCann
Jun 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great tale

This is the second book after an excellent first, and is just as good. Can't recall specifics, but I loved Jasper T Scott's writing!
Darcy L Dunlap
May 31, 2020
Jean Bridge
Jul 28, 2020
John E Thaxton
Jul 30, 2020

• Old Secrets (The Survivors #13)
  • Reclamation (Rise #3)
  • Occupation (Rise #1)
  • Ruins of the Earth (Ruins of the Earth #1)
  • Deep Black
  • Banishment (The Forgotten Empire, #1)
  • Salvation (Rise #2)
  • New Discovery (The Survivors #12)
  • Earth Ascendant (The Forgotten Empire, #2)
  • Exodus (Forgotten Starship, #1)
  • Emerge (Forgotten Starship #2)
  • Another World
  • Prelude to Extinction
  • Culmination (Baldwin's Legacy #3)
  • The Resistance: The Complete Series (Books 1-3)
  • The Deities (The Survivors #14)
  • New Eden
  • Entropy (Forgotten Starship #3)
Jasper Scott is a USA Today bestselling author of more than 20 sci-fi novels. With over a million books sold, Jasper's work has been translated into various languages and published around the world.

Jasper writes fast-paced books with unexpected twists and flawed characters. Join the author's mailing list to get two FREE books: https://files.jaspertscott.com/mailin...